Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #31  

Height: 5'4"

I do not post here very often but I thought I would share a tip for those of you have battled the flu or are currently battling the stomach bug and staying OP. I have only wanted some type of cracker and the thought of veggies has made me want to gag. I made my own crackers out of the pancake mix by adding 4 TBSP water and some sea salt then spreading onto parchment paper very thin and baking at 350 until crisp. I also roasted celery, pureed it and added to chicken broth. It took all of the strength I could muster but I feel proud staying OP.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Also like! Lurking around here often helps me avoid temptations, there's a lot of info and it can be time consuming in a good way! Hope everyone has a great OP weekend! I'll be at a baseball game tomorrow and not being as cramped in the seat as last summer is reason enough to say no to the beer and popcorn
I also like to lurk the board to keep me on track. There is so much motivation here and keeps me going.

Have a wonderful time at the game. Our son is having his wedding reception at Fenway Park in June. Go Redsoxs.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #33  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

Happy Saturday!!

I'm getting nervous!! I don't have an appetite for anything that I can eat! Is this normal!? Like I'd rather not eat...which I know isn't an option. It also takes everything I have to eat an IP packet!

Just getting a little discouraged. Trying to push through!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'2

I love to Lurk too! Starting back on IP Tuesday. This is the 3rd year I just do it for a month to get "summer" ready!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #35  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I do not post here very often but I thought I would share a tip for those of you have battled the flu or are currently battling the stomach bug and staying OP. I have only wanted some type of cracker and the thought of veggies has made me want to gag. I made my own crackers out of the pancake mix by adding 4 TBSP water and some sea salt then spreading onto parchment paper very thin and baking at 350 until crisp. I also roasted celery, pureed it and added to chicken broth. It took all of the strength I could muster but I feel proud staying OP.
Good ideas. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you feel better super quick!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Wow, good job!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #37  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Ack! We decided last minute to go to the drive-in movie tonight. (Do you still have one near you? This one is a real throw back, and it is great fun.) Anyway, they have the best concession stand with virtually everything and it is all freshly made. I vow here and now, to all you wonderful guys and gals, that I will not have a morsel . . . not a sip . . . not nothing . . . AND . . . I will not feel sorry for myself.

Wish me luck! I'll report back . . .
Old 04-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #38  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Saturday!
I did an MS Walk this morning. It was a pretty short one--5K, but I was thrilled to feel so good and in much better shape while walking--new for me! As I've mentioned here before, I have MS (and so does my sister in law), so it was a cause that is very personal to me. I'll feel it tomorrow, but it was a gorgeous morning to be walking!
I seem to have hit a wall in my weight loss. That dang ol' scale just ain't moving! I sort of expected this to happen sooner or later. However, with 70 pounds gone, I can't complain too much and hopefully my little "stall" won't last too long. Guess I'll keep on keepin' on!
Have a great Sunday! I'll be shopping for shorts and warmer weather tops with my mother in law and sister in law...nothing fits anymore!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all!

I'm new to the program, have been lurking since I started This is such an incredible source of information!

I lost ten lbs after my second weigh in but I have been STARVING! I can not stop thinking about food. I'm trying to break things up in to smaller meals, but I just don't get it. I had absolutely no appetite for a while. I did a keto stick and it shows I'm in ketosis...is this normal?

Nina
Old 04-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Well now I'm in trouble with the DH..I always say I have no clothes, I just went through them all and ended up with 3 black garbage bags to donate..now I really don't have much for clothes..lol..
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #41  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruti View Post
Hi all!

I'm new to the program, have been lurking since I started This is such an incredible source of information!

I lost ten lbs after my second weigh in but I have been STARVING! I can not stop thinking about food. I'm trying to break things up in to smaller meals, but I just don't get it. I had absolutely no appetite for a while. I did a keto stick and it shows I'm in ketosis...is this normal?

Nina
Hunger is normal. It typically comes and goes (especially during TOM).
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'4

I went to the www.plainprotein.com site where I have always ordered my food and i can not get the order to go through. I put in all information and hit "submit order" and nothing happens. Anyone else have trouble?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
I went to the www.plainprotein.com site where I have always ordered my food and i can not get the order to go through. I put in all information and hit "submit order" and nothing happens. Anyone else have trouble?
ragdoll was having probs last nite but then it worked.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #44  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
Happy Saturday!!

I'm getting nervous!! I don't have an appetite for anything that I can eat! Is this normal!? Like I'd rather not eat...which I know isn't an option. It also takes everything I have to eat an IP packet!

Just getting a little discouraged. Trying to push through!
I have had this a few times. I just did the best i could, made sure to drink plenty of water, it eventually passed.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #45  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruti View Post
Hi all!

Nina
I strongly suggest romaine salads (free veggie eat as much as you want) and I also make a salad soup with romaine, celery and onions with fat free chicken broth. It's almost free. Sure helps fill the grumbles.

I don't follow the idea that hunger is normal. If you're hungry, it doesn't help your state of mind. Find very "free" foods to fill between your protein because if you're hungry, you're more likely to not last on this diet.
Closed Thread