Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #451  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I found that MFP was very helpful when plugging in foods to determine the total calories, fat, protein, etc...for P3 breakfasts. I played around with it a lot! I enjoyed a couple of breakfasts that seemed to work well for me. Like Lisa I got really full on my first P3 breakfast and realized I had to figure out something less filling, rather than forcing myself to eat to the point I felt uncomfortable.
Hi dak1lls - I haven't been eating the full 400-500 calories for my first 2 days of Phase 3. I'm getting the carb/protein/dairy/fruit/fat in but my calories are more like 330ish. I just don't think I can fit any more food than that right now. I feel good and have more energy but I'm having a bit of a bloated feeling and a touch of the big C. Did this happen to you when you first started Phase 3? I'm trying to not step on the scale every day because I'm scared of seeing a gain!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #452  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Good evening

Just wanted to say that this group is fantastic! Although my journey has just begun, I feel like I can make it to the end while staying OP 100%. I've NEVER lasted this long with any diet before, but then I've never been able to tap into the wisdom of so many people walking the same path before either!

Now I'm going to kick back with my feet up for awhile and see what other wisdom I can gain from the boards.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Good evening

Just wanted to say that this group is fantastic! Although my journey has just begun, I feel like I can make it to the end while staying OP 100%. I've NEVER lasted this long with any diet before, but then I've never been able to tap into the wisdom of so many people walking the same path before either!

Now I'm going to kick back with my feet up for awhile and see what other wisdom I can gain from the boards.
I feel the same way TurtleMom!!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning...being % OP for an entire week!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! I, too, have never lasted this long on any diet...well, for me I can barely make it through the first day. I feel like there is hope. If you asked me the night before I started, I was afraid of being hopeful because I am so sick of this weight and have attempted soooo many diets. But I just read a lot and learn!

Good luck!
Pauline
Old 03-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
Good evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
I feel the same way TurtleMom!!! I have my first weigh in tomorrow morning...being % OP for an entire week!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! I, too, have never lasted this long on any diet...well, for me I can barely make it through the first day. I feel like there is hope. If you asked me the night before I started, I was afraid of being hopeful because I am so sick of this weight and have attempted soooo many diets. But I just read a lot and learn!

Good luck!
Pauline
Welcome ladies!

We're glad to have you here!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Hi dak1lls - I haven't been eating the full 400-500 calories for my first 2 days of Phase 3. I'm getting the carb/protein/dairy/fruit/fat in but my calories are more like 330ish. I just don't think I can fit any more food than that right now. I feel good and have more energy but I'm having a bit of a bloated feeling and a touch of the big C. Did this happen to you when you first started Phase 3? I'm trying to not step on the scale every day because I'm scared of seeing a gain!
Maybe add some fat, like cream cheese that would get you a bit more calories. I was told that to try and get to 400. That is some days are under, that is fine, but to not make it a habit. Make sure you are still getting your lettuce salads in to help with the big C.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #456  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Maybe add some fat, like cream cheese that would get you a bit more calories. I was told that to try and get to 400. That is some days are under, that is fine, but to not make it a habit. Make sure you are still getting your lettuce salads in to help with the big C.
Thanks for the feedback drd! I will eat some almond butter tomorrow for some added fat/calories. How are you feeling on phase 3?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:36 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

OK.

Help? I need some strategies.

A combination of a couple of things at work, feeling totally overwhelmed by the veggie requirement on Phase 1 (today was Day 7, and so far, I've been 100% OP), and an impending return of what one of my friends refers to as Shark Week (yes, I'm a woman) has me feeling more stressed than I have for quite some time. What can I do to stay OP? I desperately want this to work, as efficiently as possible.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #458  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
OK.

Help? I need some strategies.

A combination of a couple of things at work, feeling totally overwhelmed by the veggie requirement on Phase 1 (today was Day 7, and so far, I've been 100% OP), and an impending return of what one of my friends refers to as Shark Week (yes, I'm a woman) has me feeling more stressed than I have for quite some time. What can I do to stay OP? I desperately want this to work, as efficiently as possible.
This is what helped me with the veggie requirement: roast them! I was able to do a few days at once, plus they shrink down so the volume isn't so overwhelming. Also I like the texture combination with meat. As far as Shark Week, I hit mine right in time for my 1st WI. I drank A LOT of lemon water & I didn't feel as bloated as I usually do. Just what you wanted to hear as a teacher -drink even MORE water! I didn't have any cravings, just general crabiness about not being able to eat what my family was eating. I treated myself like I would my students and told myself "Yes, you COULD eat pasta with your shrimp, but there will be consequences. Instead you may have hot tea or some lettuce -which works best for you?" (All done in a firm yet loving voice, naturally)

Congrats on staying OP so far! Will you be doing more rounds of Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes now that it easier?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #459  

Fearciuil

Go to the links on the first post of the daily chat.
Fun with veggie purées
In addition to roasting veggies (raw gets boring quuckly), purées are an excellent way of getting all the veggies in. Spinach breakfast smoothie, braised & puréed veggie combos in lunch soups, veggies chopped & added to omelets, zucchini noodles with dinner.

