Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/29/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Tomorrow is WI number two and I am so anxious for it. I have been so good and have not cheated at all! Very proud of myself.

Last night I made a delicious soup with chicken and lots of yummy veggies. I made mine separately so I could be sure about amounts. Normally I would not have put spinach in soup, but I am being more creative now. My son and husband loved their soup. My son even made a point to ask what was in it!

I know it has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure where.....I am looking for suggestions on the big C. I had surgery just over 2 months ago and stopped taking metamucil when I started IP, due to the amount of sugar. My coach mentioned they have some type of product that they are out of. So, I need suggestions on something to take. It is getting uncomfortable and is important I not strain, plus I am feeling very bloated.

Thanks in advance! I hope everyone has a great IP day!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Tomorrow is WI number two and I am so anxious for it. I have been so good and have not cheated at all! Very proud of myself.

Last night I made a delicious soup with chicken and lots of yummy veggies. I made mine separately so I could be sure about amounts. Normally I would not have put spinach in soup, but I am being more creative now. My son and husband loved their soup. My son even made a point to ask what was in it!

I know it has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure where.....I am looking for suggestions on the big C. I had surgery just over 2 months ago and stopped taking metamucil when I started IP, due to the amount of sugar. My coach mentioned they have some type of product that they are out of. So, I need suggestions on something to take. It is getting uncomfortable and is important I not strain, plus I am feeling very bloated.

Thanks in advance! I hope everyone has a great IP day!
Smooth Move tea (a senna based tea, available at many supermarkets and Wal Mart) - just make sure you follow the steeping directions on the box.

Sugar Free metamucil/fiber powder, or psyllium husks.

Miralax if the above doesn't produce any results. Start with 1 dose a day for a few days (it is not a stimulant, but an osmotic - it draws water to the colon to soften things up so it takes a bit to work). If nothing happens for a few days, do one dose in the morning and one in the evening.

Good luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #4  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Smooth Move tea (a senna based tea, available at many supermarkets and Wal Mart) - just make sure you follow the steeping directions on the box.

Miralax if the above doesn't produce any results. Start with 1 dose a day for a few days (it is not a stimulant, but an osmotic - it draws water to the colon to soften things up so it takes a bit to work). If nothing happens for a few days, do one dose in the morning and one in the evening.

Good luck!
Thank you for the tips. I almost bought the sugar free metamucil but noticed it has aspartame, so i put it back. I will try the Miralax.

On a side note, DH and I planted our flowers yesterday and placed pots around the outside on patio and decks. They look so pretty! With all the rain we've been having it is nice to finally see the sunshine. It also took my mind off my weight loss. It seems I can think of nothing else lately! The time seems to pass so much faster when I am busy.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone from a dreary CT. :-(

I caught up on the remaining posts from yesterday and feel the same as a lot of women out there - how can we lose such significant amounts of weight, look better, have our clothes fit better, yet still feel "fat"? It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

These past couple days, I feel no different than the day in March I said, "I've gotta do something about this damn weight?!"...despite making significant progress and fitting into my skinny jeans again which haven't seen the light of day for years!

Is it all just mental trickery?
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
Good morning everyone from a dreary CT. :-(

I caught up on the remaining posts from yesterday and feel the same as a lot of women out there - how can we lose such significant amounts of weight, look better, have our clothes fit better, yet still feel "fat"? It makes no logical sense whatsoever.

These past couple days, I feel no different than the day in March I said, "I've gotta do something about this damn weight?!"...despite making significant progress and fitting into my skinny jeans again which haven't seen the light of day for years!

Is it all just mental trickery?
Yep! The "clinical" term for it is body dysmorphia. All it means is that your body may have a particular shape, but when you see yourself (in a mirror or looking down at yourself) you see a different shape. Bad Jedi mind trick, but it's real. It's also very common when you lose a lot of weight quickly - as if your brain takes a while to comprehend your new body!

I have been in maintenance for 3 months, and yet I still see the same "me" when I look down at myself that I've always seen. That is despite the fact that I KNOW I am now in size 8's when I started in size 18's. I look in the mirror and see the same fat thighs and rear I've always had. But I know I can slip into dresses and pants that wouldn't go over my knees a year ago. I just try not to get too hung up on it, and remind myself it's my brain being slow to catch up to the transformation
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #7  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Had an NSV last night...

I'm all about getting my arm muscles strong, so I use the assisted chin up machine at the gym fairly regularly. I began two months ago at 155lbs of assistance, but my workouts combined with my waitloss now has me at 120lbs of assistance. I'm hoping to be able to do a full unassisted chin up by New Years.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs down

Well, I stayed the same this week. I suppose I can't ask for more after eating out 4 times over the weekend . . . but I did stay OP and made SO many sacrifices. I am allowing myself a 30 minute pity/frustration party and then getting on with it.

Have a good day, all.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #9  

Quote:
Yep! The "clinical" term for it is body dysmorphia. All it means is that your body may have a particular shape, but when you see yourself (in a mirror or looking down at yourself) you see a different shape. Bad Jedi mind trick, but it's real. It's also very common when you lose a lot of weight quickly - as if your brain takes a while to comprehend your new body!

I have been in maintenance for 3 months, and yet I still see the same "me" when I look down at myself that I've always seen. That is despite the fact that I KNOW I am now in size 8's when I started in size 18's. I look in the mirror and see the same fat thighs and rear I've always had. But I know I can slip into dresses and pants that wouldn't go over my knees a year ago. I just try not to get too hung up on it, and remind myself it's my brain being slow to catch up to the transformation
Thank you! I hope you know how awesome you are by all the thoughtful, insightful and inspirational posts you share with all of us.

And, I seriously think it is a bikini summer for you! :-)
Old 05-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sarita: I saw your post from yesterday regarding "danger zone" veggies.

That is something made up by your coach. The 'select' veggies were chosen for a reason so if you want to have 4 cups of green peppers per day that's fine (although I think variety is a good thing.)

Don't micro-manage what veggies you're choosing as long as you're sticking to the Phase 1 sheet.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

I agree Peaches, SCORBETT1103 is amazing! I always look for her input on threads and that has helped me tremendously. Thank you SCORBETT!

ON another note - I have decided to start phasing off, I think it is time. I am excited but also sooooo nervous, I feel like a toddler who is about to have my security blankie taken away! I know I can do this and being on this forum is such a valuable resource. Ready, Set , Here I Go......
Old 05-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

Aw thanks guys! I wouldn't know half of what I've learned if it weren't for the amazing folks that taught me when I first started here This forum is an amazing place!

Happymomof2 you will do great! The one piece of advice I will give is to use each phase as time to mentally prepare for the next one - while you're in P2, start looking up and preparing breakfasts for P3. Use P2 and P3 to wrap your head around how you want maintenance to look. The more you learn while you're still under the structure of P2 and 3, the better prepared you will be once you are maintaining!

Where in MA are you?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #13  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Good luck!
I was wondering about the Smooth Move Tea - where do they have in the stores? Thank you
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Purplepetunia, I actually found the smooth move tea in the tea aisle at stop and shop. I happened upon it by accident because I thought it would be with the laxatives!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #15  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Smooth move tea can be found in any grocery store in the tea section. You might also find Senna Tea as well.
This is hw smooth move looks like
Smooth Move Tea

And here is theSenna Leaf Tea

Last edited by WestLAgrl; 05-29-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread