Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Good morning, everyone!

I've been OP for three week, sticking strictly to the protocol. Last night, around 1am, I woke up STARVING. I couldn't keep my mind off of it, couldn't go back to sleep, was experiencing actual physical hunger pangs. This is the first time I can EVER remember this happening to me. I tossed and turned until about 1:45am, when I finally got up and made myself a shake and a huge glass of water and then went back to bed. I slept like a baby until 9am.

Has anyone else had this happen? I feel like I should have tried to fight through it, and I did try just the water alone first, to see if it was thirst, but my body wanted protein. My eating yesterday was all completely on plan and within the Phase 1 guidelines.
Mulse...It appears your starting weight is in the range you should have been on more than 3 Packets a day...were you? If not, I would say the huger was real and just caught up to you.

I am at goal and in maintenance since August and not too active on the forum these days...so welcome!

When I was in P1, I was using all IP roducts except for occasional EAS ready to drinks. Because I need to be gluten free, I was not using restricted items...AT ALL. About once every week or two I would experience a day where I was famished. I believe those extra few calories in the restricteds that I was simply not getting, eventually added up to my body needing more....something. A few more calories war-cry shout out probably.... !!!My starting weight was within the guidelines for only 3 packets, I am short...4'10" and older..65 last August...... and definitely carb sensitive. So adding extra carbs did not seem a good idea for me, and I decided to add a few more bites of protein instead, after a pow wow with my coach.

By increasing animal protein by about 2 ounces that day (or the next if I could stand it to wait and see if things got better) that little bit would satisfy me and the feeling would be gone immediately.......and I was MUCH better in the following days with adding that little bump in daily calories. We (coach) did not want to add more carbs and I felt so much better immediately with the protein. Coach considered me to be 100% compliant with this tweak.

**As I got midway to goal...that problem went away. (No more extra bites!!)

My losses were consistent and averaged at about 2.7 lbs a week for the first 4+ months, then slowed down the later part of my journey (as expected). I reached goal in just under 7 months, with out a stall. (Had some very slow weeks of course...but would lose inches) So do not get discouraged..no matter what!!Best of luck. For what it's worth, I think what you were feeling was real if you have been 100%, and were not using 4 packets a day.

Last edited by 65X65; 03-23-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Mulse...It appears your starting weight is in the range you should have been on more than 3 Packets a day...were you? If not, I would say the huger was real and just caught up to you.
Thanks for replying. Interesting, because I have been using 4 packets a day (one for breakfast and lunch, a restricted at around 3:30pm, and then another just before bedtime). Yesterday, I only had 3 (two unrestricted and one restricted) because I was worried that I had eaten too many calories/carbs in my vegetables (I had a tomato in my salad). I also had regular salsa (2tbsp) because my WF was all out and I didn't realize it on time. So I thought by cutting out a packet for a day, I'd live. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it.

It's difficult not having a coach sometimes. Because of where I live (rural Canada) there are no clinics/coaches in the area, so I rely on these boards as a coach. This is definitely a question I'd have asked a coach
Old 03-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Thanks for replying. Interesting, because I have been using 4 packets a day (one for breakfast and lunch, a restricted at around 3:30pm, and then another just before bedtime). Yesterday, I only had 3 (two unrestricted and one restricted) because I was worried that I had eaten too many calories/carbs in my vegetables (I had a tomato in my salad). I also had regular salsa (2tbsp) because my WF was all out and I didn't realize it on time. So I thought by cutting out a packet for a day, I'd live. I never even thought about it until you mentioned it.

It's difficult not having a coach sometimes. Because of where I live (rural Canada) there are no clinics/coaches in the area, so I rely on these boards as a coach. This is definitely a question I'd have asked a coach
What you did was cut back protein because you thought you ate too many carbs. And you found out they weren't interchangeable.

I'm pretty careful with the occasional veggies & usually only eat them when I'm "out" if nothing else is available at the restaurant.

The extra salsa would have been fine for a one-time thing. Glad you found us! Lots of support in the daily chat and 100% thread!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What you did was cut back protein because you thought you ate too many carbs. And you found out they weren't interchangeable.

I'm pretty careful with the occasional veggies & usually only eat them when I'm "out" if nothing else is available at the restaurant.

The extra salsa would have been fine for a one-time thing. Glad you found us! Lots of support in the daily chat and 100% thread!
Ditto Lisa...and if nothing else...an additional provoking thought, for the "naysayers"...

Circumventing the plan does not work long term ...for (most of) us hijacking things either with too much or too little of anything is going to mess the balance of things up metabolically. It's good not to be hungry on this plan...THAT is really not worth playing around with!!!! Good luck Mulse...Glad I popped in today and saw your question. We are at opposite ends of the journey...and although my situation would appear "quite different" from yours... the effect of not enough had the same affect for both of us.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallysmommy View Post
I think you all can relate to this. I had a dream last night that I went to the cafeteria in the hospital where I work and bought a big piece of chocolate cake with icing. I was walking down the hall eating it when I realized with horror that it wasn't on IP, and I started crying because I was going to have to start over. Thankfully, it was only a dream!

Jeanne
Mine last night was popcorn with butter. When I got up, I had to check that the popcorn bowl was indeed in the cupboard and not the dishwasher! I'm not even that much of a popcorn eater!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #66  

Quote:
My plan this weekend (other than helping at a swim-a-thon and bringing kids to skating practice for the ice show), is to become creative again with the packets! I've got lots of recipes on my blog that I'm going to make (definitely having goddess soup and flatbread). But I don't want to get bored. So if anyone has recipes that they want me to try and review, let me know!
Thanks for the recipes and the reviews! I found them very helpful. I also like to change things up because I get very bored!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:30 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Hi all and happy weekend! Missed you yesterday! We picked up the puppy yesterday and whoa baby are puppies hard work. He's a doll though and even though I'm running on 5 hours sleep, he's totally worth it.

I didn't have time yesterday to weigh in, so I hopped on this morning. I'm down another 1.2, bringing me to 155.2....10 pounds down!! I don't know how realistic 135 will be for me but I'm going to continue on IP until I'm at least to 140 and/or size 4/6 comfortably.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll pop in again when I can. Oh, and here's Miles!
Attachment 45998
Attachment 45999
Great job sunflwr816! The puppy is sure cute! Our puppy is 6 months old and still a lot of work, lol!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:16 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I managed yet another gathering last night fairly unscathed. This was a fifth event that I had since starting IP. Went to cousins house for dinner, did not want to tell her anything about diet. I said that I cannot have alcohol because I am on antibiotics (oh well, did not want to explain why I am not having any wine) and gave up sweets for lent (lent is a good time for us that observe it to be on this diet). I had roasted chicken and salad, went slightly off plan and had some nuts, but no harm was done and scale was the same this morning as the day before. Visiting yet another set of friends next Saturday and I am sticking to the same excuse. By the time the dreaded May comes around (we have two events to attend each and every weekend for 6 weeks after Easter!) I will be a pro at this. LOL

Initially I found parties exhausting, they were such an exercise in will power, I am finding it easier as the time goes on. Seeing results so quickly is definitely keeping me motivated.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #69  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Wish me luck, going out to eat... this should be interesting.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Wish me luck, going out to eat... this should be interesting.
I hope it is just another meal you have pre-planned.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
I managed yet another gathering last night fairly unscathed. This was a fifth event that I had since starting IP. Went to cousins house for dinner, did not want to tell her anything about diet. I said that I cannot have alcohol because I am on antibiotics (oh well, did not want to explain why I am not having any wine) and gave up sweets for lent (lent is a good time for us that observe it to be on this diet). I had roasted chicken and salad, went slightly off plan and had some nuts, but no harm was done and scale was the same this morning as the day before. Visiting yet another set of friends next Saturday and I am sticking to the same excuse. By the time the dreaded May comes around (we have two events to attend each and every weekend for 6 weeks after Easter!) I will be a pro at this. LOL

Initially I found parties exhausting, they were such an exercise in will power, I am finding it easier as the time goes on. Seeing results so quickly is definitely keeping me motivated.
Congrats on your growing willpower!
Old 03-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

2 NSVs tonight: I'm another hole tighter on my belt (that's the last hole on this belt, too!) and, when I thought to check the tag on my (never worn, but have been in my closet for ... I don't know; a year at least) jeans, they were one size smaller than what I've been wearing. They were a little tight, but less tight than my other size had been when I started IP (meaning, I could zip them up without having to fight with them.)

Last edited by Fearciuil; 03-23-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #73  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

I go tomorrow for my consultation and to start IP. I have been reading the posts on this site for the past few weeks and feel prepared. I am so looking forward to starting this journey!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #74  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
2 NSVs tonight: I'm another hole tighter on my belt (that's the last hole on this belt, too!) and, when I thought to check the tag on my (never worn, but have been in my closet for ... I don't know; a year at least) jeans, they were one size smaller than what I've been wearing. They were a little tight, but less tight than my other size had been when I started IP (meaning, I could zip them up without having to fight with them.)
Congrats to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I go tomorrow for my consultation and to start IP. I have been reading the posts on this site for the past few weeks and feel prepared. I am so looking forward to starting this journey!
Welcome! And congrats on getting started!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #75  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Well made it through applebees, orders 7oz sirloin cooked with no oil or seasoning (although I'm not exactly sure that's what I got.) I had broccoli but I didn't eat it because it wasn't even cooked, just barely heated. I ordered a plain salad that ended up with croutons and cheese but I took both out, I probably looked hilarious shaking the cheese from my lettuce. Worst case scenario is that there was some oil on my steak I brought my own dressing. I think I did ok, I guess only time will tell. It was hard though, both my littlest daughters ordered really good food and of course the wings my boyfriend ordered smelled good. I think tomorrow I will have some buffalo chicken breast for dinner. Another success I do believe.
Closed Thread