Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #31  
Started IP 4/27/14

S/C/G: 195/170/160

Height: 5'9

So here is a question for the group...I have spent countless hours searching threads and going thru peoples posts, but I can't waste any more time trying to find this information... when you are in cycling out thru phase 2 and 3 are you supposed to continue taking all the vitamins? What about on Phase 4...when you are in maintenance? Are you supposed to go back to your regular multi vitamins? Just trying to figure out what I need to buy more of. I am starting phase 2 this Thursday!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #32  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I don't know what's wrong with me. I went from being extra hungry all the time to have no appetite at all and that's just not like me.
... and that is the beauty of IP! LOL... It's funny how few calories we eat and yet don't necessarily feel hungry. For those people not staying OP however, (me included at times) as soon as I have something "carby" I could eat a horse. I love the power of ketosis -- burning the fat without the cravings. Enjoy -- it may not last. Tomorrow you may be needing that extra egg white or pickle, or an early bed time to cut the hungries.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
... and that is the beauty of IP! LOL... It's funny how few calories we eat and yet don't necessarily feel hungry. For those people not staying OP however, (me included at times) as soon as I have something "carby" I could eat a horse. I love the power of ketosis -- burning the fat without the cravings. Enjoy -- it may not last. Tomorrow you may be needing that extra egg white or pickle, or an early bed time to cut the hungries.
I wish this could last forever!! Lol I had to make myself eat dinner!! That's just so not me!!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #34  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyo17 View Post
So here is a question for the group...I have spent countless hours searching threads and going thru peoples posts, but I can't waste any more time trying to find this information... when you are in cycling out thru phase 2 and 3 are you supposed to continue taking all the vitamins? What about on Phase 4...when you are in maintenance? Are you supposed to go back to your regular multi vitamins? Just trying to figure out what I need to buy more of. I am starting phase 2 this Thursday!
Phase 2 sheets are linked at the top of this thread. Looks like you will be using the same supplements as phase 1. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm still on phase 1.)
Old 06-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #35  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Alright, since I am rusty with IP and everything... What is a safe estimate as to pounds lost per week (average) for figuring out approximate duration of phase 1? 3 pounds? I know this varies from week to week and person to person, but I trying to get my head wrapped around this and have an approximate end date in mind.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Thank you!

Great quote and inspiration! Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
June 9, 2014 - Monday Motivation

Do you ever think, “I don’t deserve credit until I reach my weight loss goals,”? If so, remind yourself that this is 100% NOT TRUE because all the small steps along the way are what add up to the big changes. If you’re not already, right this moment start giving yourself credit for all the positive steps you've taken. Pay attention to progress, not perfection.

My comment: Thank goodness I deserve credit for all the positive steps I've taken!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Alright, since I am rusty with IP and everything... What is a safe estimate as to pounds lost per week (average) for figuring out approximate duration of phase 1? 3 pounds? I know this varies from week to week and person to person, but I trying to get my head wrapped around this and have an approximate end date in mind.
Officially IP used to say 3-7 lb average weight loss per week but that was misleading so they changed it. It probably DOES average out to that but usually you'll have the first 2 weeks be larger numbers. It really is impossible to say -- some people will lose 0.5 lbs, others 1-2 pounds.... as long as the scale is, in the long haul, heading down, that's the main thing for most of us. You could use 1-2 lbs a week as a fair guideline, but just be realistic that some weeks will be more, some less and don't stress if it isn't meeting your guidelines. We do have "challenges" from time to time -- to lose 25 pounds by Labor Day, or something, but those are for fun. A lot of people will post their weekly losses on their tickers, so just look as you're reading and you'll see peoples' success rates.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #38  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Hi all. I thought I'd just jump in and say I'm back. I'm finishing my restart week tonight, using alternative products again, and it's going well. I tried to restart many times in the last year and just didn't have the will power to make it past a couple days. Getting into ketoses really has made this restart lock in. I'm sure there are other factors as well but I won't bore you with it all.

I don't want to dwell on my 2013 year of gains. Let's just say I need this to be the way I eat, no end date/weight to let my guard down. I know how to lose the weight, I can do this. I'm here starting from where I am, going where I need to be to be healthy. It's great to see friends still here. I look forward to getting to know new folks as well. I am leaving my photos from goal before there to help me vision my goal. I will get a new ticker soon.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #39  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
My husband laughs whenever we eat out - he says I order the most expensive bowls of lettuce ever!

Seriously. it becomes second nature after a while. Ask questions (how is it cooked, is it marinated?), ask for exactly what you want (no oil. no butter, naked, steamed, dressing on the side). Rarely has the waiter been anything but anxious to help!
You can always use the "food allergies" line when eating out. I've used it and I figure it's true - certain foods make me break out in fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! I'm back after a 10-day trip to the beach. Through determination, small miracles, and a LOT of patience and support from my hubby and kids, I was able to stay 100% OP the whole time I was away, despite being surrounded by everything pre-IP Annie would have snarfed down in abundance. I am so so so happy that I made it. I feel like I can do ANYTHING now!
Welcome back and congrats on staying OP on vacation! What a great achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Yay, I finally got my ticker! After several days of not budging, the scale finally moved down a bit over the weekend. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow and I'm hoping to be down at least 6 pounds total (in two weeks).

I'm also celebrating a non-scale victory today. A month or two ago I bought a new dress for a work meeting. The dress fit, but after wearing it all day I decided it was really a little too snug and not quite comfortable yet. Well, I'm wearing that dress today and I'm happy to report it not only looks better on me than it did before, it definitely fits better too! As cute as it is, I'm looking forward to donating it once it's too big!
Yeah for clothes fitting! I love cleaning out my closet of too big clothes - gives me a thrill every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Dragged out a pair of size 12 jeans pants today but had been reluctant to wear them as they had the fake pocket flaps on the back - just where my pear figure does NOT need help.

Exacto knife and 5 minutes later they are gone and I am rocking a pair of yes, I'll say it again, size 12!
Excellent on the size 12s! And good work with the knife - where there's a will....

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Morning gals! I am back from a wonderful 5 day vacation to Canmore (Kananaskis Rockies) and Calgary.
Welcome back and so glad you had a good time!

Quote:
Hello all. I am back at it again. Today is my first day OP for quite some time. I am afraid to say that I weigh more now than I ever have before- and I am TERRIFIED to get on the scale. I am hoping to work up the courage to do so tomorrow morning, so I can at least know my starting point.

I stepped on a couple weeks ago and cried. Literally, cried. The time is mine to be healthy. All the positive thoughts you can send my way are appreciated.
Positive thoughts headed your way - you can do this! Good for you for getting back at it - it's hard to get started again, so you've made the hardest step already.

Quote:
I lost 10 pounds a month average over the course of a year but you really can't compare someone else's rate with yours - all of us have different bodies and different challenges. I know it's tempting to try to set a time limit, but your losses depend so much on your own physiology that doing so can set you up for a big disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi all. I thought I'd just jump in and say I'm back. I'm finishing my restart week tonight, using alternative products again, and it's going well. I tried to restart many times in the last year and just didn't have the will power to make it past a couple days. Getting into ketoses really has made this restart lock in. I'm sure there are other factors as well but I won't bore you with it all.

I don't want to dwell on my 2013 year of gains. Let's just say I need this to be the way I eat, no end date/weight to let my guard down. I know how to lose the weight, I can do this. I'm here starting from where I am, going where I need to be to be healthy. It's great to see friends still here. I look forward to getting to know new folks as well. I am leaving my photos from goal before there to help me vision my goal. I will get a new ticker soon.
Welcome back! Sorry you had such a rough time. But congrats on restarting - we're all rooting for you!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #40  
Started IP 6/3/2014

S/C/G: 202/181/140

First week WI was tonight and lost 6 lbs! I was worried this was not going to work. I have not felt hungry, quite the opposite! Some food has be not so good but I found several I really like. I am looking forward to week 2! One interesting thing, I feel warm for the last 3 days or so (no fever). In general i feel great, especially after the first 3 days, those were rough. Excited to be here and be inspired by all of you!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMama View Post
First week WI was tonight and lost 6 lbs! I was worried this was not going to work. I have not felt hungry, quite the opposite! Some food has be not so good but I found several I really like. I am looking forward to week 2! One interesting thing, I feel warm for the last 3 days or so (no fever). In general i feel great, especially after the first 3 days, those were rough. Excited to be here and be inspired by all of you!
Isn't it wonderful? Congrats!
I got the same heat on & off for a couple months.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #42  
Diane on track July 2014

I realized why I've been so active on this thread this week -- I'm supposed to be writing report cards and I'm procrastinating! I need some "tough love" myself... boot my butt back to work! My hubby always knows when it's report time as my cupboards all of a sudden get cleaned or something.

Yet another bad habit to work on! LOL.... OK... back to work I go...

I should be doing this... and this but all I feel like doing is this
Old 06-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I realized why I've been so active on this thread this week -- I'm supposed to be writing report cards and I'm procrastinating! I need some "tough love" myself... boot my butt back to work! My hubby always knows when it's report time as my cupboards all of a sudden get cleaned or something.

Yet another bad habit to work on! LOL.... OK... back to work I go...

I should be doing this... and this but all I feel like doing is this
My bathrooms are spotless or my "junk" drawer gets organized when I'm procrastinating...I hear ya. I have 3 IEPs to write tomorrow. But I'm going to the gym first!
Closed Thread