Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
Thanks Ruth Ann - and I agree with everyone else you are such an inspiration - you always have a positive spin on it - thanks for being here. I was told yesterday by one of my young co-workers who has done the program - that my slacks looked like clown pants they were getting so loose!!! lol I guess it's time to do a bit of shopping -

let's all have a great day we're worth it
That is so funny! I went shopping yesterday, first time since I'm this close to goal. My teenage daughter came with me and told me that its time I bought some new clothes cause my pants aren't fitting me anymore! hee hee And how much more fun to try on jeans that are 4 sizes smaller! Losing the last couple of lbs will help to make the size 10's feel a bit more comfortable, but I'm in them and they're not too tight! hee hee
Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Ruth Ann
Right on target when you say "so simple, yet so complicate"

Glad you set that person straight on the losing weight, for me it is nearly (notice I said nearly) impossible. It is a daily struggle, challenge & Pain in the ars!
Congrats! HI1 I'm rebooting - again! Keep up th good work!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Smile

"I've seen on this forum so frequently things like:
But I don't want to disappoint them by not eating xyz or
I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or
I don't want to hurt the feelings of the hostess or
The expectations in my family/social group are xyz

All of the above are excuses we dieters form in our own heads why we have to fail at our diet for "someone else" rather than succeed at our diet for ourselves (which is the person we're doing it for!)"

I love this. I am starting Monday and have been browsing through the forum. I was already worried about some social events I have coming up. The social aspect was one of my biggest concerns. This will remind me that I have to put myself first. I think that's definitely going to help me on my journey.

Last edited by sapphire83; 03-08-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added quotations
Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #409  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Default Cravings begin!

It's only day 4 for me and the cravings are kicking in for sweet items. Had a tea with a lot of splenda, so helped a little. This time around I'm being more creative with my 8 oz. of protein. I used to stick to chicken only, now, I'm trying to use a variety of proteins and make foods such as turkey vegetable meatballs and cabbage rolls. Working in a restaurant is a killer! Constantly being around delicious foods and desserts is extremely tempting, but wanna look great for the summer. Got to keep my mind in the game! My scale shows almost 3lbs down in 3 days, which is great for week one, but well see what weigh in says on Wednesday. Happy Ideal Proteining!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #410  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Default No excuses!

You have to remember you are losing the weight to get healthy, and lets admit it, look good! I failed the program the first time because I constantly had excuses. As my coach would say, "There is NEVER a good time to start a diet!" and it is true. Do it, lose the weight quickly by not cheating, and then enjoy those foods you love, but in moderation. I'm in it for the long hall. Why waste my money ($100 a week almost) and prolong the program by a month due to cheating? I'll take that money and buy me some new cute clothes or send myself on a mini-vacation somewhere once I achieve my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
"I've seen on this forum so frequently things like:
But I don't want to disappoint them by not eating xyz or
I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or
I don't want to hurt the feelings of the hostess or
The expectations in my family/social group are xyz

All of the above are excuses we dieters form in our own heads why we have to fail at our diet for "someone else" rather than succeed at our diet for ourselves (which is the person we're doing it for!)"

