Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #421  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
I have started working out as well, but want to do that first thing in the morning, any input on what to eat before that's not heavy? Thank you!
I am still running in the mornings, I dropped my 5am running group and go at 6am on the dreadmill alone. I'll be honest, before I got pregnant I wouldn't always eat beforehand, with the 7-milers it wasn't so bad but I did it once on a 12-miler and it was definitely an issue. Now I ALWAYS eat before, I'm doing 4-miles now @ 12min/mi avg (momma's getting slower). I usually will split an almond milk protein drink, protein bar, or a banana before and after my runs and will stay fully hydrated during (take water/walk breaks every 1-1.5 miles). I don't like to 'fill up' before a run. I have this in addition to my breakfast which is usually 1-2 hours after working out. I do early evening Bodypump classes and do the same snack split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canic View Post
I am worried about what to eat for lunch. Phase 1 was very easy to prepare and phase 2/3 have been more difficult for lunch. So I was wondering what do you all eat for lunch? And is there a maintenance recipe thread like Phase 3 breakfasts?
When I was a "regular maintainer" I would still pretty much stick to a Phase 3 lunch of veggies & meat, but without measuring (loved those unlimited veggies). My old standby was roasted garlic mashed cauliflower with shredded chicken, sometimes I would make a 'quiche-like' dish with veggies & eggs/egg whites (no crust).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
I just wanted to share these Phase III breakfast recipes again because I love them sooooo much. (Thanks LizRR) I still have both of these at least once a week.
Awesome! I love seeing that folks enjoy the recipes, I did the Phase 3 freakout and went scrambling looking for ways to have my favorites with the expanded ingredient list. Confession: I sometimes make the cheesecake or pumpkin pie custards without the crusts for mini-desserts. I bake them in little ramekins and indulge my pregnant self.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Yum!!!! Just had my first taste of cheese in 12 weeks, although now I have just a little taste and not the whole bar . Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #423  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Canadiandieter: Yes, cheese tastes wonderful after not having it for weeks. I am a feta cheese fan and eat it oftten.

Cheeksykeeter: It seems like your maintenance is going well for you. You have got it down!

CBL70: I lost on P3. I think you can do it. Thanks for sharing those recipes. I like the cheesecake also!

Ishbel: The nice thing is that the dress still fits since November. You are maintaining your loss and will look lovely at the wedding.

Bubbleblower: great job of keeping in range while vacationing.

Lizr: Your recipes have been so helpful. I haven't tried the pumpkin custard yet..mayhave to look that up.

Blessedamberly: welcome to maintenance. I usually have a 100 calorie snack in the mid afternoon.. I stiick to meat and vegetables for lunch and dinner..with a few carbs now and then.

Joysh: I don't have an evening snack so I am of no help.

Can't believe it is June. Now I can change to 1 year and 8 months. I am in my range and trying to get lower before my trip to Hawaii next week.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, remember me

Sunday was my 1 year anniversary of reaching goal and i’m happy to report i’m still at my goal weight.

I’m sorry for not posting...i really feel like i have nothing worthy to bring to any conversation as eventhough i’m still at goal, i’m not a proper maintainer.

I struggle...everyday. I still have trouble with binge eating so my cheat day is always too much and then i’m stuck doing phase 1 all week just to go back down. I planned to reboot and do phase 1 for a few weeks to go below goal to have a bit of leaway but when the week-end comes around, its like a switch goes off that i cannot control.

I technically should be AT LEAST 5lbs below goal as i have my tummy tuck in February and they removed 5lbs of skin. I had planned on doing the insanity workout once i got cleared for exercise (2 weeks ago) but my knees are really bad (no cartilage left in both) and in talking to some of my friends who have done it...its hard on the knees as are any other whole body work out. So for now i do some elliptical at home during the week along with a few abs exercise and on the week-end i try to go on bike rides but i only started that last week so am only doing about 40 minutes.

I DO have the beck book but then stopped reading it cause i didn’t want to do what it said to do so i know i’m my own worst enemy!

Lizz – you’re coming along nicely with your pregnancy and so glad you’re still enjoying your runs and work outs

Ishbel – Love your shoe pick and glad you’re still loving the dress. You’ll have a fantastic wedding!

