Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minch View Post
Happy weekend peeps! I'm going to start my day by going lamp shopping! We bought new living room furniture the other day that will be delivered on the 15th so now I need new lamps to go along with our new contemporary look! It's going to be fun redecorating...but wish I had more talents in this area!
I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one who feels less-than-stellar skills in the area of decorating.
Have fun shopping!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #17  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

i wish i had more talent in that area too!! my moms house looks the same....every year...like it came out of a magazine photo shoot!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
I weigh daily. On Wednesday I had surgery. My weight went up FIVE pounds between Wednesday morning and Thursday morning. My husband's weight also went up five pounds that night. Both of us have come down two pounds since then. He did not have surgery. I have two theories. 1 the sugar in the saline bags really messed me up big time. 2 our scale is broken in some way. It could be a combination of the two, all I know is that I don't want to weigh in today.
I have surgery in 11 days. I expect that my weight will do the same thing but hopefully I'll be too sedated to notice! My weight will be up for a while because my knee will be so swollen so I'll just have to adjust
I weigh daily as well, think weighing is a personal preference. The ups and downs don't bother me in fact I am fascinated by them. I am in awe of what the body does to create checks and balances on its own and it also proves to me that even being 100%OP doesn't guarantee weight loss every week
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning everyone!

I didn't get to scan yesterday's daily thread until late last night. There were some amazing accomplishments there! I wish I could remember them all, but CONGRAT to all, and especially to making 100 lbs lost! WOW!

Hey, Hey, guess who's half-way? This girl!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
CONGRATS NOLA!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
CONGRATS NOLA!!!!!!!
Thanks, and best of luck with your surgery. I will be thinking of you and wishing you uncomplicated and speedy recovery.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

The snow is hovering, waiting to dump on us today and brrrrrrrrr! I am hoping the snow holds off until we are finished unloading the Bountiful Basket truck. Today is my day to open up the school and unload. It is going to be an extra packet day today for sure. I am also going to do some major cleaning out of the refrigerator and pantry today. The in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and with finals, kid concerts and activities, Christmas parties, and a weekend get away with DH, this weekend is my ONLY time. I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses. I have wore a sweater dress a couple of times but it is thick covers me pretty well. Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this? I look at dresses and drool but do not have the confidence to purchase or see myself in them. I do wear skirts now but I like having the top cover my hips. Old habits....
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Saturday morning everyone! I have a busy, but fun day today. Going to spin class and then coffee with a friend I have not seen in a while. Another friend is coming by with a pile of ski jackets for me to try on to borrow since mine don't fit. She is bringing her 2 year old I have not seen in a while so i am very excited. Then I have a fun Christmas party tonight. I am having a professional do my makeup! Also, my sister helped me pick out an outfit when I visited her a couple weeks ago, so I feel really good in it. I even made myself new jewelry to wear with it.

Hgamroth: You have such a cute figure, you would look great in a dress. If you can pull off a sweater dress, you can wear almost any dress. I worry about my hips too, but like to go for dresses that are smaller in the waist and kind of flair out from there, I think that style would look gorgeous on you!

yaelbelle: Using IP to get out of "frisky time" in your dreams is so funny. I really did laugh out loud when I read this.

KathrynRose: That surgery weight will come off. Focus on healing, it will be gone soon.

tam67green: 3 sizes smaller AND in pants! WOW! Congratulations, that is so awesome!

Rainbow: I saw your dress pictures on another thread. Which one did you pick? You could not go wrong with either. My you are so beautiful!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma4343 View Post
Good Saturday morning everyone! I have a busy, but fun day today. Going to spin class and then coffee with a friend I have not seen in a while. Another friend is coming by with a pile of ski jackets for me to try on to borrow since mine don't fit. She is bringing her 2 year old I have not seen in a while so i am very excited. Then I have a fun Christmas party tonight. I am having a professional do my makeup! Also, my sister helped me pick out an outfit when I visited her a couple weeks ago, so I feel really good in it. I even made myself new jewelry to wear with it.

Hgamroth: You have such a cute figure, you would look great in a dress. If you can pull off a sweater dress, you can wear almost any dress. I worry about my hips too, but like to go for dresses that are smaller in the waist and kind of flair out from there, I think that style would look gorgeous on you!
Have fun at your party and post pics of your outfit!!! A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into a spin class. How intense is it?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Have fun at your party and post pics of your outfit!!! A friend of mine has been trying to talk me into a spin class. How intense is it?
I LOVE spin. You can really control the intensity by how fast you pedal and how much you turn up the dial. However, I do remember my first one ever seemed incredibly hard, it is MUCH easier just your second time as you get more use to it. But, if you focus on just figuring it out and not going too hard your first class you will love it. I do take it a little easier now in my IP days. I just don't have the energy to go all out like I did before. So, I am trying to keep in the habit for now. I typically burn between 380 and 500 calories during a class (I use a heart rate monitor). I try to keep to the lower amount right now. But, If I keep losing at near this rate I will be back to pushing myself soon. If the music is good, it really helps. The time flies by.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #25  

Quote:
I LOVE spin. You can really control the intensity by how fast you pedal and how much you turn up the dial. However, I do remember my first one ever seemed incredibly hard, it is MUCH easier just your second time as you get more use to it. But, if you focus on just figuring it out and not going too hard your first class you will love it. I do take it a little easier now in my IP days. I just don't have the energy to go all out like I did before. So, I am trying to keep in the habit for now. I typically burn between 380 and 500 calories during a class (I use a heart rate monitor). I try to keep to the lower amount right now. But, If I keep losing at near this rate I will be back to pushing myself soon. If the music is good, it really helps. The time flies by.
So do you eat a restricted before and add a packet after?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Saturday IPeeps!

