Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #16  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
I weigh myself at home every single morning. Shortly after getting out of bed and naked of course. This is the most accurate weight. I know we should only weigh ourselves once a week but this is a habit I'm not willing to give up. As long as you realize that weight does fluctuate throughout the week. So just don't get discouraged when/if you see a slight increase. My "ticker" shows my daily morning weight and my "signature" shows my weekly WI @ IP. At IP I'm always about 5 to 6 lbs heavier than my morning weigh in at home. Obviously because I've eaten throughout the day, been a little more active (since I didn't just get out of bed) and I'm wearing clothes. But both weights are consistent weekly. So I know the morning of my IP weigh in I'll be about 5 to 6 lbs more than that at IP..which is always in the evening.
Oh, this is SO me, too. I weigh every day, soon as my eyes are open and my feet are out of bed. I'm normally up at least 3-4 lbs at night. It's disapppointing to see lower numbers during the week and then be "up" on WI day, but that's the way it goes. Sometimes I think it's based on hydration level more than anything else. I comfort myself with the inch losses, because there is no doubt that I am definitely shrinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Pinky: I am a daily (or almost daily) weigher. Everyone is different. For me, weighing myself every morning helps me get into the weightloss mindset first thing in the morning. It has become part of my IP routine. Daily weight fluctuations don't bother me because I know they are part of the process. For other people, weighing daily adds uneccessary stress and self doubt since the scale can fluctuate over the course of the week due to water retention or a myriad of other reasons.

The official protocol us to weigh weekly but you need to make the decision that is best for you. Fwiw, I weigh daily but only count my weekly weigh in at the coaches office as my "official" weight.
I count my first Tuesday morning weight as the official one, regardless of whether it is higher or lower than any other day's WI. Because my "coach" is 1000 miles away we have to do the weighing part ourselves.

Down 4lbs on the nose this week, officially.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

DaCooler, I have forgotten my lunch many many many times. I find its best to go to a local grocery store and pick up some raw veggies to snack on and maybe stop at a restaurant and ask them to dry grill a chicken breast with no seasoning and to be celiac friendly (to guarantee they are careful). I see your a fellow Canadian, I know Boston Pizza does grill a single chicken breast for about $6. Good Luck and Happy Lunch!
Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

I forgot to say yesterday at WI, I've reach 1/3 of my weight loss goal! Only 40lbs to go!

NSV- My jeans are fitting much nicer and people have been asking me "Have you done something different with your hair?", It's nice when others around your recognize something is different about you (even if it is weight loss and not a new haircut).
Old 10-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #19  
Certified Fat Chick

Thanks for the suggestions Kissi. No gnc nearby but our cafeteria will have hard boiled eggs. I think it's pasta for lunch there today so that's a no go. A good lesson to keep some backup snacks in my drawer!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

Height: 5'2"

DaCooler-I have a Tupperware container I keep at my desk at work and when I get my products. I bring all into work and divide it up to go home/stay at work. Then I always have something in both places. My vitamins travel daily in a bag with me. I really need to split those up too! BUT....I haven't yet LOL Good luck to you.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

I always keep IP products at work. I work in an office of three so it's easy to fill the fridge with veggies too. Of course I'm also lucky that I work 8 minutes from home and about 3 minutes from the grocery store and my IP product supplier
Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

So I'm going nuts! I rebooted last Friday and I'm eating great. My first weigh in is Wednesday although Friday will make a week. I have a knee injury that is keeping my leg swollen and I know that is going to affect my numbers. How do I get over the mental part of the weight loss not showing a lot until my knee get better? I'm in a mental funk
Old 10-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

DaCooler - you can pick up alternative products at just about any drugstore, WalMart, Target or supermarket! I have found myself out shopping MUCH longer than I expected, and have grabbed a package of steamer broccoli and a 4 pack of EAS shakes from Target or Wally World to cover my lunch. It can be done! Most stores have the products in their health section. Pure Protein chocolate bars & PP ready-to-drink shakes, EAS Carb AdvantEDGE RTD shakes, and even the Target brand chocolate protein bars fit the IP profile.

I keep a 4 pack of EAS in my drawer at work just in case, but I also know that I can grab another pack at the CVS down the road if I REALLY get in a bind.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchfun View Post
So I'm going nuts! I rebooted last Friday and I'm eating great. My first weigh in is Wednesday although Friday will make a week. I have a knee injury that is keeping my leg swollen and I know that is going to affect my numbers. How do I get over the mental part of the weight loss not showing a lot until my knee get better? I'm in a mental funk
I am facing a similar "stress" it's my TOM and from what I'm reading, I may not see any loss on the scale. Most of my brain tells me not to sweat it, but there's that one little part I know is going to be disappointed! lol

Just remember your previous success and that it's not just the scales that are proof. The best proof is when your clothes aren't as tight and you measure inches less Hope your knee heals up soon.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #25  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
I am facing a similar "stress" it's my TOM and from what I'm reading, I may not see any loss on the scale. Most of my brain tells me not to sweat it, but there's that one little part I know is going to be disappointed! lol

Just remember your previous success and that it's not just the scales that are proof. The best proof is when your clothes aren't as tight and you measure inches less Hope your knee heals up soon.
Yeah, TOM gets me out of whack. I also see that I have slower loss weeks a couple weeks before TOM (I assume when I'm ovulating). I started TOM on Sunday so I'm drinking extra water and I'm interested to see what the scale reads on Friday. I have two more weigh ins until me and my coach evaluate where I am and decide on dates of when I want to phase off. (I said throughout this that I would play it by ear when I got down to the 130s and I wanted to get down to a size 6 which I'm in right now).

