Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #46  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I remember you from my first time on IP! There are quite a few of us on a "reboot" so you're in good company Congrats on your baby!!
I remember you too!!!! Excited to be back!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #47  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygail2006 View Post
I am taking the supplements and the ones in the morning make me feel kinda of sick feeling about a hour after I have taken them...does this do it to anybody else???
I was taking the supplements first thing in the morning with my morning choc shake but then realized that I shouldn't be taking anything in the morning with my Synthroid (for low thyroid). So I've started taking them at lunch time instead. And I've also gotten into the habit of eating my snack right after dinner lately, we usually eat later. I found it daunting having to take 4 Cal-Mag's at once. So I now take 2 of them with lunch then 2 with dinner.

Breakfast: No supplements
Lunch: Multi + Potassium + 2 Cal-Mag's
Dinner & Snack: Multi + 2 Cal-Mag's + Omega

Andi

Old 10-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #48  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Darthkitten...

Yes, P2 is recommended for two FULL weeks. It's purpose is to slowly up your calories and start to wean you from packets. I found it HARD to eat so much meat. Like Kissi mentioned, I ate a lot of eggs. I hardboiled a dozen or so and used them at breakfast, sliced in salads and in IP deviled eggs (mixed yolk with WF chipotle ranch or bacon ranch and yellow mustard and sprinkled with paprika). I also discovered the joys of pork tenderloin since I could make ahead and easily reheat. P3 has the same amount of meat also.

I also really missed my extra packet in P2...but it was a good reminder to learn to love my REAL food. I highly suggest reading the maintainers food threads and the old "life after P1 threads" to help prepare for P2 and beyond. Congrats!!!!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

People who ruin your day by making rude remarks......."I'm glad you've lost weight, but the way your going about it is unhealthy, you're practically starving yourself!"

No I am not starving myself... im training my body to be healthy and not depend on food. If the caveman could do it hundreds of years ago, im pretty sure I can do it for 4+ months.

Why cant people see that we are perfectly happy with what we are doing???
Its not like im out there doing drugs...geez grrrrrr okay rant over
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #50  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
nat - Happy to see my fellow June starter! I hope things are well.
Everything is great! Nice to see you too! I haven't been on the board as much because things have been crazy. I'm hoping that I can slow down a little now. Still keeping on keeping on though!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #51  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=darthkitten;5084518]Good afternoon everyone! It's my first day of P2 - made little wrap sandwiches out of cauliflower tortillas (kissi - they came out SO GOOD!), veggie cheese slices, lettuce and turkey. Not too bad! But wow, it's hard to choke down all that protein. I'm not a huge fan of lunchmeat, either, even if it is nitrate-free/lean/organic/etc. Is there a P2 lunch ideas thread anywhere? I've read a ton of P1 breakfasts/dinners, and P3 breakfasts, but I'm looking for easy P2 lunch ideas that don't involve a salad (WAY over salads from P1).

I just cook extra protein at dinner and take it for lunch. I just started P4 and my coach says I have to continue with the 8oz at lunch and dinner in maintenance as well as two cups of veggies at each meal. Honestly, I've always been a big eater and I can't do it. I feel like I'm eating all day long just to get it in and I'm feeling way too full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCooler View Post
I looked around at Shoppers drug Mart when I was out for lunch. All of the bars there seemed to have a lot of carbs so I didn't buy anything. I think the lowest I saw was that pure protein which was still around 16g or so. I don't know the content of the IP packets well enough yet to make a comparison. Haven't found any low carb stuff at Walmart or target either. Maybe we have different stuff here in Canada? Will have to check out a pure health food store I guess. Lunch turned out ok. Will have my snack tonight instead
Pure protein is at target, walmart and Costco in Ontario. Not sure where you are. Simply chips are at the bulk barn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
I was taking the supplements first thing in the morning with my morning choc shake but then realized that I shouldn't be taking anything in the morning with my Synthroid (for low thyroid). So I've started taking them at lunch time instead. And I've also gotten into the habit of eating my snack right after dinner lately, we usually eat later. I found it daunting having to take 4 Cal-Mag's at once. So I now take 2 of them with lunch then 2 with dinner.

