Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithL View Post
I just ate a pile of green blob that was supposed to be zucchini muffins... I need to stick with the tried and true recipes from you guys and stop experimenting on my own!!! This was not my first green blob incident, either... There have been others. At least it sort-of tasted muffinish even though it resembled alien slime.

This makes me greatly appreciate you recipe queens that post your creations on here! Thank you!!!
I've already had breakfast and am "patiently" waiting for lunch time. Somehow I thought "mmm green blob sure sounds nice about now "
Glad they were edible at least lol.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I just ate a pile of green blob that was supposed to be zucchini muffins... I need to stick with the tried and true recipes from you guys and stop experimenting on my own!!! This was not my first green blob incident, either... There have been others. At least it sort-of tasted muffinish even though it resembled alien slime.

This makes me greatly appreciate you recipe queens that post your creations on here! Thank you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lol @ alien green blob!
I've had some blobs for omelets and blob pancakes. I've also burned my share of kale chips.
For muffins, I just use the recipe I found here for packet muffins & add a cup of zucchini. They turn out great! Only issue ive ever had is if they weren't completely cooked...then I had blob I'm the middle.
I still have not tried making any muffins because even before IP I was terrible at the baking. Muffins would turn out hard as rocks, nit set or burn . Cooking I seem to be rocking at though because everytime I bring my supper to work my co-workers comment on how good it smells and tell me I should bring enough for all. I keep saying to them "see diet food can be yummy"
Old 02-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

It was funny this week that Nashua Nutrition screwed up my order and instead of double stuffed cookie syntax nectar I got the flavor crystal sky , I was upset cause I had been waiting to try this recommended flavor, and had no idea what a crystal sky would taste like. Nashua gladly refunded my money and the funny part is I actually really like the crystal sky, its like blue kool-aid but more fruity. (I loved the blue stuff as a kid) plus the 0 carbs and 23grams of protein don't hurt either. Sometimes mistakes can be a good thing

I had a great day yesterday, went out for a nice day in the city with my husband, it was fun and romantic, everything we wanted but on top of that I felt great and looked great to me, I spent to whole day in heals and bought a new pair that were on sale (I did not even own any pre-IP) it was the first time I really felt smaller and sexier ( having my husband unable to keep his hands off helps that ) I think it was because there were so many accomplishments I made diet wise this week, a total of 80lbs lost and under 200lbs and all that with work kicking my a** Sorry for the long post but I had to share.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 02-17-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
It was funny this week that Nashua Nutrition screwed up my order and instead of double stuffed cookie syntax nectar I got the flavor crystal sky , I was upset cause I had been waiting to try this recommended flavor, and had no idea what a crystal sky would taste like. Nashua gladly refunded my money and the funny part is I actually really like the crystal sky, its like blue kool-aid but more fruity. (I loved the blue stuff as a kid) plus the 0 carbs and 23grams of protein don't hurt either. Sometimes mistakes can be a good thing

I had a great day yesterday, went out for a nice day in the city with my husband, it was fun and romantic, everything we wanted but on top of that I felt great and looked great to me, I spent to whole day in heals and bought a new pair that were on sale (I did not even own any pre-IP) it was the first time I really felt smaller and sexier ( having my husband unable to keep his hands off helps that ) I think it was because there were so many accomplishments I made diet wise this week, a total of 80lbs lost and under 200lbs and all that with work kicking my a** Sorry for the long post but I had to share.
How nice you got to have such a nice day with your husband! I know that my husband will always tell me I look beautiful no matter what I look like but it feels SO GOOD to know when you look and feel great! Enjoy that feeling! And Yay! New shoes are just icing on the metaphoric cake!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #110  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone,
I started IP almost 2 weeks ago. I am finding it the easiest diet I have done. The first week was rough but now I feel great!!

I am a Proud Navy wife and it can be a challenge when I have to go to Navy functions but I am trying to plan ahead and take my own IP food.

