Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbrown2 View Post
It is alot of egg.. but I ate it..
This might work for someone who would like to split up their protein between lunch and dinner.... When you don't whip too much air into the egg, and bake it in the oven in a medium sized ramekin or some kind of small corning or pyrexware...it turns out very smooth and is not as much volume...
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #17  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

LOVE LOVE LOVE all these recipes ideas!! keep em comin ladies ..

I will add to the pot

1 or 2 chicken breast cut into pieces (as big or as small as you want)
1 clove of garlic
2c veggies (mushrooms, spinich, tomatoes, peppers - anything you like)
1TB oil

1. add cut up chicken, minced garlic, and seasonings to taste in bowl and mix ingredients together to fully coat chicken
2. heat oil in pan - once heated add and brown chicken
3. once the chicken is mostly cooked and browned to perfection, add veggies and cover - shake pan a little to get evreyhting browned
4. Add water to the pan - about 1/4 - 1/2 a cup - depending on how much gravy you want
5. add alittle more seasing (i do a bit of basil) and cover and simmer until chicken is fully cook - dont simmer too long or the chicken will be chewy
6. I add this little yummy mixture atop some mashed cauliflower ... and usually cant finish it all ..

Tweak to your liking or try it with beef too
caressme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #18  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

I've been digging stir fry of any meat and veggies (I prefer chicken, jalapenos, zuchinni and mushroom) served over shredded (almost noodle like) lettuce. The crunchy cool lettuce complements the spicy hot.

Last edited by clbott; 09-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
clbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

Default Portobello Mushroom Pizza

Right now I have an excess of tomatoes in the garden, so I've enjoyed the portobello pizza recipe. I found it here: http://andoverdietcenter.com/mushroom-pizza.

I just dice and saute 1 tomato for each mushroom cap in EVOO along with 1 teaspoon of garlic per cap and 1 leak. Then I cut the stem off the giant portobello, fill it with the sauce and bake for 12 minutes. This is one of my favorites for days when I have already eaten meat with lunch and need a meat-free dinner. It's filling and it takes a while to eat. I usually do 3 mushrooms and that is plenty.
2much2do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #20  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I like to make an egg and ground beef scramble with spinach. I split the 8 oz of protein as 2 eggs + 1 white and 4 oz ground beef. I season and fry the beef first, set to the side then I sautee 2 cups of spinach, set that to the side then scramble the eggs and mix it all together. I serve it with WF ketchup. I love this, can also use 4 oz lean ham- but I have a hard time finding ham without added sugar.

After reading this thread I might try it with shredded zucchini too!
Mmmm, this looks good. I'm going to try it! Thanks for sharing
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #21  

Another one...
Take two italian turkey or chicken sausages, just make sure no carbs, and cook in pan or grill.
Sautee mushrooms, green and red peppers and serve with mustard and fresh onion for a kick.
Delish.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi-

I have been going through a few old cookbooks looking for some IP Phase 1 friendly recipes. Here are some of the ones I have found. More to follow!

THESE ARE ALL FOR 2 SERVINGS

Thai Turkey
1t sesame oil
2C shredded cabbage
4 scallions sliced
1/2t crushed red pepper flakes
1 C cooked turkey or chicken
2T dry roast peanuts
2t lime juice
1t soy sauce
2T fresh basil

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add coleslaw, scallion, red pepper; cook until cabbage begine to wilt.
stir in turkey, peanuts, lime juice and soy sauce, stir frequently, for about 3 min, stir in basil.
Serve in a bowl or with tortilla

Pork and Cabbage Slaw
1T rice vinegar
2t ginger
2t soy sauce
1t sesame oil
1 packet stevia or splenda
2C shredded cabbage
1C cooked chopped pork
2 sliced scallions (white and green portions)

Mix together vinegar, ginger, soy sauce, oil and sweetener. Add cabbage, pork and scallion, Toss and serve.

