Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So I tried so hard to figure out to how make the broc and cheese soup taste better.
I couldn't eat it tonight... I tired mixing in other veggies and adding spices but I wanted to gag....
Have you tried it as a bread? I enjoy eating it that way. Same with the Tomato Basil soup - I don't love it as a soup, but it tastes better as bread! This same recipe will work for both:

Broccoli and Cheese Bread

1 packet (Ideal Protein) broccoli cheese soup mix
two egg whites
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
oregano, basil, garlic powder, to taste
pinch of salt.
Blend with a fork until fairly smooth. Bake in a pie pan or cookie sheet sprayed with Pam in a 350 oven for 8 mins each side.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #47  
sugar is the devil

I haven't posted these past few days for a very good reason. I went down to Kelowna for the weekend (well, left on Thursday, driving back to Calgary in a bit). It's a 6-7hr drive, depending on stops.

Just wanted to report that I have been 100% on plan! I emailed my parents the P1 Protocol (the sheet with all the veggies and stuff I am allowed to eat, and what I'm not allowed to eat). They have been compliant with my eating needs. Making me plain, no sauce, BBQ grilled chicken and pork tenderloin. Grilling me up veggies. Yesterday we had dungeness crab (as I'm trying to explore my seafood palate since I don't really eat seafood but want to try). Delicious! Just brought my packets along and I was all set. Also made a few servings of the zucchini muffins for the drive as they are easy to grab and help get 1 cup of veggies in

I didn't go to any of my favourite restaurants because I knew I couldn't have what I wanted to have. Just told myself that I will be back again and they will still be here, and I can enjoy them when I'm ready to.

When I told my coach I was going to Kelowna for 4 days, she asked if I was going to stay on plan. Of course I was! She explained that she was surprised because the majority of her clients will go off plan for trips. I said why? I'm only gone for 4 days, I'm staying with my parents... it's totally doable if YOU make it work. I guess she said some people just don't want to put the effort in or feel like they will miss out. I guess this is why I'm losing MORE than the average per week (as she told me).

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 09-22-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #48  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Since I believe it's never too early to think about the challenge of Maintenance - which I believe will be tougher than taking the weight off - I wanted to share a book I just came across called "Refuse to Regain" by Barbara Berkeley, MD. It is devoted to strategies for being successful at maintaining your weight loss, no matter what method you used to lose. I have only read the first chapter or so (I downloaded the free Kindle "sample" book from Amazon) - but it definitely will be one I will be reading cover to cover and probably be my 'bible' when I DO reach the Maintenance phase!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #49  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

I made a 'tortilla' out of the Potato Puree mix the other night. It is simply 2.5 oz water, mixed with the Potato mix. Spread onto a heated (I sprayed with Pam) skillet. Turn when it starts to brown, and brown both sides. I used it to wrap a very large taco the other night! But you could use it for any kind of 'wrap'. Next time I will try adding a bit more water (maybe 3 oz) to see if I can get it to be a bit thinner, and make 2 of them instead of one.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Since I believe it's never too early to think about the challenge of Maintenance - which I believe will be tougher than taking the weight off - I wanted to share a book I just came across called "Refuse to Regain" by Barbara Berkeley, MD. It is devoted to strategies for being successful at maintaining your weight loss, no matter what method you used to lose. I have only read the first chapter or so (I downloaded the free Kindle "sample" book from Amazon) - but it definitely will be one I will be reading cover to cover and probably be my 'bible' when I DO reach the Maintenance phase!
I agree! I'm already thinking about maintenance as well and how I'm going to make some major changes to the way I socialize and do business meetings that involve alcohol and food. Thanks for sharing the title... I'm going to check it out!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So I tried so hard to figure out to how make the broc and cheese soup taste better.
I couldn't eat it tonight... I tired mixing in other veggies and adding spices but I wanted to gag....
Hi There - What I do with the soups is take cooked broccoli or cauliflower (or whatever veggie you prefer)and mash it in my nutribullet along with the dry soup mix and some ICBINB (I can't believe it's not butter spray) and salt and pepper or whatever spice you like, just like mashed potatoes you are doing awesome! Keep up the GREAT work
Old 09-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #52  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I haven't posted these past few days for a very good reason. I went down to Kelowna for the weekend (well, left on Thursday, driving back to Calgary in a bit). It's a 6-7hr drive, depending on stops.

Just wanted to report that I have been 100% on plan! I emailed my parents the P1 Protocol (the sheet with all the veggies and stuff I am allowed to eat, and what I'm not allowed to eat). They have been compliant with my eating needs. Making me plain, no sauce, BBQ grilled chicken and pork tenderloin. Grilling me up veggies. Yesterday we had dungeness crab (as I'm trying to explore my seafood palate since I don't really eat seafood but want to try). Delicious! Just brought my packets along and I was all set. Also made a few servings of the zucchini muffins for the drive as they are easy to grab and help get 1 cup of veggies in

I didn't go to any of my favourite restaurants because I knew I couldn't have what I wanted to have. Just told myself that I will be back again and they will still be here, and I can enjoy them when I'm ready to.

When I told my coach I was going to Kelowna for 4 days, she asked if I was going to stay on plan. Of course I was! She explained that she was surprised because the majority of her clients will go off plan for trips. I said why? I'm only gone for 4 days, I'm staying with my parents... it's totally doable if YOU make it work. I guess she said some people just don't want to put the effort in or feel like they will miss out. I guess this is why I'm losing MORE than the average per week (as she told me).

Good for you! and hats off to your parents for being so supportive. That is A+ wonderful all around!

You will see results!

Annik
Old 09-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Kkid: you mentioned South Alabama and the Bayway where are you located? I live in Elberta and will be going to the clinic in Foley to start IP Thursday.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #54  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello all, just stopping in after a weekend away at my parents.
Went to Costco and got some more vanilla premier protein shakes since that is the only Costco I have gone to so far that carries them, and also picked up some pure protein bars which were on sale, 18 for $14.99. Great deal!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #55  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Hello all, just stopping in after a weekend away at my parents.
Went to Costco and got some more vanilla premier protein shakes since that is the only Costco I have gone to so far that carries them, and also picked up some pure protein bars which were on sale, 18 for $14.99. Great deal!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Do you know if the pure protein bars are restricted??
Old 09-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Question...Last night I cooked up 8 ounces of alaskan Cod and it was awesome. Tonight I had 8 ounces of chicken breast and I'm stuffed. Is there such a thing as "heavier or more filling" meats? It was fajitas... chicken, red bell pepper, green onions, and mushrooms along with a few broccoli pieces. It seems like a huge meal!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #57  

Eagerly waiting for tomorrow morning....have gotten all my materials (meal plans, groceries, shaker cup etc) ready to start IP in the morning! Looking to loose 30 pounds. Glad to see so many people helping everyone!
Closed Thread