Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Nope. A regular packet.
I do two whole eggs to equal a restricted
thanks a bunch lisa
Old 08-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #62  

Default Wow...that souds super good!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
Had a NSV yesterday. Had to prepare all the food for a taco/burrito buffet for my son's birthday dinner. Spent 3 hours in the kitchen and didn't have a taste! I made some taco meat with just spices (not all "extras" that are in the ortega mix) for myself, used romaine lettuce leaves for shells and topped with homemade pico de gallo. Delish! To make it a little easier on myself, I put my food on the side counter so that when it was time to eat I didn't have to even look at all the things on the buffet that I wasn't having. The only comment about my plate from other guests was "that looks good". Ate my brownie while they ate birthday cake. Enjoyed the company and did not feel deprived about food!
How did you make your pico de gallo!? I really need to something for these dry lean meats...lol! I miss ketchup, mayo, and bbq sauce!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:54 PM   #63  

Just watched it on youtube! I will be making this due to it being IP friendly!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #64  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

There are recipes for pico de gallo all over the internet (and one in the New York Times Magazine today). Basically it is chopped tomato, onion (I use red and yellow), cilantro, jalapeņo and garlic. Mix it up, let it sit for 20 minutes in the fridge, and its ready to eat. You can play around with the amounts until you get it just the way you like it. Now that my tomato is limited, I up the onions.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
If you're using large eggs, 1 whole + 3 whites
Wouldn't that be too fatty to count as a packet?

1 whole egg is 71 calories, 45 calories from fat. WIth 3 egg whites it would be 119 calories, 48 cal from fat. It's over the less than 30% calories from fat that is consistent with IP packets. 3/4 cup of egg whites is 88 calories, less than 1 calorie from fat, and 19.5 g protein.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #66  

1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is similar to an IP omelet packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Wouldn't that be too fatty to count as a packet?

1 whole egg is 71 calories, 45 calories from fat. WIth 3 egg whites it would be 119 calories, 48 cal from fat. It's over the less than 30% calories from fat that is consistent with IP packets. 3/4 cup of egg whites is 88 calories, less than 1 calorie from fat, and 19.5 g protein.
An IP fine herb & cheese omelet packet has 140 calories with 4.5 g fat (45 cals from fat)

Based on SELF nurtirion stats
3 egg whites have 48 calories total with basically .3 g fat (less than one)
1 whole egg = 71 calories with 5 g fat

So, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is 119 calories and 5 g fat.
1 whole egg + 4 egg whites would be 135 cals with 5 g fat (Actually cals closer to the omelet)

What puts me at the 3 egg whites is the protein content. Adding the 4th egg white ramps the protein up higher than we need.

These stats are so similar to the omelet packet, they work for me, all the while eating REAL food, rather than dehydrated eggs.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-31-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #67  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
1 whole egg + 3 egg whites = an omelet packet

An IP fine herb & cheese omelet packet has 140 calories with 4.5 g fat (45 cals from fat)

Based on SELF nurtirion stats
3 egg whites have 48 calories total with basically .3 g fat (less than one)
1 whole egg = 71 calories with 5 g fat

So, 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites is 119 calories and 5 g fat.
1 whole egg + 4 egg whites would be 135 cals with 5 g fat (Actually cals closer to the omelet)

What puts me at the 3 egg whites is the protein content. Adding the 4th egg white ramps the protein up higher than we need.

These stats are so similar to the omelet packet, they work for me, all the while eating REAL food, rather than dehydrated eggs.
Gotcha! I was looking at the nutritional info from Self too, but I got hung up on the calories from fat in the egg. And this is why I love this forum
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Gotcha! I was looking at the nutritional info from Self too, but I got hung up on the calories from fat in the egg. And this is why I love this forum
Ya...there is the whole cal/carb/fat thing to compare all

You'll be back in the swing in no time!
It was second nature not so long ago.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #69  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Ruth Ann and scorbett for the encouragement. My family have gotten bad with the just gave a bite so I don't have them to keep me in check, but I'm the one accountable for the rest of my life so I need to take these last few weeks to confirm fir myself I can do it.

