Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #61  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Default drink ??

Hi everyone,

I am on week 3 of IP. WI tomorrow and my scale I have stalled. Lost 8.2 first 2 WI, very happy but I think a few unintentional cheats may have screwed me up. I had a Fuze ice tea with O c/0 sugars but it must have had a sugar not allowed. Normally I am just going with Stevia. Could that stall a weight loss to have a single drink? Also, are the 0 carbs/0 sugars of other drink enhancers allowed?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #62  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorinneJB View Post
I'm a newbie...but am on board 100% with the IP Diet. I've also managed to have my husband see the error of his ways...and he's along for the ride as well. We only started on Thursday so yes, we are very much newbies, however....we're both in the correct frame of mind and going strong.

I made a chart for us to update each Thursday with our weights and measurments....needless to say neither one of us is happy with our Starting Weight....but am sure we'll be loving life once we see all of our hard work has paid off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Welcome!! It's so nice having Hubby along for the ride....it will make it so much easier!! My Hubby is also along for the ride! Be warned tho...men lose at a faster rate...grrr!!

Used the Protithin Choc Chip Sweet Roll to make a big cookie for breakfast this morning.....can't remember who posted the recipe (2 tsp Coconut Oil, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 or 2 packets of splenda and enough egg white to make it into a cookie consistency......put on parchment paper and flatten....bake at 350 for 7 min)....BUT THANK YOU WHO DID!!!!! Hubby made one also and LOVED it too!! We will be making these again FOR SURE!!

I had to substitute Olive oil today because I have yet to find coconut oil (and need "refined" as I dislike coconut lol). Can anyone tell me where to get a good brand either online or locally (Scorbett???). I did a "search" here AND on Google but I want to make sure I get the right stuff!! TIA!

Scale is FINALLY moving in the direction I want it to!! Down 3 this week after 4 weeks of 1ish per week!! Whew!! Perhaps it's the Fiber pills I started taking last week?? Who knows!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I had to substitute Olive oil today because I have yet to find coconut oil (and need "refined" as I dislike coconut lol). Can anyone tell me where to get a good brand either online or locally (Scorbett???). I did a "search" here AND on Google but I want to make sure I get the right stuff!! TIA!
Online: Tropical Traditions
They make both the unrefined (gold label) and the refined (green label)
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #64  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Online: Tropical Traditions
They make both the unrefined (gold label) and the refined (green label)
Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow so much reading I want to keep up with....anyway day 3 for me, and it looks like I am in ketosis...I did well yesterday at the bar I work at...French fries and o rings at hands reach and I resisted. I know this will be a bit of a challenge I work there 3 nights. Otherwise so far so good! Congrats to all on your journeys! Have a grat IP day!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #66  

Height: 5' 7"

Anyone have a PROMO Code for "Just Plain Protein?" I need to place an order today and any discount really helps. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Lately I have been getting overly anxious when going to Starbucks for my treat. I order a decafe americano with a sugar free syrup. Well the last two times the guy making the coffee was so unreliable and did not announce my coffee as either decafe or sugar free. I had to question him he said they were, but I am so used to the sweetner taste now that I can't tell if it actually is. I have my husband check and have to depend on him. It happened again yesterday and I would be so upset if I got sugar syrup instead of sugar free. If I was going to cheat it would be on something much better. Don't like depending on others to stay true. Can you tell I have not eaten out yet since starting this diet? Today I feel hungry, had a growling stomach earlier than my lunch is supposed to be and it again makes me think of that darn coffee syrup. I am sure I am overreacting, but just wanted to vent about it. Ooops and now while typing this I have burnt my roasted cabbage. Extra crispy today!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Lately I have been getting overly anxious when going to Starbucks for my treat. I order a decafe americano with a sugar free syrup. Well the last two times the guy making the coffee was so unreliable and did not announce my coffee as either decafe or sugar free. I had to question him he said they were, but I am so used to the sweetner taste now that I can't tell if it actually is. I have my husband check and have to depend on him. It happened again yesterday and I would be so upset if I got sugar syrup instead of sugar free. If I was going to cheat it would be on something much better. Don't like depending on others to stay true. Can you tell I have not eaten out yet since starting this diet? Today I feel hungry, had a growling stomach earlier than my lunch is supposed to be and it again makes me think of that darn coffee syrup. I am sure I am overreacting, but just wanted to vent about it. Ooops and now while typing this I have burnt my roasted cabbage. Extra crispy today!

