Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Thank you!!

WOW your new picture looks great!
Thanks so much
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Land O Lakes resurrected as Kernel Season's?

All,
Just came back from the movies and at the popcorn counter I saw they were selling "Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning" in these little .9 oz containters that looked much like Land O Lakes Seasonings containers which have been pulled from the market.

Rainbow and Molly, look at this website. www.kernelseasons.com and click on Popcorn Seasonings.

They are both made in Elk Grove Village, IL and as I still have the original Land O Lakes version of all 5 flavors sold originally and tasted what I bought tonight at the movie theatre and compared it to the Land O Lakes version... very similar with nearly identical nutritional stats.

At the www.kernelseasons.com website (after selecting popcorn seasonings), you'll see they offer a web special where you can buy 4 and get the 5th free (5 for $15.99) of the 2.85 oz size (Land O Lakes sold a 3 oz container). Noted they also sell 14 flavors (i.e. pizza, chili lime, jalapeno, white cheddar, bacon cheddar, milk chocolate caramel, caramel, apple cinnamon, cajun, etc.).

Check the stats, these would need to be used very sparingly. However, Rainbow and I were just lamenting on how the Land O Lakes product info was pulled from their website, product was gone...my guess, and it's not confirmed, is that the product has been resurrected as Kernel Season's. (Yes, that's how they spell it, including that apostrophe). I used these with great success on IP in 2012 and am thrilled they are back!

This is such great news, I will probably repeat it tomorrow on the weekend thread so interested folks don't miss it, given how late in the day this story is breaking. (Can you tell I'm excited?)

They have a store locator on the website as well.

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-04-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #123  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Birthday girl! No cake for me butbi did have a sugar free Popsicle. It's a nice treat. I made three hit fudge sundaes for the kids after dinner tonight. I didn't have the urge for any. Kylie, my 5 year old was excited because she knows for birthdays the staff will make a sundae for you and sing as they bring it out in laughed and said no cake for daddy. She said you have to its your birthday. I smiled and said nope I was down four pounds today and that's four pounds closer to our trip to Disney.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #124  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

GeauxTigers, so sorry you had to go through that. I left my eye doctor because of a similar experience. Funny thing, a week after I had it out with the office about the terrible service and experience, I "won" a monthly contest and got a gift card to the local grocery store. Used the gift card, still switched doctors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I have a strange question that is of little or no importance, but I will ask anyway! I have always wondered about the nutritional info for gum e.g. 3 calories per piece. Do you think that's the calories for chewing it, or if you actually swallowed it? And if its the calories for chewing it, how many calories if you swallow it? Like I said, strange question, but just something that I was thinking of when looking at the nutrition label on gum. LOL
I believe that is calories for chewing, not swallowing. Things are released from the gum when you chew it, and absorbed by your body when you swallow your saliva.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #125  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Time to bake the cookies!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

USMC, happy birthday!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #127  

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday Vet and Nolawhodatchick!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Happy Birthday Vet and Nolawhodatchick!
Yes, forgot Happy Bday to Nolawhodatchick as well!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #129  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Time to bake the cookies!
ROFL!!!! I guess it's an EXTRA happy birthday for you!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #130  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Scorbett12 & Kileymed13 Thank you!! Losers that we are, we're home at 9pm and I am off to put my beautiful daughter to bed. Just wanted to let you know the Longhorn Steakhouse in Wareham was great!! Our waitress was very accommodating, and even asked me ??? before I was done with my order. She brought back my salad because it was wrong, she noticed before I did. I know this is what wait staff are supposed to do, but we ALL know that isn't always the case!
I had salad, 6oz filet and broccoli. Amazing how good food can still taste without a lot of add-ons!! All my food was delicious!! My husband had the bread and some king of potato, bacon and cheese soup. The only thing that really bugged me was I wanted a drink so bad!!! And the desserts looked killer!!!
But since I wasn't getting drinks of dessert, the bill was only $60. We had $50 in GC!! If I had been doing the usual, the bill would have been way higher!!
They were mobbed but everyone was in sync and I'll tell ya I was happily surprised at the service even though we waited about 45mins. Very well organized.
We should meet there sometime!!!

I asked the mods to make my restaurant review thread a sticky and she said she would, but it's not. I'll have to email her again. But, I would give this place
RE: your sticky thread - she added it to the Newbie sticky thread, the link to it is called "Restaurant Woes". it's there!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #131  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
ROFL!!!! I guess it's an EXTRA happy birthday for you!
It was a great birthday.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #132  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I second that!!!

