Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Happy Weekend!! I worked out for the first time yesterday and drank my shake right after for extra protein and this morning I am up 0.6lbs. I am not sure if it will level off eventually, but I was expectng the opposite on the scale.

I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill with intervals between walking and running. It was probably total 15 minutes running. will say, running with less weight on my body felt so much better and effortless than it did at 200+. I lost most of my weight in P1 with no exercise, but am now training for a 5k and also trying to get my DH and me in the mindset to workout when we go on maintenance.

Any personal patterns with adding working out in would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #17  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Thought this was cute in case anyone missed it:

http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/onebighappy/
Thanks that's very cute!

Have a weigh in at work for our "Sooperfit" program, over all a bit disappointing in the way it was done in our store this year but oh well it will be over when I weigh in today. Still dealing with the big C and took something last night but it didn't really help, unless being more uncomfortable and slightly cramp-y is help and I don't know it

Well I need to get moving along to work, hope everyone has a great weekend, looks beautiful out my window (cold just can't be seen thankfully lol)
Old 03-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #18  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

I had a sort of ironic NSV recently. We have a family member that is getting married this summer in Nashville. Luckily, it's not immediate family (DH's cousin) because we can't go due to a prior commitment. Usually I'm not looking forward to having to buy a new dress, etc for a wedding. In the past, I HATED buying clothes and it always depressed me to have to buy a new dress because I had "outgrown" the dress I had worn to the last wedding I attended. Before I realized the conflict with dates, I was looking forward to buying a new dress. Oh well, it's sort of ironic, really. Of course, I will need to buy capris, shorts, and warm weather shirts, so some shopping will get done!

We are off the Udvar Hazy Center today--it's the annex to the Air and Space museum at the Smithsonian, but it's in northern Virginia instead of DC. I do like living in a place that is within a couple hours' drive of all the things that DC and Baltmore have to offer.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by tam67green; 03-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Default Holy Toledo Batman

Good morning peeps I know we all talk about water weight and 1st week weigh ins are usually the biggest I cant wait for mine! I did what I said I would not do and stepped on the scale this morning. My initial weigh in was 214.(point something) and this morning on my scale I was 203.6. Keep in mind my initial weigh in was at night and I checked mine this morning. I weighed on my scale after my 1st weigh in that night and they only had a 1 lb difference. Just the motivation I need to carry on through date night tonight. I'm already making my dressing to take. A steak with some steamed broccoli and a salad sounds like a winner to me!

**And kudos to whomever posted the choc shake/coffee/spinach/cinnamon recipe. I am enjoying mine right now and it is delicious.

3FC rules, this forum rocks, and its going to be a fabulous day.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Happy Weekend!! I worked out for the first time yesterday and drank my shake right after for extra protein and this morning I am up 0.6lbs. I am not sure if it will level off eventually, but I was expectng the opposite on the scale.

I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill with intervals between walking and running. It was probably total 15 minutes running. will say, running with less weight on my body felt so much better and effortless than it did at 200+. I lost most of my weight in P1 with no exercise, but am now training for a 5k and also trying to get my DH and me in the mindset to workout when we go on maintenance.

Any personal patterns with adding working out in would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
When you exercise your muscles retain some water to repair them...drink extra today and it will go away!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
Good Morning!

I have a newbie question. I love lime and often use it for flavoring or marinating chicken/fish. I don't see lime on my approved IP food sheet, but I see mention of it in some of the threads and in IP recipes.

Is lime permissible in Phase 1? Thanks in Advance!

I asked my coach the same question as wanted to use for thai/mexican dishes. She said it was fine, but not to use to the extent you are allowed to use lemon (flavouring daily water). I have used for dinner dishes or a couple of times in homemade dressing. Hasn't seemed to affect me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Good morning peeps I know we all talk about water weight and 1st week weigh ins are usually the biggest I cant wait for mine! I did what I said I would not do and stepped on the scale this morning. My initial weigh in was 214.(point something) and this morning on my scale I was 203.6. Keep in mind my initial weigh in was at night and I checked mine this morning. I weighed on my scale after my 1st weigh in that night and they only had a 1 lb difference. Just the motivation I need to carry on through date night tonight. I'm already making my dressing to take. A steak with some steamed broccoli and a salad sounds like a winner to me!

**And kudos to whomever posted the choc shake/coffee/spinach/cinnamon recipe. I am enjoying mine right now and it is delicious.

3FC rules, this forum rocks, and its going to be a fabulous day.
Sounds like you are doing great! That is a great motivator isn't it? I was trying not to do daily weighing when I started, but lately I have been sneaking peaks. You just have to be able to "handle" the ups and downs.
For example yesterday I went from 178 up to 183 and back to 180. Yes I checked 3 times! Just be prepared that sometimes it goes way up and try not to let that get you down. I also love the chocolate drink with spinach when I am in a pinch or not feeling well and need my veggies. Most other times I like to make sure I am "eating" my 4 cups on my plate as I could eat more!

Last edited by ladylunk; 03-02-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

What exactly does the cal-mag do? (sorry for the stupid question) I have it in liquid form.. And I haven't used it yet, cuz I'm scared of what it's going to taste like. (Can't swallow big pills... hense the liquid form) My coach gave me this electrolyte stuff, and I'm suppose to take a shot of that, I tried it once, and OMG will NEVER USE IT AGAIN!!! Soooooo NASTY! So I'm scared of the cal-mag stuff now. lol
Old 03-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #23  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

H y'all! Cleaning house and doing laundry today. Boo. But took a break to change my avatar in celebration of losing 28 lbs since the last one was taken (25 on IP). Hope to get some time to chat later. Have a great OP day!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #24  
Started IP 11/28/12

Hello fellow losers!

Had my 13th week weigh-in and I'm down another 2.2 lbs (body likes this number as this is the 4 time I've lost this exact amount) for a total of 41 lbs lost, 34.5 inches lost AND......SO EXCITED.....my fat now wows less than 100 lbs at 98.8.

When I started my fat mass weighed 136 lbs down to 98.8.
I've gained .4 lbs of lean muscle mass since starting and my visceral fat has dropped from 17 to 12.

I'm also 10 lbs away from meeting my mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. My 3rd mini goal of being under 200 will come up quick after achieving my 2nd mini goal.....not too much longer!

I'm just thrilled at how well the IP protocol works, how simple it is to follow with a little planning. Now it's just second nature to me.

I took the dive and switched to alternatives, about 60% right now, and will probably continue to purchase some IP products that I really love.

My birthday is the middle of May and if I keep losing about the same rate, 2.93 lbs on average a week, then I'll be down to a 180ish. Still high for my frame, but considering I was 257 on 11/27/12, that's great! I'm just more excited about my future and health.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

I had so much fun last nigth. They gave me my meal with no sauce and just meat and beautiful steamed green beans. It was so yummy and then I saved my restricted for dessert and had the strawberry wafer. It was so cool to be able to enjoy the banquet and know I was eating what I was should be eating.

Enjoying the 80 degree day here in San Diego!!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #26  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Good news for me! Ive officially lost 30 lbs! For some reason this is the number that makes it real for me..I've lost 20 lbs before many times, although not this fast..losing thirty just makes me really feel like I can do this for the long haul!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Hello fellow losers!

Had my 13th week weigh-in and I'm down another 2.2 lbs (body likes this number as this is the 4 time I've lost this exact amount) for a total of 41 lbs lost, 34.5 inches lost AND......SO EXCITED.....my fat now wows less than 100 lbs at 98.8.

I've gained .4 lbs of lean muscle mass since starting and my visceral fat has dropped from 17 to 12.

I'm also 10 lbs away from meeting my mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. My 3rd mini goal of being under 200 will come up quick after achieving my 2nd mini goal.....not too much longer!

I'm just thrilled at how well the IP protocol works, how simple it is to follow with a little planning. Now it's just second nature to me.

I took the dive and switched to alternatives, about 60% right now, and will probably continue to purchase some IP products that I really love.

My birthday is the middle of May and if I keep losing about the same rate, 2.93 lbs on average a week, then I'll be down to a 180ish. Still high for my frame, but considering I was 257 on 11/27/12, that's great! I'm just more excited about my future and health.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Good news for me! Ive officially lost 30 lbs! For some reason this is the number that makes it real for me..I've lost 20 lbs before many times, although not this fast..losing thirty just makes me really feel like I can do this for the long haul!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Wow congratulations. I think you and me started around the same time too. You are doing so well. That was fast!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Hello fellow losers!

Wa to go! It does work well! It's good to know alternatives are working out for you. I too may have to look at that in future for financial reasons. Have tried a couple different items, but it is always a little scary making sure you have the right numbers as don't want to mess with a good thing that is working already.
Closed Thread