Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 133/117/112

Height: 5' 2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sirloin, Round or Tenderloin. Make sure you ask them to "dry-grill" it so they don't put a clump of butter on at the end!

Outback is fantastic at handling diet requests. You can also ask for plain, steam broccoli there.

Have fun!
Thank you! Just got back. Got the Sirloin...it was delicious!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

I had a sirloin and broccoli from outback today for lunch-yummy!!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #63  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My boys had tacos for lunch so I took the meat (spiced with a bit o spice and a bit of salsa as they like it plainer than spicy) and am now having my "big mac in the bowl" except it's a "big taco salad" in the bowl! LOL I was gonna put some southwest puffs on top for a spicy crunch, but used them all to make breading for my pork the other day -- that was yummy too!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sirloin, Round or Tenderloin. Make sure you ask them to "dry-grill" it so they don't put a clump of butter on at the end!
I found this out before I was on IP. We were at a very nice steak house on a cruise ship and my steak had a big wade of yellow on it. I asked my brother what it was. He said it was a pad of butter. My DH and I started scraping our steaks to get it off. I thought the waiter was going to die. Apparently we were very uncouth but I didn't care. What a terrible thing to do to a steak. LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I found this out before I was on IP. We were at a very nice steak house on a cruise ship and my steak had a big wade of yellow on it. I asked my brother what it was. He said it was a pad of butter. My DH and I started scraping our steaks to get it off. I thought the waiter was going to die. Apparently we were very uncouth but I didn't care. What a terrible thing to do to a steak. LOL
LMAO!! Pre-IP I would make my own compound butters (butter with herbs, etc), to dab on the steaks when they were finished grilling....ohhhh divine times those were!! Now I top steaks off with sautéed mushrooms!! YUM!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
No, I wish I had stayed on atkins but when I say I fell off the wagon, I mean I fell off, rolled down the hill and into the river, and went down stream. I barely made it out before I went over the water fall lol. I actually put everything back on that I lost, but then I sort of made up for lost time so I was expecting it!

But no more! It might sound strange but I think I'll feel a lot safer with more structure and less options. Less opportunity for "creative temptation"
Hey! Sounds like me! Lost 42 lbs the first time on IP and for many reasons (none of them seem logical at this point), went off protocol and gained everything back plus 22 lbs! Felt super good about myself at that point. The one thing i can take from that experience is that i know IP works, and i know now what i'm in for. I'm committed to this now and ready to be a healthier and happier version of myself! Good luck to you!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

I feel bad I even mentioned the whole cheat thing. Sorry if it upset people. I was not ADVOCATING cheating.... NUF said
On a happy note I finally found some underwater that fit! This is a huge thing for me as it seems every time I buy them and wash them, they become these horrible things! Got to stick up on them. Lol
Hockey season here and worked the booth at the rink last night! Glad French fries aren't my weakness because I cooked them for three hours!
Hope everybody is having a good day!
My apologies again. I will keep my mouth shut!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #68  

Underware. Not Underwater. Oh My Goodness
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #69  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
LMAO!! Pre-IP I would make my own compound butters (butter with herbs, etc), to dab on the steaks when they were finished grilling....ohhhh divine times those were!! Now I top steaks off with sautéed mushrooms!! YUM!
Oh my friend-- I KNEW you were the Little Red Hen! You grind your own wheat AND make your own butter?? Plus the homemade yogurt?.... I'm thinkin' of you as our own little Martha Stewart here!
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #70  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I feel bad I even mentioned the whole cheat thing. Sorry if it upset people. ...My apologies again. I will keep my mouth shut!
No apologies needed. We're all big people here, making our own decisions, and people need support of different kinds. Hopefully you don't keep your mouth shut -- a good discussion once in awhile is good for the soul-- got our metabolisms goin' a bit faster, which only burnt extra calories . I hope however, people don't take offence, just because someone expresses a contrary opinion once in awhile. However, you can definitely see how strongly people advocate against the cheating -- for good reason (been there, done that, still trying to get back to where I was)-- so it's a good message for new people to hear. Until you understand the "science" of this diet, a little "cheat" doesn't seem a big deal.

I think your "underwater" thing came from us all dreamin' of diving with Bubbleblower! LOL

Last edited by IP43; 02-16-2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Hey! Sounds like me! Lost 42 lbs the first time on IP and for many reasons (none of them seem logical at this point), went off protocol and gained everything back plus 22 lbs! Felt super good about myself at that point. The one thing i can take from that experience is that i know IP works, and i know now what i'm in for. I'm committed to this now and ready to be a healthier and happier version of myself! Good luck to you!
Isn't hindsight always 20/20? I wish I had foresight! Then maybe I would have stuck to something years ago and lost it all by now! Oh how I remember the days when I was 180 and thought I was HUGE. What I would do to be starting at 180 now! If I only I had known! Oh well. At least this time, when I get to 180, I'll have a lot more respect for it

One thing I can work on today, regardless of what I weigh is enjoying the body that I have now and being grateful for everything it does for me! I've been bad at this in the past. I'm not just going to be good to myself once I'm thin, I'm going to be good to myself right now. I need to remember that my body will treat me better if I take good care of it instead of poisoning it with junk food that makes me feel miserable emotionally and physically.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #72  

Ultramommynine.... You have exactly the right attitude! I thank God every day that I am healthy.... Pleasantly plump but healthy!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
No apologies needed. We're all big people here, making our own decisions, and people need support of different kinds. Hopefully you don't keep your mouth shut -- a good discussion once in awhile is good for the soul-- got our metabolisms goin' a bit faster, which only burnt extra calories . I hope however, people don't take offence, just because someone expresses a contrary opinion once in awhile. However, you can definitely see how strongly people advocate against the cheating -- for good reason (been there, done that, still trying to get back to where I was)-- so it's a good message for new people to hear. Until you understand the "science" of this diet, a little "cheat" doesn't seem a big deal.

I think your "underwater" thing came from us all dreamin' of diving with Bubbleblower! LOL
I think I might actually be multiquoting! Cool. IP43 always like hearing what you have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
Isn't hindsight always 20/20? I wish I had foresight! Then maybe I would have stuck to something years ago and lost it all by now! Oh how I remember the days when I was 180 and thought I was HUGE. What I would do to be starting at 180 now! If I only I had known! Oh well. At least this time, when I get to 180, I'll have a lot more respect for it

One thing I can work on today, regardless of what I weigh is enjoying the body that I have now and being grateful for everything it does for me! I've been bad at this in the past. I'm not just going to be good to myself once I'm thin, I'm going to be good to myself right now. I need to remember that my body will treat me better if I take good care of it instead of poisoning it with junk food that makes me feel miserable emotionally and physically.
Good to hear from you. Also like what you have to say. Taking care of our bodies what a concept. Are we maybe growing up??? Realizing we are not invincible anymore. I know it's about time for me. But have a long way to go to be really responsible for my body. Right now I am doing well on IP and stopped smoking a couple of months ago. One step at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
Ultramommynine.... You have exactly the right attitude! I thank God every day that I am healthy.... Pleasantly plump but healthy!
Right on! Same for me. Actually I feel very lucky that I am healthy. Have two sisters with medical issues, I am the one who abused my body the most and I luckily haven't had any medical issues yet......Knocking on wood
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 126.9/111.1/105

Height: 5'0

Default Surgery coming and want to be prepared

Hi there. I'm new to the whole online thing but must say reading everyone's posts about so many aspects of IP is great - thanks! Would really appreciate any thoughts on the surgery subject as it's adding to the stress of the whole thing that'set for next week. I can't get my mind off this! I've been without a solid coach almost from day 1. Clinic's coach was nice but never really helped me or reviewed my journal for suggestions. Most weighs (only had 4 with clinic since start in Nov - didn't do well and cheated a lot, stopped during Dec, then picked up in Jan) I felt like it was all about the $$$ and not overall well-being. Since the clinic wasn't helping me lose I started reading 3FChicks, made my own changes with suggestions from all of you, got my food from the clinic, and just started working hard on my own since 1/14/2013. I'm 5'0, 46 yrs old, started at 126.9 down to 111.1 as of today. I'm expecting weight gain due to IV and meds, maybe a bit of constipation - but if I stick OP and drink plenty of water it will come off right? Surgery expected to take 4-6 hours but after recovery I should be good to go home. Having capsulectomy removal both breasts with immediate reconstruction. Dr. is aware I'm on IP and not worried. I was aiming for 110 by surgery and I'm so close. I know I can stay OP after surgery and once cleared for walking on treadmill will feel better. Of course I'll follow dr.'s orders with meds and all, but would like to hear what others have experienced with IP issues after surgical procedures. Saw some posts regarding knee surgery, aving a baby, body lifts, etc. - all good info but I'm a worrier and caved in and had to ask. Thank you in advance for any thoughts! Have a great day!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default I survived an entire day in the jr. High concession stand and didn't cheat once

With the aroma of hot dogs, taco meat, hot ham and cheese and then all those home made treats, i didnt even sample a crumb. Hope my weigh in tomorrow is reflects my will.

Jac
Closed Thread