Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Question about letting others know. How public do you plan to be about your weight loss and do you think it helps to be more public (Facebook, Instagram)? Right now only close friends and family know. I wonder if going more public would make me more accountable and easier to stay on plan.
I didn't tell anyone that I was doing this because there are so many people out there that don't quite understand that this is not a high protein/high fat diet that is unhealthy for you but actually is good for your pancreas and insulin system. I get tired of defending my actions. The proof is in the (IP) pudding. My friends can ask what I did after they notice my success and how good I feel.

That's just me, I am only accountable to me and don't need others' approval.
Something else may work better for you as long as you don't mind giving the same old explanations over & over, lol.

Liana
Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
H all and welcome! I am a returnee and "rebooting." that's getting back on the Ideal Protein Plan to lose some weight that you gained.

Runnergirl - I have hypothyroid but am on 2 medications for it (T3 - synthroid and T4, big long name.) It is important to be monitored and get medication if you need it. Same with blood sugar. I fought my doctor about going on Metformin for years. Finally, when I started seeng an endocrinologist, he said to go on the Metformin and put me on the second thyroid med. It has all helped me lose weight. It didn''t make it easy but made it less impossible- I guess lke a normal person. As for the IP diet - very good for both people with low thyroid (though I emphasize - get thee to the doctor) and high blood sugar. I found that the weeks I didn't loss weight, I was over eating. Are you weighing your protein? Measuring your salad dressing? Hang in there. it willl work if you stick with it!
Deelee - thank you for your words of wisdom!! unfortunately, I really fell off the wagon over the weekend. We were having company and I woke up Sunday morning with a craving of Rice Krispies of all things! I have felt pretty deprived on IP since Feb 3rd when I first started this lifestyle. Plus, I had a gain so I was feeling very deflated. Today is a new day and here's to a better week.
I love all the feedback and support from this forum - it is very encouraging and uplifting - thank you everyone for spuring us on and making this journey easier.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #18  

Hi All!

I lurked on this site last fall as I followed IP and lost 18 lbs in seven weeks. It was awesome! Then we went on a planned all-inclusive vacation around Thanksgiving ... and the holidays. Thru this, I ate consciously, tracked my food most of the time, and played around with other ways to lose weight (did a Standard Process Purification cleanse, followed Jorge Cruise's carb-cycling guidelines). The good news is I feel I've pretty successfully maintained since ending IP in November. The bad news is that the steady easy continued weight loss I'm aiming for hasn't happened. So ... armed with the large box full of packets I have leftover, I'm starting again and am looking forward to losing another 18-30 lbs!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I didn't tell anyone that I was doing this because there are so many people out there that don't quite understand that this is not a high protein/high fat diet that is unhealthy for you but actually is good for your pancreas and insulin system. I get tired of defending my actions. The proof is in the (IP) pudding. My friends can ask what I did after they notice my success and how good I feel.

That's just me, I am only accountable to me and don't need others' approval.
Something else may work better for you as long as you don't mind giving the same old explanations over & over, lol.

Liana
I just had my first consult and it is a lot of info to try to explain to people. I'm glad I was able to get so much great info from the forum before I went in.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpohani View Post
I started last Tuesday. I've been following to a T as my coach says first few days are hard to figure things out. I was in a rush for our first meeting and didn't get to ask a lot of questions. But I'm now on Day 5 and I'm really hungry today missing food. I'm hoping to see a reduction on Tuesday. I don't feel any weight loss so far at all. I'm 162 and hoping to get down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 in over 2 years and have put on aout 12 pounds since March or April when I gave up WW and just spiralled downwards emotionally. LOts of binge eating and way way too much. It is wierd how I don't crave wine whatsoever. Like its almost bizaare as I thought that would be my hardest part. I hear everyone has such amazing results. I hope I fall into that category too as I'm a really unstable yo yo dieter.
Hi! I started last Tuesday, too. I have my first WI tomorrow. I'm starting at 195 and hope to get down t 129. I've had a rough first week. At the beginning, I was sooooo hungry, achy, muscle cramps, etc! Then that subsided a bit, then I became emotional (like I could just cry for no reason), then achy again like I was getting the flu. It's Day 7 and I feel better today. Every day and each part of the day changes for me. But I try to read as much here as I can for advice and encouragement. It seems like being successful with IP is the norm...which gives me determination to make it through each day successfully sticking to the program 100%!

Good luck!
Pauline
Old 03-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #21  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Another newcomer here. I've been on IP for almost 4 weeks. At 3 weeks I was at 19.5 lbs down. I was doing and feeling amazing. Now I'm bored with my food and hungry and frustrated and feeling alone so thought I would connect here. I don't feel connected to my coach and nobody I know is on a diet. My husband tries to be so supportive as he eats everything I can't and he should be on the diet too!

Sorry, I really shouldn't come on for my first post and whine but I feel like I am about to quit even though I have never lost 20 lbs in less than a month before!

Weigh in 4 is on Thursday. If results are good it will help a lot!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.

Any one else out there restarting or rebooting?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #23  

I've be checking out the threads for quite awhile. . .doing research on several options. I kept coming back to Ideal Protein Diet. My husband and I decided to start on March 16th using alternative products and this forum for our support system.We have two teenage boys and therefore a limited budget, we just can't afford the actual IP products.

I'll tell you a little about my weight journey. I'm 5'10 and have been overweight since I hit puberty. My highest weight was in 2007, at 280 pounds. I went through a divorce and decided I didn't want to be fat anymore. I lost 110 pounds in about 18 months, by cutting fat/sugar and making healthier choices. For the most part, I kept it off, 20 pounds give or take until 2011, when my husband and I relocated to NC from FL.

I've steadily gained it all back, just in different areas and am now up to 260 pounds. My husband has also gained weight since the move. He's up to 360.We're tired of being fat and tired. Our house has stairs and we are both out of breath when we climb them. We both have some health issues, he has high blood pressure and insomnia. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. We need to get healthy to live better for ourselves and the boys.

We're excited to start our journey and share it with this great community.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone...

Just an invitation to everyone to also join in the Daily Chat thread. We would LOVE to see you post on there where everyone in the community comes together to learn and support one another. In addition to posting here with lots of Newbies, there is a lot to learn by asking questions, sharing victories and voicing frustrations with the larger community, especially those who have been on IP for awhile with great success.

WELCOME one and all!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/178/145

Height: 5'3

Hello fellow hotties! I just started last week. I know I ll be down when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm wondering? Is anyone else feeling too full!?

Last edited by Jethrohotfox; 03-10-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
Another newcomer here. I've been on IP for almost 4 weeks. At 3 weeks I was at 19.5 lbs down. I was doing and feeling amazing. Now I'm bored with my food and hungry and frustrated and feeling alone so thought I would connect here. I don't feel connected to my coach and nobody I know is on a diet. My husband tries to be so supportive as he eats everything I can't and he should be on the diet too!

Sorry, I really shouldn't come on for my first post and whine but I feel like I am about to quit even though I have never lost 20 lbs in less than a month before!

Hang on... Check around on the IP Daily Chat... I know there's a thread with recipes on it, and also look at the thread "What are you eating today, IPeeps?" for a bit of inspiration. Buy some whacko food like fennel that you may never have tried before and check out Allrecipes.com for how to prepare it. Don't just stick with the boring cut up raw veg. Stuff peppers with cauliflower and mushrooms with curry powder (a fave of my husband's) and bake them. Think outside of the box

Liana
Old 03-11-2014, 01:19 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrohotfox View Post
Hello fellow hotties! I just started last week. I know I ll be down when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'm wondering? Is anyone else feeling too full!?
You're probably not used to 4 cups of veg plus as much lettuce as you want, lol.

Liana
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #28  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrohotfox View Post
I am SO full after dinner, it's crazy! I only eat a 6 oz. portion of protein (I eat 2 oz. of my protein at lunch), and I'm still full! I am definitely not used to eating this many veggies... I'm not a veggie person to begin with, but I am learning to like them. I actually like the taste of roasted cauliflower, and that's what I typically have for dinner with my protein (chicken, ground turkey, or shrimp).

Good luck to you!
Old 03-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #29  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default OK to whine here

Quote:

Hey, whine here anytime you need to! Check out the Daily Chat and some threads with recipes.

I didn't know about 3FC when I started IP, was nauseous with head ache. Wish I'd known it was as easy as adding salt to diet to get me on track.
Keep coming back...
Old 03-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 156/148/111

Height: 5'0"

Quote:

ChipnDip: I too feel the same as you - I feel bored and in fact this past weekend I fell off the wagon BIG TIME! I just wanted to eat something different and of course, went for cereal, bread and pasta!! (Not at the same time lol) I lost 8lbs in the month of Feb (it's pretty low weight loss but I'm hypothryoid, post menopause and on HRT so weight loss is VERY slow for me) but then I stepped on the scale last week and was up 2lbs. Since then I have put my scale away and I'm just going to follow this plan without the ball and chain! I'm following the principles of IP without buying the products. It is just not in my budget at this stage of my life to pay for the products.
Don't give up - we're here to support you along your journey! Here's to a great week ahead!
Closed Thread