Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 6/27/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM   #2  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Well, I knew that my string of great weigh-ins would eventually run dry.

This week I'm UP three pounds! Craziness! I suppose it must be a combination of the Big C, TOM, and my body finally catching on that I'm losing weight. I've been OP 100% all week, so I know it isn't real weigh gain.

Next week will probably be a good week. At least, this unwelcome gain will surely work itself out!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:24 AM   #3  

Mainemum
What a great attitude! You're totally on the right track mentally and physically.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  

Mainemum, what a great perspective! Next week will surely be a better one! Keep rocking your 100% ways!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Heading in for my maintenance weigh in. This week marks 3 months, and so far so good.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #6  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Alright Mainemum....keep your head up!

Happy Friday everyone! I have two last clients to see while my kiddos are at VBS....and then we get to go a waterpark this afternoon. Fun! I haven't gotten a new bathing suit yet, so I may yanking the thing up the whole time. I'm looking forward to feeling a little lighter in the water this time.

Busy few days means I haven't gotten my supplements and water in the way I need, committing to get back on track today! I can feel the extra bloat from retaining water....and it's driving me crazy!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #7  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning!

Mainemum- you have such a great attitude. You've got this!

I had a sample of protidiet white cheddar crisps in my drawer, I didn't feel like a sweet breakfast (usually do a shake) so I thought I would give them a spin. OMG, delish!! I thought they had to be restricted, they were so good, and was even more excited to find out that they are not. Definitely going to be ordering these next time, it's nice to have something salty and crunchy to snack on.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #8  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtw View Post
Good morning!

Mainemum- you have such a great attitude. You've got this!

I had a sample of protidiet white cheddar crisps in my drawer, I didn't feel like a sweet breakfast (usually do a shake) so I thought I would give them a spin. OMG, delish!! I thought they had to be restricted, they were so good, and was even more excited to find out that they are not. Definitely going to be ordering these next time, it's nice to have something salty and crunchy to snack on.
I love those things. I eat them everyday as a snack in the afternoon. I'm a chip lover so these satisfy the chip craving for me.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Great morning! On my way to my weigh in and after three very slow weeks, I think today will be a big loss.

But as we all know, those pounds are not the best validation of our efforts. What makes me smile today is me wearing a short bright fuchsia flowered skirt, bare, tan legs (one has have to look after them now that one shows them), tailored white knit shirt, Coach sandals......

Getting dressed in the morning takes me so much longer because I have so many choices now! I looked in the mirror and did not recognize the big smile or the flat stomach or the decreasing rear. I think today is the day I weigh in at -120, with 93 of that IP.

I have not felt this happy being alive for a while. Thank you, IP and all the people on this board!

Last edited by schenectady; 06-27-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #10  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Great morning! On my way to my weigh in and after three very slow weeks, I think today will be a big loss.

But as we all know, those pounds are not the best validation of our efforts. What makes me smile today is me wearing a short bright fuchsia flowered skirt, bare, tan legs (one has have to look after them now that one shows them), tailored white knit shirt, Coach sandals......

Getting dressed in the morning takes me so much longer because I have so many choices now! I looked in the mirror and did not recognize the big smile or the flat stomach or the decreasing rear. I think today is the day I weigh in at -120, with 93 of that IP.

I have not felt this happy being alive for a while. Thank you, IP and all the people on this board!
That is so awesome, and inspiring. I haven't been able to wear clothes I've liked in so long that I forget what it feels like. Thanks for the reminder, and congrats!!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #11  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

You sound like your looking absolutely cute! You have had great loss, indulge in the way you feel waking up instead of the scale. Great job on your loss. That is fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post

This week I'm UP three pounds! Craziness! I suppose it must be a combination of the Big C, TOM, and my body finally catching on that I'm losing weight. I've been OP 100% all week, so I know it isn't real weigh gain.

Next week will probably be a good week. At least, this unwelcome gain will surely work itself out!
hold your head up and be proud because you have stayed 100%. that in its self is a NSV. Great job mainmum.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post

That is a bummer but you are 100% correct - it most likely isn't real weight gain... Congrats on all your losses and I'm sure the scale will be kinder next week!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Today, I am FINALLY out of the 160's YAY...
Old 06-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I love those things. I eat them everyday as a snack in the afternoon. I'm a chip lover so these satisfy the chip craving for me.
I don't think my clinic has the crisps, just the ridges. I'm going to have to make a request that they buy some because I LOVE the ridges I just prefer something sweet for my restricted. I didn't even know they made them in crisps too.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #15  

Congratulations everyone! You continue to inspire. I started a week ago and I was so knowledgable from what I learned on this site, my coach was truly impressed. First weigh in this morning. Did well. I feel good. Got through a tough week of 7, count them, 7 parties. I can do this! Ope everyone has a terrific weekend.
Closed Thread