Shrimp with lime vinaigrette
8 large shrimp, peeled
1T lime juice
2 t sweetener
1t EVOO
1t cider vinegar
1t Dijon mustard
1t chopped cilantro
1/4 t crushed red pepper
boil shrimp, 3-4 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water, pat the shrimp dry. stir together the lime juice, sweetener, vinegar, mustard, red pepper, stir in shrimp. Serve over a salad and use the liquid as salad dressing.

Roast Chicken Breast with asparagus

2 T whole grain Dijon
1 T fresh Tarragon or 1t dried
1 garlic clove minced
1 t EVOO
1 splenda packet
1/2 t salt
1 skinless bone-in chicken breast (aprox. 1 1/2lb)
1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
2 lemon wedges (for garnish0
Other veggies can be added

preheat oven to 400, spray a baking pan with non-stick spray. Combine the mustard, tarragon, garlic, oil, sweetener, and salt in a bowl. Place chicken Breast side up in the middle of the baking pan. Add the veggies to the bowl of seasoning, toss and add to the baking pan. Cook for 35-40 minutes.

Flank Steak with asparagus and red peppers

1 T reduced sodium soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 t ground cumin
1/2 lb flank steak, trimmed of all visible fat.
1 bunch (1 lb) asparagus
2 small red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
1 1/2 t EVOO
1/2 t salt
2 T chives (for garnish)

Combine soy sauce, garlic, cumin in a zip close bag, add the steak. Marinate at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425. Toss the asparagus with the oil and salt in a roasting pan. Spread out the vegetables into one layer, roast for 15-17 min. Remove steak from bag and pat dry with a paper towel, Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and cook over med-high heat. Add the steak and cook until done to taste (rare, med…). Remove steak from heat, put on a cutting board and reat for 5 min. Cut steak into approximately 10 slices. Add the chives to the vegetables, toss and serve with the steak.

While I know the flank steak is not on program I thought I would post it with the nutritional information and let people decide for themselves.
Per serving, (5 slices of steak and 1 1/4 C veg.)
264 Cal. 12 g fat, 492 mg sodium, 11 g Carb, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein

Last edited by I can do anything; 09-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #23  

This is a great idea to have a thread that does not involve packet hacks...I am more into what I can do to modify existing recipes into an IP friendly form so I can use it long term to help me stay good! Plus my husband is NOT oposed to eating an IP friendly dinner and it makes life good to be able to fix something nice we both can enjoy...and NO ONE feels deprived! That is a biggie for me...not feeling deprived!

Originally I posted this on the daily chat earlier week...thought I'd make the effort to get some of the things that worked for me in one of the threads that may stay active long enough to help someone...
Bon Appetitte!

I do have a deep freeze and LOVE it...recently have been taking advantage of the summers harvest and am making stuffed peppers. I wrap and freeze them individually as they are great for last minute or rushed dinners as well as great when hubby travels and I don't want to cook...or when I visit the grandkids ...and he is on his own. I don't use rice or starch in them since being on p1..last winter. I began using chopped roasted vegetables in the meat mixture instead of rice...and that change is a keeper!! Yesterday...I one upped myself by chopping/small the zuchinni, mushrooms and the pepper top scraps ....tossing with olive oil and garlic powder S & P etc..... then roasting the tiny pieces on a cookie sheet and adding them to browned ground meat and some diced tomatoes while still warm. Instead of blanching the pepper shells...I then put them on the cookie sheets...and roasted them!! Then filled the shells with the mixture of roasted vegs,and seasoned meat! EASY PEASY cleanup! Also used red orange and yellow bell peppers as well as green for this and they really looked pretty nice!

These are completely IP Phase 1 friendly...and the rest of the family should like them too...! You'll just need to measure and calculate...so you get the amounts correct as far as the chopped vegetables and meat serving for yourself. I'll never go back to adding rice to these...If someone wants rice...I suggest serving it on the side. Make your life easier!

