Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

Am americano with an inch of FF milk and SF vanilla flavor?
Is an inch an ounce?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
I am craving some good sweets! I tried some of the IP sweets yesterday but they just missed the mark. Oh well...I've made it this far!!!
I had to learn quickly rather than "missing" things, this was an opportunity to acquire new tastes! An IP (or EAS) vanilla RTD works just fine and is unquestionably OP.
Same with sweets. Learning new tastes will serve me well in maintenance. I've been careful to develop new tastes, rather than lamenting what I'm "missing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I've been using WF chocolate syrup in my coffee and it feels like a *huge* cheat but it isn't. Frothed milk with SF vanilla should be fine as well, I would think.

Today is my son's and fiance's last day in the islands with us. They're out playing tourist and then we'll take them out to a little Italian place we like for dinner. I know they have all kinds of salads and fresh seafood on the menu so it should be fine for me. We'll take them to the airport early tomorrow morning. It's going to feel quiet around here! We still have another week before we head north for a month or so.

I'm sore from diving and lugging gear the last couple of days. I'll do more next week, but am doing my best not to overdo.
Sounds like my kind of vacation...some "togetherness" time and some quiet time...all in the tropics (my username should probably be beachgirl )
We're going out tonite & I've already pre-planned by googling the menu. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach (10 degrees warmer tomorrow) and a great happy hour place afterward. Dinner will be seafood from the raw bar!
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...gettin' certified for my 50th!

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-28-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #32  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Had a great day yesterday. Had my weigh-in and dedicated more than ever to the program. Continue to resist the temptations that are around everywhere! Never noticed them so much before, because I don't think I ever tried resisting them in the past, hence the weight! I am trying not to watch the food network as much, it makes me hungry!
I've been watching the food network quite a bit lately, and am actually finding it kind of motivating. When I see a healthy dish I like, I think about how I can modify it to a P1 recipe. If it can't be modified to P1, it's something for me to look forward to when I hit goal and get to maintenance. Some shows/recipes (generally Paula D's!) exemplify how I never want to eat, and encourage me to seek out healthier recipes.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Sad day today ... Taking the grand kids back to the airport for their trip home. They are at such sweet ages. I took the 5yo girl to Claire's at the outlet mall yesterday and we had a marvelous time. I was surprised to find that she is very selective. She is getting her ears pierced when she gets home so we got lots of earrings (even pearl earrings!) and a few hair things. If it were me I would have wanted one of everything.
Wanted to say that you look no where near old enough to have grandchildren!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLD81230 View Post
Complete lurker here, everyone! It's funny how I feel like I know so many of you as I read and re-read old threads.

I'm heading out this morning to the city to celebrate the holidays with my husband's family. This will be the first time on IP out of my comfort zone/home/kitchen so I'm a bit nervous. I have been mostly 100% OP since starting on 12/1/12, but have had a few slip ups. I am feeling pretty prepared, but hope that I can really stick with it. I'm not sharing this diet with anyone, but have told my MIL that I'm grain-, sugar-, and starch-free right now. We are a healthy vegetarian family that has been moving away from gluten recently, so diet variations are the norm with us. I don't feel like I'll get a lot of odd looks about my food choices. Being vegetarian does make things more difficult with choosing protein choices outside of your own home, but I know I can do it!

Have a fantastic Friday! My laptop is coming with me, so I'll be checking in when I can. Now we are off to get some snowboarding in on the way out of town. I LOVE having a season pass at the resort on the only mountain pass out of town!
Of coarse you can do it!! Lurk less and share more so we can get to know you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Sounds like my kind of vacation...some "togetherness" time and some quiet time...all in the tropics (my username should probably be beachgirl )
We're going out tonite & I've already pre-planned by googling the menu. Tomorrow we're headed to the beach (10 degrees warmer tomorrow) and a great happy hour place afterward. Dinner will be seafood from the raw bar!
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...get tin' certified for my 50th!
Quote:
Today is my son's and fiance's last day in the islands with us. They're out playing tourist and then we'll take them out to a little Italian place we like for dinner. I know they have all kinds of salads and fresh seafood on the menu so it should be fine for me. The pasta, pizza and garlic knots are to die for, though!! I'll have to be satisfied with just the aromas. We'll take them to the airport early tomorrow morning. It's going to feel quiet around here! We still have another week before we head north for a month or so.

I'm sore from diving and lugging gear the last couple of days. I'll do more next week, but am doing my best not to overdo.

Oh ... and before I forget: I have a signature ticker!!!! Hooray!!!!
So jealous thinking of you all on your sunny va-ca's, -30 in the flat prairies is just not the same! hope you and yours have an amazing time.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning. Just stopping in to say Hi. I have not been here much lately. I got back from one ski trip on Monday and going on another one tomorrow. Weight still moving in the right direction. I didn't quite hit the 30 by Christmas goal. But, I will take the loss I have so far. Everyone have a Happy New Year!

Congratulations on all the great loses too! Especially over the Holidays.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #35  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
My NEXT vacation will be my scuba vacation...get tin' certified for my 50th!
Yeah, I usually try to arrange our trips so we have visitors at the start and then have time to unwind by ourselves at the end. The next time we're back, though, my BIL and SIL are going to be here the entire time. They're pretty low maintenance, though, and actually stay next door to us so they won't be right here. Otherwise I think it could be a little too much togetherness for two weeks!

I can't say I'm missing being away from all the cold and snow right now. (Actually, it's been mostly rain, freezing rain, and sleet back home so none of the pretty, fluffy white stuff.) Speaking of the weather ... guess it's time to get up from the computer and get outside. See y'all later on ...

ETA: It's never too late to get certified! If you want any recommendations on good places to go, shoot me a message.

Last edited by bubbleblower; 12-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I've been using WF chocolate syrup in my coffee and it feels like a *huge* cheat but it isn't. Frothed milk with SF vanilla should be fine as well, I would think.
Oh ... and before I forget: I have a signature ticker!!!! Hooray!!!!
Congrats on the ticker!! Just an FYI, milk isn't allowed on P1 (with the exception of the 1oz fat free milk per day) - so frothed milk is a no-go. But I love putting WF chocolate or caramel syrup in my coffee, TOTALLY feels like cheating but it's not! You can also use the WF pancake syrup as a coffee sweetener!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
PS- definitely plan to be in onederland next week!!!
Woo hoo!! ONEDERLAND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post

I have a huge headache since eating carbs and sugar on Christmas day, took 3 extra strength excedrin still have a lingering headache, took sea salt. Trying to drink more water.

Had no trouble getting back to p1, not sure the headache was worth it

Have decided I know which friends of mine like to sabotage me and will avoid them. Pisses me off since I am always so supportive.
Ugh sorry to hear about your friends, it stinks when you have people trying to make you cheat - there are definitely some people who feel better about themselves when they watch someone else fail. It stinks, but you ALSO learn who your real friends are when you make hard choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderbug View Post
I have just completed my 2 week on IP. Love this diet. I have lost 18.5 lbs. So excited to see what happens next week.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missdee18 View Post
WI yesterday, lost 1.5 pounds over Christmas.. So excited.. looking to be out of the 180's soon. Maybe next week...
Nice!

