Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
peaches -

Yes I was also told I MUST eat with in 1 hour of waking - this has been tricky for me too because I take thyroid replacement and that can't be taken close to many foods and supplements.

I don't want to dis any coaches either because it sounds like they are just repeating what they have been told to say. However, it sure would have been nice to get ACCURATE info when I forked over $425 to start the program don't you agree?

I'm going to put the whole time thing out of my mind and see what happens.

are you in CA or CT?
CT at the moment - outside of NYC. I go back and forth to CA and mix in Florida too. We might have the same coach for sure. She even lured me in saying she had information specific to my dietary needs (I don't want to divulge details in case she is on here). But, then when I started asking her real questions after getting to the clinic, I received rote, unhelpful information demonstrating she actually did not have information specific to my dietary needs.

Yes, put it out of your mind. Listen to the wonderful ladies here instead AND listen to your own body too.

You know, I am grateful to have found a nearby clinic where I can buy the packets and have this forum as an outlet for more detailed information. That's what's important. At least we are both on the path, right!? :-)

Last edited by peaches17; 04-25-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 400/388/199

Height: 5'4''

Don't know if this is where I should post this or not but I start IP on Sunday. Went in for my consultation today... Hope this works!*fingers crossed*
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #78  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaimes View Post
Don't know if this is where I should post this or not but I start IP on Sunday. Went in for my consultation today... Hope this works!*fingers crossed*
It works if you follow the plan!

The first three days can be rough, but hang in there. It's worth it.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
I'm gonna bring up something I haven't necessarily seen in other posts, but...

I work 24 x 7 with little play and often am up working at dawn. By mid-afternoon, my regime would often lead me to a nice restaurant for lunch / dinner to relax with a cold glass of chardonnay or to the pool - my only "time out" of the day, really.

So, the really the challenging part of IP for me at this second is switching up my routine and not having that little delicious afternoon delight. IP food isn't too much different from how I normally eat, but I am so missing my afternoon relaxation and wine. And, I'm sorry but a celery stick and a cup of tea doesn't quite cut it even when consumed in the sun.

Yes, yes, yes, I love my new body and the compliments, but still. I love my glass of chardonnay too. :-)
Peaches,
I feel the same as you do about the glass of wine. I teach Kindergarten and after a long day my boyfriend and I would have a nice dinner with a glass of wine to unwind. Oh how I miss my wine!!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaimes View Post
it works!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 PM   #81  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Did my weigh in and I am happy to report that I'm down another 6 pounds for a total loss of 73 pounds in 10 weeks.
Amazing losses Spiritman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I had zucchini chips last night! If you haven't had them, they are great!
I loved chips prior to IP, they were my downfall. Anything special to do to make zucchini chips? Do you use any specific seasonings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yesterday I clearly felt myself coming down with something. I stopped at the store on the way home & got veggies for soup (celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy). I also got lemons & fresh ginger root so I could have a yummy & healing tea.
Lisa, you are so on top of things, it's amazing. I guess that goes along with being a teacher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Well I am short two pounds to be at my half way mark. I think psychologically I needed an little boost to show me how important it is for me to continue on this journey.
You look amazing Ginette! And I know what you mean about losing your mojo. I've been on plan for 7 weeks and I noticed that I'm getting sloppy with my measuring and not being as diligent in getting all my water in, vitamins, etc. Good idea to do a before/after comparison to refocus yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msbehaving View Post
Woohoo..I have lost 50 pounds and now have LESS than 100 pounds to go!
Congratulations!! I know that feeling about wanting to have less than 100 pounds to go, it makes a huge mental difference. Keep on keeping on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
We have the same start day! Looking forward to summer, I have lots of skirts with elastics, they should fit nicer until I am at my goal. DH made me through out my comfy pj pants, cause they were so baggy, LOL!!!
Not only are my pants baggy, but I never realized that I'm short too! Not really, but apparently my stomach has been holding up my pants all this time. Now that my stomach has deflated, my pants need to be hemmed 3 inches or so. I have really nice quality dress pants, so I'm debating on getting them tailored down, once I reach goal weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
This is wonderful! I asked my coach last week if I was still morbidly obese, and I never got an answer!
You know, no one's ever used the 'morbidly obese' term with me, although it's factual. I just pulled that from the BMI ranges. Morbidly obese is a BMI of 40 or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
NSV - My son's wedding shower was this past Sunday. Everyone wanted to know what I had done to look so good. It was so nice to know that whatever outfit I choose was going to fit!!!.
Glad you could just focus on the shower and enjoy it, instead of being distracted by what to wear, how you'll look, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I saw my heart surgeon yesterday. He wouldn't do the surgery I needed until I got down to 250, and now that I've done that, he said "let's do it."
Congrats on getting to your "medical" goal weight after all the work you've put in before/during IP. Having lost the weight you have, you'll enjoy the summer so much more (especially knowing you have the operation looming in the fall).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
Well, I had my first WI yesterday. -4. I guess that's a good lose for completing 6 full days on the program.
Good, that's GREAT! Congrats on getting through the 1st week.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-25-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #82  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good evening everyone. I haven't posted in a while been crazy with work & life. I have been trying to read everyone's posts when I can. I did notice that if I dont take the extra time reading the posts & writing in my food journal my wi's are less. WI today & down 2.5lbs. Going back to posting, writing & weighing my food again looking for a better loss next week.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 PM   #83  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I know you said you had to have open heart surgery but I really hope you got a second opinion (and a third!). My entire atrial wall was like Swiss cheese (my surgeon's terminology for my fennestrated ASD, PFO and atrial septal aneurysm) and they were able to fix it. Not all surgeons are equally skilled. I have the name of a terrific interventional cardiologist if you need one. I traveled out of state on my own nickel to have him fix my heart and it was worth every penny.

