Old 10-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

RE: when you eat your veggies. You can split the 4 cups per day ANY way that works for you - and if you know you're eating a veggie-heavy dinner, you can save some or all of your lunch veggies for dinner and just have lettuce salad or unrestricted raw veg at lunch. That was how I did Thanksgiving last time I was on IP - I just had all my veggies at T-Day dinner (which was around lunchtime), and later in the day I made a romaine lettuce salad to go with my packet. That goes for pretty much everything we are supposed to eat in a day - it doesn't matter WHEN you eat your 4 cups veg, 8 oz protein and packets...as long as you eat everything you're supposed to in a day!

And today was WI day - 1.2lbs down! I'm thrilled with that as I had two bigger loss weeks in a row, which is not the norm for me. That puts me a little over 20lbs gone in 8 weeks! Woo hoo!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I'm just curious about giving up dairy for good. I've dealt with a itchy red scalp since I was a young girl...and it is so much better now. My energy level is so much better...and even my sense of smell is stronger.

Do any of you have sensitivities to dairy?
dairy sensitivities are pretty well documented by the natural health community in MANY people. That redness is a common symptom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Thanks Lisa . . . do you have another suggestion for bars?
There were lots of Quest bars in that list that work! There are even 2 you could count as an unrestricted, especially in conjuction with all that walking. Quest are my favs b/c they're soy-free, gluten-free, and you can get ones that are sucralose (Splenda)-free.

I have to be really careful with them b/c they "make" me want to eat more than 1. My local grocery store is now carrying them so I can buy singles

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-24-2014 at 09:13 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

I have an NSV to share. Yesterday I was in Target and had some time to waste so I decided to try some clothes on. I didn't have any $, but thought it would be fun to see what fit. I chose a few dresses and skirts that I really didn't think would fit or look good! and was pleasantly surprised. First, it was wonderful to be able to shop in the regular department and just choose clothes off of the rack!! I picked out size large and they all fit!! now I wasn't very happy about how my calves looked in the dresses, I've always had big calves and still do. So i'm hoping they get smaller as the weight comes off. I'd love to be able to wear a dress. Still, it was a good feeling!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #19  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

kissi and Kelly: I saw your pictures from yesterday. WTG. What a difference!
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #20  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday Everyone!! WI this morning and 2 lbs down. I'm 9 lbs til goal!!! 2 more lbs and I hit 50 lbs lost. I really may stay on until I hit 60 lbs lost which would be phasing off at 132.4. I am just playing it by ear.

This diet works, especially if you are 100% OP. I like IP!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #21  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!! WI this morning and 2 lbs down. I'm 9 lbs til goal!!! 2 more lbs and I hit 50 lbs lost. I really may stay on until I hit 60 lbs lost which would be phasing off at 132.4. I am just playing it by ear.

This diet works, especially if you are 100% OP. I like IP!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Saw your pics from yesterday....you look amazing!!!!! Those big round numbers do feel good, don't they? I do think you will continue to lose as you phase off. I am still losing on maintenance (not on purpose) and just trying to find the right balance for myself....maintenance is really just the BEGINNING of it all and not the END!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Default Plateau question

Notsofat-Congrats to meeting goal! That must be an amazing feeling!

I do have a question about plateaus- I have been dealing with the same 2-3lbs for 6-7 weeks. This becoming extremely discouraging.

Do you all think my metabolism has just slowed on me at this calorie level, reaching a happy homeostasis at 1000 cal a day? Do you think that eating OP food, but perhaps upping it by 500 or 1000 cal for a day or two might jar my body into releasing?

I have read through old plateau threads and some saw success with a "cheat" day. I am wondering if I should go more strict and do a "bootcamp" week with just fast protein or if i should go with more calories for a day....help?
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #23  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Saw your pics from yesterday....you look amazing!!!!! Those big round numbers do feel good, don't they? I do think you will continue to lose as you phase off. I am still losing on maintenance (not on purpose) and just trying to find the right balance for myself....maintenance is really just the BEGINNING of it all and not the END!
Thanks evemomma. You are looking HOT HOT HOT in your new profile pic. Great job!
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I like sauerkraut in my cabbage rolls (deconstructed or not, lol) and you can get a bit more veg in that way since it doesn't really cook down much after you measure it. Maybe that will help. I also like a bit of caraway in mine, but that's just me - more German style cabbage rolls than Polish or Ukrainian.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #25  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Kelly - I had to go back into yesterday's thread to see your progress pics - AWESOME JOB!!