I love this. I am starting Monday and have been browsing through the forum. I was already worried about some social events I have coming up. The social aspect was one of my biggest concerns. This will remind me that I have to put myself first. I think that's definitely going to help me on my journey.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
You have to remember you are losing the weight to get healthy, and lets admit it, look good! I failed the program the first time because I constantly had excuses. As my coach would say, "There is NEVER a good time to start a diet!" and it is true. Do it, lose the weight quickly by not cheating, and then enjoy those foods you love, but in moderation. I'm in it for the long hall. Why waste my money ($100 a week almost) and prolong the program by a month due to cheating? I'll take that money and buy me some new cute clothes or send myself on a mini-vacation somewhere once I achieve my goal
That is true. There's always going to be some event. I've seen on the forum how important planning is.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #412  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
That is so funny! I went shopping yesterday, first time since I'm this close to goal. My teenage daughter came with me and told me that its time I bought some new clothes cause my pants aren't fitting me anymore! hee hee And how much more fun to try on jeans that are 4 sizes smaller! Losing the last couple of lbs will help to make the size 10's feel a bit more comfortable, but I'm in them and they're not too tight! hee hee
Hooray for smaller pants Hawaii! And taking daughter is a great idea - I took my niece with me because I had no clue what would look good on me or how some things are supposed to fit. I'd been buying just "big and cover my butt & tummy" for so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Congrats on getting started sapphire! Planning ahead will get you through the social situations - eat first, check to see what food will be available, etc., etc. all help keep you in control. And really, most people don't pay attention to what other people eat. I think back to the last family gathering we had and have no clue what anyone ate besides me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
It's only day 4 for me and the cravings are kicking in for sweet items. Had a tea with a lot of splenda, so helped a little. This time around I'm being more creative with my 8 oz. of protein. I used to stick to chicken only, now, I'm trying to use a variety of proteins and make foods such as turkey vegetable meatballs and cabbage rolls. Working in a restaurant is a killer! Constantly being around delicious foods and desserts is extremely tempting, but wanna look great for the summer. Got to keep my mind in the game! My scale shows almost 3lbs down in 3 days, which is great for week one, but well see what weigh in says on Wednesday. Happy Ideal Proteining!
tabletop - brushing your teeth or eating a pickle can help with the sweet cravings, at least it does for me. And good for you for getting creative, so much good stuff we can have that's totally IP.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #413  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Thanks Ruth Ann! Yes, my girls are pretty honest with me on how things look! hee hee But, also very supportive and complimentary. I'm enjoying Phase 3. In my info for Phase 3 they gave a sample menu of a few different breakfasts and I'm following the samples. Much easier. I'm hoping to keep my breakfasts my bigger meal in maintenance as well.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #414  
Started IP 04/22/2013

hawaii you'll have to share what you're doing for P3 breakfasts - I've been reading the P3 threads and am all confused! Although I'm sure my coach will have good suggestions.

And I'll bet your daughters have a blast dressing up mom!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #415  

Height: 5 '6

I had a productive day... laundry, house cleaning.. I went through my summer clothes. I then made myself do some shopping for my trip... apparently you can't wear a parka in Maui! LOL!

I ended up buying a couple of medium shirts so that was a great NSV. I really do not enjoy shopping and after buying some shirts and a pair of shorts I just couldn't bring myself to go bathing suit shopping... will get that done tomorrow! I have a pair of black spandex shorts and one tankini but I'd like to get a real bathing suit in case I decide I want to show some leg above my knees!

By the way Ruth Ann whenever I start feeling a little diet fatigue I look at your ticker and tell myself I can do it!! Thanks for that!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #416  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
hawaii you'll have to share what you're doing for P3 breakfasts - I've been reading the P3 threads and am all confused! Although I'm sure my coach will have good suggestions.
You know, it is confusing (to me too), even after getting the paperwork and reading the thread. I think part of that is because we are so used to a very strict box to play in and it definitely becomes more mushy in phase 3 - still rules but much more leeway. I ended up, for the two weeks at least, doing pretty much the same thing most days. I was really craving yogurt so... Some version of Greek yogurt/berries/muesliorgranola/almond slivers was my norm.

It is a lot of label reading - MFP comes in handy. My coach suggested the nuts - I probably wouldn't have added otherwise but I could only do a partial serving if I was using 2% yogurt. It was very filling. Some mornings I subbed in a whole wheat English muffin with almond butter in place of the almonds. I didn't make it as far as eggs but I plan to. My coach said I could add bacon too if I felt I needed the protein. I found that challenging to stay under fat grams but she wasn't terribly concerned about a few fat grams over. She thought I should go lighter on granola even tho I'm under on carb grams.

All in all, I look forward to the yummy and filling breakfast. You will do GREAT!

Don't forget to spring forward tonight for those in daylight savings zones.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #417  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I had a productive day... laundry, house cleaning.. I went through my summer clothes. I then made myself do some shopping for my trip... apparently you can't wear a parka in Maui! LOL!

I ended up buying a couple of medium shirts so that was a great NSV. I really do not enjoy shopping and after buying some shirts and a pair of shorts I just couldn't bring myself to go bathing suit shopping... will get that done tomorrow! I have a pair of black spandex shorts and one tankini but I'd like to get a real bathing suit in case I decide I want to show some leg above my knees!

By the way Ruth Ann whenever I start feeling a little diet fatigue I look at your ticker and tell myself I can do it!! Thanks for that!
Clothes shopping exhausts me! Mainly because I have to try everything on - no more "this looks like it will fit." Congrats on medium shirts! I haven't even ventured into swimsuits yet - I've got to work up my courage for that one! Going to Maui is exciting!

And my ticker shows up???? Glad I help motivate you and, truthfully, when I'm feeling down or burned out I look at it too - great reminder of where I was and where I am now and where I plan to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
You know, it is confusing (to me too), even after getting the paperwork and reading the thread. I think part of that is because we are so used to a very strict box to play in and it definitely becomes more mushy in phase 3 - still rules but much more leeway. I ended up, for the two weeks at least, doing pretty much the same thing most days. I was really craving yogurt so... Some version of Greek yogurt/berries/muesliorgranola/almond slivers was my norm.

It is a lot of label reading - MFP comes in handy. My coach suggested the nuts - I probably wouldn't have added otherwise but I could only do a partial serving if I was using 2% yogurt. It was very filling. Some mornings I subbed in a whole wheat English muffin with almond butter in place of the almonds. I didn't make it as far as eggs but I plan to. My coach said I could add bacon too if I felt I needed the protein. I found that challenging to stay under fat grams but she wasn't terribly concerned about a few fat grams over. She thought I should go lighter on granola even tho I'm under on carb grams.

All in all, I look forward to the yummy and filling breakfast. You will do GREAT!

Don't forget to spring forward tonight for those in daylight savings zones.
I think I will end up with one or two favorites and just rotate those out. I am not much for prepping food in the morning so easy is going to be my route. Dh said he can blanch bacon off so I just have to microwave it (bless him) but the thought of all that food in one sitting is scary. Good to know there's some leeway. I'll probably start P2 on the 29th - figured changing it up on a weekend would be good way to start.

and congrats to you - you've done so well and had such a great, supportive attitude the whole time! You are going to rock maintenance!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #418  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Phase 3 breakfast is math! I love math!

I actually made two spreadsheets. One that has a tab for each category of food on the breakfast worksheet with all the information, the other is the breakfast log so I can easily tally the totals.

Basically you pick a protein item, say eggs, and don't worry about carb content or anything. Then pick a grain item and on this, make sure the carbs are less than 30(I am using net carbs). Next a fruit, carbs less than 20. And finally, my coach said everything else falls into the less that 120 calories and 15 carbs, dairly column, although I am a tiny bit confused there.

Once you pick your food combos, you have to make sure that your total protein is > 25 and your fat is less than 15, so when I am doing the individual items, I have an eye on the overall mix. I don't worry about calories because it seems if you follow the rest of the rules, that works out too. My coach says for carbs it ends up no more that 65, which is the 30 plus the 20 plus the 15.

I bought The Complete Book of Food Counts because it was one calorie count book that gave me the fiber content as well as carbs.

Putting everything into spreadsheets was time consuming, but now that the are there, everything is right in front of me, and it is easy to just put a breakfast together. My husband thought I was odd Friday night when I would not let him put groceries away until I logged everything!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 AM   #419  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Wow drd you are organized!

Do you mind sharing your spreadsheet? Sounds like you've got it all figured out!

You have done so great - looks like you have a good handle on all of it!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:49 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Sure, one thing I forgot to say is that you want your non protein items to be as high in protein and low in fat as possible.
Closed Thread