Good luck either way. I'm not sure I would have gotten mine repaired if open heart surgery had been the only choice, although I was literally a walking time bomb and would have definitely been unable to continue diving without it.
I have a "team" of doctors on this from 2 different hospitals. Where my surgery will be performed is the leading heart center in Western Canada, and my surgeon is the head of the pediatric cardiac unit at BC's Children's Hospital. I have no doubts I'm in good hands. I do appreciate your concern and offer of help though!

They tried to fix it going in through a catheter, but it failed because of the position of the hole. If I don't get the surgery, it will start damaging my lungs. Since I have the symptoms of shortness of breath already, I'm too scared to wait any longer.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Default Zucchini chips

The zucchini chips recipe that I used was a combination of a few I've seen on this site.

I sliced two zucchini really thinly (I have an attachment for my KitchenAid mixer). Next tim, I'm going to do them a bit thicker.

I sprayed my cookie sheet with oil and spread out the zucchini into one layer. I sprayed the top and added sea salt.

I put them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, then flipped them all over (took a while) and put them back at 200 for 30 minutes. I think they would be better with a lower temperature for a longer time, but I didn't want to wait!

I didn't let them all cool down, they were so good. The cool ones were better!

I'm going to try rutabaga and radish chips on the weekend.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 201/156/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
This is my very first post! I have been on the IP diet now for 4 weeks - have lost around 20 lbs. I have downloaded and made some of RainbowSmiles foods - yum! My favorite so far has been the Big Mac in a Bowl. I guess since I look through this forum so much, I might as well start posting here, too.
I don't know yet how to add all of this info, but I am 5'8 starting weight 201.
Thanks, Dana
Old 04-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Welcome Dana and welcome to your IP journey. Its an amazing ride physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:44 PM   #87  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

I am a late poster on this thread (West Coast), 9 pm but I want to support all the great news on the thread.

I just got the sneezes and cold like symptoms. UGH. Will take Lisa's lead and make a chicken stock and stick to home this weekend. I went to my yoga class, laid down and slept through the entire class. LOL!

Last edited by workingit50; 04-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #88  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post
Today I'm on day 4 and I feel so much better! Not sure what has been going on with my body the last couple days but I've had headaches off and on and been extremely irritable. =( Today is a new day. I feel good! The first 3 days I felt hungry for a snack in the morning so I was eating 1/4 pack of the dill zippers. Today I haven't felt the need for that. Oh and I didn't even mention that the scale is down 4lbs!! BOOM! And I'm not even adding in the 1.2 lbs that I gained the weekend before I started saying goodbye to all my favorite things! Excited to continue on and happy I found this site! I've learned so much and all my questions I've had, I've been able to find the answers on here! Looking forward to weighing in Monday!
I am on day 4 today I love the dill pickle zippers!! Mmmm my weigh in is also Mondays. I haven't stepped on a scale since my coach weighted and measured me. I'm afraid haha I am so nervous it's not going to move any way just thought I'd say hi.
Closed Thread