Breakfast: No supplements
Lunch: Multi + Potassium + 2 Cal-Mag's
Dinner & Snack: Multi + 2 Cal-Mag's + Omega

Andi

I take my synthroid as soon as I wake up (6am). I then took my potassium and 1 multi with my morning shake. I don't think you can mix the potassium with the cal mags. I was told I had to have it in the morning. I was always told synthroid on an empty stomach so either 30 minutes before or 2 hours after eating. My levels were checked a couple times during my loss and I was fine.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #52  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
People who ruin your day by making rude remarks......."I'm glad you've lost weight, but the way your going about it is unhealthy, you're practically starving yourself!"

No I am not starving myself... im training my body to be healthy and not depend on food. If the caveman could do it hundreds of years ago, im pretty sure I can do it for 4+ months.

Could always try breaking it down simply for them .. "I get the calories my brain needs from carbs and the rest are from burning my body's own fat stores. In the end I probably have more calories per day, and I'm using fat, not laying down more by having too many carbs."

People are always willing to criticise what they don't know or understand. You only have to read about how many doctors think ketosis is the same as ketoacidosis to realise that even the medical profession are confused by non-standard eating habits.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post

The same people who would NEVER mention a person's weight gain?
I don't understand how its not okay to comment on weight but it is perfectly fine to comment on weight loss and dissatisfaction about how someone is going about it.

I've had to tell a couple people at work that I'm uncomfortable with them discussing my health status when they don't know the whole story. That seems to stop it.

Now, what they say about me behind my back is none of my business.
As Ruth Ann will tell you, my favorite line is "you can't fix stupid".
I'm not judging, I'm just sayin'

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Too true Lisa & Ruth Ann... you can't fix stupid.
How's your hip doing Lisa? Is the PT regimen working out, I hope so... Pain drives one to distraction, and distraction is a menace to healthy eating.

Liana
Old 10-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #55  
IP Started 9/29/2014

S/C/G: 215/194/155

Height: 5.5

Proud of myself --- I have downed 100 oz of water today (no easy feat!)!!!

I have also discovered I'm not a fan of the Milk Chocolate Pudding Mix . . . glad I only had a single packet!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #56  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

I take my synthroid as soon as I wake up (6am). I then took my potassium and 1 multi with my morning shake. I don't think you can mix the potassium with the cal mags. I was told I had to have it in the morning. I was always told synthroid on an empty stomach so either 30 minutes before or 2 hours after eating. My levels were checked a couple times during my loss and I was fine.
You kinda scared me when you said you didn't think potassium and cal-mag's should be taken together. So I immediately did some research on this subject and found that you can take all 3 together. In fact, there's even some vitamin companies that sell all 3 together in one pill. So phew..I'm glad you made me look into this. Thanx.

Andi

Old 10-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
You kinda scared me when you said you didn't think potassium and cal-mag's should be taken together. So I immediately did some research on this subject and found that you can take all 3 together. In fact, there's even some vitamin companies that sell all 3 together in one pill. So phew..I'm glad you made me look into this. Thanx.
I don't take mine together.
I've read numerous places to take mag separate from potassium. Most of what I read is from natural health practitioners. Just because companies sell something doesn't mean it is right or good
Old 10-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Too true Lisa & Ruth Ann... you can't fix stupid.
How's your hip doing Lisa? Is the PT regimen working out, I hope so... Pain drives one to distraction, and distraction is a menace to healthy eating.

Liana
Thanks for asking. Not much better yet. Only 1 week into PT.
I think it was flared up pretty good when I started.mmthis is gonna take some time. Pain is an incredible distraction.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Had my weight in today down .8 lbs Down a total of 18 pounds.

I have been feeling very queasy the last two weeks making it very hard to get all my food in. I don't take my multi until lunch. Bought food without soy this week to see if this helps.... any other suggestions?
Closed Thread