Old 03-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

Height: 5'4"

Default What to expect for 2nd weigh in

I had my first weigh in today and I lost 12 lbs! I couldn't believe it! That is 1/3 of the way to my goal weight. I am amazed at how my body is responding to this diet. I was not a big sweets or carb eater before so I was very skeptical that I would lose very quickly on this diet. I am wondering how others with big weight losses on their first weigh in did on their second week? I know everyone is different but I'm just curious if I should expect low numbers? Thanks to everyone for their insight...this is a great place for information and support.
musicsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #2  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

I do my very best to not go in to a WI with expectations. Or with the mindset that any loss is GREAT and I'll be happy with a loss.
That being said, we are all human and the scale has a strong/powerful influence on us.
I think people can have slightly unpredictable WI's for weeks 2, 3, 4. Especially, if WI #1 was really great.

Whatever happens, hold your head high - know that you are doing everything right by being 100% OP and it will all work out in the wash.

Good Luck Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Every body reacts differently to the diet, and loses weight and inches differently. I lost 10lb my first week and zero inches. My second week I lost less than 2lbs but lost 5 inches!

The best advice I can offer is that you remember weight loss is not linear - it is not a steady, constant drop. Sometimes you will lose weight, sometimes you will lose inches, some weeks your body may stabilize and adjust before dropping more. Just follow the program, it does work!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

I had a 12.5 drop in first weeks and followed it with 6 the next. Since then it has slowed but been very consistent at 3.5. Week 4 and 5 seem to be tough for most folks. Stay with the plan and know that 12lbs won't be each week.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

I dropped 15 pounds my first week and thought this is the greatest thing ever. The second week I lost a total of 0.0 pounds and was quite perplexed/pizzed off and ending up joining this forum for answers. The way my body works is that change to the scale numbers only happens every second week - thus far - that too may change. How your body will respond who knows? The only advice I can offer is don't get despondent over the numbers on the scale. Sometimes when the numbers don't change you may lose inches. We didn't become overweight/obese overnight and we won't become thin overnight either.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
I dropped 15 pounds my first week and thought this is the greatest thing ever. The second week I lost a total of 0.0 pounds and was quite perplexed/pizzed off and ending up joining this forum for answers. The way my body works is that change to the scale numbers only happens every second week - thus far - that too may change. How your body will respond who knows? The only advice I can offer is don't get despondent over the numbers on the scale. Sometimes when the numbers don't change you may lose inches. We didn't become overweight/obese overnight and we won't become thin overnight either.
Well said! I lost 13 pounds my first week and have slowed considerably since then. I average about 2.2 pounds/week now based on this being my 11th week, but I did not lose each week. The best advice I have seen is: follow the sheet, stay OP (on program) and know that it does work.

WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

I had close to a six pound weight loss my first week and at my second weigh in this morning I was 1 pound down. Both times I have lost inches all around and that is just as good as seeing the lbs # go down, for me anyway.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote