Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #61  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
However, speaking of "animals", I was grabbing some paper from my office and the "Goose" story fell out of the stack and I thought of "y'all"

"Next fall when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creats an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation the whole flock has at least 70% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.

When goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone...and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose will will stay in formation with those who are headed the same way we are....

Thanks for flyin' with me. Maybe the little "chick" icon is really a baby goose!!
Love this!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #62  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Meant to do this earlier!!!

Happy birthday, scorbett!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #63  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yay for supportive hubbies!

Mine is continually amazed when I report weight losses. He keeps saying, "I thought it would slow down" Last WI he finally said, "well, it can't STILL be water weight" LOL
Same situation here! I think that my DH is finally becoming a believer rather than thinking this is another waste of money! He looked at me today and kind of chuckled, and when I asked him what he was thinking he smiled and said, "You're feeling pretty good, huh?" My whole attitude and outlook is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma4343 View Post
Congrats on all the weight loss and NSV's around here. I feel like I just cannot keep up with these threads, tried to post regularly and was just lost. So, I don't post too much. But, I do read on most days.

Well, weigh in has me down 2.7! So so happy! However, I leave for a week long vacation tomorrow. I am so nervous about staying on plan. It is a friend trip with about 6 friends coming. So, it will be really fun and I know there will be a lot of drinking.

I am planning to stay on plan. So, I have packed all of my packets and boy does that put a dent in your packing room

So, regarding vacation. For me the issue is that when you are early or in the middle of your weight loss and you come back from vacation up 3 to 6 pounds, it just really kills your spirit (notice my weight, I did this). I didn't go crazy on that vacation and only cheated with alcohol. But, still enough to have me up 3.1 lbs. So, I felt like I lost over a month of time. (2 weeks to originally lose those lbs, 1 week to gain them, 2 more weeks to re lose gained lbs). After 2 weeks of good losses, I feel much better but need to tackle this next vacation.

However, I think I finally realize I have to DIET the REST OF MY LIFE. This is not a temporary situation. If I want to stay at a good weight, I have to be on a diet. The End. Period. I think this realization has helped me a lot with keeping on plan. And, I feel positive about this fact of dieting the rest of my life

Good luck Everyone! And, thanks for being here.
I'm having the same challenges keeping up with everyone's posts! I agree that this is just a stage in a long term program of changing the way I eat. I will *never* go back to how I used to eat. After all, I saw where that got me!

You'll do fine while you're away if you're committed to sticking to the program. If I was able to I was able to do it for 19 days of my first month on IP, anyone can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Happy weekend everyone!

Very interesting discussion topic today. I also have a trip planned for two weeks in March. I will be staying with my parents, which is good since it means not eating out all the time. The bad part is that my mother will be cooking, and she really isn't very open to any variations. She also will not let anyone else cook! So I haven't quite decided exactly what I will do, but I'm certainly taking all the advice on here into consideration. My mother also just found out she has cancer (for the 3rd time in 2 years), and although it is relatively minor (as minor as cancer gets...), it's really not a good time to discuss it with her.
Sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. As far as your eating while you're gone, you're going to have to be your own advocate. If your mother sees that unless she's flexible you'll either not be eating the food she prepares, or you'll be running out to pick up something OP for yourself. I tend to think she'll relinquish enough kitchen control to let you nuke some veggies and eat some tuna if it really comes to that. I hope it doesn't.

Quote:
However, speaking of "animals", I was grabbing some paper from my office and the "Goose" story fell out of the stack and I thought of "y'all"

"Next fall when you see geese heading south for the winter flying along in V formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creats an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in V formation the whole flock has at least 70% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own. People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.

When goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone...and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front. If we have as much sense as a goose will will stay in formation with those who are headed the same way we are....

Thanks for flyin' with me. Maybe the little "chick" icon is really a baby goose!!
LOVE THIS!!! THANKS!!! :CP:
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by esbsize4 View Post
Hi Everyone!!
I just joined IP this morning and love everything about it. Can anyone give me any helpful hints and words of advice. I'm so excited to get back to my size 4!!
I also just signed up for this site and think it's great! I just hope I can figure out how to use it properly.
Welcome!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Chloe & Bubble! I have definitely felt special today! NSV moment of the day was when my dad called earlier - I had made a comment that it was my last birthday in my 30's. He didn't believe me at first, then realized it was true - he said "well at least you LOOK like you're just turning 30!" Love my daddy

Was hoping to pick up the new car today, but the dealer couldn't make it to the DMV to get registration done on Friday. So Tuesday it is, either way the timing is great as we will be back in our own vehicle just in time for hubby to start his LAST semester for his Associates degree It's gonna be a good year
Old 01-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #66  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Same situation here! I think that my DH is finally becoming a believer rather than thinking this is another waste of money! He looked at me today and kind of chuckled, and when I asked him what he was thinking he smiled and said, "You're feeling pretty good, huh?" My whole attitude and outlook is better!
I hate to say it but that is NOT all your hubby was thinking. I'm thinking that it was more like "My wife is lookin' pretty good.... I wonder if she's "feelin'" as good as she looks...hubba hubba"
.... of course when YOU asked him, he had to kind of "reword" that thinking, but the chuckle really said it all
Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I have to admit I was worried about how I would feed my houseguests and stay on plan and then I had a revelation: cook the stuff still left in my house that's off plan and let them eat it! I did that explained why and everyone laughed and ate well. I wasn't tempted once, never even tasted the food as I was cooking it.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Scorbett-
Happy, Happy Birthday To You!!! I Hope You Felt Like A Princess All Day!!!
Old 01-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #69  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I think you and Rainbow are the two of the three most important folks on this thread regulary, truly being kind and supportive to all, providing great advice. (Wuv, of course is the third.) Not trying to prioritize people, but you are natural leaders here.

Chloe
Uh Chloe??? I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am the author of the infamous "Fridge bottom soup", "Burnt Zuchinni Chips" and "Soggy Zuchinni chips part II" -- I think you are forgetting my valuable contribution as, while my dear friends may teach by example what to do, I teach equally by examples of what NOT to do...

.... I also happen to be the one footing the bill for the Carb-Free cruise (*disclaimer: only upon winning the $50 mill Lotto Max) so you may want to send a warm fuzzy or two my way... I'm in charge of booking the swedish masseurs on the cruise...

Last edited by IP43; 01-19-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #70  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Holy crap IPeeps - I just have to vent on here...I have been having some major gas issues today!!!! Outperforming my husband who is a master blaster...we are such a romantic couple...wonder how we ever got to babymaking! Drinking some seltzer to help settle things down.

I was reading up and should have about 10% more blood in my system at this stage of the game and think that may be the source of my frequent dizzy spells - I need to remember to take my time getting up off the couch...been spending more time laying around lately!

My dad is driving in next week to help out with my son (MLK Day off at preschool and his first week back at morning speech therapy along with a 2-day speech evaluation...it's going to be a long week back!). It is going to be so hard to 'hide' this news from him, I am a big daddy's girl and this is something I desperately want to share with him, but am sticking to my guns and waiting until after I get my 1st OB appointment. Just not ready to share this with the 'outside world'.

Last edited by LizRR; 01-19-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

Sending you "healing thoughts" and hoping all is well. I've been feeling dizzy lately too-- even had a "halter" worn for a day -- and I can never decide if it's flu, too little food, too little sleep, too little salt... so many things it could be, but I didn't realize you could have too little blood?
Anyway, I know you'll keep us posted. Just rest if you have to. And if you need support, you know your family will be there to help with the little ones, so tell them if you need to. to you
Old 01-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #72  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks Chloe & Bubble! I have definitely felt special today! NSV moment of the day was when my dad called earlier - I had made a comment that it was my last birthday in my 30's. He didn't believe me at first, then realized it was true - he said "well at least you LOOK like you're just turning 30!" Love my daddy

Was hoping to pick up the new car today, but the dealer couldn't make it to the DMV to get registration done on Friday. So Tuesday it is, either way the timing is great as we will be back in our own vehicle just in time for hubby to start his LAST semester for his Associates degree It's gonna be a good year
OMG, what is it with Dad's & their daughters birthdays! I guess they will always see us as little girls. The summer I graduated COLLEGE my Dad guesstimated that I was turning 16 that summer...yeah, just a few years off - I am no Doogie Howser. Hubby was determined to hold on to it until the bitter end...I can't say much, I had my last car for 17 years.

We are in the market for a new car, we need to get our butts moving sooner than later - jealous for your shiny new wheels! I am looking to replace a 15 year old hail damaged POS that keeps breaking down, failed inspection, & has broken air bags!

Quote:
Sending you "healing thoughts" and hoping all is well. I've been feeling dizzy lately too-- even had a "halter" worn for a day -- and I can never decide if it's flu, too little food, too little sleep, too little salt... so many things it could be, but I didn't realize you could have too little blood?
Anyway, I know you'll keep us posted. Just rest if you have to. And if you need support, you know your family will be there to help with the little ones, so tell them if you need to. to you
Ohhhh....you gotta put those 'Halter Top' pics on the 'What are you Wearing' thread for sure hot momma! I need to look it up more, but from what I remember I think the standing up too fast dizzy spells are pretty normal right now, I am totally fine otherwise (besides the constant gas). My dad is retired and is always looking for an excuse to come up and spend time with my son - and he is really helpful too, we LOVE when he comes up!

Last edited by LizRR; 01-19-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #73  
Diane on track July 2014

No cheeky monkey -- not a Halter TOP. It was a heart monitor thingy because I keep getting dizzy etc. I don't think ANYONE wants pics of me wearing nothing but a heart monitor. Took me days to get the sticky goo residue off too, so I had some pretty "fuzzy circles" on my torso for a few days. I looked like crop circles gone wrong.

Glad to hear you've got lots of support for your wee ones. That makes me feel better for you already. Still, rest. Go to bed NOW you night owl!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #74  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Dad's are the best and always seem to be able to make us feel like daddy's little girl. Mine passed away at 85 but I still have to smile when I think about him calling me by one of my nicknames. He was the only one who ever called me by anything other than my name, and my nicknames never changed, from the time I was 5 years old.

Sounds like you had a great day and you're getting this year off to the right start!!

Quote:
I hate to say it but that is NOT all your hubby was thinking. I'm thinking that it was more like "My wife is lookin' pretty good.... I wonder if she's "feelin'" as good as she looks...hubba hubba"
.... of course when YOU asked him, he had to kind of "reword" that thinking, but the chuckle really said it all
LOL! He actually said something along those lines as he took his "new super-duper extra potency vitamins" tonight. But that was before he fell asleep.

Quote:
Uh Chloe??? I don't want to toot my own horn, but I am the author of the infamous "Fridge bottom soup", "Burnt Zuchinni Chips" and "Soggy Zuchinni chips part II" -- I think you are forgetting my valuable contribution as, while my dear friends may teach by example what to do, I teach equally by examples of what NOT to do...
Too funny! I see your cooking skills are right up there with mine. I tried making a chocolate muffin tonight. Let's just say the results were not what I expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post

My dad is driving in next week to help out with my son (MLK Day off at preschool and his first week back at morning speech therapy along with a 2-day speech evaluation...it's going to be a long week back!). It is going to be so hard to 'hide' this news from him, I am a big daddy's girl and this is something I desperately want to share with him, but am sticking to my guns and waiting until after I get my 1st OB appointment. Just not ready to share this with the 'outside world'.
You'll have to keep us posted on how the visit goes. Dads can be very perceptive!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Scorbett! The best thing about 39 is that it is the age you stay at! I have done it 17 times so far, keeps me young
Closed Thread