Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #31  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

canadjineh

Do I remember correctly (or did I make this up)...Did you switch to Alts for the last part of your time on P1? I thought I recalled something about you saying you needed more protein or something?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #32  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
The tortillas are a lot of work and they dirty the food processor, which I hate to do for just 3 tortillas. After going through the process the first time, I was curious if I could make a big batch and freeze them. I left an extra serving (3 tortillas - I make them thin) in the freezer for a few weeks. They came out perfectly. About six months ago I spent a whole afternoon and made four heads worth (around 40 tortillas) at once. I am down to my last serving now and they are just as good as the first ones were.
Oh, I just bought me a fancy new 14 cup food processor from Macys (instead of working with my little 3-cup one) and I plan on buying a few cauliflowers and doing the same with this. I thought about just ricing it down and freezing it in 2 cup increments. I didn't think about actually making the tortilla and then freezing them. Are you reheating them int he microwave?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

ChipnDip: Yay! Congrats P2. I'm so looking forward to that.

gracerev: Your random compliment yesterday. That was so nice of that lady to stop and say that to you. I bet you felt like a million bucks!

Pauley: Congrats! 4 lbs...that's awesome.

takers: 1.6 is nothing to sneeze at. Any loss is a good one. Woohoo!

Rayze: 8.4..Fantastic. And while on the road. You rock.

Sgrealtor: Keep it up! You're doing great.

I yelled at my scale this morning. I got on and was 3 lbs less than yesterday. I have a digital scale and I always weigh at least twice to get the same number. Second time..same as yesterday.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #34  
Started WW 2/2/15

S/C/G: 240/218/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

Celebrating today! I am starting phase 2 today!!! And I lost 3.5 pounds this past week, weighing in wearing pants and a sweater now that the weather is colder. I am one pound from goal but confident I will lose that in P2. My loss last week is telling me I really could go lower but I feel comfortable right now and not getting comments that I am too thin. I think this is a good spot to be in maintenance.

I now have way to much "stock" in my cupboard. I started purchasing some altos along with my regular IP without telling my coach. Last couple weeks I haven't bought anything. I wonder if she will start to question that. I'll be set for many months of p1 days after my fun day.

This is the first diet I have ever reached goal. I can't believe I did this!!
That's fantastic -
Old 09-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
canadjineh

Do I remember correctly (or did I make this up)...Did you switch to Alts for the last part of your time on P1? I thought I recalled something about you saying you needed more protein or something?
Hi kissi: I did use some alternatives (Vega GF vegan protein smoothie powders which I still like to use in maintenance) but I also ended up having to go on the Alternative Phases Plan (for diabetics & those who just needed more food to lose weight & feel better) which include 1 fruit, 1 low fat dairy, and 1 starch carb serving per day. I lost weight a bit slower than the 'regular' plan but felt much healthier and my GI system worked much better. Just under 2 lbs/wk including first week losses.

Liana
Old 09-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
The tortillas are a lot of work and they dirty the food processor, which I hate to do for just 3 tortillas. After going through the process the first time, I was curious if I could make a big batch and freeze them. I left an extra serving (3 tortillas - I make them thin) in the freezer for a few weeks. They came out perfectly. About six months ago I spent a whole afternoon and made four heads worth (around 40 tortillas) at once. I am down to my last serving now and they are just as good as the first ones were.
Thanks, I was going to ask if anyone had luck with freezing these. Did you freeze them after they came out of the oven or out of the fry pan?

Last edited by ommamma; 09-18-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #37  

Default Waistlines UP!

Interesting article I got in my inbox this morning...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140...TcmT2T61geg%3d

TUESDAY, Sept. 16, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- Americans' belt size continues to inch up, and women's waistlines are widening faster than men's, according to new government research.

The average waist size ballooned more than an inch -- from 37.6 inches to 38.8 inches -- between 1999 and 2012, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention researchers found....

Liana
Old 09-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #38  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Interesting article I got in my inbox this morning...

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140...TcmT2T61geg%3d

TUESDAY, Sept. 16, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- Americans' belt size continues to inch up, and women's waistlines are widening faster than men's, according to new government research.

The average waist size ballooned more than an inch -- from 37.6 inches to 38.8 inches -- between 1999 and 2012, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention researchers found....

Liana
I saw a report about this recently too. Ideally I'd like to get below a 33 inch waist, wondering if I'll be able to do some of that in maintenance.

My daily WI today gave me a glimpse of the 60s. My scale paused at 169.2 before settling on 170. Hopefully I'll be there by official WI on Tuesday! Getting so close. I have a month until vacation. I think I'll make it to goal by then but I think I might just stay on P1 until I get back or do an extended P2 to give myself more wiggle room. Pretty sure I never want to weigh above 165 again.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #39  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi kissi: I did use some alternatives (Vega GF vegan protein smoothie powders which I still like to use in maintenance) but I also ended up having to go on the Alternative Phases Plan (for diabetics & those who just needed more food to lose weight & feel better) which include 1 fruit, 1 low fat dairy, and 1 starch carb serving per day. I lost weight a bit slower than the 'regular' plan but felt much healthier and my GI system worked much better. Just under 2 lbs/wk including first week losses.

Liana
Thanks, Liana. I knew it was something. I'm thinking about just checking in with my clinic and switching to Alts fully. I'm still in the right mindset about this diet and feel like I can do it without a clinic and save some money.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #40  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Good Morning All!

I had been thinking about leaving my clinic and jumping on the alternative train. I am in the right mindset and I get so much information here. I thought earlier on this diet that I needed that person to answer to every week but I'm coming to realize that I answer to myself and the scale too.

