Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Scorbett. I do have a pair of my jeans from the beginning. I will try that out. I'm not a picture taker (I'm usually behind the camera), so not too many pics of me at any point. I do have one of me from Halloween that may work. I'm sure I was about the same size then as in Jan before I started IP.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Thanks Scorbett. I do have a pair of my jeans from the beginning. I will try that out. I'm not a picture taker (I'm usually behind the camera), so not too many pics of me at any point. I do have one of me from Halloween that may work. I'm sure I was about the same size then as in Jan before I started IP.
I just noticed something else from your signature - you are only 14lbs away from your second mini goal!!! That's awesome!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

sorry to post back to back

delivery just came from plain protein: I ordered supplements. I used the free shipping that was supposed to be 7-10 days: I ordered on Thursday and it is here today. I also used the code and got 10% off.

I feel like it is Christmas: When I opened the box they included 12 full size samples of their new products along with Real salt in packets and some samples of the ice chips candy sweetened with Xylitol (all for free) .

just thought some of you might want to know this....
Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
aliboo723 -
I know what you mean - I NEVER dreamed I looked like I looked at my heaviest - I see pictures of me from then and know I never saw that when I looked in the mirror. - This is a mental game too. It is called body dysmorphia and works both ways: anorexics see themselves as fat in the mirror: morbidly obese people like me saw a slightly chubby girl in the mirror.

Whats helping me is photos. and save 1 pair of your biggest pants to try on - then you can see the difference.

I have lost 117 since my heighest weight last may and still took put out my box of capris size 24 and even though I am now a size 14 I tried on every single pair. I can't believe I thought any of them would fit??!

It was amazing to see how huge they were. This is when I started to realize - I am smaller. It takes the mind a long time to catch up especially if the original mental picture of yourself was not accurate.

Hang in there
Thanks! I think this is what I have to keep thinking.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I just noticed something else from your signature - you are only 14lbs away from your second mini goal!!! That's awesome!
Thanks! I'm excited about that too. I'm a very goal/task oriented person, so setting these has helped.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

sorry to repeat what Scorbett said : I must have been typing my post when she posted hers.

Its good to know we gave the same advice....
Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/151/<140

Height: 5' 8''

Hi everyone. I wasn't sure whether to post this here or start a new thread, so I'm sorry if this is out of place.

Anyways, I've been on this diet since May 9th and have been pretty successful as I've already lost 15 pounds. I have cheated about once per week on the diet and on a few other occasions have had much more meat than I am supposed to. Though I have been successful so far, I know the weight is going to become more difficult to come off, and I know I need to get more serious. Not only do I want to lose the weight as soon as possible, but I want to show myself that I can do it and am stronger than food. I figure if I can stay strong, I will be onto phase 2 in five weeks as I will phase off once I hit 140.

I was just wondering if you guys can give any tips. I want this so badly, but it's different when I'm sitting in front of food. My life is pretty centered around food as my entire family is overweight. So if you guys could give any tips about staying strong. I want to be 100% on program for the next five weeks.

Also, I know that 100% on program means 3 packets, 6 oz cooked meat, 4 cups veggies, water, and vitamins. BUT what about the more gray area stuff? Are we allowed to have Powerade Zero or Sparkling Ice? I want a definitive answer on this, and if you guys do allow them, how much do you consume each day?

Thank you guys so much!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 172/139/110

Height: 5"1'

Hello everyone. So Happy that after going to three grocery stores I finally found a store that had a wide variety of Walden Farm products! Yay!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
sorry to repeat what Scorbett said : I must have been typing my post when she posted hers.

Its good to know we gave the same advice....
Thanks! That's why I decided to post here. So much good information from people who have been there!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #55  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Hello everyone

I'm back!!!! Been away from the board since January. We were in Florida all winter (which was amazing) and was so happy and proud that I had lost 10 lbs. shortly after I got there. Then I started to cheat!!!

