3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Friday 12/28/2011

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #46
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 635

S/C/G: 174/133/133

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Gotcha - just wanted to make sure in case newbies were about
Yep. I guess I've been using skim vs. whole for so many years I don't even think to specify anymore. What I've been doing lately is having one cup with a splash of skim and the WF chocolate, and then any subsequent cups with just the latter. It tastes so good I could probably skip the milk altogether!

BTW, how do you all do the multiple quotes in a post? I haven't figured that out yet?
__________________


bubbleblower is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #47
Member
 
jlnelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 30

S/C/G: 209/179/140

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?
I ended up taking a break because I am traveling out of the country and I wanted to be able to enjoy the local cuisine. This was something I had planned with my coach from starting IP. However, now that I am phasing off and have had a little bit more flexibility with my food choices, I realize that I really miss the easiness of the Phase 1 schedule and I'm actually looking forward to go back into Phase 1. My coach said that if you have to cheat, do everything in one day and do not do any restricted that day or the next day. But I've found that I get headaches if I have too much sugar and it is DEFINITELY not worth the cheat afterwards. If you really feel like you need some time off, talk to your coach. That's what they are there for. But just note, that you will have to phase off the program which takes a few weeks and then you have to go back through the beginnings of Phase 1 again, which for me was no fun. Good luck!
__________________
jlnelson is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #48
Member
 
ShanCo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 68

S/C/G: 301/272.8/195

Height: 5'9"

Default

Thanks for the Starbucks help guys

On another note, I have been getting tired of the same old veggies so finally decided to hesitantly try the turnip "fries" for lunch today...Oh. My. Gosh....I don't know if it is because I'm delirious or what, but they were amazing!!!
__________________


Whether you think you can or you think you can't...you're right!
ShanCo is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,461

S/C/G: 198.6/177.8/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?
For me, no cheat would be worth extending my time on this diet by even one day. All of that food and drink will be there when I am in maintenance and can plan it into my "fun" days, so why on earth would I want to wait even longer for those to start??

I really think we have grown so used to "instant gratification" that we get restless when we can't just satisfy a craving. But we forget that there is a LOT to gain from waiting. The satisfaction of victory over a tough situation (which you already have once getting through Christmas!). The knowledge that YOU are in control, not the food/drink (because when you give in to a cheat you are letting that food control you, not the other way around). What do you really gain when you cheat? Momentary satisfaction, then nervousness for your next weigh in. Maybe upset stomach from shocking your system with foods you haven't had in a while, without phasing off properly. Possibly the inability to pass up the next craving, because you opened that door once already. To me? Not worth it.
__________________




REBOOT wk1: 7 lbs, -5"; wk2: 2.6lbs (no measuring tape!); wk3: 1.8lbs, -3.5"; wk4 2.6 lbs; wk5 0.4lb, -3"; wk6 2.4lb; wk7 2.8lb, -1.25"; wk8 1.2lbs
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 478

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well....
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,354

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
BTW, how do you all do the multiple quotes in a post? I haven't figured that out yet?
At the bottom of the box with the post, you'll see little quotation marks. Click those on each post, then hit reply. Many of us shorten the quotes to just the point being commented on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well....
She didn't tell you a slight gain is common in week 4-5 as the body adjusts?
So yours was in week 3 & ham is salty (possible water weight)
Trust the protocol. It works!
No reason to worry.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Last edited by lisa32989 : 12-28-2012 at 04:40 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,461

S/C/G: 198.6/177.8/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well....
Yeah, I would put money on it that it was the ham - very high in sodium so you are probably just looking at water retention. Drink a LOT of water to get it flushed out - scientifically speaking, you have to consume 3500 calories to gain 1lb of fat, so unless you ate several whole hams it's just water weight from the excess sodium

Some veggies you may want to focus on this week, they are all natural diuretics and will help "flush out" your system:

Asparagus, watercress, lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, celery and spinach
__________________




REBOOT wk1: 7 lbs, -5"; wk2: 2.6lbs (no measuring tape!); wk3: 1.8lbs, -3.5"; wk4 2.6 lbs; wk5 0.4lb, -3"; wk6 2.4lb; wk7 2.8lb, -1.25"; wk8 1.2lbs

Last edited by scorbett1103 : 12-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 478

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yeah, I would put money on it that it was the ham - very high in sodium so you are probably just looking at water retention. Drink a LOT of water to get it flushed out - scientifically speaking, you have to consume 3500 calories to gain 1lb of fat, so unless you ate several whole hams it's just water weight from the excess sodium

Some veggies you may want to focus on this week, they are all natural diuretics and will help "flush out" your system:

Asparagus, watercress, lettuce, bell peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, celery and spinach
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm stocked up on veggies for the long weekend and plan on staying in watching football and actually going to learn to cook a few meals. That is - throwing it all in my Actifry and let it cook..LOL
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,611

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

A1Texan,
I'm sure it's water weight also, but just a gentle reminder...I read a few posts back that you eat a lot of homemade salsa. Remember that tomatoes are an occasional vegetable, in case you're eating them more often than that.
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 453

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
For me, no cheat would be worth extending my time on this diet by even one day. All of that food and drink will be there when I am in maintenance and can plan it into my "fun" days, so why on earth would I want to wait even longer for those to start??

