Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I feel like the prodigal son now, I have very active on this board in 2011 (I cannot believe that 2 years have gone by already). I have tried many times to re-start but never succeeded, nevertheless, I keep on trying and I know that this site has been the best thing ever that helped me through everything.

Many new faces in here, I am not even sure if I will find any of the faces I "know" from when I used to come to this site in 2011, so here is a small introduction of me: my name is Sandra, a small summary of my journey is described in my signature, I hope this time, my re-start would be different from all of my previous re-starts, I really want to succeed, it's much more than enough for me feeling like a failure every time I stop this diet!

So, nice "meeting" you all and thank you in advance for all of your support.

Welcome Sandra! Was your IVF cycle a success? I, too have had a struggle with infertility. After 3 years, 3 losses, numerous appointments, pokes, prods and meds, I now sit here with my beautiful 6.5 month old son. Unfortunately, I gained so much weight during pregnancy and I am the heaviest I have ever been. I decided I need to do this for ME and also for him...because he deserves a mom who can play, run and keep up with him...not one that sits on the sidelines and watches him play....he also deserves a mom that is around for a long, long time...this is what keeps me going this time around.
If you would like a "buddy" through this journey, I am in!! Good for you for not giving up and getting back to it. I hope this is the time that is a success for you
Old 09-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

I feel like the prodigal son now, I have very active on this board in 2011 (I cannot believe that 2 years have gone by already). I have tried many times to re-start but never succeeded, nevertheless, I keep on trying and I know that this site has been the best thing ever that helped me through everything.

Many new faces in here, I am not even sure if I will find any of the faces I "know" from when I used to come to this site in 2011, so here is a small introduction of me: my name is Sandra, a small summary of my journey is described in my signature, I hope this time, my re-start would be different from all of my previous re-starts, I really want to succeed, it's much more than enough for me feeling like a failure every time I stop this diet!

So, nice "meeting" you all and thank you in advance for all of your support.
Hi Sandra! Good luck on the re-start, you'll find lots of inspiration here - I know I do every day!

Good Saturday morning to everyone! I had such a busy week this week at work, I'd like to hope things will quiet down a bit but I don't think that will happen soon.

I'm having laser eye surgery (present to myself for my 45th birthday) on Thursday so I'll be off work Thursday and Friday. My sister is coming to "look after me" so I'll have to teach her the IP way

Our WI for the biggest loser challenge at work is on Monday morning - kind of nice since my regular WI with my coach is Tuesday, I can gauge where I'm at. I still intend to win the challenge though

My son is having his sleepover birthday party tonight - 4, 12 year old boys in my house...yup, I'm a little scared My plan is to throw some pizza and non-caffeinated soft drinks at them then escape to my room to watch the hockey game...good plan, I think!

Jo
Old 09-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #18  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi Sandra! Good luck on the re-start, you'll find lots of inspiration here - I know I do every day!

Good Saturday morning to everyone! I had such a busy week this week at work, I'd like to hope things will quiet down a bit but I don't think that will happen soon.

I'm having laser eye surgery (present to myself for my 45th birthday) on Thursday so I'll be off work Thursday and Friday. My sister is coming to "look after me" so I'll have to teach her the IP way

My son is having his sleepover birthday party tonight - 4, 12 year old boys in my house...yup, I'm a little scared My plan is to throw some pizza and non-caffeinated soft drinks at them then escape to my room to watch the hockey game...good plan, I think!

Jo
Good luck with the eye surgery and the bday sleepover! My daughter is 16 and we took her and 2 friends to Universal Studios for her bday.
3 teenagers in a hotel, they drove me to drink! Lol
Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post

Jo
LOL! Last bday we had eleven 11 and 12 year old girls in the house over night. Luckily, I became unnecessary once I fed them. I only had to assist in washing off makeup before bed! It should be a blast have fun!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

acupuncture.... I have found its got to be the right person and right type. I tried it for insomnia and he used pressure points, it didn't help at all I tried it weekly for several months. The one that worked for me for the SI issue used the meridians and I guess reiki as well while the needles were in. It was amazing, instant relief, I felt the muscles twitch and relax and the pain disappear for the first time in years.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Hello everyone! Today is day 1 for me and I'm really excited to get started. Had my morning coffee with Stevia and skim milk with a little bit of cinnamon, which was better than I though. Cappucino drink is pretty good too!

So glad to have this forum to read and share. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Docsaver

Welcome! This is a great site to learn, lots to search through and read! Everyone is very helpful when you have questions!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Default Good Saturday Afternoon

Hello!

I hope this weekend will a better weekend than last weekend. This is the start of week 2 for me. I am a little hungry today more than yesterday

This AM I had a Wanna Be Frappe from the cappuccino packet, hazel nut coffee and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract blended with ice, it was not too bad.

Lunch 2 c veggies and the IP chili which is super good, except what are the crunchy bits in it?

Dinner I have no idea what I am going to make. we need to make a run to restaurant depot for meat. We can fill the freezer for 6+ months from there and spend abt $300 on beef, chicken, lamb and sea food and get a turkey ( I know its early BUT). I think next weekend we are going after DS football game.

Have a great day!

I tried the cauliflower mashed potato recipe lastnight, YUMMMMMMMYYYY!! my 2 yo was wolfing them down he loved them!!!

Last edited by sarahBell; 09-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

SONOLADY-
65x65
Your issue is not a quick or easy fix, I hope to never have to deal with that. It seems that surgery is the only fix, you poor gal! You'll get through the testing, you are strong! Look how far you've come! I'm sure you're going to a Big medical center here on the east coast right?

Thanks Sonolady-
Yes, I actually live in Delaware, so Christiana Hospital is THE place and is one of the top 100 hospitals in the country. It is only 15 minutes away, and it is also afiliated with Thomas Jefferson Univ Hosp and Medical School in Philadelphia. After the local GI and surgeon weigh in on the total picture we plan to pursue another opinion At Hosp of the Univ of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, or at Jefferson since they have a center of excellence in GI medicine there in case there is a difference of opinion or a curve in interpretation of all this.It is good to be on the east coast along that corridor. We are not far (Less than an hour) from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore either...
Old 09-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #25  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautsmc View Post
Welcome Sandra! Was your IVF cycle a success? I, too have had a struggle with infertility. After 3 years, 3 losses, numerous appointments, pokes, prods and meds, I now sit here with my beautiful 6.5 month old son. Unfortunately, I gained so much weight during pregnancy and I am the heaviest I have ever been. I decided I need to do this for ME and also for him...because he deserves a mom who can play, run and keep up with him...not one that sits on the sidelines and watches him play....he also deserves a mom that is around for a long, long time...this is what keeps me going this time around.
If you would like a "buddy" through this journey, I am in!! Good for you for not giving up and getting back to it. I hope this is the time that is a success for you
Hello there,

Thank you very much for the encouraging words, and yes most definitely I like a buddy through this journey, we are almost at the same weight and we have almost the same target weight.

My IVF was not a success , it's the deepest sadness I ever went through, how I wish I got fat because of having a baby! But no luck! And my husband doesn't even want to hear about trying again while I am at this weight! When I first tried I was less by around 50 pounds and the doctor kept on insisting I should lose weight! So, no trying before I get at least under 200 pounds.

So, this time around, I should lose weight for myself but also since I am still hopeful that maybe one day God will grant me this blessing.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Sorry to hear about the aches and pains in here! Hope relief is found soon for those suffering! And welcome to the newcomers.

Today is a mellow day for me. Hanging out with my boyfriend and his 11-year old. They are editing photos and watching Tin-Tin. I am in the bedroom, about to start studying and listening to WNYC and the rain (a rarity for SF) and - odd as it may seem - admiring my legs in yoga pants, how much thinner they look when I cross them under the computer. I know. Weird. Life feels peaceful.