Yay! Congrats on your 2lbs!!!
Regarding your coach....wish I could fly out there and slap her. You SHOULD be averaging 2-3lbs per week (maybe more some weeks, less others). Exercise will NOT improve the results (but you can do mild walks if it makes you feel good, just add an extra packet within 1/2 hr afterward. I walked a slow mile or two every day when the weather was nice and just had a drink mix when I got home). Shame on her for laying a guilt trip on you.

It's been discussed in some of the alternative products threads that some coaches are OK supporting clients who use other products, some are not. At the end of the day they are running a business, and if you're not buying IP products you aren't supporting the business. She is clearly one who is IP or nothing. Eventually you may have to make a decision whether to continue with alternatives or IP, but for now a little white lie about your shake shouldn't hurt
I'll stick it out with her. She means well and is trying to figure things out for me. Like someone else on here said, It averages 3 lbs a week so if I look at it that way, it's all good. It just gets frustrating seeing all the great success from everyone and my body is not responding the same. I'm in it for the long haul. The support here is AWESOME
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26965 View Post
What about a mug cake from the vanilla drink (with some WF choc syrup if you have it?). i've only made it with chocolate drink and it's really good!

Chocolate Mug Cake...Instant Joy!

And Happy Birthday to you and Vet!!!!
THANK YOU for this recipe!!! It was just what I needed. I forgot the oil so I probably messed up the consistency just a bit, but it was yummy anyway. I have a feeling it's better in chocolate...just because I love chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Birthday girl! No cake for me butbi did have a sugar free Popsicle. It's a nice treat. I made three hit fudge sundaes for the kids after dinner tonight. I didn't have the urge for any. Kylie, my 5 year old was excited because she knows for birthdays the staff will make a sundae for you and sing as they bring it out in laughed and said no cake for daddy. She said you have to its your birthday. I smiled and said nope I was down four pounds today and that's four pounds closer to our trip to Disney.
I had IP cake, Vet! Sounds like you had a very fun no-cake celebration too! Hope you really enjoyed your day
Old 01-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #134  
SEXYBYTHESUMMERTIME

S/C/G: 271/244/170

Default 1st week

Im excited. This site is so cool. All the advice and all of the alternative..Yes I love it..I know this is going to work.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday, Vet and Nola! I'm super late to the party - it's been one of those weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks SD. I'll look for that flavor next time I'm in Walmart. Have you tried any of the vanilla's. I'm thinking they would be good with the WI chocolate syrup....yum
I agree with SD, the rich dark chocolate is great (much better than chocolate fudge in my opinion). The other flavors I like are vanilla (I add cinnamon to it) and the cafe caramel. I like to blend mine up with ice to make it super cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Oh boy, I'm freaking out a little bit. I went out to lunch with some friends and ordered very carefully. When the food came, it wasn't what I thought it would be and while it wasn't sweet I can only imagine that it had peanuts in the sauce and definitely wasn't OP. I should have just put it to the side and ordered something else, but I picked out the chicken as best I could and ate it. Now I'm having major palpitations -- I've not done one thing OP in 19 weeks!! And this definitely wasn't worth screwing up for :-(
As others have said, don't stress about it. You made the best of a bad situation and I'm sure you will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Just got back from my 4 week WI. Down another 2 lbs. I'm still not really happy with the amount I'm losing. My coach suggested that I add at least a 15 minute walk daily this week to see how that changes things. My eating looked good BUT she did read that this morning I had an EAS RTD and asked if that was a mistake. I said no, that I wanted to try something new. I was told right away that she couldn't support using any other products. So I guess I'll keep using enough IP products to keep her happy. I plan on still using my newly purchased alternatives and marking them on MFP as IP products. At least until they are gone. She made me feel so guilty that I strayed off program. Not an upbeat person, but all her clients are doing great. What to do? hummmm

But I lost another 2 lbs..!!!
Congrats on the loss and sorry about your coach. But I don't think it's a bad idea to try walking to see how you like it. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week. 3 days are weight lifting and 2 or 3 days are walking (3 or 4 miles) or some other lighter cardio like elliptical or bike. I always eat 4 packets a day and on my weight lifting days I also supplement with some extra protein and a hard boiled egg or egg whites. If it has slowed my losses, I haven't noticed it and honestly the stress relief alone is worth it. Just listen to your body. Some people get weak or fatigue easily and can't really push it. Other people have no problem.
Closed Thread