We've been battling the plague in my house - thanks to holiday overtiredness and one water bottle that was apparently shared between all of the cousins on Christmas day. My 6 year old has been coughing since yesterday but my 3 year old's fever finally broke and he's back to his usual mischief The little one did Wii Fit with me this morning, there's not much funnier than watching a 3 year old try to do yoga!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
We've been battling the plague in my house - thanks to holiday overtiredness and one water bottle that was apparently shared between all of the cousins on Christmas day. My 6 year old has been coughing since yesterday but my 3 year old's fever finally broke and he's back to his usual mischief The little one did Wii Fit with me this morning, there's not much funnier than watching a 3 year old try to do yoga!
Sorry for the sickness in your house, It has been spreading thru our who town, I am amazed I walked away from work without it!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #38  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Just an FYI, milk isn't allowed on P1 (with the exception of the 1oz fat free milk per day) - so frothed milk is a no-go.
Understand. What I was suggesting was that taking the 1 ounce of skim milk and frothing it was acceptable. I do that frequently. (Skim actually seems to froth better than whole.)
Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good morning! I have really been missing my Starbucks but I think I figured out something totally Phase 1 legal...I am a strict no cheater...does this sound OK to those of you more experienced?

Am americano with an inch of FF milk and SF vanilla flavor?
You and I are kindred spririts today--that's exactly what I had this morning (sans milk). So tasty.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #40  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Understand. What I was suggesting was that taking the 1 ounce of skim milk and frothing it was acceptable. I do that frequently. (Skim actually seems to froth better than whole.)
Gotcha - just wanted to make sure in case newbies were about
Old 12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #41  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Chilly but brilliantly sunny. Bundling up and heading out for a walk in the woods with the dogs.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

It has been a while since I have been on here. Proud to say that I did not cheat over the holidays and lost 2.5lbs while on vacation this week for Christmas. The problem is that now I have a huge urge to cheat. I almost feel like I should have just taken Christmas day and gone back to phase I the next. I have lost over 50lbs but, still have 30-40 more to go. I have one voice in my head telling me that I have worked hard and deserve it and another asking if I could stop at just one day. lol
For those of you that have been doing this a long time, how do you feel about this? Did you get to a point when you took a break for a day or do you think that it would just be taking a huge step back?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I've been watching the food network quite a bit lately, and am actually finding it kind of motivating. When I see a healthy dish I like, I think about how I can modify it to a P1 recipe. If it can't be modified to P1, it's something for me to look forward to when I hit goal and get to maintenance. Some shows/recipes (generally Paula D's!) exemplify how I never want to eat, and encourage me to seek out healthier recipes.
I've just started watching food shows again. I couldn't for a long time, like 1LittleStar, the power of suggestion was too much. I do agree looking at of what some people make and eat boggles my mind now. Although I do get jealous of the people who eat it and don't look like they work out everyday.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #44  
Started IP 11/28/12

[QUOTE=bubbleblower;4566388]I've been using WF chocolate syrup in my coffee and it feels like a *huge* cheat but it isn't. Frothed milk with SF vanilla should be fine as well, I would think.
QUOTE]

Oh...I'll have to try the WF chocolate syrup in my coffee. I didn't even think about that. Can't wait to have some coffee tonight!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Thanks everyone! My home scale did say 199 but the clinic scale was 200 so I had to go with the "official" number lol
Great job!!! You're "officially" almost under the 200 mark which must be just thrilling! Next week weigh in you'll be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasamsdad View Post
Hello all just had my WI and I am only 1# from goal in only 8 weeks (39# & 22.5" gone)!!! I never thought I would see myself at this weight again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the ideas and support I have seen. Now onto planning for phase 3 starting next week.
OMG that's amazing! So thrilling to be only 1# away from goal. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderbug View Post
I have just completed my 2 week on IP. Love this diet. I have lost 18.5 lbs. So excited to see what happens next week.
18.5 lbs in 2 weeks is crazy amazing! I've been OP for 4 weeks and have only lost 17 lbs so far. Oh well, at least it's heading in the right direction.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #45  

SONYAINVA - thx for thinking about me. the recovery is slow but coming along. the hardest part is I don't want to eat anything. having to force myself to eat though. I am good with the first half of the day but the second half and dinner is just so hard. My son is home from college so this is dinner time and not something I am able to switch up right now. Just frustrated.....I am not a good patient I guess!
Closed Thread