Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I had my annual physical today. For too many years now the nurse who has checked my vitals has had to use the bigger BP cuff and goes off to get a bigger gown before leaving me to change. Today, after 9 months of IP and 85 pounds lost, she used the regular cuff and never suggested getting me a different gown.

Even better, my doctor was so impressed with my slightly LOW blood pressure that she is reducing my bp medication by half. I have to go back in a few weeks to make sure the lower dose is ok, but I can't imagine why it won't be.

Congrats! That is a big victory.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #32  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
TXTW....did you lose 14 lbs this week??????? That is CRAZY and awesome!

It is quiet here. Today was my two-week visit to my IP coach. She is very nice, but I really don't receive any coaching that I don't get 100-fold on here. Anyway....my weigh-in went well today and I am now 9 pounds away to my goal! My weekly losses are slowing, which I knew they would....so I just have to work on patience because I'm not going to be dropping 3+ pounds a week.

I don't think my brain has caught up yet with my loss (I've heard people who've lost weight say that before but didn't understand it). I really think I could lose more than 10 more pounds, but I want to stick with my original goal for now and then decide.

My best news is that I just purchased a Groupon for a local gym just 2 minutes from my house! Today was the last day for the Groupon, so I feel very lucky I discovered it as it is a really good deal for 6 months only. It has FREE childcare (a must for me), a lap pool with family fun hours, a sauna, a whirpool, nautilus machines/cardio machines/free weights (of course), and a TON of group classes like pilates, zumba, yoga, watercardio, etc.

I am SUPER excited!!! I did make a plan with my coach just to start with stretching/muscle building type work-outs and stay away from cardio on P1.

I cannot believe how excited I am to start working out! I was very fit once upon a time, and felt so discouraged for the past 4 years with this extra weight.

Big mental hurdle is I finally weigh less than I have since before I got pregnant with my twins. So, it's less than I have weighed in practically 5 years!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wow, 9 lbs from goal-awesome! Can't wait until I can say that!!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #33  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintyst View Post
Feeling kind of defeated today I had blood work done for my thyroid because I had lost 25 pounds, good thing thyroid level was perfect, but my doctors comments were the thing that upset me. She asked how I had lost the weight and I told her IP. She then told me " you know when you start eating normal, you will gain it all back". So now I'm worried that after all the hard work I put in, I'm destined to fail. I still have 15 pounds I want to lose, which will take me at least 7 weeks, because I have averaged two pounds a week. Is it ok to go on to phase 2 and so forth before you hit goal and then go back to phase 1? Just wondering.
That was a pretty rotten thing to say. She's assuming you're not going to make any lasting changes to the way you eat. I will leave your questions to more experienced IP'ers- but don't let the idiots get you down. She should have been encouraging and supporting you, not telling you you're doomed.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #34  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I was reading the July Self magazine and on the last page they did a interview with a female soccer player, Alex Morgan. She has a quote there that resonates with me "What gets you to the next level is truly believing you deserve to be where you are". Less than 20lbs to go on my weight loss journey and eventually transitioning to the next level (phase) is heavy on my mind.
Making goal is huge and I have to say though she wasn't talking about dieting but, excelling at soccer and taking it to that level...man can be applied to anything. I think alot of us who have been on the dieting rollercoaster and have been heavy for a extended period of time feel that we are undeserving and we will always be heavy and not fit or thinner. I think in the deep crevices of our mind we feel less deserving for God only knows why.
Anywho....this quote resonated in me and just what I needed to read on my lunch break. I'm cutting it out and putting it in my purse, at my desk, on my fridge. I do deserve this...as do all of you, we just need to not forget it.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #35  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

WI today and I'm down 3.2 lbs! Yay!!
Total of 10 lbs since I started 3 weeks ago!
Old 07-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/174/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy to see so many great weigh ins! Great job!