For those that don't know, my clinic only has one coach and the girl I started with resigned a couple weeks ago. I like the new girl a lot, I just know she is one of those naturally thin people and she hasn't ever done IP (which my last coach did). I don't see what more information I could get from her that I can't get from everyone here. Plus, the EAS carb advantage shakes have better macros than the IP RTDs and are CHEAPER. Money is a major driving factor as well. I have Quest Chips coming out my ears.
Money is a huge factor. I've gone both ways and I am heading back to my clinic because I feel like I need the weekly meetings and weigh ins to get back on track and for accountability. But you can do this either way! Thanks for the tip on the EAS shakes, I have used the GNC GoLean shakes and have been very happy with them but I'm going to try the EAS shakes too. I will not buy IP RTD shakes, they're delicious but WAY too expensive for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Good morning iPeeps! Weigh in today after 2 weeks (traveled last week - stayed OP, but needed to bring more veggies). Down 8.4! Woo hoo! Can't believe I've lost 72 lbs in 18 weeks. I am so relieved to be tackling this!

Have a great day!
Rachael
72#'s is awesome. I remember hitting 70#'s lost and buying myself a nice watch to celebrate.

I hope everyone is doing well. I just scheduled an appointment for the next two Monday's with an IP coach at my local clinic. I'm about to place an order. Lots of drama at home lately. My wife of 16 years filed for divorce last Tuesday. We've been together for 19 years. I was devastated but now I am doing much better. Today is the first day in over a week that I have not cried. I need to re establish some short and long term goals and get myself back on IP and to GOAL!

Just took that watch out and put it back on!

Last edited by usmcvet; 09-18-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Oh, I just bought me a fancy new 14 cup food processor from Macys (instead of working with my little 3-cup one) and I plan on buying a few cauliflowers and doing the same with this. I thought about just ricing it down and freezing it in 2 cup increments. I didn't think about actually making the tortilla and then freezing them. Are you reheating them int he microwave?
I heat them in a frying pan just like I would a regular tortilla. The recipe I first read suggests doing it after baking to get a better flavor. I skip this step right after baking and put them straight in the freezer. Then when I want to eat them I put the still frozen tortillas into the frying pan as I start to cook my steak or chicken, cover with a lid for a minute to steam warm then make sure each side of all three gets a bit of time in direct contact with the pan to toast a bit.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #42  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I heat them in a frying pan just like I would a regular tortilla. The recipe I first read suggests doing it after baking to get a better flavor. I skip this step right after baking and put them straight in the freezer. Then when I want to eat them I put the still frozen tortillas into the frying pan as I start to cook my steak or chicken, cover with a lid for a minute to steam warm then make sure each side of all three gets a bit of time in direct contact with the pan to toast a bit.
Thanks for the tip! I have a fresh whole head of cauli just waiting to be made into tortillas now that I know they'll freeze well!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 168/148.4/148

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Thanks, Liana. I knew it was something. I'm thinking about just checking in with my clinic and switching to Alts fully. I'm still in the right mindset about this diet and feel like I can do it without a clinic and save some money.
Kissi - my first time on IP I started with a coach & gradually transitioned to alternatives due to cost. I felt I was also mentally 'ready' to go at it alone although I did meet with her until I met goal. On this reboot I started on my own and have continued to do so - I think it is a decision everyone has to make dependent on their comfort level. I'm a more independent & less social person so the lack of a coach has not been detrimental to me once I made up my mind to get back on P1. That being said, some people like the accountability of that coach as a motivator. Good luck with your decision. The only thing I miss are the IP potato purée & the unrestricted crisps
Old 09-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeAvery View Post
Kissi - my first time on IP I started with a coach & gradually transitioned to alternatives due to cost. I felt I was also mentally 'ready' to go at it alone although I did meet with her until I met goal. On this reboot I started on my own and have continued to do so - I think it is a decision everyone has to make dependent on their comfort level. I'm a more independent & less social person so the lack of a coach has not been detrimental to me once I made up my mind to get back on P1. That being said, some people like the accountability of that coach as a motivator. Good luck with your decision. The only thing I miss are the IP potato purée & the unrestricted crisps
Thank you for your input. I may see if my coach wants to meet with me once a month as I won't be buying product from her but I did pay a startup fee when I first went to the clinic. I do feel like I can do it on my own and with the help of this forum. Like I said, I still answer to myself and the scale!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #45  

Default Another interesting WebMed article

More stuff you didn't know you wanted to know, lol.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20140...rs-blood-sugar

"Reviewed by Hansa D. Bhargava, MD

Editor's note: This story was updated on Sept. 18, 2014.

Sept. 17, 2014 -- If you’re one of the millions of Americans for whom diet sodas and artificially sweetened desserts play leading roles in efforts to shed pounds and help prevent long-term diseases like diabetes, new research might give you pause.

The work, done with mice and humans, suggests that artificial sweeteners could raise your blood sugar levels more than if you indulged in sugar-sweetened sodas and desserts.

Blame it on the bugs in your gut, scientists say. They found that saccharin (a.k.a. Sweet‘N Low), sucralose (a.k.a. Splenda) and aspartame (a.k.a. NutraSweet and Equal) raised blood sugar levels by dramatically changing the makeup of the gut microorganisms, mainly bacteria, that are in the intestines and help with nutrition and the immune system. There are trillions of them -- many times more than the cells of the body -- and they account for roughly 4 pounds of your body weight.

Scientists in recent years have focused more and more on the link between the gut microorganisms and health...."

Liana
Closed Thread