Maile – You are a role model for all maintainers...keep up the great work!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Busymomx4; 06-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #425  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Busymom: It was good to hear from you! I envy your tummy tuck. I could use one..but want my face done first.. I think despite the fact that you struggle and need to do Phase 1 during the week, you should be proud of yourself. You have maintained for one year and you have not given up. You are at goal weight. You are disciplining yourself to doing Phase 1. You are in that 5% who have kept weight off for a year.
I hope the next year gets easier for you. I know the pain of bingeing as I have done that all of my life. Take care.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #426  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

BUSYMOM!!!! It's soooooo good to hear from you! Don't be so hard on yourself - you have been MAINTAINING For A YEAR! Like Mailie said, you are in very elite, select company. I told hubby I wanted to reward 2 years of maintenance with a tummy tuck...of course that reward has been put on hold until after I get back to goal after baby girl comes.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #427  

So I have started to track my food on MFP and was wondering what everyone may have the carbs, protein, fat and calories set at? I'm not really sure where they should be and I want to make sure that I am neither under nor over where I should be
Old 06-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #428  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
So I have started to track my food on MFP and was wondering what everyone may have the carbs, protein, fat and calories set at? I'm not really sure where they should be and I want to make sure that I am neither under nor over where I should be
That's really an individual decision, based on what your body can handle. For me, I have it set at 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #429  

Ah, thank you Scorbett, my #'s make so much more sense now . I had my carbs set at 20% and I was almost over just from breakfast alone. Thanks again
Old 06-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

It will depend on you. Keep track for a while. I stay under 20% carbs. I just prefer meat and veggies most of the time!

Last edited by Momto2cs; 06-05-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 157/136.5/140

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while but lurking almost daily as I learn how you all manage maintenance. I completed my phase 3 about a month ago and things seem to be going well. Phase 2 was 9 days and a clean phase 3 for only 4 days but I was extremely careful as I transitioned to phase 4 over the course of 10 days. I never did have the glycogen gain and actually continued to lose during phase 2 and 3. Even lost another pound or two during the first few weeks of maintenance. So far my maintenance plan seems to be working. I try to eat phase 3 breakfast, salad for lunch and protein and some carbs at supper. I am thoughtful about fats and carbs together but isn't always possible. I try to limit my sugar intake. On the weekends I usually enjoy some of my favorite " cheat" meals and or drinks( in moderation) I don't necessarily do a full cheat day. Then I do phase 1on Monday. The scale only fluctuates between 136.5 and 138 during the course of the week. What really excites me is that I don't really even want the " bad" foods, I get really excited about fruit, yogurt and "real" food.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #432  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Morning everyone! Just wondering if anyone has any good recipes for a poppyseed dressing.
I'm in maintenance, which is why I figured I'd try this thread first. It doesn't have to be 0/0/0 (although it can be), but I'm looking for a healthier version of the Kraft dressing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #433  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Busymom J'avais besoin de temps parce que je voulais dire en francais pour toi! Je pense que c'est AWESOME. Tu as maintenu pendant un annee!!! Tu doit regarder les aspects positifs...tu as comprendre votre samdi et dimanche, je sais! Tu m'as fait sourire parce que tu as achete le livre mais tu ne peux pas le lire. Tu doit, ce n'est pas bizzare Si tu le lis, tu vas avoir un plan.

C'est tres difficile pour moi, c'est bonne mon amie?? Je pense qu'il y a beaucoup d'errors! haha

<whew>

Last edited by Ishbel; 06-06-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #434  

Good morning everyone . I went in to see my coach today after completing my first week of Maintenance and I was down another 1.6 pounds! I'll take the extra "wiggle" room, but I'm also waiting for my weight to just steady at this point. We looked over my food journal and she said that I was eating the meals correctly and to maybe just add a small fruit snack into the mix sometime throughout the day.

Have a great day!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Busymom J'avais besoin de temps parce que je voulais dire en francais pour toi! Je pense que c'est AWESOME. Tu as maintenu pendant un annee!!! Tu doit regarder les aspects positifs...tu as comprendre votre samdi et dimanche, je sais! Tu m'as fait sourire parce que tu as achete le livre mais tu ne peux pas le lire. Tu doit, ce n'est pas bizzare Si tu le lis, tu vas avoir un plan.

C'est tres difficile pour moi, c'est bonne mon amie?? Je pense qu'il y a beaucoup d'errors! haha

<whew>
Wow C, tu m'impressionne vraiment. Pas beaucoup d'erreurs, juste des tournures de phrases desfois mais tout fait du sense Tu as vraiment travaillé fort et ça parait!! Le français est pas facile, lol.

Merci pour l'encouragement! I need to follow your footsteps!
Closed Thread