My first 'slower' WI I tried not to get down, the trick is to focus on the bigger picture and the total weight lost and know that this diet works and those 'slower' loss weeks end up evening out with the 'larger' loss weeks. I go into weigh ins now and if I'm down .5 lbs I rejoice that I see a loss and think of where I started and I know those lbs are going to come off. I've read it here a lot and it's important to stress that weight loss isn't linear.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 217.4/150/130

I have to report a sin of mine...I had my first cheat last night. A co-worker went to France and brought me back cheese! I love cheese and it made me sooo happy *it was a special treat*. So I had to have a sliver of it. I think I kept the "milk" content to an ounce. LOL. It was so good! :P Now I will have to keep my paws off it tonight and going forth!
Old 10-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Have any of you bought the "Steak n A Bag" from Nashua Nutrition?
I was wondering if they were any good.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #28  
started IP 6/21/14

S/C/G: SCG: 156/125/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone! It's my first day of P2 - made little wrap sandwiches out of cauliflower tortillas (kissi - they came out SO GOOD!), veggie cheese slices, lettuce and turkey. Not too bad! But wow, it's hard to choke down all that protein. I'm not a huge fan of lunchmeat, either, even if it is nitrate-free/lean/organic/etc. Is there a P2 lunch ideas thread anywhere? I've read a ton of P1 breakfasts/dinners, and P3 breakfasts, but I'm looking for easy P2 lunch ideas that don't involve a salad (WAY over salads from P1).

RE: HAIRLOSS - Someone had mentioned at the end of the chat yesterday about adding hair extension clips to make things a bit fuller. This is a good idea - has anyone tried it? Unfortunately for me, my hairloss is most noticeable right around the sides of my face where it's thinned significantly, and I don't think you can put clips in there? If someone tries this, let me know - nearly cried last night when I put my hair in a ponytail and it was half as thick as it used to be. I know, I know, life could be worse - I lost my cousin to brain cancer in May (she was 38, left behind 2 kids under 4) - so I know this too shall pass...

RE: DAILY WEIGHING - I'm totally a daily weigher. Not in an obsessive way, but it keeps me on track so I can plan better. I skip weekends sometimes, though. At first the fluctuations were disheartening - but a friend told me on this diet especially you really retain and react to sodium, so I've noticed when I've had high-sodium foods the scale goes up, but a day or so later it's right back down again. I feel like this helps prep me for maintenance a bit, too. Before going on IP I hadn't weighed myself in years, so it was no surprise to me that I had packed on 30lbs and gone up 6 sizes.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Have any of you bought the "Steak n A Bag" from Nashua Nutrition?
I was wondering if they were any good.
Ingredients
Beef, salt, sugar, monosodium glutamate, paprika, spices, chipotle powder, habanero powder, garlic, sodium nitrate.

The MSG would keep me away more than anything to do with IP. There are reviews of the different flavors on Amazon if that isn't important to you.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #30  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
Good afternoon everyone! It's my first day of P2 - made little wrap sandwiches out of cauliflower tortillas (kissi - they came out SO GOOD!), veggie cheese slices, lettuce and turkey. Not too bad! But wow, it's hard to choke down all that protein. I'm not a huge fan of lunchmeat, either, even if it is nitrate-free/lean/organic/etc. Is there a P2 lunch ideas thread anywhere? I've read a ton of P1 breakfasts/dinners, and P3 breakfasts, but I'm looking for easy P2 lunch ideas that don't involve a salad (WAY over salads from P1).
I love those cauliflower tortillas. They are a good bit of work but the reward is great as well!! I can't help you with P2 lunch ideas because I'm planning on going to Costco and buying chicken and shrimp in bulk and grilling it on Sundays and doing salads for lunch during the week. Then doing something 'fun' for dinner and more 'fun' on the weekends (like my cauliflower shepherd's pie, pork tenderloin, Zucchini noodles, etc. etc.).

I know evemomma ended up eating a lot of eggs on P2 because she thought that was easier to get down than the meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthkitten View Post
RE: HAIRLOSS - Someone had mentioned at the end of the chat yesterday about adding hair extension clips to make things a bit fuller. This is a good idea - has anyone tried it? Unfortunately for me, my hairloss is most noticeable right around the sides of my face where it's thinned significantly, and I don't think you can put clips in there? If someone tries this, let me know - nearly cried last night when I put my hair in a ponytail and it was half as thick as it used to be. I know, I know, life could be worse - I lost my cousin to brain cancer in May (she was 38, left behind 2 kids under 4) - so I know this too shall pass...
I actually have some clip in hair extensions and haven't worn them in a while. I can tell my hair has gotten thinner but it isn't really drastic. It actually seems longer which is weird. The clip in extensions will also make the sides fuller, you can get some real human hair ones from amazon or I bought mine from Sally's. The quality isn't amazing but I don't wear them all the time. Plus, you can curl them and style them with the real human hair ones. I think I spent $80 on mine from sallys.
Closed Thread