Old 12-31-2012, 10:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning I Peeps
Starting day 3, but still don't feel like I'm in ketosis. It's been a weird few days with that stomach bug and then TOM hit this morning. Also I don't think I've been getting in enough veggies. Will work on that today.
I'm trying...
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

I think I am in ketosis! I pretty much forgot breakfast this morning!

I am glad I am over that hump, and into phase 1. My scale says I have lost 4 pounds. First week is alwayswater. But my pants fit better

This is a good time to start...my university is on winter beak until Jan 16, and that gives me 2 2/1 weeks or so to get going. It is hard for me to prep meals, etc while I am working. Once I start teaching things get crazy. I teach mostly online graduate level classes and they are very intense. I grade from 40-70 papers every week! I do it to myself, but it is the best way I know how.

So I will probably spend weekends preparing meals for the week....especially lunches.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
tell me about pudding bark. I have not heard of that.
I think WUV posted a recipe in the 3rd? recipe thread. Basically you mix a pudding packet with slightly less water and pour over a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze. I love the cocoa mint pudding and also chocolate mixed with cold coffee! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
I'm not sure about this either. I plan to not workout while in phase 1 so that I don't stall my losses. Let me know what you all do...
I think I am going to stop exercising for 2 weeks except for the Just Dancing with my daughter. We love our dancing! Sorry you had a rough night! You can get right back to it and remember how good you feel after a week or 2. The cravings and hunger go away. You can do it!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #49  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
It looks like most of you are doing quite well getting restarted!

I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED in myself this evening. I made it thru 2 1/2 days & then blew it tonight. We got home from my brother's...long story with family conflicts where I'm caught in the middle...and I was so hungry that I just sat down & had supper with my family. Then...I felt quilty & pretty much continued to eat all evening...Christmas goodies...you name it. Deep down I wanted to eat whatever I wanted knowing that Jan 1st is looming & to just "get it out of my system.". I could just cry right now...how could I let this happen? My stomach really hurts. I must remember this feeling, and how much better it feels to be in control. I hope that you aren't disappointed in me...I feel like I've let you all down. I'm finding that it is more difficult to reboot-I was 100% OP before.

Here's to tomorrow...a brand new day...a brand new start. Thank you for all of your support...looks like I'm really going to need it!! Once again, this is a learning experience. My goal for 2013 is to reach my goal weight & then work like crazy to MAINTAIN...MAINTAIN...MAINTAIN!
You'll do great, fitgirl!!!! Just remember each day starts fresh! I'm struggling to figure out maintenance, but a couple of P1/2 days after a cheat and things are working out! And my P90X is going okay. Once week down-11 to go!!!! But holy cow it's tough. I'm feeling EVERY bit of my 55 years!!!! LOL
Don't sweat the setbacks. You have a great track record and attitude!!!!
Happy New Year!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Well... I ruined it!
I've been working on a remodeling project all day... did great with breakfast and lunch, but waited too long before dinner. Just snacked on several handfuls of crackers while waiting for dinner! Grrrrr I'm so angry at myself! not to mention bloated, emotional, and exhausted. Also depressed. This time of year is always hard on me.... extended family issues, and no matter how much I try, it does hurt and I can't turn it off.
I guess tomorrow is another day.... I just need some support and a fresh perspective.

Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Well... I ruined it!
I've been working on a remodeling project all day... did great with breakfast and lunch, but waited too long before dinner. Just snacked on several handfuls of crackers while waiting for dinner! Grrrrr I'm so angry at myself! not to mention bloated, emotional, and exhausted. Also depressed. This time of year is always hard on me.... extended family issues, and no matter how much I try, it does hurt and I can't turn it off.
I guess tomorrow is another day.... I just need some support and a fresh perspective.

This time of year is hard for me too. but today it is over, right? Find a new and yummy recipe and try that for today or tomorrow's meal. You know this works, so stop the emotions and just get back on. You can see the results of a cheat (in your words, bloated, emotional an exhausted). So try to learn from it. And it could have been worse.

And reframe your thinking and choose different words. You did not RUIN anything.

Your safety net (IP and THIS forum) has caught you. You can do it.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Delgen- congrats on getting into ketosis!! I cannot wait to get there! Like you, I teach courses at a college, too (accounting & business though)! However, I go back tomorrow for meetings...with classes starting on the 7th. I find that work helps take my mind off of eating, so hopefully that will help me this week!

Hgamroth - Thank you for your support, too. I'm looking forward to not having the cravings! My girls have the Dance 3 wii game that is a lot of fun...talk about a workout!

ChileheadKen - Hey buddy...thanks so much for kicking my butt back into gear! You are right in that every day is a fresh start...today is mine (3rd time is a charm, right?). You will do great in maintenance...sounds like you have it worked out with your P1 & 2 days after a cheat. After my reboot, I'll have to work on minimizing my cheats to maybe an ice cream cone or something simple to start with! Glad to hear that your P90X is going OK...it is rough...especially that first week - hang with it and you WILL see excellent results...I just love Tony!! Remember to "Bring It" to every workout!

