Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good Evening! This is my first real post since starting IP and lurking on the forum about 7 weeks ago. I am just so darn happy with my NSV tonight.

I was home alone, kids and DH all off in multiple directions, and I stayed OP! It felt like a really big deal, because in the old days, when i had a dinner on my own, my first thought went to planning the big treat I could have since I was "lonely." Tonight my treat was chicken breasts and delish sauteed spinach. Victory tastes way better than a cheeseburger.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

3rd WI today. 2.1 pounds this week (total since I began on August 5 is 13.2 pounds) & 6 3/4". I'm very excited that this lifestyle & the fact that I began taking thyroid meds will help me be extremely successful.
Reading through the posts, I am very encouraged by those who are sharing both their successes & their UGH moments. Thanks because it all helps support everyone as they work toward their goals. I also know that I can't compare my results with someone else's b/c we're all different, but it's hard not to compare!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

It is my TOM, my first since starting ip and I feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck. I am not sure if it is coincidence but I haven't felt this way on the program and, usually I don't during the TOM. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 08-28-2013, 11:02 PM   #79  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I have one of those bigger oval crockpots, so I don't "stuff" it, I just "put" it. You can put whatever spices (lemon pepper or BBQ spices or whatever you like) on the chicken. I don't put in any water. The chicken has enough moisture all by itself. Literally, I just put it in there frozen. So much better than the rotisserie chickens that have been injected with sugars and other carbs & other non-chicken stuff... (make sure you are buying chickens that have not been injected. I buy mine at a farm).

Crockpots are my savior...food in there in the am...dinner ready when I get home from work!
Excellent! Now I know how to crockpot a chicken! The farmer's market I go to, there's a farm that sells organic/free range chickens. I'm eating a breast from there tonight for supper. I guess I'll check out their whole chickens. I can only assume that there's nothing injected in those babies
Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #80  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Thank you for posting this...I've long suspected other clinics were doing more measurements than mine...I don't have neck, shoulder or calf measurements. I'm still a little disturbed, though. I've lost 35.4 lbs, but am way behind you in inches - 32 for you versus 20.75 for me (I didn't include the neck, shoulder and calf). I'm confused as to why I seem to be so behind everyone else in dropping sizes
Take a moment and take a deep breath. Number one rule NEVER compare your results to anyone else's! Be it pounds or inches, just don't do it. ok?
Secondly have you thought about it this way.. The more measurements being taken, it naturally follows that there will be more inches lost (for the same amount of weight)? You said yourself that She has three sets of measurements that you don't, so did you subtract those lost inches of hers? Honestly right now its like your comparing an apple to a treadmill.

Be gentle with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
It is my TOM, my first since starting ip and I feel like I have been hit by a Mac truck. I am not sure if it is coincidence but I haven't felt this way on the program and, usually I don't during the TOM. Has anyone else had this happen?
My first TOM on IP hit me the same way, longer harder stronger than ever before. Since then they are much more normal. I drank a LOT of hot tea through that first one. Good Luck dear *hugs*

Umm I cut myself fairly badly last night . . a visit to the ER and five stitches later, a night without sleep due to just too much pain and well I am one grouchy girl. Also I am not supposed to work for six days, I feel so bad about that as I know work is really busy and they need me as one of the other employees had an emergency too and had to take time off. *le sigh*
Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All, crazy work day, just logging on for the first time.. I had my first weight in today, day 6 of IP - as coach going on holidays, and am down 5.6 pounds.. he reviewed my food log and apparently I am not good at following directions, hence maybe why the killer headaches.. I have been making some bad choices for my evening dinner meals and meat I messed up more than a few times with things I thought were ok but def need to read the sheet closer.. he says that is probably why I am not in ketosis yet and still having headaches.. live and learn I will watch my meat selections a lot closer now.. Hope everyone else had a great day.
I'm calling BS
Meat choices ( higher fat?) will NOT keep you out of Ketosis. Higher carbs do that. Atkins is a higher fat low carb plan & people definitely are in Ketosis on Atkins Induction.
Congrats on 5.6 lbs in 6 days. I'd say you're in Ketosis!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm calling BS
Meat choices ( higher fat?) will NOT keep you out of Ketosis. Higher carbs do that. Atkins is a higher fat low carb plan & people definitely are in Ketosis on Atkins Induction.
Congrats on 5.6 lbs in 6 days. I'd say you're in Ketosis!
Yes, I was wondering what these alleged "bad meat choices" are!! Unless you ate LOTS of products with fillers, but I can't imagine even that would knock you out. Certainly some choices could limit fat loss, but not affect Ketosis.

Post your menus here and the veteran IPers here can probably give you better feedback!!
Closed Thread