Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #361  

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Good morning and congratulations to everyone on their successes and new clothes! Great coat, great dress, ladies!

Well, I survived Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. Three turkey dinners at other people's houses on Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. I'm still pinching myself that I got through it and stayed strong. Just kept to turkey and roast vegetables. The only issues were that at dinner #1 I found out AFTER I ate the veggies that that had been roasted with red wine vinegar; and last night I didn't have my list and enjoyed those parsnips so much - until I checked at home and found they were on the not allowed list. Who ever thought I would be beating myself up about eating parsnips!! At any rate - I'm still proud of myself for getting through when faced with everything else that goes along with Thanksgiving dinner. I'll be hosting Christmas myself and already planning MY part of the meal.

Have a great day everyone.
Kathy
I know!!! Parsnips have no business being that high in carbs. I was shocked the first time i looked them up. I've had a couple accidental cheats too. I once ate the oatmeal and a bar in the same day. I forgot that oatmeal is restricted since it had been a long time since i'd looked it up. I also had a bite of meat at a party and instantly could tell there was sugar in it. The host had brined or marinated with a lot of sugar. I handed it to my husband. What are you gonna do.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
Back from my first WI...down 7.2 pounds this week. I was hoping for 10, but still...7.2 is more than one pound per day. Hoping this will continue and I will be at goal before I know it!
Awesome work and great weigh in.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #363  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

I feel much better today after getting things figured out for eating, getting the surgery scheduled, etc., etc. Now I'm just running around like crazy getting things done and rescheduled! Anxious to get this over with and back to normal life.

I couldn't believe I actually lost weight last week - I was expecting a gain after all the tests. But I am now down officially 70 pounds! I wouldn't have believed 6 months ago that I could do this but I did! My doctor is amazed - my blood sugar is normal, my blood pressure is normal, my cholesterol is normal - in fact, my blood work is so normal, I'm boring. I'll take boring.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #364  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning!

I feel much better today after getting things figured out for eating, getting the surgery scheduled, etc., etc. Now I'm just running around like crazy getting things done and rescheduled! Anxious to get this over with and back to normal life.

I couldn't believe I actually lost weight last week - I was expecting a gain after all the tests. But I am now down officially 70 pounds! I wouldn't have believed 6 months ago that I could do this but I did! My doctor is amazed - my blood sugar is normal, my blood pressure is normal, my cholesterol is normal - in fact, my blood work is so normal, I'm boring. I'll take boring.
That is such great news RuthAnn!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #365  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks Avalon! I continue to be amazed at your losses - outstanding!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #366  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Good morning!

That is so amazing! Congrats on your successes. I am hoping to be "boring" too in the not too distant future.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Good morning!

Yay for you RuthAnn...! Hope you are soon on the mend too...you have so much to be proud of and we all know you'll jump back in and finish the job!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #368  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Hooray and fingers crossed

Quote:
Good morning!

You are to be congratulated - 70 pounds is such an awesome accomplishment and one to which I look forward - I am sure that when I hit that mark, the noise will be heard across the continent (that will also be my ticket to Onderland).

Our fingers are crossed for your surgery and quick recovery. I hope that nothing involved with it all interferes with your successful weight loss. Keep us advised?
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #369  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ruth Ann and Avalon, congratulations on your losses! I have enjoyed and relied on your posts and support.

I started P3 this morning and I gotta tell you, I am FULL! I was really looking forward to such yummy food but I feel a little sick, and am really sleepy. I will phase off properly but am thinking I will go back to shakes for breakfast during maintenance.

I did register for myfitnesspal last night and love how easy it is to use for calculating my breakfasts.

I hope all have a good day!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #370  

Worked out with my trainer this morning and am feeling good, but tired right now. On the way home, I stopped for a mint tea at Starbuck's since it is cool and foggy here this morning. No added sugar, but then I panicked! Am I allowed to drink hot herbal tea OP? I'm working very hard to stay 100% OP but think I might have just blown it. HELP!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #371  

Relax. Yes. You are fine.
Not only are they allowed but it is part of your water consumption
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ruth Ann and Avalon, congratulations on your losses! I have enjoyed and relied on your posts and support.

I started P3 this morning and I gotta tell you, I am FULL! I was really looking forward to such yummy food but I feel a little sick, and am really sleepy. I will phase off properly but am thinking I will go back to shakes for breakfast during maintenance.

I did register for myfitnesspal last night and love how easy it is to use for calculating my breakfasts.
Oh girl...I had to eat smaller breakfasts and work up to the whole breakfast over about a 5-day period. I made the whole thing & just stopped when i was full.

IP makes the Ideal Complete, which is a shake for P3-4, which might work better if it is just too much.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Relax. Yes. You are fine.
Not only are they allowed but it is part of your water consumption
Phew! Thanks Lisa. Now I know I can get my Starbucks and still stay on plan!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
Phew! Thanks Lisa. Now I know I can get my Starbucks and still stay on plan!
I have several different herbal teas at home. Just make sure it is only the tea...nothing else added.
I drink a peppermint tea almost every morning when I finish my chocolate smoothie breakfast
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #375  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I have several different herbal teas at home. Just make sure it is only the tea...nothing else added.
I drink a peppermint tea almost every morning when I finish my chocolate smoothie breakfast
I do too. I've been sticking to hot lemon water this week but "slipped" today. At least now I know I will be okay drinking my teas throughout the winter. Thanks again for calming my nerves. I really want to stay 100% OP...so glad I did!
Closed Thread