Dakin - You sound like me lately...doing well during the day...then eating off program foods in the evening. I do feel your pain...this morning I feel very bloated, hungover & etc. But with a new year...we can do this. Let's work together this first week to get back on track! Last night I partied pretty hard...kind of a "last time before my reboot" & ate & drank waayyy too much. My scale yelped when I stepped on it this morning & told me to get off! But seriously, I think that it is all a mindset, let's just do it! Like Delgen said, lets learn from it, reframe our thinking & start fresh!

Hugs to all of you for your support!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #53  

Happy 2013 to everyone!

As you may have learned from my previous post, I have not been doing well with my reboot & maintenance. It seems as though I'd start my day strong, and then by the end of the day I actually find my self mentally rationalizing that it is ok to have one last cheat. On the 30th we went to my brother's & we celebrated his new years eve birthday with food & drinks...then I overeate because it was my "last time." Then last night, I just figured that since I wasn't in ketosis anyway, why not just go out & celebrate it & start fresh with the new year. It's not even that I was hungry...I just wanted to taste everything that I have given up. Well...enough of that mentality. Today I get tough & start to feel better. I just hope the weight comes off like it did the first time I was on phase 1.

Some things that I have learned...
1.) Pizza is really salty. I ate some with my family last night & learned that I'm not missing anything there. I asked them if they thought it was salty & they said that they thought it was great. Hmmm...so maybe my taste buds have changed some. The lava cakes that came with the pizza...tasted like burned chocolate so I let them have mine.
2.) Do not start maintenance around a holiday. I will most likely stay on Phase 1 until after Valentine's Day. In the past, that was another week/month that I would indulge in LOTS of chocolate & sweets.
3.) Junk food just doesn't taste as good as you think it will.
4.) I must limit my cheat to one day a week (instead of my 4); better yet to some small indulgence like a dessert at only one meal. I know that I was just mentally anticipating my cheat day way too much, so I didn't know how to stop. I've learned my lesson, now it's time to get back on track.
5.) I will continue to journal all of my food! What a way to stay on track. Usually the night before, I would select my 3 IP food items (which I store downstairs) & bring them up to the kitchen & write them down in my journal. I then looked forward to those on that next day. I always saved my snack (usually a pudding) for my bedtime snack - that felt like an indulgence to me - & I didn't mind when my husband would eat m&ms' in front of me!

Ok...I typed way to much. I'm just excited to get back to basics & to feel good...no GREAT again! 1st day of Reboot, here I come!!! Once again thanks for all of your support. It helps me so much to hear how you are all doing. Take care, and lets make today a great one!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi. Day one of my reboot. I packed up all the junk food and moved it to the mud room. I have all my Nashua nutrition products and am ready I'm just not ready to admit how much damage I've done...

Happy new year!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Hi. Day one of my reboot. I packed up all the junk food and moved it to the mud room. I have all my Nashua nutrition products and am ready I'm just not ready to admit how much damage I've done...

Happy new year!
I KNOW the feeling! Day 1 for me, too. We can do it! I had my breakfast at lunch today & am still really full. It will be hard to get the rest of my food in today...but will do it.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
I think I am in ketosis! I pretty much forgot breakfast this morning!

I am glad I am over that hump, and into phase 1. My scale says I have lost 4 pounds. First week is alwayswater. But my pants fit better

This is a good time to start...my university is on winter beak until Jan 16, and that gives me 2 2/1 weeks or so to get going. It is hard for me to prep meals, etc while I am working. Once I start teaching things get crazy. I teach mostly online graduate level classes and they are very intense. I grade from 40-70 papers every week! I do it to myself, but it is the best way I know how.

So I will probably spend weekends preparing meals for the week....especially lunches.
Kinda feeling the same, so off we go to the reboot! I've been doing a soft ph.1 and 2 for about 5 days now before Jan.1 Kind of glad I tested the waters a little and probably lightened my sugar addiction before going stricter. So...for all of us out there needin' to do this again...we're way ahead of where we were when we started, and even if you've really fallen of the cliff (not the fiscal one :0) you can do it again with all of us here.
Got my Nashua order and splurged on some real IP goodies that I just needed for moral and to get that familiar feeling again.
Good luck everyone :0)
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Arggg

I once again fell off the wagon the week of Xmas and am starting again today. Feel cruddy- bloated- my clothes are all too tight. Wha wha wha. I need the support for all of you once again. Notice how when you are being naughty, you avoid this site? Not good ....onward and upward for a great 2013
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Mornin' everyone, Day 2 (duh!...think most of us at on day 2)... Except the smarties who decided not to give into the holiday cheer! Good for you!

Looking forward to another successful day! Best time is my evening hot cocoa snack. It warms me up and is super yummy chocolately!!!

Keep going!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone had a great New Year!! In my coach's office last week, she mentioned something about a paper with foods to avoid in phase 4. She talked about dried fruits and nuts as some of the foods on the list, but she didn't have a copy of the list for me to take. Does anyone know/have the list of foods she is talking about? Or is there any other foods I should add to the no nuts, no dried fruits list? Thanks so much!!
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #60  

Day 2 for me...and all is going according to plan (had a headache all day)! I went to my clinic today for 5 weeks of food...so I'm set. Monday's will be my weigh in day.

Determined - welcome! You'll melt off those extra pounds before you know it!

New Englander - I'm right with you...how did you feel today?

jlnelson - not sure...you may want to check with the maintainers...

How are the rest of you doing?