I was down 1lb today. Have to just keep swimming

Just made cauliflower fried rice with shrimp and it was yummy! The last time I tried, it was an epic failure. Strange how that happens....
Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #37  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I don't want to give you medical advice as I'm no where near close to being a medial professional, but the things that did work for me to reduce the pain was taking omeprazol every day (generic prilosec) and bentyl to stop the spasms. Omeprazol is available OTC, but I think you have to have a script for bentyl. Maybe you could try to going to a free clinic or Patient First, not sure how those costs are for people paying out of pocket.
I take Zantac daily for acid reflux I wonder if it helps. Never thought of that.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #38  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
That was a pretty rotten thing to say. She's assuming you're not going to make any lasting changes to the way you eat. I will leave your questions to more experienced IP'ers- but don't let the idiots get you down. She should have been encouraging and supporting you, not telling you you're doomed.
I have to agree, that was a terrible thing for a doctor to say. Theynshould encourage anyone for putting in the effort to lose weight. I think I would have been really angry.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #39  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Baked Radish Chips
Ingredients:

• 10 radishes
• 1 tsp chili powder
• ½ tsp garlic salt
• ½ tsp paprika

Directions:
Thinly slice radishes. Steam in microwave for 5 minutes. Put in bowl with spices; stir
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, flip the chips, and bake for another 10 minutes. Don’t like spicy add other seasonings to taste.

Thank you very much, going to try this one tonight.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #40  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
Quiet in here today! Looks like everyone is getting a jump on the holiday weekend (or recovering from yesterday's holiday!)

First weigh in today- holy glycogen stores, Batman! I had similar results the first time around, so I am not really surprised. I know I released gallons of fluid, I suddenly have ankles and wrists again. Now, to make it through the holiday without any damage.
WOW congrats
Old 07-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #41  
Started IP 6/25/14

S/C/G: 309/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Default WI 1 and BBQ Sauce

I had my first weigh in today and lost 9lbs - YAY! My husband also accidentally invented a delicious BBQ sauce for me that is completely OP so I had BBQ brisket for dinner and it feels like I'm not dieting at all after that meal! I saw lots of good news from weigh-ins today (congrats) and was so sorry to hear those discouraging words from a doctor no less! Mcintyst, that was a lousy thing for a doctor to say!

Here is my accidental BBQ sauce -- I loved it, but it's spicy, so if you don't like spicy you won't like this.

2 TBSP WF Blueberry Jelly (I know, I know, stay with me)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 TSP garlic powder
1 tsp - 2 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
1 tsp Chipotle Tabasco

all ingredients are to taste...

Microwave for about 20 seconds and enjoy!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Literari View Post
I had my first weigh in today and lost 9lbs - YAY! My husband also accidentally invented a delicious BBQ sauce for me that is completely OP so I had BBQ brisket for dinner and it feels like I'm not dieting at all after that meal! I saw lots of good news from weigh-ins today (congrats) and was so sorry to hear those discouraging words from a doctor no less! Mcintyst, that was a lousy thing for a doctor to say!

Here is my accidental BBQ sauce -- I loved it, but it's spicy, so if you don't like spicy you won't like this.

2 TBSP WF Blueberry Jelly (I know, I know, stay with me)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 TSP garlic powder
1 tsp - 2 tsp Franks Hot Sauce
1 tsp Chipotle Tabasco

all ingredients are to taste...

Microwave for about 20 seconds and enjoy!
Sounds yummy! Will have to try this one for hubby and me. Thanks and keep the accidents coming.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Feeling kind of defeated today I had blood work done for my thyroid because I had lost 25 pounds, good thing thyroid level was perfect, but my doctors comments were the thing that upset me. She asked how I had lost the weight and I told her IP. She then told me " you know when you start eating normal, you will gain it all back".
You should have said, "If by 'normal' you mean eating like I used to when I was fat, then yes, but IP teaches me not to eat that way, that it's not really 'normal' for slim & healthy persons to eat like that."
What an *** that doc is. The whole point of this diet is to teach us a new way of eating healthily and NOT going back to old habits after we lose. Don't freak out - you will do fine. Good for you, your thyroid levels are perfect.
Liana
Old 07-02-2014, 11:15 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 192/180

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the support. It makes me want to work harder to show her that I can lose it and keep it off
Old 07-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #45  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Thanks for the support. It makes me want to work harder to show her that I can lose it and keep it off
Great attitude, Mcintyst!! Sometimes our best supporters don't look like supporters at all, but challengers. Red flag waving - charge at those pounds & show your doc what you are made of - STRENGTH!!!
Closed Thread