The other BIG challenge for me is that my two DD are swimmers so on meet days we are at the pool from 7:00am until 5:00pm. Yesterday I planned ahead and it worked great

I have found for myself it works really well to save my restricted for about 4:00pm and have the southwest cheese curls. Feels like I am not on a diet!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #111  

Hi everyone

I'm watching an interesting series of YouTube videos

The Men Who Made Us Fat

I'm on part 3, it is when they start talking about how bad sugar is. Parts 1 & 2 are good too!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

I had a bit of a zucchini muffin disaster today too! Must be the day. I don't thnk I cooked them enough. I've made them in the past, and they really are great, so don't give up on them yet.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I had a bit of a zucchini muffin disaster today too! Must be the day. I don't thnk I cooked them enough. I've made them in the past, and they really are great, so don't give up on them yet.
Works best for me if I pre-sautee the zucchini first. I didn't do that today so I'm baking my muffins a bit longer.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-17-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 269/203/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Works best for me if I pre-sautee the zucchini first. I didn't do that today so I'm baking my muffins a bit longer.
If we are what we eat, I might be a zucchini soon. I put them in everything, but my favorite way to eat them is to saute julienne strips of them... I swear it's 1000 times better than pasta ever was. I try to make people at work try them and they look at me as if I am insane, but I'm really just trying to take over the world and spread my zucchini obsession.

With these muffins, I tried to puree the zucchini and put a paste in the muffins... yeah... don't ever do that.... unless you want green muffin blobs...
Old 02-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle595 View Post
Hi there. I'm new to the whole online thing but must say reading everyone's posts about so many aspects of IP is great - thanks! Would really appreciate any thoughts on the surgery subject as it's adding to the stress of the whole thing that'set for next week. I can't get my mind off this! I've been without a solid coach almost from day 1. Clinic's coach was nice but never really helped me or reviewed my journal for suggestions. Most weighs (only had 4 with clinic since start in Nov - didn't do well and cheated a lot, stopped during Dec, then picked up in Jan) I felt like it was all about the $$$ and not overall well-being. Since the clinic wasn't helping me lose I started reading 3FChicks, made my own changes with suggestions from all of you, got my food from the clinic, and just started working hard on my own since 1/14/2013. I'm 5'0, 46 yrs old, started at 126.9 down to 111.1 as of today. I'm expecting weight gain due to IV and meds, maybe a bit of constipation - but if I stick OP and drink plenty of water it will come off right? Surgery expected to take 4-6 hours but after recovery I should be good to go home. Having capsulectomy removal both breasts with immediate reconstruction. Dr. is aware I'm on IP and not worried. I was aiming for 110 by surgery and I'm so close. I know I can stay OP after surgery and once cleared for walking on treadmill will feel better. Of course I'll follow dr.'s orders with meds and all, but would like to hear what others have experienced with IP issues after surgical procedures. Saw some posts regarding knee surgery, aving a baby, body lifts, etc. - all good info but I'm a worrier and caved in and had to ask. Thank you in advance for any thoughts! Have a great day!
Hey Ellie - I had the knee surgery in December. I was told to go off of IP for the surgery and expect to be off for 2 weeks afterwards. I was all set for it only I had to be on pain meds. The meds took my appetite away completely.
I had to start walking the day after my surgery although I was on crutches or a walker for a while. Just be good to your body and give it what it needs.
If you have to eat off program please do not consider it a cheat. Depending on how you recover your doctor may tell you to eat more of one type of food. My dr wanted more dairy and whole grains for at least a week. (ok he didn't get it but....) Just take it one day at a time and don't give up the pain meds too early! take them for at least the first 48 hours then see how you feel. The pain med rec came from several friends of mine who are drs. You wont get addicted to anything by taking it for a week or 2 after surgery (my concern because I was on Oxycontin and dilaudid) And finally, get online whenever you feel well enough and let us know how you are doing!
Idealproteinewbie I am with ya on the roasted veggies. I just finished making rutabaga fries for the week for my lunch!
Had an interesting discussion with my hubby. I was talking about the new gadget someone found for making the zucchini into s'getti. He said something about me only being on IP for 4-5 more months so do I really need it. I realize jsut how much i have learned from IP becuz I told him yes. Even though pasta will be back in my life it will be on a very limited basis and I didn't intend on giving up on the veggies and how I use them in place of carbs after I came off of the program. Get ready 4th of July!!! Rutabaga fries for me!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

Monica CONGRATS!!!! Amazing results for you!!!! blue sky sounds good!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #117  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasamimom View Post
Hi Everyone,
I started IP almost 2 weeks ago. I am finding it the easiest diet I have done. The first week was rough but now I feel great!!

I am a Proud Navy wife and it can be a challenge when I have to go to Navy functions but I am trying to plan ahead and take my own IP food.

The other BIG challenge for me is that my two DD are swimmers so on meet days we are at the pool from 7:00am until 5:00pm. Yesterday I planned ahead and it worked great

I have found for myself it works really well to save my restricted for about 4:00pm and have the southwest cheese curls. Feels like I am not on a diet!!

Great job on planning! IP is easy to follow when you are prepared, and really challenging when you aren't.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #118  

Quote:
If we are what we eat, I might be a zucchini soon. I put them in everything, but my favorite way to eat them is to saute julienne strips of them... I swear it's 1000 times better than pasta ever was. I try to make people at work try them and they look at me as if I am insane, but I'm really just trying to take over the world and spread my zucchini obsession.

With these muffins, I tried to puree the zucchini and put a paste in the muffins... yeah... don't ever do that.... unless you want green muffin blobs...
I grate mine with an old fashion hand-grater
Then I sautée a bit first (didnt today)

And I'll be a zucchini or a head of cauliflower. Since zucchinis are slimmer, that's my choice!

Since I need to be gluten-free now, zucchini (or broccoli slaw) pasta are probably the only ones I'll have going forward.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #119  
Ideal protein

S/C/G: 297/268/155

Height: 5'9"

I am so sorry I mentioned cheating. I guess I justified it because DH and I haven't been out since last summer. To answer someone's comment about why didn't I have the veggies. Well I have to balance all this. I am on Coumadin so I couldn't eat their veggies cuz they were broccoli and last week my inr was only 1.2. Not good. Too many vitamin k veggies. Puts me at a huge risk of blood clot in the lung. The part that amazed me was that I didn't want any more potato. Before I would have scarfed the whole thing down. Plain baked potatoes have been a favorite since I was two...maybe part of my downfall. I have to admit the next morning my body did want some carbs- my daughters blueberries for lunch but it felt good to get right back on and be able to say no to them. DH and I have been on the diet for a month now and that was our only cheat. We are back to following it exactly. I haven't tried rutabaga fries or cauliflower rice. Where do I find the recipe?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynsMom View Post
I am so sorry I mentioned cheating. I guess I justified it because DH and I haven't been out since last summer. To answer someone's comment about why didn't I have the veggies. Well I have to balance all this. I am on Coumadin so I couldn't eat their veggies cuz they were broccoli and last week my inr was only 1.2. Not good. Too many vitamin k veggies. Puts me at a huge risk of blood clot in the lung. The part that amazed me was that I didn't want any more potato. Before I would have scarfed the whole thing down. Plain baked potatoes have been a favorite since I was two...maybe part of my downfall. I have to admit the next morning my body did want some carbs- my daughters blueberries for lunch but it felt good to get right back on and be able to say no to them. DH and I have been on the diet for a month now and that was our only cheat. We are back to following it exactly. I haven't tried rutabaga fries or cauliflower rice. Where do I find the recipe?
I don't think anyone has to say they are sorry for the discussion that took place Fri/Sat. It's a forum for discussing in the 1st place. If we all agree and did things exactly the same, what need would there be to discuss anything??
If we can only share triumphs and not struggles here, what's the point of being here for each other???
Closed Thread