Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #31  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
No way! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm amazed at your loss! I just read your post on all the little things you can do that you couldn't before and it was so touching...that's really what this is all about for me.

Guess what...today is my birthday today, too! 47th! For my birthday present, the scale said I gained .4 lb so I"m ignoring it. I can do that, after all, cuz it's my birthday

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!
That's a great attitude, Nola! .4 lbs isn't worth thinking about! You will prolly pee that later today! Happy bday! Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #32  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

My NSV today....doing some laundry before we head out of town this afternoon. I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dryer and looked at the tag to see if they were my daughters or sons jeans. They were mine.

Once I got them straightened out they were clearly mine, but all bunched up I couldn't tell. What a difference from June when I was in a size 18 pants. There was definitely no confusion back then between my jeans and my kids.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning! Toady is my 41st birthday. I just weighed in and I'm down 4 more pounds. It was a great "present" to myself.
Happy birthday! Congrats on your WI. Awesome!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #34  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
My NSV today....doing some laundry before we head out of town this afternoon. I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dryer and looked at the tag to see if they were my daughters or sons jeans. They were mine.

Once I got them straightened out they were clearly mine, but all bunched up I couldn't tell. What a difference from June when I was in a size 18 pants. There was definitely no confusion back then between my jeans and my kids.
AWESOME!!! JUST AWESOME!!! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #35  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Happy birthday Nola!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #36  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

trying to get through the day at work when I would much rather be home in bed. Not feeling that great today. Perhaps that is why the scale hasn't been moving this week.

Anyone else seem to have a lot of emotional ups and downs doing IP or any other program. It is so weird. Yesterday I physically and emotionally felt on top of the world. Today I feel like I am stuck to the bottom of it's shoe.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #37  

Nolawhodatchick: Happy birthday! Have a great day!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Awesome NSV!!!!!! Whoop whoop!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
No way! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm amazed at your loss! I just read your post on all the little things you can do that you couldn't before and it was so touching...that's really what this is all about for me.

Guess what...today is my birthday today, too! 47th! For my birthday present, the scale said I gained .4 lb so I"m ignoring it. I can do that, after all, cuz it's my birthday

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Finally, a good WI!! Down 3.4 this week after 3 really low loss weeks. Whew!

Tea-wise, I really like Tazo's Spicy Ginger tea. My stomach is challenged on this diet, so I drink lots of this.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Yesterday I made a turkey for pup and me. (DH is vegetarian.) It came out pretty well, but Aslyn still only took a few bites. Upon DH's suggestion I pureed it with some cauliflower and she licked at that several more times. She seems to eat better if I am eating the same thing at the same time. So, I may have lots of meat in the immediate future. Pup is still doing very poorly and DH is really struggling. He cried yesterday more than I have ever seen him cry. I think this would be much less difficult on him if his mother had not been a complete jerk about our past decisions to euthanize pets that were suffering and had no hope of recovery after years of extensive veterinary/home veterinary care. I worry about her quality of life, however, Aslyn remains very "bright, alert, and responsive" as they say. She can only walk a few steps with both of us carrying her. (I have been getting in some serious weightlifting CREDITS the last few days of ~120 pounds of dog.) I know I can't force his decision though. She is our dog and all I can do is pray and try to point out that she won't get better (even with thousands of dollars of oncology) and that she has very low quality of life.

Eating yesterday was a little off pattern but on plan, as I ate my turkey/lunch/dinner at 2 PM and had a bit more turkey at 7 PM. I tried the recipe for IP stuffing. I was totally skeptical, but it really worked. Thanks to the original poster! Breakfast this morning was on plan. Today I will make some turkey broth.

Chloe222, thanks so much for keeping us in your prayer.

Nolawhodatchick, thank you so much for thinking of us.

NavyMommy, I never thought about joining a gym for the shower afterward. (Can you guess I am not a parent?) I will so keep that in mind for the future!

LizRRR, I am so impressed with your running. I am sure you have answered this before, but at what point in your weight loss did you start running?

