Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Lisa, it has definitely made for a crazy year. We are also a pilot school for SBAC testing which will eat up at least a week of learning time in March.

Love all of the quotes!

How about a few questions?

1. Name one IP thing/moment that you are grateful for this week.

2. How are you dealing with stress and emotions without food?

3. What is your greatest struggle on IP?

3. How do you think your life will be different at goal?
Old 02-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Back from weigh in and down 1.6! Happy and now only 5 more pounds to goal. This week end will be difficult, my hubby is taking my away for my birthday and it has 5 star food there. I will try and stick to protein and back to the plan as soon as I get back!
Old 02-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Wine4Me- Great job on the WI! You're so close to your goal! Hope you have a nice weekend away...sounds nice. : )

1. Name one IP thing/moment that you are grateful for this week. Getting a lot of support from my IP coach and doctor. They help me put a greater meaning behind the program which really motivates me.

2. How are you dealing with stress and emotions without food? I am talking it out with friends, seeing a therapist, and journaling.

3. What is your greatest struggle on IP? My tendency to emotionally eat is a struggle, but is much less of a struggle when I've been 100% OP for at least 3-4 weeks. The food cravings and temptation to cheat and emotionally eat come back when I eat off plan. Staying OP and being in constant ketosis keeps the cravings at bay.

3. How do you think your life will be different at goal? I'm looking forward to being proud of my body and being able to buy clothing to accentuate my new body. Also, I'm excited to be at a goal weight so that I can exercise to get toned and maintain my weight, rather than exercising to lose which is not as fun. I've already noticed his much better it feels to walk now that I'm over 40 lbs lighter. I can imagine how great it will feel to exercise at my goal weight or when I get closer to it.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #154  

"There are no circumstances around you more powerful than the power within you."

I noticed that my thighs do not rub together when I walk this week.

I am putting a voice to my emotions both here and in my life.

The darn slowdown and water retention. Oh, and being cold.

I will not have to worry about my blood pressure. I will be cooler in the summer. Spring clothes shopping will be more fun. I will be more confident in my appearance. I am looking forward to doing more outdoor activities.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 197/197/130

Height: 5'6

I am very excited about starting ideal protein and all these stories got my pumped up.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #156  

Literacyqueen, Welcome! IP is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The beginning is tough but the results have been worth it.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Wine4me: Good job on the loss this week. Have a great weekend away.

literacyqueen: Welcome! I agree the first week is tough but once you get past that is gets easier and it is soooo worth it.

Slipfree: I too just noticed yesterday there wasn't as much thigh rub! Put a smile on my face.

I hit my 50lbs lost this week and that is truly because of IP, grateful for that.
I keep telling myself that eating is not going to solve the problems, look where that got me in the first place.
Getting together with friends and watching them eat/drink, that is when I feel deprived. But I keep telling myself that if I don't change my eating I won't change my weight.
4. How do you think your life will be different at goal? I will have more confidence, I will be happier(even thou I didn't realize how unhappy with my weight I was), and I will be able to go into any store I want and find something that fits.

Don't do anything today that will undo all the hard work you did yesterday.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #158  

Love your quote, Want2be! So right, honor that hard work!

Wine4me- congrats on being 5 pounds from goal. Hope that you have a wonderful birthday weekend.

It has been a bizarre weather day here. Tons of snow, then rain, then nothing, now thunder and lightening! And... Expecting more snow over night.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

Literacyqueen- Welcome and wishing you the best on the program. It's not always easy, especially in the first week, but it works if you follow the protocol. This forum is great for support from others on IP and you can also get a lot of useful information that will help you along the way.

Yay for less thigh rub! I've noticed that too. Hopefully by summer the rub will be gone altogether or not bad because I'm looking forward to wearing cute dresses and bathing suits. At my largest, I wore a lot of maxi dresses, but the thigh rub was awful! Cheers to that not being a problem anymore!

