Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Today is the day! My first weigh in on IP. I have been weighing myself every morning since I started (which I can see is a bad idea) I couldn't help myself. It is neat when you see the scale go down but I do not like the anguish if it has not. Probably best to stay the course and put the scale away.

I was very surprised by myself this week. Many small victories at staying OP. I am very proud of myself. My boyfriend tells me that my stubbornness may actually pay off for once. =)

Wish me luck me luck on my first weigh in. Why did it have to be a 5pm tonight? ugh! After almost 2L of water today I am sure the scale will not be kind. Preparing myself so as not to be discourages. I told myself that I would give this 2 months.
I HATE late-day weigh-ins! But if you weigh the same time each week, this one will give you a good starting point (hopefully your initial WI was also at 5 pm).

I posted this info earlier. I bet it will be helpful to go in with the correct mindset:

It's amazing how much water weighs! A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, and a pint of water (16 ounces) weighs 1 pound or 1 kilogram). This means that if you drink 1-liter, you instantly gain 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) from the water!

This is exactly why it is so silly to weigh multiple times during the day.
Daily is okay, if you can handle the fluctuations. Just make sure you weigh at the same time each day (I usually do right after getting up and using the bathroom, before eating or drinking anything).

But rest assured, you ARE losing fat if you're staying OP!

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #17  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

June 9, 2014 - Monday Motivation

Do you ever think, “I don’t deserve credit until I reach my weight loss goals,”? If so, remind yourself that this is 100% NOT TRUE because all the small steps along the way are what add up to the big changes. If you’re not already, right this moment start giving yourself credit for all the positive steps you've taken. Pay attention to progress, not perfection.

My comment: Thank goodness I deserve credit for all the positive steps I've taken!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:43 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
Hope everyone had a nice weekend! I'm recovering from helping a friend with yard work at her office on Saturday. Might have overdone it in the heat and sun, but I was very glad to be able to help her out and spend time with her.
Got a really nice phone call last night telling me that my sermon yesterday really touched someone - it is always neat to hear that kind of feedback!

Here is what I am wondering about today: carb cycling. Not major crazy stuff, but just intentionally changing up carb amounts on different days. I feel certain that I saw someone on here saying something about it but can't for the life of me remember who it was. Does anyone have any insight into it, or experience with trying it while OP?
It's new territory for me to be so attuned to my body and what works best for it. I'm actually enjoying learning, when it's explained in a way I can understand it!
Simple answer: It is not part of the IP plan.

Longer answer: It might give some health benefits (especially for thyroid, especially for people with LOTS of weight to lose who will be OP for 6 months or more) to cycle off after about 12 weeks on. For example, perhaps a week of Phase 3 after 12 weeks on, but then straight back to P1, just to jump-start the thyroid again. After all I've learned about low-carb/low-cal stress on thyroid, it might be beneficial.

But to do it on a more regular basis, this is not part of Ideal Protein and wouldn't be recommended for remaining in ketosis. It would definitely slow weight loss.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala2therescue View Post
Today is the day! My first weigh in on IP. I have been weighing myself every morning since I started (which I can see is a bad idea) I couldn't help myself. It is neat when you see the scale go down but I do not like the anguish if it has not. Probably best to stay the course and put the scale away.

I was very surprised by myself this week. Many small victories at staying OP. I am very proud of myself. My boyfriend tells me that my stubbornness may actually pay off for once. =)

Wish me luck me luck on my first weigh in. Why did it have to be a 5pm tonight? ugh! After almost 2L of water today I am sure the scale will not be kind. Preparing myself so as not to be discourages. I told myself that I would give this 2 months.
I also do evening weigh-ins. I just stop drinking water a couple of hours beforehand so I have a little time to pass a lot of it out, and that seems to help. Then once the weigh-in is over, I'm back to gulping it down.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Dragged out a pair of size 12 jeans pants today but had been reluctant to wear them as they had the fake pocket flaps on the back - just where my pear figure does NOT need help.

Exacto knife and 5 minutes later they are gone and I am rocking a pair of yes, I'll say it again, size 12!

Now I do know that sizes vary widely but in my defense, there is a second pair of size 12 causal jeans in my closet that I can also wear. I have not fit into a size 12 since college but we will not go into how many years ago that might be.

You who are out there know who you are for the thank you....

Last edited by schenectady; 06-09-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default AWESOME!!! Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Dragged out a pair of size 12 jeans pants today but had been reluctant to wear them as they had the fake pocket flaps on the back - just where my pear figure does NOT need help.

Exacto knife and 5 minutes later they are gone and I am rocking a pair of yes, I'll say it again, size 12!

Now I do know that sizes vary widely but in my defense, there is a second pair of size 12 causal jeans in my closet that I can also wear. I have not fit into a size 12 since college but we will not go into how many years ago that might be.

You who are out there know who you are for the thank you....
Wow- that is awesome! I bet it feels great
Old 06-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Start of week 3 of IP alternative

Good morning,

Today is the start of my 3rd week. I had my weigh in today for last week and am down 2 more lbs. I am happy about that because from Jan - mid May I averaged 2 lbs a month just watching what I ate and such. I have seen on other posts that people loose a lot more, but I am not going to let myself compare myself to others...this is my own journey and everyone is unique I really LOVE having some nourishment every few hours - I think my body really likes it and responds with more energy and less brain fog. I have not done the protocol perfectly, but am not aiming at perfection here. I do not want to be critical of myself because I had a glass of wine or something. Looking forward to this week - moving into it with momentum and motivation.
Good luck this week everyone!

