Old 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

You are not extremely overweight to begin with so don't compare your losses to people who have much more to lose. Also the more you cheat a little the longer it will take to get past the cravings.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #17  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

My WI's vary. I've had two 'small' loss weeks on IP which can be deflating but I stick with the plan 100% and keep trucking through. I'm losing inches and my clothes are fitting better.

I wish we could all lose weight with a snap of the fingers, but it takes work and dedication and of course there is the 'mental' battle. I'm a little down today about my WI an only losing 1 lb this week but I think of the overall picture and the goal ahead and just keep trucking along.

Best of luck to you and your journey. Don't let the WI's get you too discouraged. The scale moving down any should be a motivating factor!
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I would say that is a pretty darn good weigh in.
Looking at your stats... I am in awe! You go! I can only dream...
Got2benow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
You are not extremely overweight to begin with so don't compare your losses to people who have much more to lose. Also the more you cheat a little the longer it will take to get past the cravings.
I know that's great advise...cheating is a constant temptation right now. I just have to get the monkey off my back!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #20  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
My WI's vary. I've had two 'small' loss weeks on IP which can be deflating but I stick with the plan 100% and keep trucking through. I'm losing inches and my clothes are fitting better.

I wish we could all lose weight with a snap of the fingers, but it takes work and dedication and of course there is the 'mental' battle. I'm a little down today about my WI an only losing 1 lb this week but I think of the overall picture and the goal ahead and just keep trucking along.

Best of luck to you and your journey. Don't let the WI's get you too discouraged. The scale moving down any should be a motivating factor!
Would it be great if it was as was as easy to take off as it is to put on? You are so right about the Mental battle...just overwhelming how self defeating it can make me. Thank you all for the encouragement, this board is great!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
Looking at your stats... I am in awe! You go! I can only dream...

You are going to get there. I never lost more than 3 pounds, and I think my first weigh in was 2 pounds with 4 inches. For awhile the inches were more than the weight and my coach said that for my muscle type and activity level it showed I was not getting enough protein in my diet.

This diet works and it is working for you, keep it up!
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:09 PM   #22  

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Use where you are now with a week behind you of revving up to push through a full week 100% on plan (dump the Atkins bars... In a week or so your tastes will start to change and things you aren't fond of now will taste good soon. You are responding to the high FAT content in those bars but they are not helping you break free!) Yes, you will have to muster ALL your willpower to get past the 3rd or 4th day moving forward, but YOU are so worth it. Once you get firmly in ketosis, you will feel so much better, cravings will subside, hunger will dissipate. It WILL get better and you CAN DO IT!

So...... WHAT exactly is wrong with 3.8 pounds in a week??? What other diet have you been on with above average results like that? You are already above average for IP (2-3 per week) so no idea why you are disappointed? Oh, wait... Is it because you are comparing your loss to someone else's? OOOPS! Don't do that. This is an individual journey with individual results. There are soooooo many things that determine how much and how fast you will lose, you just can't compare your loss to anyone else's.

NOW is the time to commit to being 100% on plan. Hang out on the Daily Chat for support. Read the 100% thread got inspiration. YOU GOT THIS!!

As I have read on here many times:
Being fat is hard.
Weight loss is hard.
Maintenance is hard.
Pick your hard!
Wow Laurie, I think I am going to print that out and read it again and again. Thank you SO much for the words of encouragement. Now I have to "pick my hard"!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicofox View Post
Every little bit of weight lost is an achievement towards your goal! 3.8 in a week is fabulous. When i first started my journey i tried to have those high numbers but the best goal really is 2lbs a week. Those weeks fly by.
To look at what you have achieved is certainly encouraging! That is wonderful, I can only imagine the dedication and determination it has taken. I guess I need a chill pill! 👌
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Would it be great if it was as was as easy to take off as it is to put on? You are so right about the Mental battle...just overwhelming how self defeating it can make me. Thank you all for the encouragement, this board is great!
Oh, the mental battle gets me too. Especially with slow losing weeks like this one. Once you get into a cycle and start seeing the weight come off, I just look at my before pic and take a pic of where I am now and think about the total weight loss I've achieved to this point to keep me going. 19 lbs in a month and a half is not too shabby.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
You are going to get there. I never lost more than 3 pounds, and I think my first weigh in was 2 pounds with 4 inches. For awhile the inches were more than the weight and my coach said that for my muscle type and activity level it showed I was not getting enough protein in my diet.

This diet works and it is working for you, keep it up!
I guess I truly was unrealistic in my expectations. I just saw so many great results on here ( I know, don't compare) and I gave up Soooo much food and was starving so I expected the scales to reflect my pain! Lol. Thank you...👍
Old 07-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #26  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I do not like IP bars. I do like Pure Protein peanut butter and it still complies with IP. The above responses are correct in saying that since you didn't completely follow the protocol the first week, your results will not 100% reflect what IP can do for you.

We have all had the sugar and cheat dreams at least once. Even in ketosis, your mind will play with you. You don't have to be hungry to have cravings so willpower still plays a huge part.

I think losing less weight could be harder. Less time to make some of the mental shifts and get comfortable with not indulging all the time. More weight to lose can mean bigger losses too which is motivation in itself.

Give yourself another week and try to be 100%. See how you feel then.
I will try the Pure Protein ASAP. How do you get that by your coach? I am so hungry right now I can barely stand it. All I have had is a RTD shake and water.
You too are doing awesome, so close to your goal! This site is full of many, many inspirational people!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #27  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I will try the Pure Protein ASAP. How do you get that by your coach? I am so hungry right now I can barely stand it. All I have had is a RTD shake and water.
You too are doing awesome, so close to your goal! This site is full of many, many inspirational people!
I don't eat bars very often so it wouldn't really show up in how much I was buying. In your journal you can just write bar. My coach has never checked my journal since I have consistently lost. My coach is also new and doesn't pay that close of attention. In my first few km this on IP I was buying 4-6 boxes a week so I would have variety. Now I order some protidiet on line and use some alternatives. When I don't buy 3 boxes I just say I am trying to use up all my extras from before. I eat the same 3-4 things all the time. I'm having to force myself to eat the extras I have since they cost so much.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #28  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopoopwrasse View Post
what helps me a lot is stuffing my face with lots of cooked veggies and a big salad before lunch and supper, then I hardly have any room left for anything else I'd be really happy to lose almost 4 pounds in one week Keep it up, eat more salad!
That's a good plan....I just need to learn to become a salad & veggie fan! Thank you...I am going to really try!!😍
Old 07-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I don't eat bars very often so it wouldn't really show up in how much I was buying. In your journal you can just write bar. My coach has never checked my journal since I have consistently lost. My coach is also new and doesn't pay that close of attention. In my first few km this on IP I was buying 4-6 boxes a week so I would have variety. Now I order some protidiet on line and use some alternatives. When I don't buy 3 boxes I just say I am trying to use up all my extras from before. I eat the same 3-4 things all the time. I'm having to force myself to eat the extras I have since they cost so much.
I have read some of the alternatives are really good and less money! Win, win!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
The first three days getting into ketosis are the worst. You will almost definitely be hungry. You will probably be tired and have a headache. You just have to summon all your mental strength and tough it through. You should start to feel better once your body adapts. Your have to limit yourself to foods that will allow it to do so otherwise you will never know if you are one of the many who feel very good (and not hungry) when in ketosis.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote