Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
WI #5 - Down 3.2!!! I look in the mirror and I see the difference. My tight clothes are now a bit loose. I went shopping in my closet this morning, but still not going down a size yet. That's ok. It's the downward part that I'm really excited about.
Congrats catlady1981
Old 03-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #47  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I spent years avoiding mirrors. I don't think I realized I was doing it until recently. Burying doing my hair in the morning, I don't think I would really look again. Well, I happened to catch my reflection yesterday and I had to do a double take. A NSV for sure - CHEEKBONES!! Woohoo!
That is an awesome NSV!

Quote:
WI #5 - Down 3.2!!! I look in the mirror and I see the difference. My tight clothes are now a bit loose. I went shopping in my closet this morning, but still not going down a size yet. That's ok. It's the downward part that I'm really excited about.
Congrats!

Quote:
I was reading a thing on Facebook today about a woman who did research into the top pizza places. Most of the top companies, Domino's, Papa John's, etc., would not release their ingredient list. But some that did, she found some pretty awful stuff in there. Incredible amounts of MSG, hidden sugars, very low quality meats. Not surprising that our reaction to pizza is to want more. Better off without it.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-yo...low-your-mind/
I will have to read this. I absolutely HATE chain pizza. If we ever get pizza, we go to a local shop. Yum!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Great job!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I just had a fantastic moment. I fit into and bought 4 different-size 10 clothing items including jeans. At first I was just grinning with happiness then when I got into the car, I cried. Just can not believe that 6 months ago, I was wearing an 18. I have not worn a size 10 for the past 20 years. I am so grateful for the change in my life and for the support of all of you.
Slipfree---Yahooooo!!!!! That is awesome and so inspiring!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #51  

OMG! What is with these cravings??? I've been doing great...no cravings, feeling good, and even energized a little. Now for the past 2 days, my cravings have kicked in and I am wiped out and kind of down. Not sure what's going on. I've been OP. Haven't had my TOM in 41 days. Not pregnant. I am usually very consistent at every 32 days.

Pauline
Old 03-29-2014, 04:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

I am almost through my second week and this has been the toughest day so far. It's a gloomy overcast and cold day and I am having a hard time fighting the cravings! Especially now that's it's getting closer to dinner time and I'm getting hungry. I was feeling low. So DH is going to grill steak for dinner!! Some fresh green beans and salad should make a very nice saturday night meal!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #53  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillybee123 View Post
So for a sweet I found this tea I love, absolutely love! It's Harney & Sons decaf hot cinnamon tea in the silk sachet! Somewhat pricey but oh so sweet and strong, 1 sachet makes a few cups. Needless to say, you must love cinnamon but if anyone's looking for something new def try it, I bought it on amazon.
I love that one, and I didn't know they had it in decaf! Try Tazo Sweet Cinnamon Spice -it is herbal, but sweet & spicy as well

Quote:
I was reading a thing on Facebook today about a woman who did research into the top pizza places. Most of the top companies, Domino's, Papa John's, etc., would not release their ingredient list. But some that did, she found some pretty awful stuff in there. Incredible amounts of MSG, hidden sugars, very low quality meats. Not surprising that our reaction to pizza is to want more. Better off without it.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-yo...low-your-mind/

*sob* On no -not pizza! I was thinking about getting pizza for DH & DD tonight, may have to rethink that one
Old 03-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #54  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

The Ninja Master Prep Pro has arrived -sooooooo much better at making smoothies than the old Oster! Have yet to try a lettuce smoothie, that is on tomorrow's agenda.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #55  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
My pain will only go away when I get both hips replaced. Right now I just work on pain management, chiropractic, and a cortisone shot very soon. My motivation for the weight loss was directly related to getting weight off my hips. They say there is a 1 to 3 weight relationship. 50 pounds is taking off 150 pounds of pressure off my joints.
I hear you! Most of my dad's side of the family have had a hip or knee replacement and at 43 I already have a hip that gives me pain on and off. Not wanting joint replacements too young has been a real motivator for me!

I'm sure losing the weight has made quite a difference for you! Interesting about the three to one ratio... that's a lot!

Last edited by Hiker88; 03-29-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #56  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Congrats Slipfree!! its truly amazing how far a person can go in a short amount of time on IP!! It makes me determined to phase off properly and follow the maintenance program... I was referring a friend of a friend to IP last night and sent her some of my before and 'now' pictures... wow... I sure don't want to see that 'before' when I look in the mirror EVER again!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #57  

Quote:
Congratulations - that is wonderful!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Slipfree---Yahooooo!!!!! That is awesome and so inspiring!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
Congrats Slipfree!! its truly amazing how far a person can go in a short amount of time on IP!! It makes me determined to phase off properly and follow the maintenance program... I was referring a friend of a friend to IP last night and sent her some of my before and 'now' pictures... wow... I sure don't want to see that 'before' when I look in the mirror EVER again!!!
Thank you both. I think it hit me because I really do not feel that different, but the size 10 made it very real. Hiker, I am completely with you about doing this right. I have extra motivation, because we have two family weddings in the next year. No way am I going to be the fat chick in the pictures!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

That's fabulous!!! What a great accomplishment for you!!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 202/161/130

Height: 5' 2"

I had an interesting Friday.....I was at the grocery store yesterday and I wasn't feeling well, but was trying to push through it. I was standing in the checkout line and started sweating and my head got dizzy and I just knew I was going to faint...and down I went. Embarrassing. I wasn't out for long, when I came around there was about 5 managers standing around me. They had a wheelchair and helped me in there. I had bought some water and they gave me that and ran to get me a protein bar. I was really shaky, and had only eaten about 1/2 my lunch. My husband came and took me to the ER and the only thing they determined was I had an ovarian cyst rupture, but they are unsure of why I fainted. Anyone else experience this?
Closed Thread