Week 1 -2.5 lbs
Week 2 -2.0 lbs
Old 06-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Morning gals! I am back from a wonderful 5 day vacation to Canmore (Kananaskis Rockies) and Calgary. We did some hiking and biking on trails in the Park, and strolling around the city & river valley. Didn't actually watch what I ate or drank but really wasn't crazy either, lol. I started off on day 1 writing everything down but couldn't be bothered after that . I will say that I didn't drink enough water - sheer laziness because there were lots of places to fill up the platypus bottles and our fancy hotel provided Eska natural spring mineral water for us too. Short story is: I weighed 133 when I left and now I weigh 132.5. So after all the gourmet Indian & Mexican food and the 4 diamond restaurant breakfasts I LOST a bit! Still in maintenance so that makes me a really happy gal!

Liana
Old 06-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #24  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Hello all. I am back at it again. Today is my first day OP for quite some time. I am afraid to say that I weigh more now than I ever have before- and I am TERRIFIED to get on the scale. I am hoping to work up the courage to do so tomorrow morning, so I can at least know my starting point.

I stepped on a couple weeks ago and cried. Literally, cried. The time is mine to be healthy. All the positive thoughts you can send my way are appreciated.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I brought up the carb cycling, but I am in maintenance. I would never think of doing something like that in P1-P3. You actually are cycling a bit with a fun day followed by a P1 day.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #26  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Hello all. I am back at it again. Today is my first day OP for quite some time. I am afraid to say that I weigh more now than I ever have before- and I am TERRIFIED to get on the scale. I am hoping to work up the courage to do so tomorrow morning, so I can at least know my starting point.

I stepped on a couple weeks ago and cried. Literally, cried. The time is mine to be healthy. All the positive thoughts you can send my way are appreciated.
Not only should you get your starting weight...make sure you get a picture! Think of it as just putting the starting points on your journey. You won't know how far you've come unless you'vr seen where you've been!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
...With pretty consistent accuracy I lose approximately 3.4lbs while I sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Well ladies (and gentlemen out there), I worked and dieted and stayed OP to get to this point. I am not yet at goal, but I had planned all along to be diet free on this trip. I hit my first major goal... under 200 although I only saw it briefly thanks to TOM I'm still calling it goal met. I am fully aware that when I get back from vacation I may have some weight to make up for, but I plan to eat more p3 this week. Not going buck wild, but this was my plan all along. Then when I return I will be going all alternatives as I am out of cash for IP... I hope to lose at least 30 more lbs by my birthday at the end of septemeber (although I may need to go for 40 since I will probably gain some weight this week). Off to enjoy my vacation!
AmberLS, I think it's hysterical that you know exactly how much water weight you lose overnight - the preciseness cracked me up! Don't go too crazy on vacation and have an awesome time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! I'm back after a 10-day trip to the beach. Through determination, small miracles, and a LOT of patience and support from my hubby and kids, I was able to stay 100% OP the whole time I was away, despite being surrounded by everything pre-IP Annie would have snarfed down in abundance. I am so so so happy that I made it. I feel like I can do ANYTHING now!
12Anniepoo, that is great news! I am going on vacation soon also, so really enjoying everyone's vacation posts and success stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Yay, I finally got my ticker! After several days of not budging, the scale finally moved down a bit over the weekend. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping to be down at least 6 pounds total (in two weeks).

I'm also celebrating a non-scale victory today. A month or two ago I bought a new dress for a work meeting. The dress fit, but after wearing it all day I decided it was really a little too snug and not quite comfortable yet. Well, I'm wearing that dress today and I'm happy to report it not only looks better on me than it did before, it definitely fits better too! As cute as it is, I'm looking forward to donating it once it's too big!
NotCoolEnough, congrats on your ticker, I look forward to seeing it! It's funny how there can be a sense of accomplishment on the forum, I felt the same way when I was able to get a signature. Totally relate to you on the dress, and even though you may have to donate it when it gets too big, that is a good problem to have!

Last edited by lycheetea; 06-09-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

12Anniepoo - that is an amazing accomplishment, way to go! I hope to be 90% successful when I am in Mexico for 4 days at the end of the month.

Schnenectady, on the size 12's. A great NSV. Keep it up.

Canadjineh- sounds like a lovely trip, I would love to go there some day. Congratulations on losing a bit while on holiday. I have read some of your posts in the maintainers thread, you seemed to have done a great job figuring this out. Congratulations.

I loved reading such positive posts for a Monday. I hope everyone has a great week.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #29  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Morning gals! I am back from a wonderful 5 day vacation to Canmore (Kananaskis Rockies) and Calgary. We did some hiking and biking on trails in the Park, and strolling around the city & river valley. Didn't actually watch what I ate or drank but really wasn't crazy either, lol. I started off on day 1 writing everything down but couldn't be bothered after that . I will say that I didn't drink enough water - sheer laziness because there were lots of places to fill up the platypus bottles and our fancy hotel provided Eska natural spring mineral water for us too. Short story is: I weighed 133 when I left and now I weigh 132.5. So after all the gourmet Indian & Mexican food and the 4 diamond restaurant breakfasts I LOST a bit! Still in maintenance so that makes me a really happy gal!

Liana
I love Canmore, can't wait to get back up that way some day. Nice job on maintaining, 1/2 pound gone on vacay sounds like a good deal to me!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I don't know what's wrong with me. I went from being extra hungry all the time to have no appetite at all and that's just not like me. Food doesn't even appeal to me. Yesterday I switched out my soup for lunch and had another ip shake and spinach then I forced myself to eat dinner. Today I had an ip shake with spinach for breakfast and lunch, haven't touched my snack. Maybe i'm coming down with something? I'm not complaining, this is just odd.
Closed Thread