NSV for today, a woman at work stuck a note on my computer saying "You're looking good skinny! Keep up the good work!" Made my day! Also put on a pair of jeans today that used to give me muffin top REALLY bad....now they're a little loose in the bum and I can't wear them without a belt

Halloween is upon us! My house is about to be flooded with candy. Tonight, our cub scout pack has a Halloween Hike at a local wildlife sanctuary. Tomorrow is Trunk or Treat at our church, and Sunday is a Halloween parade near my dad's house. That's not even counting the ACTUAL trick or treats or their karate dojo's Halloween party next week! But we've always been pretty strict about the candy in the house (my husband is a type 1 diabetic), so I'm not TOO worried. We let the kids pick out their favorite stuff, enough to fill a big mason jar. That's what they get to keep, and have treats in their lunchbox for the next few weeks. A lot of it I bake into goodies for Turkey day, and hubby and I usually take a "parent tax" of our favorites This year, my mommy tax is going in the freezer for maintenance cheat day treats!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Notsofat-Congrats to meeting goal! That must be an amazing feeling!

I do have a question about plateaus- I have been dealing with the same 2-3lbs for 6-7 weeks. This becoming extremely discouraging.

Do you all think my metabolism has just slowed on me at this calorie level, reaching a happy homeostasis at 1000 cal a day? Do you think that eating OP food, but perhaps upping it by 500 or 1000 cal for a day or two might jar my body into releasing?

I have read through old plateau threads and some saw success with a "cheat" day. I am wondering if I should go more strict and do a "bootcamp" week with just fast protein or if i should go with more calories for a day....help?
I had a bit of a stall too, and if you are following all your other protocol, (water, oil, salt, vitamins) you might want to look at moving to the Diabetic Alternative IP plan. (not using alternative products (although you could)).
It adds in 1 low fat dairy serving, 1 fruit serving, and 1 starch carb serving per day. I started to lose again when I did that, as I was just not feeling well and (for my body) wasn't getting enough food by that time. I actually lost into P3 and maintenance doing it this way, so for me it does work and I know it has for others too.

Have you had your bloodwork done - how are your thyroid panels and blood sugars?? That's another possibility.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Thanks Liana. You might be right about switching over to diabetic to see if there is a change. Did you order your group choices in any particular way? Doing the fruit at breakfast, grain at lunch, dairy at dinner?

I have had my bloodwork done and everything looks really good. I am hoshimoto hypo, but everything is looking good on those panels with my current synthroid.
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky2012 View Post
Thanks Lisa . . . do you have another suggestion for bars?

I guess I could swing by my coach and pick up some . . was just hoping to get a variety and not a full 7 days worth of bars . . . just looking for a few to get me through the weekend.

THANKS!
A lot of the GNC have sales on Quest Bars. Buy 2 get one free, maybe look into your local store if you have one
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #29  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm baAaAck. Had an awesome vacation in southwest Colorado the last week and a half. Got in at 2 am this morning and I'm plugging away at work today (zZzZ). First day in my new role so I'm pretty energized.

Had a good week mostly OP on Phase 2. I had a couple of planned "off" meals, and added an extra packet a couple of days because of all of the hiking we did. My fitbit registered more than 15,000 steps every day we were there, and on our most active day, 25,000 steps and more than 200 floors!

Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm about a half pound down from where I was when I left. Thinking it might go lower over the weekend as I re hydrate and catch up on sleep and my muscles calm down a bit. Planning to stay on P2 for another two solid weeks to get back to a normal eating routine and then transition to P3 the second week of November.

Congrats to everyone on the losses and those who are at or so close to goal! Definitely missed ya'll while I was disconnected.
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Good morning and it is. I did it
I am under goal. Last night WI l lost 1.8. I only needed to lose .6 to get to goal.
Woohoo! That's AWESOME! I can't wait until I'm in your shoes. So motivating!

I'm bummed today. My mom came over for lunch like usual but today she stopped at Wegmans for the salad bar. She brought me (with the best intentions) an Asiago cheese cake, which I declined at first but buckled under let pressure...turns out the first ingredient is rice and it had 52 net carbs! I'm sad about this. I'm just going to brush it off and keep going but I'm not happy! I hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Last edited by taffetadarling; 10-24-2014 at 12:49 PM.
taffetadarling is offline   Reply With Quote