Old 01-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Happy birthday Vet!
Congrats on the loss.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

VET--Happy, happy birthday!!! You've got this!

TEX--Chocolate Fudge is okay, but I like Rich Chocolate even better! (Our local Sam's Club doesn't have it, but Walmart stocks it in the 4-packs.)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Old 01-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Happy birthday, Vet! Hope you have an amazing day! And yay for being less than 100 from goal!!!

I think this calls for a new photo, btw.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning! Toady is my 41st birthday. I just weighed in and I'm down 4 more pounds. It was a great "present" to myself.
:w oo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VET!!!!! Great WI!!! Have an awesome day!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Just got caught up from last nights thread, and wanted to add mquinn106, it's totally normal to feel a little off the first few days. Just a heads up today will probably be a little worse and then tomorrow you should start feeling better. I started the same day as you and I even bought a frozen pizza for the family for dinner (something I rarely do) in case I wasn't feeling up to cooking tonight. And Breezy, Welcome!! If you stick to the plan and commit this is truly the last diet you will ever need.

As for me, I have a busy morning ahead of me. MOPS this morning (and saying no to all those delicious goodies!), and this afternoon I have to get my daughters room organized and finish laminating and getting things set up for our calendar time that I'm hoping to start on Monday.

Question: What kind of herbal tea is everyone drinking? I went to Wal-Mart last night to get some MiO and a few other little things and had a hard time finding herbal tea without any carbs. Most said 1-2, but there were a few that said <1. I wound up with a decaf Earl Grey. I am drinking so much tea (generally at least 4 tea bags a day that each make a 16oz cup). I don't want it to add up and start messing with me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
My mom introduced me to Davids Tea at Christmas. I'm hooked!!! It's awesome loose leaf tea in many different kinds! So far I've found: pumpkin chai, buttered rum, read my lips, and merry Christmas blend to be awesome! I can't wait to try more!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #20  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Happy Birthday Vet!! What a way to start your 41st year! It's amazing to have been able to watch your weight loss and now, you have less than 100 pounds left!

And your weight loss is a present to both yourself and your family. Those 3 adorable kids of yours must be loving having a dad who can be more active than ever!

Best,
Chloe
Thanks Chloe, it's a lot more fun being able to move! I can't wait to go to the Aquarium again this fall and have an after photo with my family. That time last year was my heaviest weight. I will be under 300 by then, at least 170#'s lighter which will be awesome. Last two visits I had to stop very often and sit on the benches and just rest. Every time I carry a load of firewood upstairs I think man last year I was huffing and puffing and out of breath doing this and had to sit down to rest after each load, it was a major chore and again humiliating. I chased one of the kids the other day and my 10 year old said hay Dad you can run, you're fast. It made me feel really good.

NSV's are so many and so often I don't always remember. Yesterday walking quickly into the school to pick my son up I remember past walks and having to stop and catch my breath very often on that short several hundred yard walk. It was humiliating. But never again.

I smiled as I twisted my watch so I could see it, the band is getting too loose again! The NSV that irritates me is none of my old shoes, boots and sneakers fit anymore. I've gone down in length and width! That's cool but not when good work boots are close to $200, sneakers are $100 and nice dress shoes are $150 or more! I still have a wide foot so my choices are pretty limited but I am closer to a 11EE and not the 11.5-12H which is EEEE!

3fc plays big into my success too. When I am active here my "focus, has more focus"

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-04-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #21  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VET!!! And CONGRATULATIONS on the loss You're such an inspiration to all of us - thanks for sharing your journey.

A1Texan - I love the EAS CarbadvantEdge RTDs. You can warm them up for a hot chocolate too, though you probably don't need hot drinks too often in TX.

NavyMommy - I drink hot tea every morning and generally make two 12 oz cups from the same teabag. Personally, I don't notice that the 2nd cup is much weaker (& I drink it strong). Sticking with decaf is good as each cup will count towards your water intake for the day. But 4 or more teabags p/day at 2 carbs each is equal to the # of carbs in a protein packet...I'd def go with the <1 carb teas in your case.

I hit maintenance a couple weeks before Christmas and went a little crazy on my 'free' days. The first one went well, followed by a P1 day. But the sugar cravings kicked in hard and I wasn't very successful at ignoring them, and ended up with an 8 lb gain. So I'm back at P1 for a week (or more) to get back on track. So far so good, as my scale is going down nearly a lb every day. Whew...am so glad I am able to turn it around quickly. LOVE IP & all the support found here on 3FC! Thank you everyone...
Old 01-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
VET--Happy, happy birthday!!! You've got this!

TEX--Chocolate Fudge is okay, but I like Rich Chocolate even better! (Our local Sam's Club doesn't have it, but Walmart stocks it in the 4-packs.)

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Thanks SD. I'll look for that flavor next time I'm in Walmart. Have you tried any of the vanilla's. I'm thinking they would be good with the WI chocolate syrup....yum
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Happy birthday usmcvet and congrats on only having double digits left to lose. I'm amazed that you have lost over 150 lbs since the end of March. You've got this!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #24  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Good morning! Toady is my 41st birthday. I just weighed in and I'm down 4 more pounds. It was a great "present" to myself.
Happy bday! And congrats!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Just got caught up from last nights thread, and wanted to add mquinn106, it's totally normal to feel a little off the first few days. Just a heads up today will probably be a little worse and then tomorrow you should start feeling better. I started the same day as you and I even bought a frozen pizza for the family for dinner (something I rarely do) in case I wasn't feeling up to cooking tonight.

Question: What kind of herbal tea is everyone drinking? I went to Wal-Mart last night to get some MiO and a few other little things and had a hard time finding herbal tea without any carbs. Most said 1-2, but there were a few that said <1. I wound up with a decaf Earl Grey. I am drinking so much tea (generally at least 4 tea bags a day that each make a 16oz cup). I don't want it to add up and start messing with me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Thanks for the tip! Hoping the heating pad will help with the muscle aches for now! As far as the tea, I'm a big fan of Good Earth "Sweet and Spicy Blend" it's caffeine free. I get this at the grocery store.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #26  

Happy birthday vet!
Quote:
Question: What kind of herbal tea is everyone drinking? I went to Wal-Mart last night to get some MiO and a few other little things and had a hard time finding herbal tea without any carbs. Most said 1-2, but there were a few that said <1. I wound up with a decaf Earl Grey. I am drinking so much tea (generally at least 4 tea bags a day that each make a 16oz cup). I don't want it to add up and start messing with me
I like these:
Republic of Tea Decaf ginger peach
Celestial Seasonings Peppermint (and other favors too)
Tazo Refresh

I'm not a Walmart shopper so I'm not sure if they are available there. Republic of Tea brand "looks" more expensive until you realize there are 50 bags, instead of the usual 24. And I look for sales

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-04-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Happy birthday, Vet! Enjoy!

Well, I'm done on to day 3 of my restart. My Christmas 'break' ended up being 2 weeks of nastiness. I'm okay with it- i was starting to go a little stir crazy- although I wish I hadn't allowed myself 2 entire weeks.

Getting back on was not fun... I sure did have the carb addict symptoms again. The miserable OMG I'M STARVING feeling and the headaches. BUT! I got through and I feel like myself again!

I gained a LOT of weight. A LOT. I'm embarrassed to say how much. BUT- I've already lost more than half of it (obviously it was mostly water/replenishing glycogen stores, but seeing that number almost gave me a meltdown!) and by my weigh in tomorrow should only be a few pounds up, which is reasonable given how bad I've been! I love that P1 allows you to drop weight so quickly after an indiscretion (or a series of them, in my case)

Lesson learned, for sure! I feel like I can do this again.

Last edited by djs06; 01-04-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #28  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning all! I was down 2.8 at my WI last night! Not too shabby since I drank wine on NYE and a visit from TOM. I am back to 100% OP and I hope to see another good week this week! I have never had success like this on any other diet/program! I am soo happy!!!

Thank you all for being so supportive and informative!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
No way! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm amazed at your loss! I just read your post on all the little things you can do that you couldn't before and it was so touching...that's really what this is all about for me.

Guess what...today is my birthday today, too! 47th! For my birthday present, the scale said I gained .4 lb so I"m ignoring it. I can do that, after all, cuz it's my birthday

Hope everyone has a great, OP day!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #30  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Red face Good Morning All

How do I attach a personal pictures?
Closed Thread