3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/29 - Sun 3/30/2014

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,017

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/29 - Sun 3/30/2014


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. Alternative products that will work on Phase 1
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 04:20 AM   #2
My own kind of beautiful
 
Deana509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 258

S/C/G: 334/See Ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default

Happy weekend everyone!
The first night this week that I don't have insomnia, and I groggily awake and cleaning because I have guests in the morning.....
I have to be awake and functioning in 4 hours to judge little kids science projects. Yay....
__________________


My blog

short term goal:


IP Starting date: September 13th, '13
SW: 334, Now: Officially over 100lbs lost!
Deana509 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
Started March '14
 
islandgirlwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 39

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default

Happy Weekend Wohoooo!

Last night was the first night since I started (its been a week Thursday) that my stomach was growling I am eating all 4 IPs and my 8 oz of meat and 4 cups of veggies... Drinking all my water.... It shocked me cause I was feeling full all week. I did start my monthly.....but what da heck? I didn't cave but it damn near killed me! I am 5'4 and 288lbs ....ugh Hoping it doesn't happen again. Anyone else notice that happens when they are on their monthly?
islandgirlwannabe is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,580

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Deanna - wow you're doing great! Have fun at the science fair - I love those things, the kids are so inventive!

islandgirlwannabe - happens to most women around their TOM. Hang in there! Try some extra water, extra lettuce and hot decaf tea. It happened to me randomly the whole time I was losing and sometimes you just have to push through or go to bed early.
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 543

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,580

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.
Funny how just following the plan works so well isn't it?

How'd the show go?
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
kcdoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 195

S/C/G: 251/197/170

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.
I'm at the end of P2 week start P3 Monday. Going to see how maintenance works. I still have 10 to 20 to loose but I'm happy for now want to get to maintenance to see if this is real and forever.
Congrats on your loss and success!!!! Hoping I can report the same soon.
__________________


100% August through October, off IP till rebooted January 2 through March 31st. Phasing off to maintenance for a while to test the waters!!
kcdoe is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 AM   #8
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 626

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Oh my scale friend you are a funny thing. Consistently lost 0.2lbs each day then WHAM down 2lbs, it is funny how the body works. Although I have a good understanding of the diet I will never understand how right before bed I'm at my highest weight of the day (usually about 3lbs higher than my morning weight that day) then bam the next day I lose that 3lbs and 2 more while I sleep! LOL I like losing weight while I sleep! BUAHAHAHA
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
drd1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 543

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Funny how just following the plan works so well isn't it?

How'd the show go?
It is going well. We have two more shows and then strike. Then rest.
__________________
drd1961 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #10
IP Start Date: 3/27/14
 
dcs0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 128

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default

Good Morning! Today is the start of day 3 for me..hoping the hunger goes away soon. I find that I am fine during the first half of the day, but between 3-whenever I eat dinner I am ravenous. I do have a bar at 4:00 which helps a little bit. Yesterday I had a few cups of lettuce in the late afternoon and that helped some, too. I have a minor headache that kind of lingers throughout the day, but it's not too bad.
dcs0826 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #11
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 626

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/191.6/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Hope you guys don't mind hearing from me a lot this weekend. Gonna be a toughy lol. Between TOM, the father of my children being a jerk which resulted in me not letting him take the kids for the weekend, my boyfriend of 9 months leaving today for a different state, and my kids being so upset both because of their dad and because they loved my boyfriend I feel a challenging weekend coming on. On the bright side my oldest has another soccer game today and that always cheers me up, I love watching her play!
__________________
[





Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever - Gandhi
AmberLS is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #12
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25
 
ReenHag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.
Posts: 375

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Happy weekend, everyone!

It has been a rough week, both in terms of life in general and staying OP. I have started seeing a physical therapist for treatment of a pinched nerve. Between the meds my doc gave me and my first PT session, I am feeling some relief, but apparently my stress level is too high, and I am not letting my muscles relax. Hoping that spring break in two weeks will allow me to relax completely. I just cannot wait till this school year is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
Good Morning! Today is the start of day 3 for me..hoping the hunger goes away soon. I find that I am fine during the first half of the day, but between 3-whenever I eat dinner I am ravenous. I do have a bar at 4:00 which helps a little bit. Yesterday I had a few cups of lettuce in the late afternoon and that helped some, too. I have a minor headache that kind of lingers throughout the day, but it's not too bad.
I have experienced this a few times, and sometimes I do have my snack before dinner to curb it. Usually, we just eat dinner earlier. However, I have also found that it passes even if I do not eat. Strange. With regards to the headache, are you getting enough salt? Some members of the board recommend licking some right off your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Happy weekend everyone!
The first night this week that I don't have insomnia, and I groggily awake and cleaning because I have guests in the morning.....
I have to be awake and functioning in 4 hours to judge little kids science projects. Yay....
Sorry you are having sleep issues. I sure hope you get some rest tonight. You have had such great success- be sure to take care of yourself! Enjoy the science fair! It is so nice of you to serve as a judge and encourage those young ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Moving to P4 today. What is interesting is that this has been a tough week. With work, the show, my SI joint being jammed causing pain, my period started, when I went in to weigh yesterday my weight was up 2. My coach said, it is ok, just follow the plan. I did despite all of this. Today my morning weight showed my lowest weight ever.

She says "trust the plan". Ok, I will.
Congrats! Sorry about the tough week. Kudos to getting through it successfully and moving on to P4. I sure hope your pain subsides soon, too. Best of luck on maintaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Oh my scale friend you are a funny thing. Consistently lost 0.2lbs each day then WHAM down 2lbs, it is funny how the body works. Although I have a good understanding of the diet I will never understand how right before bed I'm at my highest weight of the day (usually about 3lbs higher than my morning weight that day) then bam the next day I lose that 3lbs and 2 more while I sleep! LOL I like losing weight while I sleep! BUAHAHAHA
Hooray for overnight fat-melting!

Have a super weekend, all!

~Renee
__________________
ReenHag is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
Started March '14
 
islandgirlwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 39

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Deanna - wow you're doing great! Have fun at the science fair - I love those things, the kids are so inventive!

islandgirlwannabe - happens to most women around their TOM. Hang in there! Try some extra water, extra lettuce and hot decaf tea. It happened to me randomly the whole time I was losing and sometimes you just have to push through or go to bed early.
Great advice Thank you Ruth Ann how much water do you take in per day? Ive been aiming for 3 liters
islandgirlwannabe is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #14
IP Start Date: 3/27/14
 
dcs0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 128

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Happy weekend, everyone!

It has been a rough week, both in terms of life in general and staying OP. I have started seeing a physical therapist for treatment of a pinched nerve. Between the meds my doc gave me and my first PT session, I am feeling some relief, but apparently my stress level is too high, and I am not letting my muscles relax. Hoping that spring break in two weeks will allow me to relax completely. I just cannot wait till this school year is over!



I have experienced this a few times, and sometimes I do have my snack before dinner to curb it. Usually, we just eat dinner earlier. However, I have also found that it passes even if I do not eat. Strange. With regards to the headache, are you getting enough salt? Some members of the board recommend licking some right off your hand.



Sorry you are having sleep issues. I sure hope you get some rest tonight. You have had such great success- be sure to take care of yourself! Enjoy the science fair! It is so nice of you to serve as a judge and encourage those young ones.



Congrats! Sorry about the tough week. Kudos to getting through it successfully and moving on to P4. I sure hope your pain subsides soon, too. Best of luck on maintaining!



Hooray for overnight fat-melting!

Have a super weekend, all!

~Renee
Yes, getting in all of my salt. I have thought about drinking some salt water, though.
dcs0826 is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,580

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
Great advice Thank you Ruth Ann how much water do you take in per day? Ive been aiming for 3 liters
I aim for 100 oz a day which is close to 3 liters. Sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. I've also noticed my allergies aren't as bad this year with all the water I'm drinking. An added a benefit!
__________________


Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn
Ruth Ann is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2