Lots of IPers sweeten black coffee with an EAS vanilla shake (or chocolate for a mocha effect.) My husband, son, and I go to Starbucks every Saturday and get a treat. Mine has become a plain black coffee, and I add part of an EAS shake to it that I bring, plus top it off with some cinnamon at the Starbucks store and sometimes nutmeg. Occassionally I tell them to add a touch of FF or 2% milk as we are allowed 1oz of milk on IP with our coffee. I am in maintenance, and this is still how I prefer to drink my coffee, with an EAS shake. If you really are concerned about the barista getting the order correct, you can always bring your own SF syrup to sweeten it. Early on in IP, I started bringing my own salad dressings (made with olive oil), spices, and coffee sweetener (EAS shake) when I go out to meals so I wouldn't have to worry about mistakes like you are concerned about.

eta: I've never used IP's RTD vanilla, only the dry drink packets, but it may work just as well as EAS. Maybe someone can chime in and let you know how it works. EAS is fairly cheap by comparison but you may be doing only IP products, so I wanted to mention it.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 03-03-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'2"

My first weekend feels like a success I feel better today than yesterday, and I am finding more and more exciting recipes to try. I have a great support system here, 2 friends on the diet in different phases, and a hubby who just wants to make everything easy on me. I am so thrilled with the beginning of my journey!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #70  

Hi all ... favorite Walden Farms products? I've never used them and have read good reviews and not so good reviews. Was thinking about 1000 Island Dressing, seafood sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce and chocolate sauce.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Lots of IPers sweeten black coffee with an EAS vanilla shake (or chocolate for a mocha effect.) My husband, son, and I go to Starbucks every Saturday and get a treat. Mine has become a plain black coffee, and I add part of an EAS shake to it that I bring, plus top it off with some cinnamon at the Starbucks store and sometimes nutmeg. Occassionally I tell them to add a touch of FF or 2% milk as we are allowed 1oz of milk on IP with our coffee. I am in maintenance, and this is still how I prefer to drink my coffee, with an EAS shake. If you really are concerned about the barista getting the order correct, you can always bring your own SF syrup to sweeten it. Early on in IP, I started bringing my own salad dressings (made with olive oil), spices, and coffee sweetener (EAS shake) when I go out to meals so I wouldn't have to worry about mistakes like you are concerned about.

eta: I've never used IP's RTD vanilla, only the dry drink packets, but it may work just as well as EAS. Maybe someone can chime in and let you know how it works. EAS is fairly cheap by comparison but you may be doing only IP products, so I wanted to mention it.
Thanks for all your tips. I do use ip drinks for coffee at home and have syrup as well but like trying syrups I wouldn't buy for Home when I go to starbucks, but I see your point about taking control so mistakes don't happen. I wish we had easadvantage but can't find. I did find chocolate muscle milk light and it is yummy. I like that it has a screw on cap, but still 4 dollars at safeway. A bit bigger bottle though and I just use as creamer.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Potato rolls??? Where is this recipe you speak of??

Went to Scorbett's son's bday party today. I actually had energy to at least interact with my child. It was great!! She had a blast and was running and jumping all over.

Scorbett had made lettuce wraps for us non b-day food partakers. I had to admit, they were delish. Just some deli meat wrapped up in lettuce. It's amazing how our tastes change and healthy really is delicious.

Bday cake is my foe, but TG it wasn't a layer cake, still............... No, I did not want any (and would not have had any) but I am glad I had to go to work when it was cut.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Hello. Checking new pic from the weekend. Not ready for monday just yet. Lok
Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Hello. Checking new pic from the weekend. Not ready for monday just yet. Lok
You look great!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
You look great!!!
Thanks. I felt great last night too. That top was one i havent worn in 10 years. I was amazed that it fit for a night out dancing. My legs are paying for the 4 hours of dancing in 3 inch heels. Seeing myself has really helped me actually "see" me through this journey.
Closed Thread