Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Good morning everyone. I don't post often but lurk daily. Ive gotten a lot of encouragement and great ideas on these pages, Thank you allMy ip journey has been short but successful. I only had 17 lbs to lose but wanted it done quickly and now 5 weeks later I'm 1.5 from goal. Will be starting phase 2 on Thursday. My coach says I will lose a couple more lbs. on phase 2 and wants me to do a full 2 weeks on each phase. Thats good because id like to be a couple lbs. below goal because of glycogen gain. I'm thinking about shortening phase 2 to 1 week and phase 3 for 2 weeks. My question is, how long have each of you done phase 2. Did you do it for the entire 2 weeks and what were your loses during this time? How many lbs. did you gain/lose on phase 3 and did you gain initially on maintenance? I would appreciate any feedback from you all
Old 04-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #17  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzali View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while but read the posts daily. I've been hovering at my current wait for a few weeks and wondering if I should change my goal. I'm so happy with where I'm at and people at work are complimenting my weight loss and asking what I've been doing. I happily explain the program and may have convinced a few to look into it. So nervous about changing my goal to be five pounds higher but more nervous about maintenance. I love the "security" of the packets. My wonderful hubby has been so supportive through my journey and is actually encouraging me to stay at my current weight. He's worried I may not be able to maintain another 5-6 pounds lower. I know it doesn't sound like much weight and I'm so close. Guess I'm looking for some advice on what to do?
I ended up doing the same thing. I had set my goal weight to 150 and size 9. I ended up increasing my goal weight to 160, because already I fit into a size 7. I am very comfortable and happy with the size I am now and feel as though I can easily maintain it.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #18  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
What a great evening we had last night, and quite unexpectedly! We thought we were just going over to a neighbor's house for dinner with them. We were the first two families in the neighborhood almost 20 years ago, so it was a really nice gesture when they invited us over for a 'farewell' dinner. The food was great (boneless pork chop and grilled squash and portobello mushrooms - just bread for others for carbs since they knew I had been on IP), as was the company. As we were sitting having coffee (me) and dessert (the others had homemade flan, which was my DH's favorite and not something I like at all), a neighbor from across the street came over with a platter of cookies, and she joined us for dessert. Then the doorbell rang again, and another neighbor arrived. Then another. And another. And another. And so on until there was a houseful and we suddenly were in the middle of a party! It was very touching to have everyone gathered there to give us their best wishes. I know my husband will be sorely missed in the neighborhood in particular, as he was the homeowner's association president and always stayed on top of everything that needed to be done. He's leaving big shoes to fill!
Now THAT's what it's all about (sorry Hokey Poky fans)... friends, and caring communities, neighbors.... things you just can't buy in stores. What a great evening. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
True enough, but I also find that if I post something important (to me) in chat, I don't always get feedback or advice, so I see the temptation to make a new thread...but I'm very obedient, so I don't do it, lol!!
Newday - Feel free to ask again if you don't get a response. Sometimes I jump right to the last page thinking I must have read everything up to that point, and I could miss something - or I'm too busy when I read the first time to respond and forget to reply later in the day.

Not directing this at you , but adding my own thoughts in general - I think we've all had the experience of typing out a huge response and the system crashes or whatever and we loose the whole darn thing too - very frustrating, and causes me to not want to try again for awhile... (note to self, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C right now - so I have a copy on my clipboard before I jinx myself right here right now) and sometimes, it is good to let your inner rebel out if it's something you have researched and found not to be out there that you can bump that thread up for example. I suppose what it boils down to (for me at least) is that I do read the main threads, I often don't find the time to read the new threads so those who post in a new thread may not get the number of readers or responses they would/should get in the main threads. Aside from causing confusion if things get posted in multiple threads, or showing that they didn't bother to search on a topic to see that there are threads already going about the very topic they want to discuss (example, veggie measurements, tea selections, Big C, exercise in P1, etc) May we get the responses we all need in a timely manner and here's to those people who take/have the time to respond!

Quote:
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while but read the posts daily. I've been hovering at my current wait for a few weeks and wondering if I should change my goal. I'm so happy with where I'm at and people at work are complimenting my weight loss and asking what I've been doing. I happily explain the program and may have convinced a few to look into it. So nervous about changing my goal to be five pounds higher but more nervous about maintenance. I love the "security" of the packets. My wonderful hubby has been so supportive through my journey and is actually encouraging me to stay at my current weight. He's worried I may not be able to maintain another 5-6 pounds lower. I know it doesn't sound like much weight and I'm so close. Guess I'm looking for some advice on what to do?
It is perfectly fine to change your goal Keep in mind that you probably will see the scale go up ~3 pounds when you phase off, but it is not a fat gain. I've been in the shoes of DH telling me what he would like me to do, but bottom line is, it is our own personal decision what our "done" weight/inches/size is. I personally do not believe maintaining 5 or 6 pounds difference is going to make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. If you want them off, do it now. If you are truly happy with where you are, by all means, change your goal and get into maintenance. That's my thoughts anyway - but again it is totally up to you and how YOU feel

Happy Saturday all. Wow I was hungry yesterday. Sure enough I was down another pound this morning. I do monitor my weight daily - but I've done it so long I don't let it bother me if I go up a couple pounds from one day to the next. I know I'm 100% on plan, so anything like that can not be a fat gain - there's just no way. Going down however, just means that yes I will settle into that number and below over the week or into the next week. It's just a squiggly chart line moving downward on the graph towards my goal. Still that squiggly line even if it's a flat line for a week or so means it's not going up! It won't be long that this will be my new comfort zone/charting pattern.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I do monitor my weight daily - but I've done it so long I don't let it bother me if I go up a couple pounds from one day to the next. I know I'm 100% on plan, so anything like that can not be a fat gain - there's just no way. Going down however, just means that yes I will settle into that number and below over the week or into the next week. It's just a squiggly chart line moving downward on the graph towards my goal. Still that squiggly line even if it's a flat line for a week or so means it's not going up! It won't be long that this will be my new comfort zone/charting pattern.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Your goal shouldn't be about the number on the scale, it should be if you are happy with where you are at. Sounds to me like you are happy. Congrats!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #21  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Your goal shouldn't be about the number on the scale, it should be if you are happy with where you are at. Sounds to me like you are happy. Congrats!
I'm thinking of changing my goal to "fit into this leather jacket" somewhat jesting - but if I hit 195 and it doesn't fit.... well I'm going to keep on going until it does! I couldn't pass by the bargain price of it in the condition it was in, and I can't stand the thought of buying it and not being able to wear the darn thing LOL. Honestly I expect I will change my goal to 185 before this is said and done. We shall see....
Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

My first goal I set with my coach is 195. I wanted to have something doable. I didn't want to overset and not be able to achieve. I know I need to lose much more than that to be comfortable with me, but like I said, I thought 195 was more doable than 135 right away.
I figure I'll change my goal again after I reach 195. When I started, it was more about the number on the scale, now it's more about how I feel in my skin. Thanks to 3FC and all of you, I know it doesn't have to be a number! I guess I knew that all along, but it doesn't hurt to have yall reinforcing it!
Old 04-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I'm thinking of changing my goal to "fit into this leather jacket" somewhat jesting - but if I hit 195 and it doesn't fit.... well I'm going to keep on going until it does! I couldn't pass by the bargain price of it in the condition it was in, and I can't stand the thought of buying it and not being able to wear the darn thing LOL. Honestly I expect I will change my goal to 185 before this is said and done. We shall see....
Funny!

I keep seeing all these great clearance sweaters and winter coats, but I'm still not certain where I'll end up either.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #24  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Funny!

I keep seeing all these great clearance sweaters and winter coats, but I'm still not certain where I'll end up either.
I want to buy a new outfit for the grand opening, but I have been putting it off for the same reason.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Everyone is doing great!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday

I will be at the pool for the rest of today and all day tomorrow Just keep swimming is the motto in this house!! My 11 year old had a wonderful 400 free last night so hopefully that will be the start of big drops in times for both my girls this weekend.

My cooler bag is all packed with my RTDs and my veggies
Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #26  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning everyone!

to all the newbies and lurkers. It's great to have you here and posting!

I'm down 2 lbs this week and feeling very happy this weekend!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Great post so far everyone. I am working all weekend........boo, but yay cause it keeps me on track for food. Down 4 lbs since Monday so far, hopefully I will get down another by this Monday, my weigh in. We are heading to Myrtle Beach at the beginning of May so I would like a few off for my bathing suit body LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltykisses View Post
I came the closest I have to cheating last night. Siting on the deck grilling steaks and veggies and hubs asked is i wanted a margarita or a glass of wine, sure was tempted..... but all the tidbits of knowledge from this forum ran through my head and I said "NO". The best thing is 2 lbs down on the scale this AM. (Sure miss my wine!)
I had an annual employee appreciation party last night...open bar all night...I treated myself with a diet Pepsi and ate green beans, salmon, chicken, and beef (buffet)...we had a party van limo on the way there and everyone was drinking except me, begging me to "let loose just one night"...good thing I am wicked stubborn when I set my mind to something! Very proud of myself
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycg102 View Post
Great post so far everyone. I am working all weekend........boo, but yay cause it keeps me on track for food. Down 4 lbs since Monday so far, hopefully I will get down another by this Monday, my weigh in. We are heading to Myrtle Beach at the beginning of May so I would like a few off for my bathing suit body LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Great job! Ah Myrtle Beach . Enjoy, we go there every year as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Good morning everyone! I am so excited...I thought my appointment to get my cast off my arm was for this Friday and it's actually this WEDNESDAY! YAY! I can't wait to get it off! I'm thinking I'll go down 1 lb instantly! LOL

Also, I've been hovering around 142 for the past two weeks, so I thought I would measure myelf...I'm down 6 inches since March 22nd! I was so happy to see that (that's just adding one arm and one leg..LOL). So, if you find you feel you're "stuck" at a particular weight...MEASURE yourself. You will probably be very pleased with the results!!

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone!!
Closed Thread