Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
You are all so helpful. I just need to get this out to people who will understand. I'm having a rough couple of days with my mom in the hospital. I am responsible for making medical decisions when she can't, and she can't right now. I really, really wanted to pick up fast food for comfort and because I'm just spent. I didn't. I went home and made pork loin, couscous and corn for the man, and cauliflower for me. But - I just ate a snack off-plan. I don't feel better. In fact, my tummy is full. Despite that, my brain keeps saying, "go get more". I am going to bed soon, which will turn off that emotional eating voice. I wish I would have done it earlier. I'm in P3 and so close to maintenance. This moment has reminded me of just how important this group is for support. I know I could do better. I also know I could have done worse. It's my goal to be conscious but kind to myself during this time. Thank you all for your honesty. It makes a difference.
I seriously understand where you are coming from. My mom has been the hospital 5 times since November, three times in rehab. She lung cancer, recurring breast cancer and dementia. She is home alone and not a mement of the day I am not worried about her. It is the absolute worst stress I've ever been through!

Hang in there! If you need to vent PM me. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Stay strong.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #47  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
You are all so helpful. I just need to get this out to people who will understand. I'm having a rough couple of days with my mom in the hospital. I am responsible for making medical decisions when she can't, and she can't right now. I really, really wanted to pick up fast food for comfort and because I'm just spent. I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You are right. You could have done worse. We all need an arsenal against the emotional eating army that will wage war against us whenever it has an opportunity.
The emotional component is SO hard. I am sorry that it is rough for you but you did do good insofar as choosing not to pick up fast food. As for the rest - onwards and upwards. Lay your head down, breathe deeply (or, if you are like me, have a little boo-hoo to adjust the attitude) and fall asleep. Tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Yum. Never would have thought about pancake syrup on salmon fillets. Going to give that a try!
I love the WF pancake syrup. Last night my thoughtful husband made me "honey garlic" chicken fingers with it....for a crunchy coating he used the soy patty, then tossed the baked fingers in the sauce which was comprised of the syrup, soy sauce and crushed garlic. I have also mixed it with Dijon to make a sauce for pork tenderloin. Hard to feel deprived when you eat meals like that!
Closed Thread