Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #31  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow I am pulling for the blue dress, it is so festive. And NYE is made for black and white! You look stunning either way.
Congrats to all of the IP accomplishments, I am so confident because of reading about what y'all have done. Have a TERRIFIC weekend. I am 2 weeks and 4 days into IP, it is a sweet spot for sure, inches and pounds vanishing, old "new" clothes fitting again...cannot wait for my weight loss ticker!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!
EXCELLENT. Can you believe it fun in the dressing room!?! No more dressing room stress. I am so excited for you. You are doing GREAT!
Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
snow snow snow LE sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want some snow!!!!!
Cold, wet, sloppy, turns gray, then black quickly
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Here ya go

Much better

Edited: forgot to mention: gotta shovel it

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-08-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #34  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Whew. Made it through my first weighin during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #35  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Here ya go

Much better

LOVE THE SNOW!!!
BEAUTIFUL, FLUFFY, CHRISTMAS SNOW!!! Snowman and snow fort building snow!!!

Much needed moisture for our trees, grass etc....TOO many forest fires last year. We are celebrating!!! Dancing in our boots, hats, gloves, scarves and beautiful (smaller sized) coats!

Old 12-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #36  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
Rainbow I am pulling for the blue dress, it is so festive. And NYE is made for black and white! You look stunning either way.
Congrats to all of the IP accomplishments, I am so confident because of reading about what y'all have done. Have a TERRIFIC weekend. I am 2 weeks and 4 days into IP, it is a sweet spot for sure, inches and pounds vanishing, old "new" clothes fitting again...cannot wait for my weight loss ticker!
shedit...YOU ARE DOING AN AMAZING JOB!! and it only gets better!! keep up what you are doing because its obvious that you are doing it right!! seems like you have a good plan and are making it happen!! so thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!
ps...thank you so much for the compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Causes car accidents
Extremely overrated
Just saying...
Here ya go

Much better

TRUE TRUE TRUE all true....however....
beautiful scenery, cleans the air....and you get to build a snowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!
OMG back at you!! I love this so much and am so happy for you. This will be my reaction if I ever get out of the big girl sizes!!

Rainbow I am definitely a fan of the back dress you look gorgeous in both but the black just looks so classy to me (but then again I am a small town girl from saskatchewan who has only wore one dress in my life) so go with your instincts

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 12-08-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #38  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone hope your all having a great weekend. Went today to wi & get measured but my coach was out sick so have to wait till Tuesday. Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #39  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I don't normally check in on the weekends...but I'm doing my best not to get too far off track. I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...and I have way to much of one...and not nearly enough of the other lol. So I will do my best to stick as close as possible to the program, and also not to "stress" eat, as I feel that this is a massive issue I need to learn to deal with. However, I am not going to beat myself up if I can't manage to stay 100%, as it just makes things so much worse for me. Baby steps I guess. I really applaud those of you that can stay 100% on this program. I know that there will be a point that I can be 100%, just not right at the moment. Right now I am going to concentrate on coming up with new ways to handle my stress, in the end I think this will benefit me more than anything else.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Maezy,
I just so loved your post and am so excited for you!! Yes, bask in the joy and know there are more of these wonderful moments to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well, I don't normally check in on the weekends...but I'm doing my best not to get too far off track. I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...and I have way to much of one...and not nearly enough of the other lol. So I will do my best to stick as close as possible to the program, and also not to "stress" eat, as I feel that this is a massive issue I need to learn to deal with. However, I am not going to beat myself up if I can't manage to stay 100%, as it just makes things so much worse for me. Baby steps I guess. I really applaud those of you that can stay 100% on this program. I know that there will be a point that I can be 100%, just not right at the moment. Right now I am going to concentrate on coming up with new ways to handle my stress, in the end I think this will benefit me more than anything else.
Bella, It sounds like you are doing what's best for you right now. Just maintaining for a while and being proud of doing that while coping with the rest of your life is a major accomplishment - it's not easy to maintain, so be gentle on yourself. Promise yourself you will be back on IP as soon as you can muster the discipline and all the while that you maintain, try to stay in touch with the board. Best wishes.

Last edited by Chloe222; 12-08-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #41  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Happy Sunday all! I have not been on here at all lately because of life and whatnot in general. The holiday area always gets to be a little overwhelming for me, but I am trying to take it a little slower this year- so far not the best luck. Spent all day yesterday making cookies with my mom and grandma- so happy I did not even have the urge to try one! Had a big weigh-in week this week- hit 50lbs lost mark and passed it up too!
Getting ready for 8plus inches of snow today- BRING IT ON! I just want a nice white christmas.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma4343 View Post
I LOVE spin. You can really control the intensity by how fast you pedal and how much you turn up the dial. However, I do remember my first one ever seemed incredibly hard, it is MUCH easier just your second time as you get more use to it. But, if you focus on just figuring it out and not going too hard your first class you will love it. I do take it a little easier now in my IP days. I just don't have the energy to go all out like I did before. So, I am trying to keep in the habit for now. I typically burn between 380 and 500 calories during a class (I use a heart rate monitor). I try to keep to the lower amount right now. But, If I keep losing at near this rate I will be back to pushing myself soon. If the music is good, it really helps. The time flies by.
I LOVE spin too. I had to stop b/c of hip problems that developed. I went for Physical Therapy but then started gaining weight and here I am. I'm re-starting the PT exercises (went to 2 different docs and 3 different PTs before I found a regimen that really worked for me). Re-start necessary b/c the foot problems and eventual surgery put me "back". IP is moving me forward! I may get a home spin bike at goal.
When I go back to spin, I'll probably start with 15 min of the class and build up to the whole class. Just getting the butt used to the seat is an ordeal
But hip rehab first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Whew. Made it through my first weigh in during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!
It doesn't take long to regain control, does it? Congrats! You'll be AMAZED a few weeks from now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
LOVE THE SNOW!!!
BEAUTIFUL, FLUFFY, CHRISTMAS SNOW!!! Snowman and snow fort building snow!!!

Much needed moisture for our trees, grass etc....TOO many forest fires last year. We are celebrating!!! Dancing in our boots, hats, gloves, scarves and beautiful (smaller sized) coats!
All true. The drought has been horrible. I live in the city. It just gets so yuck so fast and snow does not stay pretty long (and in STL, melts pretty quickly anyway) I'm just good with the rain. I am ALL FOR everyone else enjoying their snow! I'll be the snow Grinch. (Oh wait. The Grinch didn't like anyone else liking it either...oh well you go ahead and enjoy!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Hi everyone hope your all having a great weekend. Went today to wi & get measured but my coach was out sick so have to wait till Tuesday. Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...
Me too! That's why I'm still here and will be until the bitter end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
Had a big weigh-in week this week- hit 50lbs lost mark and passed it up too!
Getting ready for 8plus inches of snow today- BRING IT ON! I just want a nice white christmas.
Enjoy your snow (says the snow Grinch). But a HUGE congrats on your WI. 50 lbs in 12 weeks! WOW!

Quote:
I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department.
Bella: I know this was a difficult decision for you but I also know that stress does nothing good for weight loss and frustration sets in. Please hang out with us so you don't get too far off track. We want you to maintain all of your hard work so that when life calms down a bit and you are ready for the "last 30" you're still where you are now.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Catching up for the weekend! Official weigh in for week 9, -2.2 lbs! Very happy with this as it's been a slow week and I didn't think I was going to break -2.

[QUOTE=tam67green;4551068]... I got a pair of pants that were 2 sizes smaller than I bought back in the spring (last time I bought pants), tried them on, but had to put them back and ended up buying pants that were 3 sizes smaller! QUOTE]

THREE sizes??? Incredible!

[QUOTE=yaelbelle;4551076]I dreamed my husband wanted to get 'frisky' but I kept telling him, "I need to check if that is on IP first, " "just let me check the IP sheet," "at least let me go check the board. "QUOTE]

Oh, my! lol! Well, I guess it depends on what Phase you are in. You are supposed to limit exercise in Phase 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses...Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this?
You will rock that dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same.
Hgamroth and Fishette-

I also feel the same as before I gained the weight. I have problems with correct body perception...I feel like I look the same whether I am big or small. It's like I live so "in my head" that I'm detached from how my body looks. It's not about shame over how I look, guilt, or avoidance, it's very strange. It's part of what got me in this shape to begin with...I really didn't see how big I was getting when I looked in the mirror. And now, I really don't see how small I am getting. I have been this way all my life. I learned some time ago that I cannot rely on the mirror because of this. I have to rely on the scale, know ing that I am exercising, and on the fact that I am making healthy food choices.

Quote:
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!!

......I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit!
CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Whew. Made it through my first weighin during TOM. -4.5. Happy with that result! I love being in control now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Weight at home & saw I was down so in 4wks 20lbs gone. So loving this diet...
Great job ladies! (I'd take 4.5 with TOM anyday!)

Quote:
I have decided, after much thought and consideration, to continue on a "modified" program. My goal for right now, will not be to lose any weight, but rather to maintain where I am until things have calmed down somewhat in the stress department. I think for now it is the best that I can manage. Stress and lack of sleep are two major factors when you are trying to lose weight...
Best of luck, Bella! I do find this diet to be much harder with lack of sleep. It's as though I just don't have enough calories to get by if I don't sleep regularly. I hope things calm down for you soon.

And last of all, RAINBOW, where are these dress pictures? I'm dying to see!!!! And I tried Jimaca chips with vinegar and salt...omg, much closer to potato chips than kale chips! TY so much for the idea, love them!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone. I just have to say how much I love reading your posts and comments to each other. You certainly support and inspire each other to get over the rough spots.

One question- exercise- my IP Dr (chiro) won't let me exercise while I'm on phase 1. I would actually like to start doing light yoga but he says NO- the weight needs to come off first. I trust him- the results I've had and the results OTHERS have had who've worked with him are amazing. SO- those of you exercising- is it coach approved??

Also- down 20+ and I went shopping in my closet. 3 pairs of jeans, 3 skirts and 2 dress pants fit again!! (well, they're tight but another week and I'll be good to go!)
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #45  

Good Sunday morning all! Grey and gloomy here but after the rain passes it will cool down. We go from AC to heat in a day. My hubby bought me several pairs of size 16 pants for Christmas and the scale moved down 4 lbs. Life is good.
I'm jumping on the alternative wagon as of, well whenever my nashua order comes in. I've been doing pure protein bars for a week and when the scale didn't move I freaked a little thinking that I was eating too much but today proved that alternatives do work!
Off to Sam's !
Closed Thread