I really think we have grown so used to "instant gratification" that we get restless when we can't just satisfy a craving. But we forget that there is a LOT to gain from waiting. The satisfaction of victory over a tough situation (which you already have once getting through Christmas!). The knowledge that YOU are in control, not the food/drink (because when you give in to a cheat you are letting that food control you, not the other way around). What do you really gain when you cheat? Momentary satisfaction, then nervousness for your next weigh in. Maybe upset stomach from shocking your system with foods you haven't had in a while, without phasing off properly. Possibly the inability to pass up the next craving, because you opened that door once already. To me? Not worth it.
Very well put.
I need to journal and find out what's going on with me.
__________________
Sonya

WI#1 -7.2, WI#2 -0.8
WI#3 -3.6 WI#4 - 2.6
WI#5 +0.6 WI#6 -2.0
WI#7 -0.8 WI#8 -3.0
WI#9 -0.6 WI#10 -0
WI#11 -3.0 WI#12 -0.4
WI#13 +2.8 WI#14 +0.2
WI#15 -3.8 WI#16 -2.0
sonyainva is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 478

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
A1Texan,
I'm sure it's water weight also, but just a gentle reminder...I read a few posts back that you eat a lot of homemade salsa. Remember that tomatoes are an occasional vegetable, in case you're eating them more often than that.
Good point on the Salsa. I'll watch that this weekend. Thanks!
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #57
Junior Member
 
Cinderbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Regina, Canada
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 222.4/197.4/130

Height: 5'.0"

Default

I know I couldn't believe it either. Even my coach was shocked witht the 18.5. Little scared that I might not lose this week though
Cinderbug is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #58
Member
 
AAAMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 61

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Hi,
I'm day 3 on IP. I'm op, but today I wanted to gnaw my arm off! Instead of having my snack tonight I had it this afternoon. Drinking well over 64ozs of water a day. I do feel lighter. I think I just need to make it past this initial hunger.
AAAMom is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
LosingLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 234

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well not sure what happened and my coach can't figure it out either, but I gained 1lbs this last week. And I stayed OP over the Holidays. I should have had that piece of pie...LOL Our best guess is the oven baked ham Mom made. I had that for 2 days straight for my protein. She wants to give it another few days to see if it comes back down before getting worried. I explained I'm worried already for the both of us..!! Very discouraging when I didn't cheat at all and didn't see any lose. I went to the store to buy more veggies and WF to use in my new Actifry. She told me to start walking to see if that helps. O'well....
I'll join in with everyone else and tell you to just stick to protocol and not worry about it. I've had two straight weeks with zero losses, even though I've been OP. Part of that I know is stress (I've had a couple of very bad weeks with work and other family issues) and part of it is probably to be expected because I lost 8 pounds 3 weeks ago and my body is adjusting. After being OP for nearly 30 weeks, I can safely say there is NO rhyme or reason to how we lose, but it all evens out in the end. Just stick with it and you'll be fine. And don't beat yourself up over the ham either - if its just water weight it will come off!
__________________
Lost 11 pounds pre-IP; IP Start June 4, 2012

WI#1 -8.2 WI#2 -1.4 WI#3 -3.0 WI#4 -3.0 WI#5 -4.4 WI#6 -1.2 WI#7 -5.2 WI#8 -5.2 WI#9 -1.6 WI#10 -3.6 WI#11 -4.8 WI#12 -2.4 WI#13 -3.0 WI#14 -5.4 WI#15 -4.6 WI#16 -0 WI#17 -3.6 (Phase 2) WI#18 -2.8 (Phase 3) WI#19 On Vacation WI#20 -4.6 WI#21 -2.6 WI#22 -1.8 WI#23 -5.4 WI#24 On Vacation WI#25 -6.2 WI#26 -1.8 WI#27 -8.4 WI#28 -0 WI#29 -0 WI#30 -2 WI#31 -4 WI#32 -1 WI#33 -1.4 WI#34 -6.4 WI#35 -0 WI#36 -4.4 WI#37 -1.8 WI#38 -5.2 WI#39 -1 WI#40 -1.4 WI#41 -4.6
LosingLawyer is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Suchawittygal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 286

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Default

Well, I weighed in today and had no loss but no gain either. I'm really hoping next week will be a "good" one. I'm staying focused. I know I can do this.

Everyone have a safe and wonderful New Year! I'm going snowboarding!
__________________


for each 10# lost!

Suchawittygal is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat - Monday, 28 February 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 135 03-01-2011 10:50 AM
IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 9 February 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 133 02-10-2011 02:57 PM
IP Daily Chat - Friday, 28 January 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 121 01-29-2011 06:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2