Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Well it happened. The whoosh fairy visited me this week and took away 4 lbs and gave me a dramatic drop in body fat % that took me from the orange to the yellow - if any of you are familiar with IP's BCA protocol. My coach predicted this before the reading and jumped up and clapped her hands. We had a hug and a little cry. Seemed like my body fat % was doomed to be too high forever. My coach was so excited that she was prepared to get me on Phase 2 but I was like, whoa slow down, I'm not even in the acceptable BMI range yet! She said it was up to me what I'd like to do but now that my body fat is in an acceptable range we can phase off any time. I'd like to continue on with Phase 1 until the goal we set but we'll see how it goes. If I start to stall really bad I may phase off a little early. Very exciting stuff today! Thanks for being here for me to share with you all
Yay!!! Congratulations! That's fantastic your body fat is now in the healthy range and that you're so close to goal.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Way to go Steph!!!!!!

Luccilove, love the adventurous cooking! I use egg whites from the carton all the time.

Hiker88, you are one of us glad you like the questions.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:32 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Steph: I love the whoosh fairy!!! Congrats, you must be so proud! I know I am proud of you.

Happy Valentine's day IP friends!!! Remember chocolate will NOT make you feel better and is not worth it!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #169  

Height: 5'2

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I am having an epic fat burning weekend! Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a new set of numbers. 139.8! The only thing I'm doing differently is upping my water by maybe 2-3 glasses a day. It is working like a hot damn. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about having a cheat night but I know I can get back on the wagon tomorrow and commit 100% until I go to Vegas in March. I am so thankful to my body for giving me this reward. I really needed it. I was losing steam but now I'm motivated to get this done! Have an awesome weekend my October IP friends
Old 02-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #170  

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I am having an epic fat burning weekend! Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a new set of numbers. 139.8! The only thing I'm doing differently is upping my water by maybe 2-3 glasses a day. It is working like a hot damn. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about having a cheat night but I know I can get back on the wagon tomorrow and commit 100% until I go to Vegas in March. I am so thankful to my body for giving me this reward. I really needed it. I was losing steam but now I'm motivated to get this done! Have an awesome weekend my October IP friends
That's awesome...I love breaking through each 10 lb mark. Of course, each lb or portion of a lb is good, but passing each 10 lb mark is extra exciting. I need to be better about drinking my water. Have a great weekend!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Congratulations! It is motivating! Every time I see a smaller number its exciting, 159 made me happy! I can relate to the losing steam part but reading that others are feeling the same really helps. Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #172  

Kooky - try drinking more water and see what happens. Not sure if that is what is making the big difference with me but it's worth a try!

Hawaii69 - you are soooo close to your goal! That is awesome!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #173  

Hope everyone is enjoying the start to the weekend! I'm enjoying my coffee and chocolate IP drink right now. This weekend I plan on selling my size 16 & 18 clothing on eBay and going shopping for some jeans. I had ordered some jeans from Old Navy and they came in yesterday. The size 12 super skinnies were way too tight, so those are going back, but the size 12 bootcut jeans fit. This is exciting for me because I haven't fit into size 12 pants for at least 3-4 years, probably longer.

I'm starting to wear more pants and fewer dresses and leggings. The dresses and leggings make it difficult to sense weight gain and were a big enabler for me as I gained 60 lbs in 4 years. I also used maxi dresses with flowy cardigans on top to hide my weight gain. Cotton skirts with elastic waist bands were also a favorite of mine. Pants and skirts with non-elastic waist bands are always a good measure to tell if you're gaining or losing weight. All of the clothing I wore as I was gaining weight allowed me room to keep gaining without me knowing. It also didn't help I would go long periods without stepping on a scale.

Last edited by KookySuki; 02-15-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #174  

Hi everyone!

So went for WI- down 3 pounds on their scale (3 week official) but same weight from last week. But I lost 4 inches. My blood pressure was 102/64. Had a good convo. with a new to me coach. Then I dragged my behind to the drs. Good news, he took me off my blood pressure med.! Bad news, he too, is concerned about my ankles swelling and retaining fluid. He ordered a battery of blood work including a full thyroid panel. He also wants an echocardiogram. The water retention is not a new problem, I think that they did not take address it before because they blamed it on my weight and BP. I am happy to finally be taken seriously, but I will confess that I am a bit worried.(and a little on the edge of weepy, TOM next week)

Resolutions from meeting with the coach:
No daily weighing for a week
Cut back on celery (higher in sodium than pickles! Who knew?)

Steph, you little fat burning machine, have fun tonight.

Hawaii, finding motivation is definitely the ongoing challenge.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #175  

Height: 5 '6

Last week at my card party I thought I made some good choices.. there were sliders there so I just ate a couple of chicken burgers with no bun.... The scale really hasn't moved much this week... I hadn't thought of fillers etc... I think I was out of Ketosis for a few days but live and learn... won't do that again!

I've also had a stressful week at work so that doesn't usually help... I've been drinking a ton today hoping it will help things along but as usual I'm just going to stick to plan and trust in the process. Of course the stress factor went up this afternoon when I got to the grocery store and realized my wallet fell out of my pocket somewhere around Sears... went back but no one had turned it in! Grrrr My sister is coming from out of town and I really need some food!! She's ok cause she's on IP but her husband and girls probably don't want lettuce and chicken breast for the weekend, not to mention I've invited company over for lunch tomorrow! Good thing I have an awesome boarder who is lending me money to get me through the weekend... frustrating but I'm absent minded by nature and I can't change it so I try to just roll with it.. still irritating!!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 AM   #176  

Height: 5 '6

All is good, I called Sears again just to make sure and sure enough someone had turned in my wallet! Yay!

After drinking more than usual yesterday the scale is down again so I'm thankful for that!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-16-2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #177  

Hiker, that's great news about your wallet and the scale moving! I think I would have a heart attack if I lost my wallet. My life is in there!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #178  

Slip - So happy to hear you're off your medication! What an accomplishment.

Thank goodness your wallet got turned in Hiker! How scary! I left my purse in a cart at Walmart when I was in a big rush a few years back and some awesome person turned it in for me - nothing was missing. I was very surprised as it was a dodgy part of Calgary.

So, I had a great night in Edmonton for a concert. Back home now and just want to report that the saying is true - nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Everything I ate off plan wasn't all that good. It's really not worth it. I will just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Last edited by stephascope; 02-16-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #179  

Hi all,

IP is definitely messing with my TOM- 8 days early. At least I understand feeling weepy. So, I got my blood work back and it looks good. They are scheduling the cardio ultra sound to rule out heart issues. I am frustrated, because I have worked so hard to get off that darn medicine and now I am going to have to take another med. to deal with water retention. I know that I sound like a brat. I am grateful that it was not thyroid, just feeling disappointed today. Dr. said, possibly leaky capillaries and that it is just part of life. Good thing that doing all this hard work is making us cuter too!

Hiker- So glad that you found your wallet and happy that the scale started moving again. Hope that you are having fun with your sister and family.

Steph- glad you had fun! What was the concert?

Kooky- thank you for all the support! Meant the world

Went to meet a friend today at an Irish Pub. She is such a good friend that when she saw that I wasn't drinking, she did not drink either. She did eat French onion soup (and man, it looked good) and I just had coffee. Came home and made pork tenderloin.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #180  

Slip - are just your ankles swollen or are you retaining water all over?

Uhh the concert was of the "metal" persuasion. Not sure I should explain any further lol.
Closed Thread