Once you acclimate to 4 c veggies (plus salads) you'll wish you could have more! I now have to figure out how to limit myself to 4 c. but used to need to figure out how to get them all in.

The best thing IP has done for me is change my focus toward veggies with every meal!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #460  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Welcome to all the newcomers and thanks for all the congrats!

All the P3 suggestions are awesome! The plan is for me to start P2 somewhere around the end of the month. My head is still catching up.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #461  

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback drd! I will eat some almond butter tomorrow for some added fat/calories. How are you feeling on phase 3?
Pretty good. I have not added any weight yet, and my swim yesterday was great. Adding carbs has certainly helped that. I will be in P3 for 3 weeks because I am traveling on the second week and cannot get in to see my coach. So I will have plenty of time to play with it.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Pretty good. I have not added any weight yet, and my swim yesterday was great. Adding carbs has certainly helped that. I will be in P3 for 3 weeks because I am traveling on the second week and cannot get in to see my coach. So I will have plenty of time to play with it.
I am happy that all is going well for another P3er! I am down another lb this week on P3 and very happy with that. I start maintenace next week and look forward to getting that last lb off! Honestly though, I'm very happy where I am right now and am not stressing over the numbers. A lb won't make a big difference in how my clothes fit but starting to exercise will! Can't wait! And Ruth Ann, you will do fine, you've already shown that you follow the plan 100percent so the next Phases will be no problem for you. But, change is scary when a person sees numbers drop every week on P1, thats for sure!

Welcome everyone thats new! I still feel new and I am! I can't believe so much weight came off in such a short time. Follow the plan, its easy as no decisions to make as regards how much or what to eat. Its all laid out for you, you definately have your days that aren't easy but stay OP and you will see the results quickly. Its wonderful.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #463  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
I am happy that all is going well for another P3er! I am down another lb this week on P3 and very happy with that. I start maintenace next week and look forward to getting that last lb off! Honestly though, I'm very happy where I am right now and am not stressing over the numbers. A lb won't make a big difference in how my clothes fit but starting to exercise will! Can't wait! And Ruth Ann, you will do fine, you've already shown that you follow the plan 100percent so the next Phases will be no problem for you. But, change is scary when a person sees numbers drop every week on P1, thats for sure!

Welcome everyone thats new! I still feel new and I am! I can't believe so much weight came off in such a short time. Follow the plan, its easy as no decisions to make as regards how much or what to eat. Its all laid out for you, you definately have your days that aren't easy but stay OP and you will see the results quickly. Its wonderful.
I originally had set my weight to get to 125 morning weight. I realize now that would have been way to lean. I am sitting at 137 morning weight and if I get to 135 great, but the important thing is to stay here and under 140. I am still a little worried about that. One day at a time though. It did not come on overnight or off overnight, so if I stay diligent it should stay off. Luckily the exercise thing is a habit. I have been a lifelong exerciser and the only time off was for childbirth!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #464  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Oh my gosh, yes! I was so stuffed it made me feel sick. I literally forced myself to eat lunch and dinner the first week on P3. I ended up cutting back to a smaller amount of calories for my breakfasts because of it. I think the important thing is to hit each of the categories needed to get that pancreas started up again.

I think Lisa mentioned doing something similar so as to not start a habit of eating more than was comfortable. That makes good sense to just listen to your body. That is ultimately the lesson I have learned through this whole process...I listen to my body and recognize when I need to eat, as opposed to when I "want" to eat. And of course, I learned a whole new way to cook, having to find alternative recipes that fit IP during P1.

I lost an additional 2 lbs on P2 but gained 3 during P3. They magically disappeared when I started maintenance. I was freaked out though, but it is very common to have the gain in P3. My SIL experienced the exact same thing. Relax and follow the protocol and you will be A-OK.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #465  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Ack! Home early sick (ok, not really early since I went in at 6:30 this morning). I'm hoping it's just my allergies kicking up and not a cold. Going to go to bed early and hope it goes away.

drd and Hawaii - glad to hear you guys are doing well in P3! I know I'll do fine if I just follow the guidelines - I panic too easy!
Closed Thread