Old 09-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #24  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Does the WF blue cheese taste good?? I really like the thousand island.
I just bought the WF Blue Cheese dressing and I like it.. I also like the thousand island but not the ranch.. i just bought the chocolate sauce and strawberry sauce but have no idea what I would put them on.. ? so far just putting a but in my protein shakes for a bit of a different flavour.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #25  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

I cook chicken and zucchini in the crock pot (glad I checked over my post-THAT would have been an embarrassing typo!)

Spray crock pot.
Cube or chunk your zucchini and place in crock. Layer chicken breasts on top of zukes.
Cover with some canned diced tomatoes (or fresh).
Sprinkle some oregano, basil, garlic, whatever you like on top.
Cook away!

When you come home from work, a yummy dinner is served!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

I have made "gently scrambled" eggs using 4 whole and 2 whites and adding Greek seasoning and folding in fresh baby spinach - I loved it! Typically, I would have added some tomatoes and feta, but it was actually really good without!
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

I made a ham soup last week, which I am also going to make tonight because it was so yummy.

I took 4 ham steak, (24 oz total) and cut them up
8 C of OP veggies. I used, kale, peppers, zucchini, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, but you could use any ones you like.
64 oz of fat free beef broth (2boxes)
1 T EVOO to sauté to the garlic
1t ground cloves
1/2 t red pepper flakes
1t ground mustard

First I sautéed the garlic in the EVOO
added the ham for 2-3 minutes
added the veggies, broth, and spices
brought to a boil
then simmered it for 40 minutes

YUMMY (I have it in 4 servings as my main meal)
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:07 AM   #28  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I like to make an egg and ground beef scramble with spinach. I split the 8 oz of protein as 2 eggs + 1 white and 4 oz ground beef. I season and fry the beef first, set to the side then I sautee 2 cups of spinach, set that to the side then scramble the eggs and mix it all together. I serve it with WF ketchup. I love this, can also use 4 oz lean ham- but I have a hard time finding ham without added sugar.

After reading this thread I might try it with shredded zucchini too!
I will have to try this -- it sounds really good!
bluegirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #29  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I make cauliflower rice and use it as a base for a variety of stir fry dishes. I cut up a head of cauliflower and put the florets in my blender. I pulse it until it is a crumbly texture, just like rice. I heat grapeseed oil (i use coconut oil sometimes, depending on the flavor I am after) in a large skillet and saute the rice in it til tender, but not mushy. Many people microwave it first, but there is no need to take that extra step. I have seen others pat it or squeeze it to remove extra moisture, but that is only necessary when making it into tortillas. Which is another wonderful recipe, but I don't have it handy right now.

My favorite thing to do is mix shelled and veined shrimp (i use fully cooked) with blackening spices in a bowl and let it sit for 15 minutes. I saute the shrimp in grapeseed oil, remove it from the pan, and deglaze the pan with a little fat free, organic chicken broth and simmer til it reduces. I put the "rice" on a serving platter, top with shrimp. And drizzle the sauce over top. My family loves this!

Last edited by dak1lls; 10-20-2013 at 09:39 AM.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I make cauliflower rice and use it as a base for a variety of stir fry dishes. I cut up a head of cauliflower and put the florets in my blender. I pulse it until it is a crumbly texture, just like rice. I heat grapeseed oil (i use coconut oil sometimes, depending on the flavor I am after) in a large skillet and saute the rice in it til tender, but not mushy. Many people microwave it first, but there is no need to take that extra step. I have seen others pat it or squeeze it to remove extra moisture, but that is only necessary when making it into tortillas. Which is another wonderful recipe, but I don't have it handy right now.

My favorite thing to do is mix shelled and veined shrimp (i use fully cooked) with blackening spices in a bowl and let it sit for 15 minutes. I saute the shrimp in grapeseed oil, remove it from the pan, and deglaze the pan with a little fat free, organic chicken broth and simmer til it reduces. I put the "rice" on a serving platter, top with shrimp. And drizzle the sauce over top. My family loves this!
Gotta try this...it really does not sound too messy! My OCD about the state of the kitchen after dinner is a real problem....
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote