Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Thanks Lisa! My self control muscle is definitely getting stronger! I will imagine it in my right bicep from now on, and I will flex to remind myself of how strong it is!
Love this....now that Im getting to the end..I need to ramp up the self control! The IP guidelines were easy and kept me honest with a rule book to follow. Soon now, I'll be on my own and the holidays are approaching as I begin to phase off. Maybe I'll make an arm band to wear under my sweaters and shirts...and make it just a little tight...(like my pants will be if I forget!

Last edited by 65X65; 10-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #257  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Yay for you willow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Way to go Willow!
Quote:
way to go!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Welcome Willow...

And, congrats on your accomplishments - that's incredible and you must feel AMAZING!
Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the acknowledgement!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Love this....now that Im getting to the end..I need to ramp up the self control! The IP guidelines were easy and kept me honest with a rule book to follow. Soon now, I'll be on my own and the holidays are approaching as I begin to phase off. Maybe I'll make an arm band to wear under my sweaters and shirts...and make it just a little tight...(like my pants will be if I forget!
It's such a funny visual! I'm imagining all the IPers randomly flexing their right bicep for no apparent reason. People will think we are strange, some odd side effect of the diet!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
Hello 100%ers! I'm mostly a lurker and I'm rather a slow loser (oddly enough I can say that here and hopefully you know what I mean!) but after weigh in today, my BMI is now in the normal range. I'm no longer fat! (Well, by that measure anyway.) I just needed to share. If I continue to lose at the rate I'm losing, I'll be on Phase 1 through the Christmas holidays. That's somewhat of a relief, actually. But I'm trying to wrap my head around it. A milestone like the BMI is a real boost for me. Thanks for reading!
Way to go Willow!!!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #260  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Congrats Willowvee!!!

I love this self control muscle flexing idea, I am stealing it! I love the idea of a little arm band too. I am nervous going into maintenance and love any little thing that will help keep me on track. Sunday is the big day for me.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Finally!!! I have been doing IP 100% for over seven weeks and have lost 24 pounds but no-one who didn't know I was on the diet had noticed.....until yesterday!!!
Finally, someone noticed! My hairdresser said, you look great, have you lost weight!
I was feeling discouraged yesterday too because the scale has slowed down for me and I have been more hungry the past few days so it was good timing for this NSV!!!!!

Feeling renewed focus today!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #262  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Finally!!! I have been doing IP 100% for over seven weeks and have lost 24 pounds but no-one who didn't know I was on the diet had noticed.....until yesterday!!!
Finally, someone noticed! My hairdresser said, you look great, have you lost weight!
I was feeling discouraged yesterday too because the scale has slowed down for me and I have been more hungry the past few days so it was good timing for this NSV!!!!!

That's so exciting! I share your happiness. I am the same way....I've been at a weight where it was normal for me to put on 20lbs and then lose it. I think People never mentioned my weight because of that. Two nights ago my cousin hadn't seen me since I started IP and mentioned it to me! I felt so happy!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #263  

Quote:

Congrats!! Great for you!! That kind of notice is the best motivator. Once the inches start to melt and you wear clothes that fit...people do notice, but are sometimes slow to mention it. At the risk of embarrassing someone, many people notice but tread lightly. The sensitive ones say the right thing..the nosey ones punctuate it with " Well, how much have you lost?". You need to decide in your head...ahead of time if/how you will respond to that one!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #264  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Hello 100%ers! I'm mostly a lurker and I'm rather a slow loser (oddly enough I can say that here and hopefully you know what I mean!) but after weigh in today, my BMI is now in the normal range. I'm no longer fat! (Well, by that measure anyway.) I just needed to share. If I continue to lose at the rate I'm losing, I'll be on Phase 1 through the Christmas holidays. That's somewhat of a relief, actually. But I'm trying to wrap my head around it. A milestone like the BMI is a real boost for me. Thanks for reading!
That is great Willow! Way to go - amazing how good "normal" feels, isn't it?

Quote:
Well, I made it through this tough day, 100% OP! It wasn't easy, but it worked. I had my protein at lunch time, kept me busy since I'm novimg so slow. I'm a bit hungry now, but will have a couple pickles to make up the rest of my daily veggies.

Have a great evening everyone.
Staying OP through rough times is a victory in itself, so yeah for you! I came home from my test yesterday very discouraged and just wanted to eat everything in sight. I didn't, but it was the first time since I started IP that I really felt the urge. Found out I'm in control, not the food and I am stronger than I thought I was.

Quote:
Finally, someone noticed! My hairdresser said, you look great, have you lost weight! I was feeling discouraged yesterday too because the scale has slowed down for me and I have been more hungry the past few days so it was good timing for this NSV!!!!! Feeling renewed focus today!
You know Kellmomo, my hairdresser was the first non-family member to really notice my loss too! She said "you have so much less face!" (which I think she meant as a compliment!). Always uplifting to hear such things. And congrats on the 24 lbs gone forever!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Congrats Willowvee!!!

I love this self control muscle flexing idea, I am stealing it! I love the idea of a little arm band too. I am nervous going into maintenance and love any little thing that will help keep me on track. Sunday is the big day for me.
I'm going to make one in fall colors...and another in red and green !!! I have plenty of elastic in my sewing box...and oodles of narrow satin ribbon and little buttons and doo-dads!!

Last edited by 65X65; 10-11-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #266  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Way to go Willow!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Congrats Willowvee!!!
Aww, thank you!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #267  

Quote:
Great idea, 65!
I'm entering p4 on Halloween.
It is all planned out on the calendar with a re-start (if medically ok'd based on improved thyroid functioning) planned for Jan 5, and a goal reduction to at least 145, perhaps 140, at that time.

I actually have a fun meal planned for that nite (not a whole day, just a meal) and it WON'T be Halloween candy
Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #268  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Great idea, 65!
I'm entering p4 on Halloween.
It is all planned out on the calendar with a re-start (if medically ok'd based on improved thyroid functioning) planned for Jan 5, and a goal reduction to at least 145, perhaps 140, at that time.

I actually have a fun meal planned for that nite (not a whole day, just a meal) and it WON'T be Halloween candy
THAT is wonderful!!! So glad for you! You do need to celebrate yourself for a while and esp this Holiday...take the time to relax mentally as well as physically and..2014 is a brand new year.

My husband actually talked to me this AM about taking a break and restarting after January 1st if I feel I still want to lose that last few pounds.

These last few weeks have kind of reset what and where I should focus. After bouncing up 1.5, I lost .6 pounds this week and another 1.5 inches...so some of this is going to happen slowly with out being obsessed at this point.

It's important to start to figure out the "hows and whats" of compliance in maintenance. P1/2 makes it so darn easy....but it's going to have to end. Like I said...I'd would have drunk snake venom if it was on the sheet this last year!!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #269  

Quote:
Like I said...I'd would have drunk snake venom if it was on the sheet this last year!!
100% IP worked so well for me for so long I would have too. Following the rules has been key for me, as I have never been much of a rule follower (give me a loophole, I'd pull it WIDE open!). I don't know why this has been the easiest diet for me to stick to, but it has & I've "gone with it" and found some pretty good success!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #270  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations on hitting that milestone! That will be a huge one for me as well. After years of not paying attention (and look where that got me...) I was SHOCKED when my doctor explained it to me - and that I was considered to be in the obese range. That was the kick in the *** I needed. And glad to be here.
Closed Thread