Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

amberjules Congrats on the loss and being so close to goal. I must check out your blog.

Congrats to everyone's NSV's and losses this w/e!

I love my roasted veggies DARK. OMG if the cauliflower is small enough and browned enough it's crunchy like popcorn.

I know with cooked onions the sugar intensifies, hence no cooked onion, at least that's my take on it.

NSV: I am FINALLY in Onderland.................on MFP!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

SLEEP PLEASE ANYTIME

So I was wondering. Because of menopause and many other hormonal issues, sleep is a luxury for me, but since being on IP for 5 weeks, sleep is incredibly interrupted, short and with crazy dreams. I do have more energy, but extremely tired only because of waking up so many times during the night.

Is this normal? Is anyone else having these problems or is it just my hormones adjusting to the new IP? Even melatonin is not helping..... argh..... where is the sandman?????

On a Happy note, I reached my third goal, to weigh less than my husband who has weighed the same for the last 32 years we have been together. I have weighed more than him for the past 20 years. Yessir! This makes me happy! Next goal, reach the 170s before my 25th wedding anniversary in May.

Last edited by ginettepv; 03-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #48  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
Happy Weekend!! I worked out for the first time yesterday and drank my shake right after for extra protein and this morning I am up 0.6lbs. I am not sure if it will level off eventually, but I was expectng the opposite on the scale.

I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill with intervals between walking and running. It was probably total 15 minutes running. will say, running with less weight on my body felt so much better and effortless than it did at 200+. I lost most of my weight in P1 with no exercise, but am now training for a 5k and also trying to get my DH and me in the mindset to workout when we go on maintenance.

Any personal patterns with adding working out in would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Pretty much guaranteed you will always see a gain when you start a new exercise routine. I run with a lot of folks who do endurance runs, and they ALWAYS gain when they ramp up their mileage. You would think the opposite after doing a 20-25 mile run (some do 50-60 miles/week during big run training), a big group just finished an ultra-marathon this weekend (31-miles) and several girls were happy to be done so they would lose the weight that they gained during training and "lose the bloat".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
**And kudos to whomever posted the choc shake/coffee/spinach/cinnamon recipe. I am enjoying mine right now and it is delicious.

3FC rules, this forum rocks, and its going to be a fabulous day.
Omg, I looooooooved my spinach latte in P1, and even all through maintenance...sadly I developed a food aversion to spinach right now in my pregnancy (along with other very healthy foods!), but working with what I can swallow (literally).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Have a question about roasting veggies. Lately I am obsessed with roasting cabbage (shredded) and very small pieces of cauliflower. I roast until very crisp and dark. Does anyone know if nutritional value is effected if you roast too long? Sometimes they are almost burnt crispies and as I sit there munching on this crispy almost nothing I wonder if any nutritional value is actually left in the poor veggie. Ideas?
I would think that roasting would retain most of the nutritional value since you are essentially just evaporating the water. Although some cooking methods can affect, I wouldn't worry and enjoy your crunches!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
SLEEP PLEASE ANYTIME

So I was wondering. Because of menopause and many other hormonal issues, sleep is a luxury for me, but since being on IP for 5 weeks, sleep is incredibly interrupted, short and with crazy dreams. I do have more energy, but extremely tired only because of waking up so many times during the night.

Is this normal? Is anyone else having these problems or is it just my hormones adjusting to the new IP? Even melatonin is not helping..... argh..... where is the sandman?????

On a Happy note, I reached my third goal, to weigh less than my husband who has weighed the same for the last 32 years we have been together. I have weighed more than him for the past 20 years. Yessir! This makes me happy! Next goal, reach the 170s before my 25th wedding anniversary in May.
Have you tried Melatonin??? I swear by it. The only time I wake up now is to pee. (I am pre-menopausal)
As for dreams, yes it is very common. I still have them but are so used to them now, I get upset when I wake up, wanting to know what the ending is.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #50  

Quote:
SLEEP PLEASE ANYTIME

My sleep was affected the first 6 weeks or so but eventually settled down. The magnesium does help with sleep. I actually increased the dosage for a bit.

Cortisol disruption can cause sleep problems (& diets like ours can disrupt cortisol cycles). I got some help from a Functional Medicine doctor
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #51  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Congrats to all the big losers!!
Okay, that's just funny. Only HERE are we totally excited for people to tell us what "losers" we are! (and proud of it!)