Holly, you will rock any dress you put on. Look at your tiny self! I know ALL about the body dysmorphia that goes on - I look at those pictures that I post in the What are you Wearing thread and all I see are fat thighs. Yet I KNOW I have lost over 50lbs and I fit into pants that I couldn't get past my knees six months ago. Our brains conspire against us. Thank goodness for all of the encouragement on this board!

Today will be a bit of a challenge - the kids were invited to a birthday party at one of the local "fun centers" - which means pizza, cake, candy, soda and overall mayhem. It's been a while since I've had to deal with a social situation like this, plus this happens to be a MAJOR hungry week for me - must be a WHOOSH because I can't seem to fill my hollow leg this week! I had a HealthWise pancake for breakfast, and I think I'm going to make myself an egg white omelet with some mushrooms before the party as a snack. I have a Proti Diet hazelnut bar for my lunch, I figure the chocolate goodness will keep my mind off the cake! Going to plan a big dinner with salmon, roasted brussel sprouts, cauli rice and salad. Here's hoping it all works!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #27  

Quote:
So do you eat a restricted before and add a packet after?
I usually go to workout right after I have a breakfast shake and then I have another unrestricted after class. If I have not recently eaten, I will have a least a 1/2 unrestricted before and save the other 1/2 for after. If I don't have something around an hour before I go, I feel weak. Hope this helps. I know the IP protocol says a packet within an hour after working out.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #28  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same. Perhaps once I start back into exercising it will be more real to me. For now, I only notice when I'm getting dressed in the morning or if I see myself in a mirror. Then again, I have an intellectually demanding job, so maybe I just don't think in the physical world very often.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #29  

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #30  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I have surgery in 11 days. I expect that my weight will do the same thing but hopefully I'll be too sedated to notice! My weight will be up for a while because my knee will be so swollen so I'll just have to adjust
I weigh daily as well, think weighing is a personal preference. The ups and downs don't bother me in fact I am fascinated by them. I am in awe of what the body does to create checks and balances on its own and it also proves to me that even being 100%OP doesn't guarantee weight loss every week
will be keeping you in my prayers....stay strong. this too shall pass!!

Quote:
The snow is hovering, waiting to dump on us today and brrrrrrrrr! I am hoping the snow holds off until we are finished unloading the Bountiful Basket truck. Today is my day to open up the school and unload. It is going to be an extra packet day today for sure. I am also going to do some major cleaning out of the refrigerator and pantry today. The in-laws are coming in 2 weeks and with finals, kid concerts and activities, Christmas parties, and a weekend get away with DH, this weekend is my ONLY time. I bought a new dress for my husbands Christmas party next weekend. I am still SO uncomfortable in dresses. I have wore a sweater dress a couple of times but it is thick covers me pretty well. Sometimes I still see myself over 200 pounds in my mind and I am incredibly self conscious so, wearing a dress scares me. Do any of you ladies feel this? I look at dresses and drool but do not have the confidence to purchase or see myself in them. I do wear skirts now but I like having the top cover my hips. Old habits....
snow snow snow LE sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want some snow!!!!!

Quote:
Rainbow: I saw your dress pictures on another thread. Which one did you pick? You could not go wrong with either. My you are so beautiful!
awwww you are so sweet!!!! thank you!!! i think i am going with the blue one...but the black one is still tempting me!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
My officemate and I were just talking yesterday about how I feel exactly the same as before I lost 30 pounds. I know I'm wearing slacks I couldn't get past my knees 4 months ago, and I have a much easier time going up stairs, but when I'm sitting as my desk working on the computer I feel exactly the same. Perhaps once I start back into exercising it will be more real to me. For now, I only notice when I'm getting dressed in the morning or if I see myself in a mirror. Then again, I have an intellectually demanding job, so maybe I just don't think in the physical world very often.
stairs....yes stairs...isn't is awesome to be able to go up and down stairs with ease!! i used to CLING ON FOR DEAR LIFE...going down stairs...and took 1 step then both feet then 1 step then both feet, and now, i can walk down them normally and without even having to hold on!! its amazing how losing weight effects so many areas of our lives we don't even think about.

today, while riding in the car, i looked down ans saw my thighs...
i was like...wow, i can see my legs. before, all i saw was this round rotunda of a belly. that belly is getting flatter and it no longer obstructs my lower half view!!

when i take photos now of my foods for the recipe thread, i no longer have to suck in my gut, to get it out of the shot!! TMI i'm sure!! sorry i noticed in some shots, i see toes!! imagine that!!...seeing my toes while looking downward....something i haven't seen in 25 plus years!!!

HELLO TOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!!!! Just went to buy my son a few more Christmas gifts at JCP and decided to stop and try on a few pair of pants. Go into the 16W and was so excited then wanted to see how close I was to the regular dept so I tried on a pair of 18 reg Lee pants THEY FIT! I was crying in the dressing room! I was in the regular dept! no I AM in regular pants now! I went to find some others and found some really cute Liz Claiborne's. SO I tried on the 18's. they didn't fit because they were too big!!!!! I had to go to a size 16!!! me, in a size 16!!!! they fit! they fit! THANK YOU IP BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH MORE TO MY iPEEPS!!!!!! I could not have gotten this far without yall!! I know I have a lot further to go but I'm going to let this natural buzz take me over for a few hours, ok for a lot longer!
omg!!! i just FEEL your excitement right through the screen!!!!!!!!!!!
i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!! it must feel totally absolutely freakin FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread