Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Just came back from my WI. I lost 3.8 pounds this week, which feels pretty darn good. Lost a few inches, an inch from my hips, but not a lot there...the new coach still measures kind of weird. At least compared to before. Also, she did say that for sure I can't buy individual packets anymore. Kind of bummed about that since I've been doing it all along. I don't want to eat the same 3 things everyday, so I ended up buying 5 boxes (especially with traveling this week). I'll continue to buy extras to "stock up" and allow for some variety. She did say that I could bring in extra packets I don't want and trade for individual ones she has...which is A LOT. Crazy that you just can't do it that way. Create your own menu each week. I get the whole "FDA" thing, just annoying. Oh...and she did order the BBQ Soy Crisps and they are supposed to be in later today, so I'll go back and get those when they're in. Funny...she knew nothing about them when I asked her this week, but all of a sudden she has them coming.

Anyway...doing a happy dance since I busted through the "20 pound lost" mark after hovering around it for the last few weeks.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!
Congrats on the loss!!!!

I do not have a center but buying the stuff boxes at a times is a little odd. If you buy something and don't like it you are stuck- unless you can trade with another IPer at the center or here on line
Old 02-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #47  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Congrats on the loss!!!!

I do not have a center but buying the stuff boxes at a times is a little odd. If you buy something and don't like it you are stuck- unless you can trade with another IPer at the center or here on line
Well, if I don't like something or end up with more than I want of anything, I can take the packets in and trade them for other packets that she has there. I know odd...but she said it's part of the FDA Regulation that they aren't marked for individual sale so they aren't allowed. She checked with the Chiro there, the regional director and then someone even above them and they all said that it's not to be done. Oh well. I'll figure it out...just will have to buy lots to stock up. I bought a box of the pineapple/banana drink mix to take on my trip, but I prefer to "eat" my meals instead of just drink them. So, if after my trip I have 3 or 4 left and don't want them, I'll just take them in and get some other things. Or keep them for a later trip.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #48  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

My clinic only sells whole boxes (except when you sign up you get a sample bag).

The clinic my friend works at in GA (she also went there before she worked there as a client) only sells entire boxes.

I haven't asked about trading in, but I am very skeptical about trying new ones if I haven't tried them because like you said, you're stuck with a box and let's face it $30/box (that is what I pay) is too much to get stuck with something you don't like and won't use.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Well, if I don't like something or end up with more than I want of anything, I can take the packets in and trade them for other packets that she has there. I know odd...but she said it's part of the FDA Regulation that they aren't marked for individual sale so they aren't allowed. She checked with the Chiro there, the regional director and then someone even above them and they all said that it's not to be done. Oh well. I'll figure it out...just will have to buy lots to stock up. I bought a box of the pineapple/banana drink mix to take on my trip, but I prefer to "eat" my meals instead of just drink them. So, if after my trip I have 3 or 4 left and don't want them, I'll just take them in and get some other things. Or keep them for a later trip.
Start a "swap" meet with fellow IPers in the area! So those who get stuck with stuff they do not like maybe able to trade with some one who likes it!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi ALL,

I am starting to make myself crazy. Its a snow day, I usually would be baking all the bad stuff, organizing the pantry, and cooking all day. I have a crock pot cooking, made IP Potato rolls and pudding muffins and roasted and cut up a ton of veggies... It's only 3:30. I don't want to clean, day time tv stinks.... DH is working in our office. This is my first chance to be bored since joining and man to I want to eat. I recognize I am not even hungry but my mind thinks snowday= treat yourself. Any ideas?!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Hi ALL,

I am starting to make myself crazy. Its a snow day, I usually would be baking all the bad stuff, organizing the pantry, and cooking all day. I have a crock pot cooking, made IP Potato rolls and pudding muffins and roasted and cut up a ton of veggies... It's only 3:30. I don't want to clean, day time tv stinks.... DH is working in our office. This is my first chance to be bored since joining and man to I want to eat. I recognize I am not even hungry but my mind thinks snowday= treat yourself. Any ideas?!
Chew Gum?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPMaryD View Post
Hi ALL,

Drink a big cup of your favourite herb tea? Write out your goals and rewards along your weight loss journey? Just a couple suggestions, hope it helps you! It always helps me!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:59 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Thanks!! I will start writing, I hadn't thought of that!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #54  
Started IP 12/26/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Start a "swap" meet with fellow IPers in the area! So those who get stuck with stuff they do not like maybe able to trade with some one who likes it!
I can swap at my clinic for other packets. I can't BUY individual packets, I must get a whole box. But if I don't like something or have too many of one kind, I can SWAP for individuals. I'm just used to buying 21 packets when I go in, not 3 boxes. She has quite the stash of individual packets though. So, if I don't want 3 of my drink packets after this next week, I can take those 3 in and pick 3 other things out of her swap box. Just an adjustment.

Are those of you in the US at other clinics allowed to buy individual packets, or just boxes.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

My clinic has this big set up of drawers that are labeled puddings, bars, crisps, drinks, etc. I think they have enough client base to do this though. They've always done it this way. You can buy the boxes but I think they think it's normal to mix and match. You can bring them anypackets, even if you didn't buy them from them originally (as long as they are not expired). I have friends/family that give me packets bc they quit so i'll run by my clinic and exchange for things I like.... seems to be one of the few clinics run this way...
Old 02-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #56  
Started IP 12/26/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
My clinic has this big set up of drawers that are labeled puddings, bars, crisps, drinks, etc. I think they have enough client base to do this though. They've always done it this way. You can buy the boxes but I think they think it's normal to mix and match. You can bring them anypackets, even if you didn't buy them from them originally (as long as they are not expired). I have friends/family that give me packets bc they quit so i'll run by my clinic and exchange for things I like.... seems to be one of the few clinics run this way...

That's the way it should be. I know of other clinics that do it that way. May need to find a different clinic nearby if it ends up bugging me too much. This one is the closest. Probably not going to be that big of a deal...just bummed that it was switched.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

I would check it out. Im looking at another clinic for coaching reasons. I know they mix and match, not sure about the returning process.

Last edited by ems70508; 02-13-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 142/126.6/120

Is there any truth to blending our IP drinks in a blender/bullet destroys the protein... I recently read that somewhere .... I love adding spinach and a splash of lime juice with some IP sea salt to the Mango IP drink... but I won't continue to do this if I'm destroying the protein?!? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

My clinic also sells individual packets and lets you trade... Truly a wonderful thing for the clients!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgg64 View Post
Is there any truth to blending our IP drinks in a blender/bullet destroys the protein... I recently read that somewhere .... I love adding spinach and a splash of lime juice with some IP sea salt to the Mango IP drink... but I won't continue to do this if I'm destroying the protein?!? Thanks in advance.
Lots of well respected clinics post recipes to blend and IP has videos about blending. I think it is bunk
Closed Thread