Quote:
CONGRATS!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #52  

Default Saturday nite excitement here (LOL)

I'm doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen and watching movies. Watched History of the Eagles on Showtime this afternoon. Have chicken carcass in a pot on the stove making bone broth.
Remember the days when we used to go OUT on Saturday nites?

Oh well, one less thing to do tomorrow when I'll want to be watching basketball (my March past-time). Next week we're travelling to my alma mater in MI to see the last game of the season (not quite the 50th b-day trip I had in mind but I'm up for it...I LOVE March Madness! - scuba will have to wait until DH has enough vacation time - possibly Dec)

Hope somebody is doing something more fun...oh...and I got my AARP sign-up materials in the mail today (happy friggin birthday). REALLY? as if I can retire anytime soon...lol
Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #53  
Started IP 11/28/12

Thank you everyone for the congrats.

It's so much fun to watch every ones victories - scale and otherwise.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #54  
Started IP 02/25/13

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
I started 1/12/13.. Also keep in mind that I lost 5 lbs before starting IP..
Its funny I felt like my weight had really stalled for a week or two , not completely but maybe .5 losses, then suddenly this morning whoosh...down to 237! Im amazed at how this plan has become second nature. I used to always be obsessed with eating, how much, when , where etc. Now I'm thinking about things other than my weight and food.
Also I love going food shopping now..my cart is filled with vegetables, and fruit for the kids..I'm happy with what I'm buying and don't feel ashamed about what Im putting on the register. If I stop and think I realize that I still look huge to others but I don't feel gross anymore...does that make sense?
Yes I totally get the not feeling gross part. Thats the way I felt when I lost 50 pounds last year.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning. Munching on potato rolls with fruit spread. I have not been successful making the potato tortilla on my pan, it ends up a big sloppy mess. But, lisa's (i think) potato roll recipe turned out a treat. great bread like texture. Have a good day everyone. It's finally getting brighter in the mornings!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 202.5/201/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm a newbie...but am on board 100% with the IP Diet. I've also managed to have my husband see the error of his ways...and he's along for the ride as well. We only started on Thursday so yes, we are very much newbies, however....we're both in the correct frame of mind and going strong.

I made a chart for us to update each Thursday with our weights and measurments....needless to say neither one of us is happy with our Starting Weight....but am sure we'll be loving life once we see all of our hard work has paid off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorinneJB View Post
I'm a newbie...but am on board 100% with the IP Diet. I've also managed to have my husband see the error of his ways...and he's along for the ride as well. We only started on Thursday so yes, we are very much newbies, however....we're both in the correct frame of mind and going strong.

I made a chart for us to update each Thursday with our weights and measurments....needless to say neither one of us is happy with our Starting Weight....but am sure we'll be loving life once we see all of our hard work has paid off.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Good for you...having a partner will make the journey much easier and fun!

Love that you're in the "correct frame of mind." Makes a world of difference!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Good Morning Everyone!

There are so many victories and success on the weekend thread! Keep up the good work everyone!

Lots to do today! Git er dun
Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #59  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! I'm all checked in for our early flight tomorrow and I already have my food and supplements ready to be packed. It's funny how my priorities are to get those ready even before thinking about packing clothing. I won't have a kitchen or microwave in the room this time around, so I'm taking mostly bars, cappuccino to mix in with coffee, and drink packets like lemonade that are easy to mix up with cold water. My fingers are crossed that I'll be happily surprised to have reached goal by the time I get back.

It should be a busy week coming up, between visiting with my 91 year old mom and going to see the progress of our new home under construction. We're at the fun point in the journey, down to selecting landscaping choices, but still have the not-so-fun parts of moving to face in the coming months.

I haven't had much time to check in here lately, but it looks like most folks are doing well. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #60  

I'll be traveling next weekend to MI (please, weather, cooperate!)
So this trip I'll get to take the Magic Bullet and whatever else I want to take.
We usually stay at a Hampton where there is ready access to a microwave but this time we're staying at an on-campus hotel (we're headed up for a basketball game).

I'll be planning my food this week and probably be making some potato muffins and maybe some veggie omelets ahead-of-time (I guess those could be muffins, too!). I need to find out about microwave availability (lobby?). Road trips are so much easier to plan for then flights!

This is a trip "home" where I usually (in my past, fatter life) have hit all my restaurant favs. This will be my 2nd trip where that won't be happening. All of those places and foods are what got me in the shape I was. And none of them are OP for P1.
Closed Thread