Now I'm back home, started doing the Vibrogym at my clinic...but still cheating. So I decided to stop the diet for the weekend, and today I'm back 100% OP.

Would need some encouragement here peeps....help me!!! I'm still down a few pounds since January, but need to loose another 50!

I've also changed my goal weight from 150 to 180. How do I change that on my 'ticker'?

Last edited by PepperTown; 06-03-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #56  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hello everyone - It's a sad day for me. This morning I had to put down my favorite pair of Columbia Pants. The ones that had the extra zipper on the side that my iPhone fit in perfectly. They also had the little coin pocket tucked away inside the pocket. I will truly miss those pants. We've had a long life together (one month). I will take you back to where we first met (Goodwill). I hope you they reincarnate themselves and get reborn into a size smaller. Goodbye old friend
"Put down"!! BAaaaaaa! Congrats on moving through the sizes so quickly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Congrats on the halfway point and size 14's.

My back problems have pretty much gone away since on IP. I've only been to the chiropractor twice since starting. I had been going 2-3 times a week when it was at its worst, along with PT.
Wow...you're almost at your goal weight! Congrats!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #57  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Sorry for the silly post, but I have FINALLY have a signature! Woot!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #58  
Started IP 11/28/12

I've been exercising on the IP protocol and it's slowed down my weight loss even though I was eating back some of the calories I had lost during exercise. So now, I've gone back to not exercising and lost 5 lbs in one week. lol!

So I'm just going to relax and wait until I've lost all the weight before I go back t o exercising, except for the occasional bike ride.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #59  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Having a bummed out week.
Since Jan I have lost 42 lbs. Yay for me!!! People have really started to notice. They ask me if I feel better now. I say yes because that's what they want to hear. I feel fine, not much different though. What I'm dealing with right now is weird. I am happily losing weight and inches. That's not the issue. I just don't feel good about myself.
I went from a super tight size 22 to a loose 18 or sometimes even a 16. I just don't see myself any different. Logically I know my body is smaller, I just don't feel smaller. I spent a lot of my life overweight (since 4th grade on an off) and a bunch of years at this size (16/18). I guess maybe I didn't see myself as big as I was at a 22/24 and always thought I was this size (16/18). I don't know. I just wish the funk would wear off. A couple weeks ago I was at a really great feeling place. Now I feel fat all over again. Maybe I'm just being self conscious because people are seeing the change.
I'm 100% OP and getting everything I should. It's just an emotionally bad feeling.
Just needed to put it out there.
TAKE PICTURES!!!! The Mirror Lies. Get out from behind the camera and start taking pictures of yourself, full length pictures in the same outfit every week (so you can see the shrink). You don't have to show anyone but yourself. Yes, it's hard to see yourself in the beginning, at the end I was wearing size 2 jeans & size XS/S tops and still felt like a size 16-18/XXL girl. I've been overweight since elementary school and it's hard to break out of that mentality, especially with such a fast loss, this is why YOU MUST TAKE PICTURES. My coach took my before picture at our first meeting and it was a slap in the face for me. The first 2 years of my sons life there is no record of me as his mom because I was embarrassed to have my picture taken.

When you get the courage, start posting up all your new outfits here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...=wearing+today
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...=wearing+today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprotein View Post
Hi,
I am with IP for 5 weeks and this is my 6th week on IP. My target to loose is 20 pounds. I lost 14 pounds so far. For last two weeks I am not reducing much.. just one pound a week. Mostly my net carbs falls in 18-25. I am kind of disappointed for not loosing my weight. I am logging my food in myfitnesspal.com
Just throwing it out there, but the closer you get to goal the slower the losses may become, especially if you are "little".

Last edited by LizRR; 06-03-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #60  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

to all the new members.

Amber: exercise has not been an aid in my weight loss and I typically lose more when I don't. But, I love my routine.

Scorbett: I like the suggestion to take pictures to help with the distortion. I spent so many years hiding from the camera, I am the photographer and no one takes my pictures. Tine to change that to help with my brain to body connection.
Closed Thread