Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:27 PM   #16  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Thenewme...chicken needs to be skinless, but on the p1 sheet (link in first post) it doesn't specify breast. I use the whole chicken.
Not sure about broth...it must be pretty close to 0/0/0 ...or you could make your own from measured ingredients & count it in as part of your daily amount of veg or meat.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
Scorbett...the bags for each day sound like a great idea!
I'm thinking that lettuce wraps while driving sounds messy ( I can picture myself covered in bits by the time I arrived). Could you swap and do dinner at lunch sometimes on Tuesdays (and have a bar + veggies in the car at dinner time?) or maybe do a dinner of lean ham or chicken slices around dill pickles....or lean ham cubes + veggies sticks? I do a lot of meals on the road...both on planes & driving & these work well for me....
Yeah that occurred to me too - I could very easily do my big meal at work though I think that will mean taking a late lunch so I'm not famished by the time class gets out. I'm thinking that if I do it that way, and save a restricted bar and bag of raw veggies for classtime, I can probably make it work! At least it's only one day a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
Question?
Is broth(any type) and chicken other than breast allowed on P1? I’ve seen ppl speak about cooking with broth and eating other parts of the chicken besides the breast.
The College Inn Fat Free Lower Sodium broths were the only ones I could find that were low enough in calories (5 cal per 1 cup) and fat free so that it wouldn't add much to my day - it's what I used in the winter when I made a veggie soup for lunch. It's not "officially" allowed, but when you review the nutritional values it's not going to have a huge effect for most people. There are always those that are super-sensitive but for most it's ok as long as you don't treat it like water and still watch your portions.

As far as other parts of chicken, just be aware that other cuts of chicken (ie. chicken thighs) are fattier. The officially allowed cuts of meat are very lean. I didn't see any negative effects from eating thighs instead of breast, but then I also only ate a dinner with thighs maybe once every few weeks.

As
Old 08-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/147/145

Height: 5'8.5"

newme broth is fine as long as it is pure with no sugar.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Woman View Post
newme broth is fine as long as it is pure with no sugar.
Anything not on protocol has to be 0 carbs/0 fat/ 0 sugars. You have to be careful with broth as they can either contain fat, or use fillers that add carbs. Always check the labels
Old 08-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

NSV I'm wearing a pair of size 16 jeans and a large shirt that I haven't fit in for five years!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #21  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The College Inn Fat Free Lower Sodium broths were the only ones I could find that were low enough in calories (5 cal per 1 cup) and fat free so that it wouldn't add much to my day - it's what I used in the winter when I made a veggie soup for lunch. It's not "officially" allowed, but when you review the nutritional values it's not going to have a huge effect for most people. There are always those that are super-sensitive but for most it's ok as long as you don't treat it like water and still watch your portions.
Any item that's not listed on the protocol sheet needs to be closely reviewed for 0/0/0 -- I use reduced sodium chicken broth (I pick College Inn, too) to cook some of my veggies -- the veggies absorb some broth, but I do not drink it or eat it like soup unless I am making a soup, and even then I am probably starting with IP soup and adding only a small amount along with water to increase the volume of the liquid. The quantity I actually ingest with veggies is small -- I am going for the flavor, to make up for using no butter or parmesan cheese as I did before IP.....
Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

Ran out of the house today without stopping to say hi.

I sold my brother a house (I am a Realtor hence the name) and he closed yesterday so we went up today to help him unpack. My nieces start school on Thursday and we worked hard to get their rooms set up so they have some normalcy before school starts. Their house sold quickly and they have been living with his in laws so they were all anxious to get in and set up.

Dinner was out, but I have that mastered now

Tomorrow I'm bringing up burgers and hot dogs for dinner and a huge salad.

Last edited by Sgrealtor1; 08-31-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #23  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hello IPers!

Very nice day we had here....hot but breezy at least (and we have air conditioning now!). Still getting my feet wet in Phase 3....and got excited while shopping at Sam's club today thinking about moving to Phase 4. I have already started making carb and fat meal ideas that I can flesh out further when I get there.

PishPosh.....I have used part/alternatives for most of my IP time, and I feel my losses were comparable to others with my amount of weight to lose. I also plan to use Quest Bars and maybe a few other alts in my maintenance and will not be buying any more IP products from my current coach. I do use EAS shakes now and then but would like to switch to a whey protein in the future since I want to minimize my use of soy.

Posting a great oatmeal pancake recipe in the P3 breakfast thread if anyone close to phasing off is interested (or for maintainers also....it was SUPER easy!).

Have a great Saturday night!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #24  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Any item that's not listed on the protocol sheet needs to be closely reviewed for 0/0/0 -- I use reduced sodium chicken broth (I pick College Inn, too) to cook some of my veggies -- the veggies absorb some broth, but I do not drink it or eat it like soup unless I am making a soup, and even then I am probably starting with IP soup and adding only a small amount along with water to increase the volume of the liquid. The quantity I actually ingest with veggies is small -- I am going for the flavor, to make up for using no butter or parmesan cheese as I did before IP.....
Exactly this is a reboot for me, and I'm thankful for all the things I learned the first time on IP that make the diet SO much more tolerable!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Tuesdays will be tough because I go straight from work to a class that starts at 5 and gets out at 10 without a long enough break for a meal. I have to come up with an evening meal that can be eaten while I'm driving to class...I'm thinking lettuce wraps and a baggie of raw veggies should do the trick, but we'll see how it goes [/QUOTE]

Romaine wrap with turkey and walden farms mayo and mustard!! Easy enough to eat and drive!
Old 08-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Tuesdays will be tough because I go straight from work to a class that starts at 5 and gets out at 10 without a long enough break for a meal. I have to come up with an evening meal that can be eaten while I'm driving to class...I'm thinking lettuce wraps and a baggie of raw veggies should do the trick, but we'll see how it goes

Romaine wrap with turkey and walden farms mayo and mustard!! Easy enough to eat and drive![/QUOTE]

I spend a lot of time in my car eating lunch on the run! I find that peppers slices and cucumbers slices work well. I do my chicken grilled ahead of time and cut into bite sized pieces.....put it all into a container with oil, vinegar and my salt....easy to eat and drive, just keep a napkin handy!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 PM   #27  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I've decided to start mixing in some alternative products with my IP food. I don't want to be dependent on IP food when I go into maintenance since I"ll probably be doing a P1 or P2 day here and there. Also, I'm starting to think about getting my finances in better shape and saving a lot more, more consistently, so anything I can cut down costs on will help. I ordered 12 bars from Quest to replace my restricteds for the next week and a half and I'm going to pick up some EAS shakes later.

I'm still going to be getting food from my clinic, but not quite as much. I'm kind of hoping they just won't notice, but not really sure what to say if it comes up. I don't know what they would do if I said I was using alternative products, though I know one coach there dismissed the idea of alternatives entirely and said her client who tried it started gaining. Not sure if I believe that and who knows if that particular client had the nutritional guidelines for IP-appropriate food. Anyway, I'll find out I guess!
I always bought extra boxes in the beginning so I tell my coach I'm still working thru it all. If they don't record your purchases, you should be able to get it past them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
Question?
Is broth(any type) and chicken other than breast allowed on P1? I’ve seen ppl speak about cooking with broth and eating other parts of the chicken besides the breast.
Chicken thighs are still lower than steak, I believe. I eat steak and thighs and lean ground beef regularly and I hVe been fine but you need to see how your body responds.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #28  

thanx everyone for the info....yall are GREAT!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

My Mashed Cauliflower turned out not so smashed! Hahah I really need to get a food processor. I think I had more on me then in the bowl
Old 08-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Romaine wrap with turkey and walden farms mayo and mustard!! Easy enough to eat and drive!
Yum! I love me a good lettuce wrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
I spend a lot of time in my car eating lunch on the run! I find that peppers slices and cucumbers slices work well. I do my chicken grilled ahead of time and cut into bite sized pieces.....put it all into a container with oil, vinegar and my salt....easy to eat and drive, just keep a napkin handy![/QUOTE]

Also a good idea! I forget to think "out of the box" when it comes to my big meal...doesn't always have to involve a knife and a fork

Quote:
My Mashed Cauliflower turned out not so smashed! Hahah I really need to get a food processor. I think I had more on me then in the bowl
Oh no! I never really managed to get the hang of mashed cauli....always seemed to be too pasty for my taste. I end up sticking with cauli rice instead.
Closed Thread