Jackie Gee - hunger is still going to happen even still in ketosis and you are right that so e products cause more cravings. I can't eat the oatmeal, but ketostix are not always reliable either. If it was an IP product, I doubt it would kick you out of ketosis.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:48 PM   #70  

Red face Sorry for asking about something so simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
There are recipes for pico de gallo all over the internet (and one in the New York Times Magazine today). Basically it is chopped tomato, onion (I use red and yellow), cilantro, jalapeņo and garlic. Mix it up, let it sit for 20 minutes in the fridge, and its ready to eat. You can play around with the amounts until you get it just the way you like it. Now that my tomato is limited, I up the onions.
Thanks for replying! It is super simple! I went to youtube and found the recipe. I feel really silly for asking after watching the video...lol!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #71  

has anyone here made homemade sauce(any type) that is IP friendly!? I'm on youtube but most call for ketchup, tomato sauce, or mayo. And I've tried the WF ranch...yuuuuuccck! The WF honey Dijon is okay put nothing I will buy again. I'm afraid of buying anything else WF. However, who has tried the WF mayo or tomato sauce? I really need some DRESSSSSIIINNNGGS or SAUUUUCCCCCEE!!!!...lol
Old 08-31-2014, 06:25 PM   #72  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
has anyone here made homemade sauce(any type) that is IP friendly!? I'm on youtube but most call Gingeretchup, tomato sauce, or mayo. And I've tried the WF ranch...yuuuuuccck! The WF honey Dijon is okay put nothing I will buy again. I'm afraid of buying anything else WF. However, who has tried the WF mayo or tomato sauce? I really need some DRESSSSSIIINNNGGS or SAUUUUCCCCCEE!!!!...lol
Ok, the WF BBQ is "ok"...not my fav but not terrible. I personally REALLY like WF Chipotle Ranch and like WF Asian Sesame Ginger and WF Bacon Ranch. BUT...i've made all kinds of sauces using these no-sugar condiments (just check labels):

Liquid smoke
franks hot sauce
spicy mustard
yellow mustard
Dijon mustard
soy sauce
apple cider vinegar
Lemon juice

A really easy dressing I make at a restaurant is a little evoo mixed with spicy mustard (I just carry some packets with me). Of course, combining spices/herbs with all these makes for some tasty treats!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #73  

Quote:
has anyone here made homemade sauce(any type) that is IP friendly!? I'm on youtube but most call for ketchup, tomato sauce, or mayo. And I've tried the WF ranch...yuuuuuccck! The WF honey Dijon is okay put nothing I will buy again. I'm afraid of buying anything else WF. However, who has tried the WF mayo or tomato sauce? I really need some DRESSSSSIIINNNGGS or SAUUUUCCCCCEE!!!!...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Ok, the WF BBQ is "ok"...not my fav but not terrible. I personally REALLY like WF Chipotle Ranch and like WF Asian Sesame Ginger and WF Bacon Ranch. BUT...i've made all kinds of sauces using these no-sugar condiments (just check labels):

A really easy dressing I make at a restaurant is a little evoo mixed with spicy mustard (I just carry some packets with me). Of course, combining spices/herbs with all these makes for some tasty treats!
I really like the chipotle mayo.
I'm not fond of any of the salad dressings and just tend to use salsa (on tomoato days) , the chipotle mayo, or mockamole for my dressings.
I think the BBQ sauce is pretty good (there are 3 kinds I believe). I use that as a salad dressing when I make a big bed of lettuce with meat on top.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-31-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post

Liquid smoke
franks hot sauce
spicy mustard
yellow mustard
Dijon mustard
soy sauce
apple cider vinegar
Lemon juice

thanks... for the info. I will be making pico. Not sure if i will be using lime because it is not on my list of allowed foods. I will just use lemon instead.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #75  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
You can make a red sauce by pureeing roasted red peppers and seasoning with italian spices and garlic. I found a homemade ketchup recipe at this website, but I think Heinz also makes a sugar free ketchup :
http://paleoleap.com/homemade-paleo-condiments/

Dressings -that's an easy one! Blend your EVOO, some Apple Cider Vinegar, and any blend of spices you like for dressings!
Closed Thread