Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

The last few weeks have been slow going. I was hoping to hit a 40lb loss by last friday but, I finally did it! Down 41lbs as of today. I love the IP program.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #47  

Congrats Dawn!!!! that is a BIG goal!!!! You are almost half way done!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnwhite58 View Post
The last few weeks have been slow going. I was hoping to hit a 40lb loss by last friday but, I finally did it! Down 41lbs as of today. I love the IP program.
Congrats! I hit my 40 mark (42) at my last weigh-in. What is your reward for your mini-goal? I got a 90 min massage

My losses are averaging a little over 2/week (13 in the last 6 weeks) but I had 2 weeks in ROW with losses measured in the tenths of pounds. Patience was the word and it all worked out. I don't put pressure on myself for "goal-by-date" b/c I only have control over what I do...not how my body reacts. Women have all the hormonal changes (no matter what our age) so we just have to live with whatever our bodies do. But its all good in the end.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:50 PM   #49  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

NSV for me yesterday: stayed OP at the big extended family birthday party. The food was subs, chips, dips, veggie tray, cake and ice cream. I ate turkey and some raw veggies. I even helped dip and serve the ice cream, but didn't eat any of that or the cake. My family was like, "How can you do that without have some of it?" , "You have incredible will power", "I coud never do that program!" Since I've always considered myself a person of little to no will power, that was music to my ears!
Loving this program, feeling great about my success on it! :-)
Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #50  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

tam67- great NSV! Looks like you have fantastic willpower now.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #51  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon everyone..

Well i finished lurking and im back on IP now..I just got out of the hospital a couple of days ago. I was hospitalized with a fever of 102 and apparently i was severely dehydrated and they thought i had appendicitis which it turns out was actually a really bad kidney infection. I was living off of iv fluids, morphine and gravol along with a heavy dose of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories..

Now im back..for the most part the infection is gone and i started back on IP yesterday..so im into day 2..Scary thing.. i weighed myself every day when sick and the scale told me i had actually gained weight not lost weight...it said i had gained all 5 pounds i lost the week before i got sick...well..i weighed myself and i was 4 pounds lighter which goes to show i didnt gain weight when i was sick and living off of diet gingerale and jello..i just shed 4 pounds of water weight in one day..its crazy how much you can retain..

Anywho..hope all is well...sounds like lots of success today!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

I went to Atlantic City yesterday and stayed completely OP. I packed appropriate meals and was rewarded this morning on my scale.

I am 4 lbs down this week, with my weigh in for my week 2 results not until tomorrow. TOM is hitting as well, so I couldn't be happier with the scale and the inches my clothes have told me I've lost. Super motivated to keep it up.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon everyone..

Well i finished lurking and im back on IP now..I just got out of the hospital a couple of days ago. I was hospitalized with a fever of 102 and apparently i was severely dehydrated and they thought i had appendicitis which it turns out was actually a really bad kidney infection. I was living off of iv fluids, morphine and gravol along with a heavy dose of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories..

Now im back..for the most part the infection is gone and i started back on IP yesterday..so im into day 2..Scary thing.. i weighed myself every day when sick and the scale told me i had actually gained weight not lost weight...it said i had gained all 5 pounds i lost the week before i got sick...well..i weighed myself and i was 4 pounds lighter which goes to show i didnt gain weight when i was sick and living off of diet gingerale and jello..i just shed 4 pounds of water weight in one day..its crazy how much you can retain..

Anywho..hope all is well...sounds like lots of success today!
Illness wreaks havoc on our body and is not a good time to monitor weight loss (as you learned. It causes inflammation, which is water-retention, among other things). The important thing is to focus on getting well and THEN re-focus on the plan.
I'm glad you are well. Has your doctor cleared you to re-start such a restrictive plan so shortly after such a bad illness?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #54  

Jicama chips are delicious! I was slicing them with my trusty pampered chef mandolin slicer and took off part of my finger! OUCH!!!! but the chips were so good! thx all for the recipe
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Successfully completed C25K Week 5 Day 2, which includes two 8 min runs separated by a 5 min walk. I remain in awe of my body's ability to do this... and of my freakishly obsessive need to move!
Now I need to go in search of the jicama chips recipe! Haha!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Default coming back after taking 2 months off

I haven't been on here in a while, looking at my signature and I gained a few but not as bad as I expected.
I was trying to do this program on my own and using cheaper shakes etc.... but I wasn't being as on program as I should have. Now is probably the worst time to try getting back OP with Christmas coming but I feel ready. Wish me good luck Thanks!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Good evening all !!!

I stayed OP all thru thanksgiving and have seen little to no change on the scale. NSV all my shopping for the grandbabies (3) are done !!! And I stayed away from those doughnuts that was brought into my house yesterday!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #58  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I had a great workout today...Bodypump & Pilates this morning, along with a Phase 1-ish day today (tomorrow too). Even with an 8-mile Turkey Trot Thur and a 12-mile run Sat and not even going too crazy, the holidays still crept up on me by a few pounds! There really is nothing as effective as Phase 1 for controlling that scale.

I have a dirty secret, I am having a giant glass of ICE CREAM for dinner tonight! Lol, of course it is made from cucumbers, lemon juice, & vanilla rtd...but omg - creamy & delicious! I actually have this a good amount in Phase 4, definitely take advantage of unlimited veggies!

ETA: just realized TOM is starting in a few days...explains a few pounds!

Last edited by LizRR; 11-25-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Default Tough few weeks

Hi all-
It's so inspirational to read about all of your successes. I've been on IP for 13 weeks and am down about 34 lbs so far with an overall goal of 80lbs to lose.

I'm enjoying the program and am not having much trouble staying on program, luckily. My challenge is that I've had some good weeks and some really crummy weeks for weight loss even though I'm doing the same things. The last couple of weeks were all less than 2lbs, most around 1. I have tried cutting out all restricted, and I'm back to that again this week after a low WI on Friday. I don't mind skipping the restricted, but it's hard to tell if that makes any difference anyway.

Being on this rigid of a diet and then losing one pound in a week is rough for me, especially when it happens several weeks in a row. I'm not giving up but it's definitely getting me down.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #60  
Start IP 7/27/12

S/C/G: 225.4/156/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Jicama chips are delicious! I was slicing them with my trusty pampered chef mandolin slicer and took off part of my finger! OUCH!!!! but the chips were so good! thx all for the recipe
OMG! I did the same thing when I was making the turnip chips. That really hurts and it took forever to heal since it was deep. Those things are dangerous! Hope your finger is okay!
Closed Thread