A1Texan, hope the weigh in went great!

MomPattie, sorry you are dealing with a sick kid again. T'is the season, but I am hoping for you that you have one that is not a grumpy sick kid.

MrsKuby, I hope you had a great weight in this morning.

Maezy, hope your doctor appointment was positive and that you are feeling good after PT.

Kay2012, glad to read how mentally great you are doing with your body changing.

NinjaNurse, thanks for your kind thoughts. We are planning to move in a few months, which may land us over seas. Because of that, we are not getting any new fuzzy family members until after the move. So, that may be what is so hard about Aslyn, because she is the last one left. I am laughing that you too find the work routine better for your home-life sanity.

MonikaKolesnik, thank you for helping me appreciate what a gift this time with pup is. Can't wait until you get back to Onderland. I am hanging on to stay there myself. Would your vet allow you to give your cat a low dose of Pepcid? My vet has had me do that for both cat and dog when on antibiotics.

Bellamack, thanks for your thoughts about pup. An OES sounds like an amazing dog to cuddle with. I had a good friend whose miniature collie had bone cancer in her jaw. They ended up removing 1/2 of it and she lived another 10 years. It is amazing what can be done, but sad that it does not work well for all pets. Pets bring me too much joy from day to day to not get more in the future. Even though this is painful now, I know she has had a good life with us and she knows how much we love her.
I love your idea about crustless quiche. A frittata might also work well, as you can load both up with veggies.

USMCVet, happy birthday!!! What a great way to start this year with so much weight off! You must feel great!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #41  

Happy BD Vet and NOLA!! Great present Vet!

Navymom, I drink David's Tea as well ( great minds think alike MomPattie!). I have one caffeinated (usually Earl's Garden) and a decaf tea (lately has been
Twinings Lady Grey).

Down over 4 lbs this week (last week showed a 0.4 gain but I think it was water retention from eating ham a few times).
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #42  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, Coaches and Buddies.

Yesterday I made a turkey for pup and me. (DH is vegetarian.) It came out pretty well, but Aslyn still only took a few bites. Upon DH's suggestion I pureed it with some cauliflower and she licked at that several more times. She seems to eat better if I am eating the same thing at the same time. So, I may have lots of meat in the immediate future. Pup is still doing very poorly and DH is really struggling. He cried yesterday more than I have ever seen him cry. I think this would be much less difficult on him if his mother had not been a complete jerk about our past decisions to euthanize pets that were suffering and had no hope of recovery after years of extensive veterinary/home veterinary care. I worry about her quality of life, however, Aslyn remains very "bright, alert, and responsive" as they say. She can only walk a few steps with both of us carrying her. (I have been getting in some serious weightlifting CREDITS the last few days of ~120 pounds of dog.) I know I can't force his decision though. She is our dog and all I can do is pray and try to point out that she won't get better (even with thousands of dollars of oncology) and that she has very low quality of life.
I know how tough it can be to let go. Our furry friends become a very real part of our families. That said, you both will know when it's time to say goodbye. Animals can be very stoic, inherently resistant to showing weakness. Just because she is 'bright, alert, and responsive' doesn't mean she is pain free, and at some point (you'll know when) you and your DH will realize that it's time to do the hardest yet kindest and most compassionate thing for her. After all, in the end it's not about the pain you'll feel in losing her; it is really about her pain and her quality of life. I'm not meaning to sound preachy, but I've been in this situation myself too many times and know how hard it is. I've had to have this same talk with myself, and it never gets easier.

You all will be in my thoughts.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VET!! I love watching your numbers change on your picture.

I agree with Vet..I was just telling my DH last night that when I am in this forum I am more focused on IP, benefit from the support, and love the recipe ideas since I am not that creative.

Happy Friday to all and keep up the good work!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Futurefitchick-

Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Just realized I have less than 100 to loose until goal. Nice feeling that 250 was so intimidating.
Fantastic!!! Looks like those little going to Disney guys are dancing with even more enthusiasm.
Closed Thread