I have been struggling a lot this last week with the desire to workout again. I miss running. I miss cycling. I miss swimming. This is the time of year where, previously, I would be gearing up for Team in Training's Winter Triathlon season. The chill in the air, crisp and inviting of exercise. Remembering standing on the deck of the pool, encapsulated in the chilly air, longing to be in the water, breaking down my stroke and feeling the water over my neck and shoulders as I swim laps. I miss exercise a lot and, for some reason, am mourning its absence in my life.

Because I am having to study so much, along with work, I cannot really begin entering into the exercise again until after my examination on 10/22. My goal, at this point, is to go to P2 after the examination and begin incorporating swimming and walk-run and light cycling back into my life. I am hoping to get to the point where I can start 1/2 marathon training in January. I miss being active but will need to figure out how to fuel my body in a more IP-compliant manner.

Anyhow - sorry for my ramblings. Happy Saturday all!

Last edited by sarita75; 09-21-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Happy Saturday!! It's a rainy day on the Gulf Coast of Alabama!! Glad we postponed our camping weekend. Made a trip across Mobile Bay to get some Boy Scout scrapbook materials - too bad Michael's & Hobby Lobby don't carry those items anymore. I had stashed a bar in my purse & had to nibble on the way home...I didn't read the package & at first thought my clinic had given me a peanut butter bar (that would have been a bad scene on the BayWay)...it was actually the cookie dough bar. Back at home & ready to work on a Boy Scout scrapbook that hasn't been started & has to be finished in a week!! Have a great weekend!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 276/231/155

Height: 5"4.5

Quote:
Hello there,

Thank you very much for the encouraging words, and yes most definitely I like a buddy through this journey, we are almost at the same weight and we have almost the same target weight.

My IVF was not a success , it's the deepest sadness I ever went through, how I wish I got fat because of having a baby! But no luck! And my husband doesn't even want to hear about trying again while I am at this weight! When I first tried I was less by around 50 pounds and the doctor kept on insisting I should lose weight! So, no trying before I get at least under 200 pounds.

So, this time around, I should lose weight for myself but also since I am still hopeful that maybe one day God will grant me this blessing.
Oh my gosh I am so sorry. I can definitely relate...it is a pain I wouldn't wish on even my worst enemy. Don't give up....I was going to. I decided on one more cycle with Clomid and then I was never trying again. I ended up getting pregnant on that cycle and then the entire pregnancy I was so stressed out just waiting for something to go wrong. I can't blame all of my weight gain on being pregnant. I gained a lot before hand, too.
If you are on FB, maybe we could connect there and keep in touch? If so, PM me with your info and I will friend you.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!! You're right, too...our present and goal weights are so similar it will be awesome to have a buddy to lose almost the same pound right along side of me!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/230/145

Height: 5' 4"

I am new to Ideal Protein, started yesterday. Looks like there is lots of good information here! I have been doing Atkins for over a year. Has anyone else started IP straight from Atkins? If so, how was your experience? Thanks.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
I have been struggling a lot this last week with the desire to workout again. I miss running. I miss cycling. I miss swimming. This is the time of year where, previously, I would be gearing up for Team in Training's Winter Triathlon season. The chill in the air, crisp and inviting of exercise. Remembering standing on the deck of the pool, encapsulated in the chilly air, longing to be in the water, breaking down my stroke and feeling the water over my neck and shoulders as I swim laps. I miss exercise a lot and, for some reason, am mourning its absence in my life.

Because I am having to study so much, along with work, I cannot really begin entering into the exercise again until after my examination on 10/22. My goal, at this point, is to go to P2 after the examination and begin incorporating swimming and walk-run and light cycling back into my life. I am hoping to get to the point where I can start 1/2 marathon training in January. I miss being active but will need to figure out how to fuel my body in a more IP-compliant manner.

Anyhow - sorry for my ramblings. Happy Saturday all!
I would like to suggest a book that might help you. I am not near my copy but I think it is called " The art and science of low carb performance" can't think of the author either. You might find it an interesting read. Just a thought.
Closed Thread