Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #31  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Just got home from Costco where I was loading up on veggies. The cashier said, "there is nothing bad in this cart, it's all good stuff." Made me smile
Old 09-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #32  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Woo hoo! -3.2 this week. Good bye 170's! 9 lbs to goal!!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 269/240/150

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

Hi I'm Ivey and i am new to this. I have been on Ideal Protein for about 11 weeks now. I have lost 30 lbs but the inches are coming off slow. I go for 2, 30 minute walks Monday to Friday. I hear people say they loss weight and inches fast and i feel like its slow i am following it right and i don't cheat at all. Is this weight loss normal and i am worried about nothing. Just looking for a little advice.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #34  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello,

The dietician at our local hospital has invited me to share a testimonial with local doctors about my journey with Ideal Protein so far. (I go to the Ideal Protein Clinic that is located at a pharmacy near the hospital.)

So today I as I was beginning to prepare, I asked one of my secretaries to take a photo of me. I thought it would be a good idea to see the 'before' and the 'now' (I can't say after, because I still have about 60 pounds to go.)

Although:

*people have been commenting on my weight loss
*I can see the weight loss happening from day to day

suddenly seeing the side by side photos of a 67 pound weight loss is astonishing! I keep having to pinch myself: is this real?

The funny thing is that the last time I weighed 218 pounds (which is what I clocked in at this morning), I thought then that I was absolutely morbidly, super supremely obese. And now seeing today's photo, I think, 'I don't look so bad!'

So if there are ever any days that I feel 'fat' from now on, I am going to tell myself, 'it could be worse!'

And if 'you' have any doubts about the programme, mark my words. If you stick to it and don't cheat, it really works. Thank you Ideal Protein!

sending love,
Annik

ps seeing today's photo reminds me that I need a haircut!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg therese.april30.13.jpeg (19.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg tk.sept.6.13.jpg (30.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #35  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
So glad it's Friday!

Had my second WI yesterday. Down 3.6 for a total of 13.2 in two weeks! And I've lost 15.5 inches! I doubt there is any other plan that would give results like that! I'm really glad I finally got my head in the right place to do it.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
That's awesome! Congrats!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #36  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Hello,

The dietician at our local hospital has invited me to share a testimonial with local doctors about my journey with Ideal Protein so far. (I go to the Ideal Protein Clinic that is located at a pharmacy near the hospital.)

So today I as I was beginning to prepare, I asked one of my secretaries to take a photo of me. I thought it would be a good idea to see the 'before' and the 'now' (I can't say after, because I still have about 60 pounds to go.)

Although:

suddenly seeing the side by side photos of a 67 pound weight loss is astonishing! I keep having to pinch myself: is this real?

The funny thing is that the last time I weighed 218 pounds (which is what I clocked in at this morning), I thought then that I was absolutely morbidly, super supremely obese. And now seeing today's photo, I think, 'I don't look so bad!'

So if there are ever any days that I feel 'fat' from now on, I am going to tell myself, 'it could be worse!'

And if 'you' have any doubts about the programme, mark my words. If you stick to it and don't cheat, it really works. Thank you Ideal Protein!

sending love,
Annik

Wow! What awesome results! Very inspiring.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #37  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Just got home from Costco where I was loading up on veggies. The cashier said, "there is nothing bad in this cart, it's all good stuff." Made me smile
That would make me smile too - especially in a place like Costco with all those temptations! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Woo hoo! -3.2 this week. Good bye 170's! 9 lbs to goal!!!!
I cried when I hit the 160s - welcome and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivey View Post
Hi I'm Ivey and i am new to this. I have been on Ideal Protein for about 11 weeks now. I have lost 30 lbs but the inches are coming off slow. I go for 2, 30 minute walks Monday to Friday. I hear people say they loss weight and inches fast and i feel like its slow i am following it right and i don't cheat at all. Is this weight loss normal and i am worried about nothing. Just looking for a little advice.
30 pounds in 11 weeks is an average of 2.7 pounds per month, unless I am way off in my math functioning (highly likely, but I did use a calculator). I think you are worried about nothing. 2.7 is AWESOME! Sometimes it comes off faster and sometimes it is slower. Just remember, like so many have said before me, this is a process. You didn't put the weight on overnight and so it is not going to go away overnight. Hug!

Quote:
Hello,

Although:

sending love,
Annik

Congrats!!!! That's awesome. We have been on IP for about the same amount of time and my losses average about 3.15# per week. Its an amazing transformation though, isn't it?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #38  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Sarita,

It is awesome! I can't quite believe it!

Another thing I have been reflecting on since posting is that when I was 287, I didn't think I looked 'that' fat.

It is an odd thing: When I have weighed much less, I thought I was obese. When I was super-morbidly obsese (which i was with a bmi of 44.3), I wasn't internally connecting with how I was presenting to the world.

No internal connection either way.

When I looked at the photos you recently posted, Sarita, I thought, 'wow ... what an amazing transformation. She looks so great!'. Yet I could not mentally connect with just how that same process was showing up on me.

I am wondering what this is all about from a 'psychological' point of view.

One thing it teaches me is that I am a person who needs to very routinely check in with a scale. Sidebar to this: I also need to track what I eat.

life... a learning journey.

Annik

ps when I saw my brother during vacation last week, he asked me if I had new glasses. I said 'No, they are the same ones. My face just isn't so puffy anymore so they must look different and bigger!'

Last edited by Annik; 09-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #39  

Annik: isn't it amazing when we start gettin back in touch with our bodies?

Ivey: you're losing between 2-3 lbs per week average. You are doing great. Keep up the no cheats and you'll get to your goal before you know it!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 269/240/150

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

Thank you for your words of encouragement, it means alot.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Today was jeans day at school. I knew the ones I had been wearing were too baggy & wouldn't wear them anymore. I pulled out my stash of the next size down (hubby asked if I had been shopping & I said yes, in the back of the closet!). I chose not to wear jeans today because the ones I wanted to wear "almost fit," but not quite. That was very reassuring. In the meantime, I pulled out several size 14 pants that I'm getting rid of - yippee!! A definite NSV since the weight loss this past week was only 0.4 pounds.

Last edited by kkids; 09-06-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

MistysIPJourney Our stats are similar, although the only 4lb loss was the first week. The inches are slow to move, 1/2 here 1/4 there, but I dont have far to go and my diet was pretty healthy, except I used to love my lemondrop martinis, and half a loaf of whole grain bread dipped in evoo. I know those items will be rare and not ever nearly as much bread after the weight is gone. I am now where I was 10 yrs ago before moving to the other end of the state. Hubby doesnt want me to lose more, but I would like another 10lbs, the coachs tell me "you gain a few back in phase3". I'd rather gain back to where I am , not up from here.

Thank you all for your suggestions, I am taking them all in. Now off to make deviled eggs, 4 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, WF chipotle mayo, mustard S&P. A cup of celery sticks and maybe red pepper strips too.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Morning, Everybody!

Day 3 of my little shake up. I am liking having my big meal for lunch and my "lunch" for dinner. I feel like I have more energy in the evenings.

I am also proud -- and astonished -- to report that I drank a full gallon of water yesterday. I really didn't think it could be done, but you water-drinkers around here showed me different. Thanks for always teaching and inspiring.

Now, let's all make it a great, losing day!
I hope you are taking in plenty of salt. My coach recommended more salt with all the water I was drinking, because I started getting Charlie horses really bad....
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #44  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Hello,

Although:

sending love,
Annik

I love, love, love this!!!

Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't been around much, this week back to work has been kicking my tail but it's the weekend and fingers crossed, next week will be better.

Lot of NSV's for me this week - tons of people have been commenting on how good I look and how it looks like I've lost more weight than I have. A co-worker even told me I'm suffering from "baggy butt" syndrome with my jeans today

It's my birthday on Monday and the tradition at work is for someone to bring cake. I told them to go ahead and bring a cake for everyone but I will be making/bringing my own. There were a few upset people - "why are you making your own cake??" - until I explained that I found a recipe using IP products (the Valentine's cupcake) and in order to enjoy cake with them, I'll have to make my own. I can't wait to try it!

Jo
Old 09-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,
Just got back from my week 4 WI, and am down another 2.2! Total for the 4 weeks is 17.2 pounds and 15 inches .

COngrats to all of you who are staying on plan, closing in on goal, and buying up all the veggies at Costco!

Make it a great weekend!

M.
Closed Thread