Slipfree- that is weird weather! Maybe the thunderstorms are a sign spring is on the horizon.

I had a much better day today. I think my body is firmly back into ketosis which boosts my mood and my hormones from TOM/weight changes seemed to have calmed down. I love IP, but it's like puberty sometimes with these unexpected hormonal and other bodily changes. Lol
Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Kawaii and Jig- Miss you
Slip,

I'm here! Reading along, but kind of lurking. Trying hard to pull myself out of the darn winter Blahs...
Old 02-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #161  

Height: 5'2

I have my WI in 3 hours. I would love to have a long relaxing bath with a book but I'm too worried about absorbing water and it affecting the number on the scale. Is this ridiculous or what? lol I guess a shower will have to do.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I have been lurking as well. Had a big snow day yesterday tried 2 new recipes. I also tried the new pre made dinner packet of beef stroganoff. It was just ok. Will not get it again.

1)Unrestricted pancakes with the crispy rice cereal - very simple and yummy

2)I made Chicken Matzo Ball soup so I took the broth and for me added celery and turnips cut up and took the potato puree and tried to make them like matzo balls they were more like gnocchi and dumplings but it got the job done. So proud of myself for trying this. I did have some real matzo balls but nothing I can do now.

I want to try to make a pita bread and the cauliflower breadsticks - anyone make them before?

New question - when a recipe says we need egg whites can we use the egg whites liquid that comes in a carton? Just wondering. Thanks

I am DONE with snow!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!! i HEART IP friends! xoxoxo
Old 02-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #163  

Height: 5'2

Well it happened. The whoosh fairy visited me this week and took away 4 lbs and gave me a dramatic drop in body fat % that took me from the orange to the yellow - if any of you are familiar with IP's BCA protocol. My coach predicted this before the reading and jumped up and clapped her hands. We had a hug and a little cry. Seemed like my body fat % was doomed to be too high forever. My coach was so excited that she was prepared to get me on Phase 2 but I was like, whoa slow down, I'm not even in the acceptable BMI range yet! She said it was up to me what I'd like to do but now that my body fat is in an acceptable range we can phase off any time. I'd like to continue on with Phase 1 until the goal we set but we'll see how it goes. If I start to stall really bad I may phase off a little early. Very exciting stuff today! Thanks for being here for me to share with you all
Old 02-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #164  

Height: 5 '6

I'm a September starter but have followed you all since the beginning.. love the questions!

Going shopping for a dress I'll be wearing at a wedding in a couple of weeks and it won't be depressing!

I've had a very stressful week and will admit I ate more protein than I should have... I was aware of why I was doing it.. just glad I didn't get carried away and keep eating! To be totally honest, its 3FC's that keep me focused, reading about all of your struggles and successes is very motivating!

I travel on occasion for work and its always a challenge at company diinners not to draw attention to myself when I'm trying to get my dinners IP friendly.

Oh wow, let me count the ways!!!... OK just one.... I love to hike so look forward to some good long walks in the mountains where I don't have to worry about my knees on the way home!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-14-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #165  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Well it happened. The whoosh fairy visited me this week and took away 4 lbs and gave me a dramatic drop in body fat % that took me from the orange to the yellow - if any of you are familiar with IP's BCA protocol. My coach predicted this before the reading and jumped up and clapped her hands. We had a hug and a little cry. Seemed like my body fat % was doomed to be too high forever. My coach was so excited that she was prepared to get me on Phase 2 but I was like, whoa slow down, I'm not even in the acceptable BMI range yet! She said it was up to me what I'd like to do but now that my body fat is in an acceptable range we can phase off any time. I'd like to continue on with Phase 1 until the goal we set but we'll see how it goes. If I start to stall really bad I may phase off a little early. Very exciting stuff today! Thanks for being here for me to share with you all
Steph, Awesome news!! Congrats! It sounds like you are pretty close, very encouraging for me to see your success!
Closed Thread